Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Phoebe - Your new doggy is so cute. I am sure you will enjoy her.
    Marie - Great saying and words to live by. Everyday is a gift.
    Buzz- Interesting success story and I hope we can do the same here
    and try some of her tips.

Morning,

Dinner last night was good but too high in calories it was Mexican. Our friends took us downtown and we saw the new ice arena and the skating pond. The wind was so strong we were freezing walking to the German restaurant and found it was closed after our friends went on line and it said it was open. So that is how we ended up at the Mexican place. We ended up not going on the bikes on the pond it was just too windy.
    We went back to their place for dessert which was ice cream. So the scale was up which I suspected.

Today we will be visiting my cousin who just got home from the hospital and we also have a wake to attend. A neighbor on our street passed away and he is also a town council member who just got reelected. So we will pay our respects.

Enjoy your day and hope everyone is ready for the New Year and the new you.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    phoebe. what a nice gifts you have getting honey. you will have to tell us how the kitties takes to her. I am sure she will be a working dog in the truck. Take care of that little senior sneaker.luv you marie
    here is a quote I found this morning

Treasure Every Moment that you have, Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift
    That's why It's called the Present!!
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday!! My cousin is leaving today, I will be taking her to the airport around noon. We both feel fine today, I think it was just the dry heat that gave us those scratchy throats. And I think she didn't want to admit she is still tired from the chemo and preferred just staying home, which I was thrilled to do. I made a great meatloaf for her final dinner here and now I have so many leftovers and extra food in my frig I am not sure what to do.
    I am going to get serious with my logging and exercise but will probably wait until Monday to start. I know that is a bad excuse but really need to have my bike in the living room which is too heavy for me, so I have to wait for Bryanna to help me. I also think I am going to try the 30 days shred with my new knees, will let you know if I can do that or not.

Phoebe,
    il838eycib43.jpg

Have a wonderful day everyone and just to cheer you up Robby says Happy New Year!!
    q4ag3vvpz8ay.jpg

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    SANDY What a happy little baby your Robby looks. Enjoy every moment for they grow up so fast, says Anne who was looking at her gorgeous 22 yr old grandson last night and finding it hard to believe we used to play choo choo trains!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    Options
    Oh Phoebe - how wonderful. It feels so good to do what you feel you are being led to do. God bless you and little Honey. What a good home she'll have. (smiles)

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Little Robby is go cute I just laughed at his little leggings.
    :D

Our future little one got two toys from our friend who works at Fisher Price toys.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Phoebe~ Honey looks as if she has a smile because she knows you're on your way to collect her and who can blame her. We know how wonderful seniors are too and she'll love you for giving her a chance to experience a loving home. Whatever moved you to take her on was obviously meant and I'm sure you'll get your reward with lots of wet kisses!! Can't wait to see photos of her in happier times. You're an angel. <3

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    I'm chortling at the picture of darling little Robby. So cute!! :D

Lin
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Thinking of you and Honey this weekend Phoebe. Like I said on golden years, thank the Lord for all the (abused animal) rescuers. Keep us up to date after her arrival home. Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWJAfj52ZI4&amp;feature=youtu.be

Here's a video of George burying a stone he picked up from the footpath on his way home from a walk this week. We go through the same procedure every day and I just have to remember it's under the rug when I kneel to set the fire.... ouch!

Jackie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Jackie! George is one lucky and very interesting little doggie. Pretty little chap too. Thanks for the video, loved it, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Jackie how did you get this video on our site.. Did not know we could do that. George is such a cutie. Sandy we need lessons
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh Jackie - I am still laughing. What a wonderful game!! Well managed Mr. George. ;)
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Bless you all for feeling such love for living beings! You are making lives tolerable and loving!
    My "cold" is yech! Really hurts the ribs every time I cough! Maybe I can sleep through it!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    Options
    Poor Buzz! <3 Nyquil????? Gosh I hope you are on the mend soon. o:)

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    George is adorable!! <3 I think Jackie posted to you tube first and then put the link on here Marie. She owes us an explanation. B)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    God bless everyone who adopts a dog. They so need a loving home.

Prayers needed please. My son-in-law's grandmother fell down her basement steps today. Just received a call from a very upset daughter that the grandmother has died.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Oh Jackie, that is funny! Only Georgie knows why he does it, so funny. He is adorable.
    Sandy, I love seeing Robby smiling, and the leggings! Priceless ♥♥♥
    Buzz, it Hurts to cough? Are you going to the doctor? Does the dr know about this development? Are you afraid they might hospitalize you? Pain when coughing is Not an over the counter medication type of sickness! Love you ♥♥♥
    Home from the viewing, crowded, we're tired.
    Rainy days here, but better than snowy icy roads Anyday!
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Buzz - I really feel for you, I had exactly the same symptoms you are suffering. I've still got the remnants 14 days later. It's one awful virus.
    Swissmiss - that's very bad news, coming at the start of a brand new year. Very sorry.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    <3 Phoebe, congrats to you and Honey...you will have a great life together

<3 Jackie, thank for the darling video of George

smiley-sleep012.gifI'm getting ready to take a shower and go to bed early so we can get up early enough to leave the house at 5 AM to head off to the other side of the Puget Sound for an all day meeting....any trip that includes a ferry ride is a great trip.

<3 Barbie