Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, Robby's skeleton pants are almost as adorable as he and the baby are! What a beautiful threesome!
    I haven't time for comments as I am helping the kids of my friend who died yesterday and just took off a few minutes to check here. They are clearing away her worldly goods so the mover can take everything; not a happy chore for them. Back tomorrow.
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,189 Member
    Options
    Oh Buzz, how kind of you to help!! That is a very tough job. What a lady!! I cleaned out my dad's nursing home room on the day he died and they did not provide any assistance but I didn't want to have to return again so was relieved to have it out of the way. I am sure they will be relieved to have something accomplished.

Sandy, yes, thanks for the photo. I don't know how I would have gotten down on that little couch much less gotten up again. And you really do not look frazzled to me. Just beautiful as usual.

I gave out my little Valentine bags today and everyone was gracious enough to thank me for them.

I did some cooking this afternoon, a bit of water color and now I am going to try to crochet for a while.

Don't plan to be around tomorrow. Take care, be well!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Our morning dog walk was windy but at last the temperature is above freezing so although we battled our way across the top moor we all felt (including the dogs!) so much better for it. My plan was to drop in on my housebound neighbour as we passed on the way home but that cold wind put my mind more on needing a pee so back we came and now George has been fed and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee we'll walk there in the next hour. Yesterday I decided to move a small cupboard from sitting room to dining area so had to remove lots of cookery books to lighten it but since I now look recipes up online most times I have to be mercenary and sort through which I want to keep, mostly for sentimental reasons. I've already come across one entitled One is Fun with recipes for individual meals that I'll pass on to one of the friends I met last Friday who's struggling since his wife passed away because she did all the cooking. Hopefully it will inspire him to do more healthy home cooking and stay away from restaurants, something he was finding added inches to his waistline!

No time to comment individually except on Sandy's photo.... gorgeous as ever (all 3 of you!) and to dear Buzz ~ you're always there for those that need support whatever is going on in your own life and I love you for it. <3 Everyone else take care and enjoy the new week.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Cleaning girl is here and laundry is being done. I got my results from my blood tests on my online account and all came back good except for this one:
    TG and HDL very good. LDL goal < 130 but not indicated to start a statin for cholesterol as pt is > 70 and new guidelines state not indicated to start statin after this age as won't affect mortality.
    In other words I am too old to worry about it is how I read that!! lol
    I am above normal:
    LDL 152
    130 - 159 Borderline
    I think I can fix this by eating more vegetables, what do you think? I thought about ordering healthy meals from one of those online sites but it comes to about $6 a meal so not sure if it is worth that. I should probably just cook healthy meals for myself instead of those healthy choice and smart ones frozen dinners. Meat, salad and veggies, how hard can it be? lol

Is is Maddy and Linda's birthday today but I have to admit I can't remember who Linda is, can anyone help me?
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Jackie, you are too kind but thanks for the compliment!! Our weather is warming a little, although I am cold in my house for some reason. Please be careful moving furniture, remember your back.

Lin, I knew everyone would love your gifts, you are so thoughtful. I bet your cholesterol is perfect with all the veggies you eat!

Buzz, you are so considerate and so kind.

Have a great day everyone and eat healthy!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• delraybuzz
    Options
    MADDY,
    s41vmss25crc.png
    and where are you, dear one?

vowfv3btozkw.png
    Since the only Linda I know is our special sweet LIN, I'm wishing her a great day!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I had so many things to catch up on for tax records, and finally got online for Mike's reports, having been locked out for months, so it's dinner time and I'm late, as usual! LIN, is it your birthday? I don't want to add an extra year, luv!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    I had so many things to catch up on for tax records, and finally got online for Mike's reports, having been locked out for months, so it's dinner time and I'm late, as usual! LIN, is it your birthday? I don't want to add an extra year, luv!
    <3 Buzz

Actually, it isn't our sweet Lin, her birthday is September 25. Lin is short for Linder.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)jackie, my dogs and I love going for our walks no matter what the weather. I have to be a bit more careful on icy streets but we have warm coats and a cheerful attitude just like you.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening, I was able to spend the day with my friend today while her husband made his trip to visit his mother. All went well, I was able to do a few things for her and looked after the dog all day (in and out of the house, cleaning off his feet when coming in, getting fresh water, playing with him etc.) so she could rest. They go to the oncologist tomorrow to discuss the chemo protocol Mayo recommends.

