Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Please all my dear Sneakers, I just posted that list as something interesting I had read, it's not my personal action plan.
    Lin in Snowy Central Iowa
    LIN, I think we all realized it was not meticulous you, but a hysterical list we probably identify with no matter how often we clear through our collections!
    Back again and wishing my cough would disappear! I still feel I might be contagious so limit myself to my own area! Until what I expectorate is clear, I'll keep to myself! Too many fragile immune systems surround us!
    Just read something about not all generic meds being equal, so I'm about to find the authorized generic for my restless legs medication! It just does not work as well as the original and I now have augmentation, meaning it begins earlier and in arms as well as legs.
    For all my friends in the snow belt, be safe, stay in if possible, so you are not part of a statistic! Florida's southern section is 82 degrees right now, too warm for January!
    PHOEBE, you are truly the savior of your sweet Honey. So sad how mistreated animals can be!
    <3 Buzz

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! It is 8 degrees and getting colder. I have a meeting tonight and really am not looking forward to going out in the cold. Robby is napping, but for how long I do not know. Yesterday was perfect with a three hour nap in the morning and a two hour nap in the afternoon. Today shorter naps more often, but he is good when up so it is fine. Two days is perfect for me but that will only be until January 28.

Becky, once they changed the new format the ticker does not appear on our posts. The new format is not the best but I guess we have no choice.

I am going to see if I can sneak in a small nap before Robby wakes up or his mother comes, whichever is first.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi, I have two important things to get done on my computer, but not as important as stopping by the Sneakers to say hi!
    I agree with all of you on vaseline. I do buy something called Un petrolatum jelly, or that is sort of the name. It does not contain petroleum, all natural ingredients like jojoba oil, etc.
    I don't know if it is as good, but it certainly is just as slippery!!
    Got my haircut today and it is too short, but since it grows like weeds, I'm not worried.
    Honey is at the vet. I am waiting for them to call me with results from xrays and an ultrasound of her liver. I am prepared for whatever way it goes, so don't be concerned about me or her. She has had a happy face the last couple of days. She learns very fast, she did Not want to go potty this morning, too cold out there, I guess she wanted to hold it, lol!!

Please be safe and warm, some really nasty temperatures on the news reports.

Love you all

Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Phoebe - Honey is so cute and she has a wonderful home now. Good luck on her tests.

Lin - Stay warm, we had snow today too and tomorrow will be even colder. Brrrr!
    We just received two containers of tea from our friends and I will start drinking it in the afternoon. I still like my coffee. Dave only drinks green tea and we have so much tea to use up.

Becky - My gloves are on the way and I will let you know the details when they arrive.

Buzz - 82 F you lucky girl!

A busy day for me and still catching up from the holidays. Izzy is back with his mom now and all cat things are put away. Going to visit my cousin tonight and see how he is doing.

Time to start dinner.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

17F and snow

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Phoebe we are going to get down to 19 tonight. That's cold for me. Dry though I sure am getting to wear lots of sweatshirts., how much longer will you be home? Honey that's What I called Jerry. sometimes. Went grocer shopping this morning. Shopping for my 1-1-1 food. tomorrow is my sew days. got some free designs off of the internet I want to try out. Honey remind me of Sammy. Big pot belly.. Alice has a sweet doggie.Thanksgiving She stay in her cage while we had Dinner and never a whimper out of her She will not go out during the day for Jim, t but wait on Alice to get home Then she is really ready to go out.
    But does sit in the chair with Jim during the day.has honey learn the kitty doors yet

Stay warm
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    Cold, colder, coldest. Many school districts are calling off school for tomorrow ALREADY! Evening activities for tonight cancelled. They are saying to stay home unless you really *have* to go out. I don't know what the temps are supposed to be up where my dad's at but our wind chills tomorrow aren't expected to get ABOVE 30 below. How about you Sandy? I need to go to the bank but it will just have to wait. Sure am glad I got groceries.

Handyman was here today and now I have a window cling film on my octagon window by my front door hat makes it look like I have a stained glass window. It was a pre-cut that I purchased but it needed some expert trimming. They did pretty good with it. Even they said they are not going out to do any jobs tomorrow.

Well, I guess I'd better suit up and try to get to the mailbox. Brrrrrrr.

See you later. Keep wearing those sweatshirts Marie! Look forward to hearing about those gloves Shirley. Is it this cold up your way Anne? Buzz, your weather of course sounds like fiction to my frozen brain! Fingers crossed for dear Honey my friend.........lots of new things on Acorn for January. If you get time to watch that new Martin Clune thing, I thought it was enjoyable---I forget the name----The Man Who Lost His Head (maybe?) Oh and the newest episode of Downton Abbey is on the PBS web site right now.

Lin
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Oh yes Lin, it's very cold. I bundled up to take a short walk this pm and it was -14 C with a wind chill factor of -26 C. Tomorrow, daytime, it's -16 C, same wind chill. The grapes are being harvested to make this year's ice wine. There's a rush on apparently because the temperature has to be just right and tomorrow's too cold.
    It said on the news that sadly two men have died on the streets of Toronto. That's a terrible thing and more shelters are being opened tonight for the homeless. Meanwhile, we live in hope that our furnaces don't break down. I had mine serviced in November. Keep toasty, Anne up north.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    <3 Phoebe...you need to post a picture of you hair cut.

<3 BlueHarebell...there is a winery not too far from me that will at times make ice wine. I have never tried it because they charge so much for it.

<3 Lin...after reading about your weather I know that I have nothing to complain about. We are expecting some rather cold temps on Thursday. In the single digits all day.

<3 Marie...try to keep warm.

I need to go back and find the list that is being spoken of.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    We now have a second death. My niece's grandmother passed away yesterday. That is two grandmothers in three days.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Swissmiss Becky? That is the most terrible news. Your poor family, Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh Becky.........hugs for everyone. What a trying time. I am so sorry.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky I don't think I want to be a grandma. So sorry for your family.
    Marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lin how come you let it get so cold up there and sending. it down our way.
    and I have to get up early in the morning of 19 degrees cold to go get blood work done.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    I know you know it Anne, but we are F not C. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

Marie, I have control over NOTHING at all..........ha. Sorry you have to go out tomorrow. Can you reschedule for next week? Maybe it will be better then.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hi Lin, I'm not very good at conversion but is -16 Centigrade, here in Canada, 3.2 Fahrenheit in the USA? It seems very low, 3.2F. Never was very good at maths, but I would be interested in the correct answer. Anne
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    possum wants to be held, my arm is tired. one or two fingers typing. Honey is on antibiotics for 10-14 days. then we recheck and go from there. i am cool, not cold, soo much better than so many of you! still working on my computer projects so I better get going.

Oh Marie, I heard on the news you had earthquakes around Dallas, wow

Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Anne, you are correct, it becomes 3.2 F degrees and I have never see Fahrenheit displayed that way! But it sure sounds BRRrrrrrrrrr!
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Becky, so sorry for all of this that you and your family are enduring. This has been the worst few months for deaths.. don't know what to think.

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yes phoebe, They are all over by Alice way. I think they are getting a little concern now.There city.Well mesquite has not gone into paying for their plastic bags yet. But they will since Dallas did.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi Lin, I'm not very good at conversion but is -16 Centigrade, here in Canada, 3.2 Fahrenheit in the USA? It seems very low, 3.2F. Never was very good at maths, but I would be interested in the correct answer. Anne

An online converter shows -16 C = 3 F

I would be pleased to get back up to 3 degrees.

Lin