Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,360 Member
    Hello, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Nothing interesting here with the exception of today's weather which was beyond wonderful. It was like my best memories of springtime when I was young.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    I just had a weird internet experience. I do much of my shopping online, and Sephora carries a number of brands I prefer, so I was planning to order my favorite eyeliner and googled "retailmenot" to see if any coupon codes were available (my frugal side) and as I was returning to retail me not to let them know the code worked after some 3 tries, I became aware that I had been switched to a website called "https://www.goodsearch.com/coupons/sephora?open=28089953" instead. After some research, I discovered a number of questionable coupon websites are stealing business from the more successful coupon sites! I reported it to Google. Now to bed, late as usual!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Another wardrobe is on its way to my garage so I'd better get on with some decorating over the next week! I'm in the process of arranging a courier and it's times like this I do appreciate the internet otherwise as Buzz is experiencing, I don't trust much about it!! A nice day although cool so I'm currently "blitzing" my sitting room after discovering one of Brady's presents under my sofa well and truly dead.... yikes! Our morning walks have been shortened until cattle in one of the further fields have moved on because Scruff's herding instincts appear and at the moment calves are with their protective mums and we don't want to have to flee across the meadows! Well I've certainly learned something new today now we know a little about the Coptic church. Priests must be married.... now doesn't that make more sense! :)

Back to my vacuum cleaner.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,268 Member
    edited April 2017
    Happy Friday! :) A solemn day being Good Friday for those who observe. A day of fast and abstinence so no eating eating between meals. The good news is I lost two pounds this week and am under my goal weight so I am one happy camper. Now it is a matter of maintenance and not gaining it back. I will be going to see the boys later and Robby might have a soccer game tomorrow morning. If he does I will go see him play although not sure how a two and a half year old knows what to do. lol

Jackie, I can hardly wait to see your finished bedroom although it sounds like a lot of work.
    EWWW on Brady leaving you a present, I know he loves you but couldn't her bring you diamonds or something nice!! I would love to see the baby calves, still waiting for April.

Buzz, I have had that experience with looking for coupons but if it is malicious my eset warns me so I don't open them.

Lin, we too had a beautiful day yesterday and right now it looks good but rain is expected.
    Tomorrow in the 80's but I hope it doesn't rain. How are you doing? Did you get all your projects done for Easter?

My car has a recall and I need an oil change so I made an appointment for Monday since he said it would take 4 or 5 hours. Can anyone pick me up, I will treat for lunch. lol

Have a good day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Happy Easter Sneakers
    Phoebe Happy Easter to you my dear

Love marie
  • delraybuzz
    A Blessed Good Friday, to all who observe this day.
    Followed by
    vdn4secuyys4.jpg
    I wish you all a lovely weekend. I plan to relax.

<3<3<3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    A quiet day today. In the day, I used to go to church on good Friday. The sun is peeping in and out of the clouds. I had a very restless night. Awoke to see a brilliant full moon. I did not see the pink moon that they talked about in the news.

I am not going to be able to spend much time on the book illustrations today or the weekend. Our son is coming from Portland. It is very funny about my Easter plans of a simple Easter dinner. John keeps talking about adding this and that and GASP! It is looking like a full blown big Easter dinner now. The left overs must be dealt with...sending some home with the son. Packaging up some for our daughter and family.

It is now hailing small Pea-sized hail. Cold and wet out now. My Irish grandmother used to say the devil walks the earth on good Friday. Don't let him in your house. Stay home and no singing or dancing. She was an adorable old lady. Wild hair and a head full of wild stories. Still, it does make one think...
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    It was a wet day with periods of loud thunder. I shut off and unplugged my laptop. I don't do that often.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. I plan to stay low key and try to focus on the meaning of the Easter season.

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    edited April 2017
    My virus protection is advising me they have blocked content on this page due to potential or suspicious sites so watch out folks! A shorter walk this morning because Scruff has scratched her eye and didn't want to do much, not even play with George as he did his best to make her run. We had a small amount of rain last night which I'm quite relieved about..... ha, never thought I'd type such words but the new plants and cut grass needed it. I'm now about to go shopping for wallpaper paste and paint for the bedroom and hope it won't be too busy because I'm not the most patient of shoppers!

Sandy ~ Poor April, she must feel fed up after such a long wait! What with baby cows, bunnies, lambs and now birds it's a wonderful time of year and I celebrate nature's amazing ability to restore and regenerate. Couldn't we humans learn a thing or two? Any diamonds Brady might come upon would probably be picked up and thrown in the long grass because he's a bit of a tyke!!

Lin ~ Hopefully those storms have moved on and you can enjoy a peaceful contemplation. <3

Patsy ~ So much for the best laid plans but never mind, I'm thinking you will so enjoy the company of your son the extras will be dealt with in good humour!

To everyone I wish a peaceful and loving time this Easter whether with family, friends, pets or all together. <3

Jackie
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    AND DITTO FROM ME this blessed season. ANNE with love.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Saturday! :) April has finally had her baby. My friend called me at 6:20 this morning to let me know a hoof was out! It was about two hours later when she finally dropped the calf. So gross but so cute!! I will definitely need a nap today but I also have to go to the store for the fruit and dessert I am bringing tomorrow. So tired!!

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Happy Easter everyone.

I'm cleaning house as everyone is coming for a ham dinner tomorrow. It will be nice to have everyone here but tiring.

Ed is off with a friend going to the gun show which ironically is right next to the women's show. I think it is set up like that so the ladies go one place and the men, the other. I would have, but I have quite a bit to do.

Have a wonderful Easter to all those who celebrate it.

Cheers
    'Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    I love to see wishes for a peaceful time. Amen.
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    I love to see wishes for a peaceful time. Amen.
    <3 Buzz

Amen.

I will be praying for that.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    2120651ug6q6ogppn.gif
  • delraybuzz
    Off to sleep after watching April give birth to such a cutie!!! So glad for SANDY that she got her wish before Easter Sunday so she can enjoy the holiday without distraction!!!
    We will be having a beautiful fattening buffet tomorrow at noon, and then, back to behaving for me! I hope I can drop my gain fairly quickly and get on my scale without wincing again!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    edited April 2017
    2115505wzo90vh5d1.gif
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    dbupu2c0js62.jpg

To all of my Sneakers friends.
    Jackie

• pinkperil
    The sun is shining and I've already enjoyed a delightful stroll across the fields with George bouncing his way over the long grass. The Bluebells in the wood are bobbing their happy heads and on the road verges the scent of wild garlic makes me feel hungry even though it's early!! On top of all that April has produced.... finally!

Yesterday afternoon was spent emptying my wardrobe in order to move it across the landing to the spare room, a task that took a lot longer than envisaged because it entailed taking off the bedroom door and then one on the wardrobe so I could get a better grip. A plan to finish by 5pm and enjoy a cup of tea went to pot as I ended up finally rehanging clothes at 7pm!! A cold chicken and coleslaw salad was all I could manage before finding myself engrossed in a movie called The Book Thief. Well worth a look if anyone sees it showing on tv.

I must now get upstairs to make tidy the mess created yesterday but did want to post this picture that I've entitled The Sneakers Dance for Joy!!
    1hulkir10nga.jpg

<3 Jackie
  • Sandydur