Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERI, AND MANY, MANY MORE.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Jeri,

855333uf4pga48qo.gif
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Jeri

efgen3jutst8.gif

Hugs ~ Jackie

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Jeri, Haaaaaaaapppppy Brrrrrrrrirthdaaaay to yooooou! Happy birthday dear Jeri, happy birthday to you! And many more...and a pinch to grow an inch. (Remember that and the birthday swats on the behind for every year you are old). I wonder how that got started?
    All my best wishes
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Never ever ever need anything near a Holiday. I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon to have the screw removed from my rear driver's side tire. Meanwhile, they put a bit of extra air in it. Ok, I guess that should work. They didn't have enough people working today to add an appointment.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    J E R I, <3<3<3
    lmdbfam27c3g.jpg

and many more healthy ones, dear friend!
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. What a great bunch of birthday wishes.

I had a great day. Went with our daughter and her 2 boys to the Tyrrell Dinosaur Museum. So much fun. It's a world class facility. The boys are so much fun and we enjoyed the day so much.

• delraybuzz
    Options
    To EVERYBODY <3B)o:)
    s54ih6shs81i.gif

Enjoy the Holiday with those you love......or at least like a lot! :D
    I'm cutting up a bunch of mangoes someone was kind enough to give me! These are the ugliest mangoes I've ever seen, full of bruises, but they taste like manna from Heaven, so I'll bring some to the buffet tomorrow to share with my table of friends.
    Went on the bus to shop today, since I needed milk. Does anyone else go for 1 or 2 items and end up with $73 worth of stuff? I tell myself to limit my purchases, and then I see my yogurt is buy one get one free this week, and so is my no salt added cottage cheese! Also a nice multi grain bread and the grated cheese I use in my scrambled eggs! Oops, I almost forgot the milk! I asked the wrapper to consolidate the purchases into 4 bags, please, so our bus driver can handle it. He has a huge smile no matter what hits him! And he was the one who ended up repackaging several of my bags into just 4! The policy here is no tipping! Anyone who accepts anything is fired on the spot! we do give a handsome gift
    once a year at Christmas time, but the service I received today was above and beyond, I made sure he knew how much I appreciated him. But as I'm typing, I see about an inch of "d"s appearing, so I think it means I'd better log off!
    <3 Buzz
    ...................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.........................
  • jacean2017
    Options
    HAPPY 4th JULY. Don't get your hair singed with all the fireworks!
    I think we saw the last of ours last night!
    I'm going to garden this morning early while it's still cool!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    t1dyqcap7z31.gif

Have a brilliant day my friends in the US of A!!

Like Anne I'm out into my garden before the last yoga class until Autumn followed by an evening pub meal.... yummy!

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    qzxgimp4ad0u.png
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.

Off to a doctors appt this morning and hopefully we can get away camping this afternoon. If not, we'll head out tomorrow. Determined to get put camping as much as we can before we have to leave for Washington and then to Nova Scotia.

The province has changed the policy on our favorite campground. All the sites can be reserved starting in March. Which means our favorite campground is basically all reserved already. Darn. We didn't know that and we were obviously very lucky to get a couple of spots last weekend.

Where we are going this time only has power, no water. Oh well, that will be fine but it means we have to fill up before we get to the site.

Have a great day, not sure if it even has cell phone coverage.

Celebrate!!!!

Jeri
  • jacean2017
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Back inside two and a half hours later. Weeding, watering and cutting back done in the early morning shade. Now I'm exhausted and Jilly is zooming around the house at top speed, ah youth! She had a lovely early morning yap at all the early morning dogs going for walkies before their humans set off for work to keep them in biscuits and rabies shots.

Michael had an early morning fire drill at his condo after all the tragedies. However hardly anyone attended because it was announced over the speakers by the fire testing chap in a language no one understood. Neither English or French. I have enough trouble improving my French from 7 year old Nicolas without adding any more languages to my brain!
    Anne.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July! Today the lessons from the past keep swirling around in my brain. I listened to a couple of interesting speeches on BBC and NPR as I fiddled around in the dungeon. We had a leak in our main water line and involved a plumber and now John is cleaning up after the plumber had to dig down to the entry point. Now some repair by John to the insulation of the pipe and putting the dirt back in the flower bed near the calla lillies. Oh happy 4th of July. The joys of an older house...