I am tired. I think I will read and get some rest myself.

Tomorrow is Mah Jongg morning and coloring afternoon.

Hugs dear friends.

Happy birthday to Linda and Maddy! <3<3

Li
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Nearly midday already but I have walked first thing through the village with George before meeting friends for our weekly swim at the local leisure centre and because it's half term we had the pool to ourselves until a special flume fun session started for children at 10 o'clock. In the past few weeks I've become aware the tired feeling I had after radiotherapy has finally gone so I pushed myself to swim the number of lengths I did prior to that and managed just short of half a mile.... pretty good for me! We are up in the clouds today with low mist and drizzle hanging over us so apart from another walk for George this afternoon, probably in local woods, I won't be going far.
    George has been sitting on my lap as I've read posts but he's making it impossible for me to type so I'll stop now and come back when he's snoozing! Just managed to take this photo!!
    k0ur671l86dh.jpg

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Stupendous work with the swimming Jackie!! Good for you.

And George is beyond handsome!! Who did the lovely art work behind him?

Hugs to you both.

Lin <3
  • linder4866
    Options
    867227vd54wibpky.gif

<3<3<3

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's the prodigal Anne. I missed you guys I have to admit and so I thought I'd pop my nose in today of all good days to wish you all Happy Valentines Day. Feel free to throw a tomato at me rather than the usual Rose.

It's also Jilly Beans very first birthday. Yes she's survived living with me to the age of one. She's still one small dog and today when we went for our walk all you could see was one black tail as she burrowed through the snow. This dog loves snow and I intend taking her out a lot today to celebrate reaching this grand age
    Not much happening in my life. Youngest son still flying on business trips to exotic places. Latest, Amsterdam. He arrived safely home in THE snowstorm. Mike still propping me up on grocery trips although it was my turn to prop him up this past week, he having slipped on the ice and thus hobbling.

It appears I have 7 pages to read of all your goings on.
    I'll bore you with the latest photo of Jilly Bean, so you can see she is a BIG girl now. That's her chewy bone and squirrel she is guarding just before a nap.

Cheers from Anne.
  • jacean2017
    Options
  • Sandydur
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Tuesday and Happy Valentine's Day!! :) I have no plans for today, no one loves me. lol
    I am fine with doing nothing, I am blessed in so many other ways and have much love in my life!!

Oh my gosh Jackie could George get any cuter?

Anne, you sneaked in here while I was posting, what a wonderful surprise!
    Oh my gosh, another beautiful dog who is beyond cute!! We miss you here and wish you would return!! Thanks for popping in to say hello!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Hi Sandy, I've no idea how to join in again, I managed to delete everything when I decided to quit MFP. Actually that was a good thing, because I managed to lose a pound without trying when I stopped obsessing about recording and eating everything I put in my mouth.
    However, I also managed to delete the Sneaker account and I have no Idea how to get in again unless I do the long route. Like now!
    The last time we "spoke" you had become a new grandma with photos to prove. Hope, (I believe), Max is thriving along with Robbie. Oh must tell you, that's how we spell Robbie in the U.K. Think Robbie Burns the Scottish poet. Over here, Robby? Must remember.
    Anne, who's about to take her great big mastiff out.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    jacean2017 wrote: »
    Hi Sandy, I've no idea how to join in again, I managed to delete everything when I decided to quit MFP. Actually that was a good thing, because I managed to lose a pound without trying when I stopped obsessing about recording and eating everything I put in my mouth.
    However, I also managed to delete the Sneaker account and I have no Idea how to get in again unless I do the long route. Like now!
    The last time we "spoke" you had become a new grandma with photos to prove. Hope, (I believe), Max is thriving along with Robbie. Oh must tell you, that's how we spell Robbie in the U.K. Think Robbie Burns the Scottish poet. Over here, Robby? Must remember.
    Anne, who's about to take her great big mastiff out.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000425/senior-golden-sneakers#latest

Bookmark the page
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Whoops, it appears I'm back. There's one born every day when it comes to me and computers. Thanks Sandy.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    ygvpe6v3jb6x.jpg

<3<3<3 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! <3<3<3