Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    She is a sweet pea! A big one! Lol another golden sneakers member?
    ill post pics later, falling asleep

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Can hardly wait < Phoebe
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Oh PHOEBE, I guess you mean Honey is home with you? Lovely.
    BUZZ, it took 15 days for my nasal drip to finally dry out and the coughing to stop. Hope you get better sooner. Horrid thing, this virus.
    MARIE, good morning.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to everyone. Just back from a long walk across the moors in cool but dry weather. George jumped into every available muddy puddle so now he's finished his lunch I'm planning to get him into the shower! Marie Sandy was right about the video of George with his stone. I loaded it up (or down, I never remember!) to You Tube and then posted the link. When I left a link for the Downton/George Clooney clip I noticed I could see the video on this page so assumed you'd be able to as well. Yesterday afternoon when I lit the fire I discovered 3 stones under the rug but managed to avoid kneeling on them.

Short and sweet today as I've lots to be getting on with but want to say Lin gorgious tulips and a reminder Spring isn't too far away. Good to see Buzz is on the mend.... take care. Already lost 2 of those 6 lbs I gained so feeling more positive and am going to only have cottage cheese, prawns and celery for lunch. Nothing naughty left in the cupboards so if I get peckish it will be an apple or few grapes!!

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jackie you are so smart. George and his stones. You mean by stones ROCKS Wonder why he is hiding them.
    I know nothing about you tube only looking up quilt projects Would have no ideal how to get a picture on there.

Good morning Anne.

Hugs Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    JACKIE George is one sweet little dog and I don't want to be an old misery, but are the stones large enough that he can't swalliw one? I just wonder if it might be safer for him to "find" a rubber bone on his walks to bring home and bury. Dogs love to bury bones, future food supply. Forgive me if I am an interfering old biddy, but it would be easier on your knees too, and he's such a dear little dog. Anne.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    <3 Jeri...lovely family and so many children. Love it.
    <3 Buzz...you are doing great answering all the posts. I could never do what you are doing.
    <3 I didn't think of George swallowing those stones. I guess that is a possibility. Rubber bone sounds like a great idea.

My oldest child turns 46 today. Wow, do I ever feel old.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Becky - (swissmiss?) Swallowing stones, what gave me this idea was a friend who had a lab puppy who one day yelped and yelped and finally passed one of those jagged metal bottle tops! Can you imagine how the poor thing felt! Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy for the info on tickers. I will try and use your info and get my ticker back on posts.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I did the instructions from Sandy, let's see if it worked.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Shirley bob on the golden years gave us instructions on getting our ticker on our posting. it did not work for me or for Barbie and I notice his does not show up every time. so he much be using the copy and paste method. It must not be automatic This is the copy and paste method Barbie copy hers to her word pad I copy mine directly on my post if anyone know how to get it back to the old way please let us know.

111467.png

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    Options
    Hello, something not related to MFP or anything at all EXCEPT I ran across this list today about getting rid of stuff and I thought I'd share it. As you know I like to have lots of stuff and this may explain part of WHY I do. Haaaa. And I think it's a family issue---my parents and grandparents always kept most old buttons (that was my task as a child, remove the buttons before cutting rags), decent old wrapping paper et al, all old towels and sheets (because they could be drop cloths or used for a pet or something), all old cords and the like (because you might use them for something else)..........oh my.

