Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy, but needed my daily fix from you dears! However, MARIE, to what are the staff contributing your high numbers? Are they checking your oxygen level? Please don't rush to get back to normal until everything is under control, dear! I only repeat what we are all telling you: WE LOVE YOU and want you well quickly!
    Get-well-Soon-chocolate-Graphic.jpg

To all the rest of you clever people, I hear you loud and clear! No more TV!!! At least not the campaigning kind! SANDY will make a great leader
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=http://testing.notimeforflashcards.com/tag/books-about-elections&bvm=bv.136593572,d.eWE&psig=AFQjCNFbfQdmSeiaPaFCHvkJKQkER-wYSw&ust=1477253067098757
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    i
    Posted once but lost it somehow.I have been cold loday
    ithinki am doing beitter my blood sugar is bacin the 200 a lot better than 399 or 400 i am down another2 lbs nmakes 169,2. Now time to scrough up some supper.I was worried about going in a coma

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    R een told told that's badderinfection can cause a hig blood readiing.. Thanksgoodness it is stablize some what now.
    Marie <3
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Had to have vegetables for tonight's meal, since so many were fresh from the market. Delicious!
    We're both sore and pooped after bringing home a huge entertainment center. Kind of like yours Sandy, but without the middle parts. It's in the house but not yet in place, needs cleaning. Very nice day, cool but not cold like Shirley, at 43 brrrr.
    Marie, glad to see your posts, and so glad your sugar has gotten better.
    I'm going to have a rare evening cup of coffee and crawl under the covers.
    Night!
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Cubs, Cubs, Cubs!!!!! Amazing.

Time to get running.

See you later.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning. I had a very pleasant night. had my coffee and yogurt with cherry pie filling on tops, very good.waiting for Alice to come out.Kathy and her daughter Amanda went to a concert last night at thhe cowboys stadium can't think of the group/ But they love em.Kathy got all doll tight fitting jeans. and fancy hair do..Knowing Mandy she had holeys jeans on.
    Marie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi Ho! Up too early since I went to bed so late. Had a quick run about shopping. We talked with our son for a couple of hours yesterday. Tonight is our Thai food night. I am not crazy about it but John is really devoted to several hot dishes, one with salmon. Once a week we go in and they treat John like a long lost relative. It is funny and sweet. We have such different tastes and John is sure it has to do with some people having more or less of the specized taste buds on our tongue. Interesting idea. That is his reason for never being able to eat Brussels sprouts.

Lost some of my emails in the big internet swoop...but not all of them (?) we are not enjoying football as much this year. I have given up tv lately except for the occasional show on PBS. Baseball was a favorite of my dad's. He would have gotten a huge kick out of the Cubs. John is a football fan. Our son also played football in high school. Oh those grass stained uniforms!! The bane of my existence back then.

Got all the paintings reframed (12) and back to the gallery. I will not show in the winter group show. Maybe the spring show. If I do the spring show, I will reuse the old frames. Knowing the way things go, I will most likely have to reorder and start fresh. I should not be thinking about this endeavor like that. All of the earth paintings sold. Yea!
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    0wp9cqt9qpc0.jpg

Happy Sunday! :) It is an exciting time in Chicago!! Finally 71 years later the Cubs have won the Pennant!! Now here's hoping after 108 years they can win the World Series!!

Marie, happy to hear from you and hope each day brings you better health. It has to be scary when your sugar count is high, I remember when my dad had insulin reactions. Glad you are feeling a little better, take care of yourself.

Have a great Sunday, Funday!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    The fire is lit, I'm sipping a lovely cuppa and waiting for my hot water booster to give enough for a shower because the afternoon was spent with neighbours burning all the clippings and prunings from our respective gardens..... I stink of bonfire smoke!! Too tired and hungry to concentrate on much but delighted to see our Marie obviously feeling a whole lot better. <3
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Help; first, having trouble accessing this site using <http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000425/senior-golden-sneakers#latest>...then I cannot post my reply as another crazy window appears on the left of the post listing all kinds of communities! So I cannot talk to you all (how refreshing!). If you see this, perhaps a message or email to me might help! :'(
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Somehow, the last one finally posted. I wonder if something got into my computer that is escaping all scans!
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Maybe I finally clicked the right "close" as this time the window did not pop up! Anyway, I just wanted to tell MARIE I join the crowds telling her we are all rooting for her to feel better!

Brought Mike down to the main dining room for Sunday lunch/brunch/dinner but had to leave him when the time approached 1:00 when I was expecting a Comcast technician at my door to examine why my service is so appallingly bad! One of our friends took over and after the meal, brought him outside to the pool area where it was gorgeous, but they could not find an outlet for Mike's oxygen concentrator. Now I received another call letting me know he's in good hands and will be taken to the auditorium to see today's afternoon movie. I'm delighted he is with friends! Meanwhile it's 2: and Comcast hasn't arrived yet!
    I must pick up my litter!!! Hoping this will post OK!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Thanks, LIN. It got me right here. Let's see if I can post!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Marie - Glad you're doing better. Take care!
    Buzz - Hope you get everything worked out with your computer and internet connection. That can be incredibly frustrating.

The hubby and I are watching the Falcon's game, hoping they hang on against the Chargers. Jim (the hubby) has the week off and we're planning to spending the time catching up on some house projects.
    Marcella
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Took a 'by' day and went back to sleep. Surprised to wake at 5pm!! Buzz, you made it! Glad your friends are helping you with Mike.
    Marie your post today was clear as a bell so I guess your vision has cleared too.
    Veg soup tonight was good. Think I'll watch some of my recorded programs.
    Marcella good to hear from you. My Jim watched them lose.
    Have a good evening
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good morning, going to run a few errands and then get a haircut. Need to make some soup and finish gathering up all the 'stuff' for Tuesday Trash day. Then back to trying to resolve a problem I started with on Friday. They said to call back today.