We aren't having any guests for the celebration tonight. We will be forced to enjoy all the neighbors fireworks. Actually they are pretty considerate. Nothing much after midnight. Katie isn't bothered by thunder or fireworks like our old MoMo. Thank goodness.

Gotta go!
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Totally worn out. Really surprised today that the little 4th of July party was a party for over 50 people. Very interesting. Some chaos. Watching the kids dive and play in the pool was fantastic. One little guy could do front and rear somersaults off the diving board!!!

I hope everyone had a good day.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I devoured 2 (two) delicious hot dogs, and everyone loved my mangoes! Now my legs are really twitching so I have to get up and move around! I sent an email to SANDY to find out how to add the perfect answer to knee problems or Restless Leg Syndrome,...I was in stitches, but all it said was
    Knee exercise (1).mp4 (2.72 MB)
    there was a little box in front of it and when I clicked on it, it said something about microsoft store???
    <3 Buzz

.................”always believe something wonderful is about to happen”............................
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Very busy day in the garden, so Jill and I were most surprised when Mark and Mary Jo showed up with a huge piece of chocolate cake. We were just winding down and thinking pj's. Big game of fetch the ball in the garden, so much for winding down! The mosquitoes finally drove us in. Mark goes for his ultra sound tomorrow for "multiple kidney stones". He and family, all of them, fly to Portugal on Saturday for 12 days armed with antibiotics. Naturally, I shall be worried, not just about the stones but also about the arsonists setting the fires and the huge arsenal of weapons stolen from an army base and which has got Europe and particularly Spain worried. Well as the poet said "youth must have its fling, and every dog must have it's day".
    And it's time for bed for this old dog and one young dog,
    Nightie night,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    From Buzz!

My doctor had me on Glucosamine Sulphate and exercising five days a week, but my knees were still getting stiff. So I sought out a Natural Therapies Practitioner in Orlando and this is what he's got me doing now.

Give yourself a few weeks. You'll get the hang of it, no sweat!

https://youtu.be/MCPgo0MdIpg
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Oh BUZZ, thanks for the laugh at 5:45am,
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Summer has returned so George and I enjoyed a lovely stroll across the fields to the dogs' favourite river where they splashed while the humans chatted and caught up on news since we hadn't walked together for a couple of days. Last night's pub meal after the yoga class was disappointing as it seems relatively new owners have changed the chef so I left feeling I could have done much better myself!

Buzz ~ That video is hilarious and if it wasn't for the fella behind the dancer I would have assumed it was speeded up!! Ha, hotdogs and I'm thinking you might feel as I did when a few weeks ago I bought 2 large sausage rolls while out and about which I devoured sitting in my car and the pleasure overtook any sense of guilt!!

Anne ~ You're a mum so of course you will worry about a trip to Portugal as well as Mark's kidney stones which do seem to have been with him too long now. That country does seem to suffer forest fires every summer now as temperatures rise and idiots set out to cause damage but I'm sure he and MJ will be sensible and stay out of areas at risk. The other business is another aspect of what we live with in Europe after a lifetime of the IRA and then there was Baader Meinhof in Germany in the 70's (remember them?) so we sigh, say here we go again and get on with our lives! From my garden I have 5 containers of weeds and cuttings to be disposed of plus a special plastic sheet that I collect even more on then fold the corners and carry out but guess what, I see little change in the garden!! When the surveyor visited on Monday he wandered round the garden for a while much to my surprise, was interested in the bees and hens but didn't mention the wild jungle at the very bottom so I did saying that's work in progress!!

Patsy ~ A friend recently had a similar plumbing problem just beyond any fixtures the water company would have been responsible for and we said at the time older properties and leaks go hand in hand!

Jeri ~ Happy camping wherever you end up!

Now I must do some grocery shopping before getting on with more gardening because we are threatened with thunder storms tomorrow although the forecasts do seem to be saying they might be coming in from the Continent further east than Cornwall..... fingers crossed.

Jackie