List of Things to Throw Away
    Here's a list of 116 types of items that will take you about four months to dispose of:
    1. The other side of a pair of lost earrings
    2. Scraps of wrapping paper
    3. Cards people have given you with no sentimental value
    4. Receipts you don't need
    5. Ticket stubs
    6. Socks with holes
    7. Old t-shirts
    8. Leftover change
    9. Dried flowers
    10. Magazines
    11. CDs
    12. Hair elastics that have lost stretchiness
    13. Hair accessories you don't use
    14. Shoes that don't fit or that you don't wear
    15. Extra photo prints
    16. Little knickknacks (designate a bowl and fill it)
    17. Kitchen things you don't use
    18. Cooking utensils you have two of
    19. Tired bras
    20. Scarves you never wear
    21. Clothes that don't fit
    22. Gifts you don't like
    23. Old towels
    24. Old makeup
    25. Old toiletries
    26. Old or unused hangers
    27. Expired or sample-sized toiletries
    28. Extra buttons
    29. Expired sauces
    30. Toys your pets don't play with
    31. Expired medication
    32. Dried-up nail polish
    33. Bills you don't need to keep
    34. Expired coupons
    35. Old paperwork
    36. DVDs you don't watch
    37. Snacks your pets don't eat
    38. Damaged clothing you can't mend
    39. Stained clothing you can't clean
    40. Old prom dresses
    41. Scratched nonstick cookware
    42. Old underwear or swimwear that's losing its stretch
    43. Outdated electronics
    44. Rusty jewelry
    45. Stockings with runs
    46. Pens that don't work
    47. Clothing you've outgrown
    48. Necklaces and bracelets with broken clasps
    49. Cables and wires you don't use
    50. Worn-out sheets and bedding
    51. Empty or near-empty bottles of cleaning products
    52. Old mending buttons for clothing you no longer have
    53. Worn-out bath mats
    54. Broken electronics
    55. Purses you never use
    56. Flatware, plates, and glasses that don't match the rest of your collection, plus dingy children's plates you no longer use
    57. Old pillows
    58. Worn-out shoes
    59. Wedding invites
    60. Save-the-dates
    61. Wedding favors you don't use
    62. Old wallets that you don't use
    63. Broken kitchen equipment
    64. Spare furniture parts you don't need
    65. Furniture manuals
    66. Boxes
    67. Unused vases
    68. Extra tupperware you don't need
    69. Old mail
    70. Junk mail
    71. Travel brochures
    72. Bobby pins
    73. Old crayons or art supplies, plus markers that have run out of ink
    74. Random containers and jars
    75. Unused stationery, stickers, and sticky notes
    76. Ripped denim
    77. Old artwork or old children's artwork
    78. Used and ripped envelopes
    79. Broken or old iPhone cases
    80. Old unused batteries
    81. Extra and unused coffee mugs
    82. Old spices
    83. Address labels for your old house
    84. Wrinkled ribbon and bows for gift wrap
    85. Cards or gifts from exes
    86. Frequent shopper cards you never use
    87. Matchbooks
    88. Old shopping bags
    89. Old calendars
    90. Old folders
    91. Magnets
    92. Clothes that are outdated or from college
    93. Broken Christmas decorations
    94. Christmas lights that don't work
    95. Frayed towels
    96. Expired food
    97. Computer cords, firewire cord, etc. that you don't use
    98. Old and outdated software
    99. CDs for old computer programs
    100. Old cell phones
    101. Hand-me-downs that you're guilt-tripped into keeping
    102. Freebie or promotional t-shirts you never wear
    103. Old fortune cookie fortunes
    104. Old bank statements
    105. Old planners
    106. Delete email subscriptions from sites
    107. Delete emails you don't need
    108. Delete unwanted music from your iTunes
    109. Extra buttons that come with newly purchased clothes
    110. Games that are missing pieces
    111. Old schoolbooks you'll never use again
    112. Papers you have backed up on the computer
    113. Books you've already read and don't want to display
    114. Cell phone covers you're over
    115. Old manuals to electronics
    116. Cell phone accessories you don't use anymore

I'm not guilty of hanging on in all categories.....honest!

Lin
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    I've got the opposite problem, my kids get mad with me because I throw everything out. It's the old secretary in me coming out I guess.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :D We got some snow last night and with the sleeting rain it could be slippery out there so I am still deciding on Church today. We are supposed to get another 5 or 6 inches tomorrow, just in time for Lisa to go back to work. Why do I live here??? Babe is miserable with his son and asked today how can you not like your own son?? I had no answer for him. B) My daughter gave me all the DVD's I wanted and gave me the incentive to continue with the transferring of VHS to DVD. That is what I will be doing today in the inclement weather. B)
    My cleaning girl helped me move my bike so I did ride it for an hour last night and it felt great. I also did about 25 sit ups and about 15 seconds of a plank, which was exhausting.

I am wrong on the ticker and Shirley is right. The ticker only shows up on our profile now, it used to be under our posts with the old format but not anymore. So don't think you are doing anything wrong because the teacher made a mistake. :p

Phoebe, saw Honey's picture on Facebook and she is a beauty. Don't be offended but I think she needs to join us here at MFP and lose a few pounds. :D I know you are a great mom and she is so lucky to have you in her life. <3

Anne, your concern is correct but these pups pick up things without our seeing them while walking, at least Daisy does. Maybe Jackie can try to take a rubber bone with her on the walk if George would hold it in his mouth. :p

Becky, nothing like our children having birthdays to make us feel even older than we are. My oldest is 51 and since I am only in my 50's I am not sure how that happened. ( I wish)
    Still praying for your family that all goes well at the service.

Barbie, no worries about any holiday gain for you, I wish I could be that disciplined but alas I am not. Funny slip up with walking the dogs on the fairy. :D

Buzz, I do hope you are on the mend and can start enjoying all those activities. I have to admit I do miss watching little Robby even though I have to be up at the crack of dawn.
    He keeps me young and active and can hardly wait until I can walk him outside and take him to the pool. <3

Lin, feel better, it has been an awful winter so far with all this nasty flu going around. :p
    I am guilty of keeping cards and when I moved here I finally threw them all out except for the ones Babe gave me. :D

I am going to see if I copy the code if my ticker will show up at the end of my post. This would have to be done manually though and a pain in the neck. Ok, I did it with copy and paste as Marie explained but had to open a second window to get the code. Saving it would be easier.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

126916.png
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks Lin I seen dozens of things I need to get rid of . better make me a copy so I can diluter around here.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandy I say if anyone is interesting my ticker they just have to go to my profile. I guess that is the end of that.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Sandy - re rubber bone, I was thinking Jackie could furtively hide one whilst George is distracted and then HE could find it. Honest, what we do for kids and our pets!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    Options
    Sinuses still hurting. No whole house humidifier here so I have a kettle of water simmering on the stove. Hope nothing more comes along. Seems a huge wave of flu has hit people at church. Glad I didn't try to go today!!!!

Later. So does the new Downton Abbey start tonight in the U.S.? I've lost track.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    Yes Lin, Downton Abbey starts tonight.