After church yesterday I came home, had lunch and started clearing up the dead plants that have been in pots on the deck. Everything has to be cut up and put in big brown compost-it bags. So the tomatoes, flowers and herbs are cut up and bagged. Cleared out the dead stems from the day lilies. Now to figure out what to do with all the root laden soil in the pots and also do some of the pots need to be tossed. Some were supposed to last for several years with jute on the outside and inner liners but I see the jute stuck to the deck and the bottoms of the pots do not look good.

Buzz, I am glad a few other people took care of Mike's needs for a little while. And I hope Comcast resolved the problems you've been experiencing. I am impressed that they would show up on Sunday. The company I use here would not come on Sunday and it often takes well over a week to even get on the schedule for an appointment.

Phoebe, I love it!! A BY day. Haaaaa.

Marie, so happy to hear from you and you seem to be doing so much better. It does a heart good. Hugs.

Marcella, apparently the football game did not go well? Have a wonderful week getting some house projects out of the way.

Jackie, a bonfire. Lovely. When I lived on the farm we would clean up the garden at the end of the season and burn anything that appeared diseased along with twigs and weeds etc. It was fun.

Sandy, will you be able to see all the games on TV at home? Or will you have to go to sports bars or other places to watch? Since we have a 'farm' team for the Cubs, during the playoffs, they opened the stadium for free several times to watch the game on their big digital screen.

Time to zip along. Sorry for everyone I've missed!!! Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    3603246bcdkld0gu7.gif

Get well soon Marie!

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Marie :) Happy to hear you are feeling better. I tried posting your graphic the other day but MFP was not cooperating. It seems if you try and go back in to edit the Post Reply will not work if you do it more than once. Feel better buddy!

Lin :) It seems we are on the same page, I have been doing outside clean up too, yesterday I cut down all the plants but still have more to finish today and wash up all the ornaments and put them away.

Buzz :) I have been having troubles with MFP too, don't try too many edits then they won't let you do a final post, very frustrating. Glad you are finally getting some help from your friends with Mike. Did you get your Comcast fixed?

Sandy :) Go cubs! Not a fan but I know you are, and hope they win just for you! Counting down the days to see Isaac. I am finally back in my bed after Dave's cold so I hope to stay healthy to see Isaac. I know he is running all over now but can't wait to hug and kiss him.

Phoebe :) Enjoy your By day and get some sleep. Sleep is very important!

Marcella :) My hubby is a Bill's fan and still supports them over all their lean years and hopefully this year they will do better. I hope your team does well too.

Busy day, laundry, washing up all lawn ornaments and finishing up the winter pruning. Best be going!

Hello to the rest of the gang!
    Shirley
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A grey day with lots of heavy showers so I'm at home after a stroll with George and friends around local woods and visiting someone from our local apiary to collect the manual honey extractor except he'd forgotten when I phoned yesterday to make a plan that he'd already passed it on to someone else a few days earlier. Glad I'm not the only forgetful person! He's since delivered another to my home so I'm ready to extract once I've washed my kitchen floor. I'm also vacuuming, dusting and preparing bean and chorizo soup for the week.

Lin ~ We have a good size bonfire twice a year to clear debris and find it thoroughly satisfying even if a bit tiring.

Patsy ~ Clever girl selling all your earth paintings.... wonderful but not surprising because from the photos you showed us the colours are so warm and comforting I'd happily live with one on my wall. Instead I just took delivery of a painting I purchased on ebay of a Lhasa apso that could be George except it's so much more a tidy and well kempt pooch!! George after a walk through wet leaves in our woods is not a pretty sight!

Time for a cup of tea and light the stove so the housework can wait! Apart from swimming in the morning and yoga tomorrow evening my week is quiet so plenty of time to get it all done.
    Hello to everyone.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) Laundry day and later my cleaning girl comes so things will be done before I go to Babe's tomorrow. I am going to take care of Robby early tomorrow morning while Lisa goes for her extended ultrasound. This is just to be sure all of "Max's" body parts are growing "normal'. Everything is in God's Hands, as we have no control over anything.
    I think Lisa is also going to the DMV after her test so I will probably pack my bag today in case I am running late tomorrow.

Jackie, I presume you are wearing your bee suit to extract the honey, we wouldn't want you to get stung by some angry bees. Please make sure George stays indoors. <3

Shirley, I know just how you feel wanting those hugs and kisses, these boys just melt our hearts don't they? I am still holding off until I cover my patio furniture with a tarp, hoping that white stuff stays away.

Lin, I was able to watch the playoffs in the comfort of my own home on my TV. The World Series will be on Fox so I will be able to watch it at Babe's house with Daisy. I just hope they win so Chicago can see a victory.

Phoebe, love the idea of a by day which I do often but without the sleeping. Your body must have been tired and needed the rest. Were you able to go to bed at a decent time and fall asleep?

Marcella, some quality time with the hubby this week sounds good, take some time for each other beside all the house projects.

Buzz, I got woken by a phone call this morning that said we noticed something was wrong with your computer and I said I am not falling for your scam and hung up on him. It was a New Jersey call........862-231-2552. I googled it and it is indeed a scam so be careful who you give access to your computer. The number was for different scams including saying they were from Dell and/or the IRS. I hope Comcast was able to help you.

Sorry for those I missed, have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time