Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Becky - so sorry

Question for everyone. How do you find a message board you've posted in easily? They've changed things and I don't always remember the name of the board? Ideas?

Jeri
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,186 Member
    Options
    I click on the star for the thread. It turns yellow and it appears in my notifications. Anyone else??
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Morning all, I won't say good!!!! Cold up here with snow, and earthquakes in Dallas!
    LIN - freezing.
    MARIE are you still going for your check up, take care if you are.
    BECKY - with all the heartache in your poor family.
    I was happy with Fahrenheit in the UK BUZZ, but have lost the sense of it now.
    Somehow -16C seems warmer than 3 Fahrenheit!
    What's your temp. today LIN without the wind chill? I'll have fun converting even if you don't like living in it. Hope you stay safe at home.
    At least Honey is on antibiotics and with you PHOEBE.
    Well it's time at 6 am to make a nice hot cup of Earl Grey and consume my cornflakes and listen to the news. I didn't know about the earthquake.
    Anne.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    P.S. -18 centigrade today, - 30 C with the wind chill. Poor birds!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers
    Weather report . it did not get as cold as they said it would get. 35F but into the teens tonight.

I should not have got up so early this morning for no coffee and no breakfast till after lab work. But about time to get in shower no and then time to go. for 8:15 appointment
    And jerry will be up.

phoebe tell Honey good morning for me. Hope she is adjusting well in her new forever home.

I am so anxious to et my fit bit sett up. My grandson was by yesterday and started to get him to set it up But decided to wait for Alice to-do it.
    have a great day.
    hugs Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    I keep saying centigrade, I'm getting addled. It's CELSIUS.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Its okay Anne, you're in the right place because no one noticed, lol
  • linder4866
    Options
    True!! We are all okay!!

It is -4 F here right now without wind chill. Don't know what the low was. Don't want to know. And thanks Phoebe. I ordered some of the Alba Un Petroleum Jelly.

Later.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Goodness me, miss a day and find I have to read about 60 messages to get back up to date! Yesterday was busy for me because after a morning swim I took George to a dog boarder who has a licence to work in her own home and the plan was to leave him overnight to see how he gets on there but unfortunately a King Charles Spaniel she was looking after became jealous and barked in George's face within an inch for 10 minutes until he got fed up with it and curled his lip so the decision was made.... he couldn't stay! I was relieved because I was already thinking this isn't working. The lady gave me a contact even closer to home who does the same business so I popped in with George later and what a difference, a calm home in spite of 2 labradors and a spaniel and a lovely family environment so I'm sure, although he was nervous, he'll be fine. He's going to spend Friday with them so they can see what he's like and visa versus before I go away for a week at the end of this month.

The vaseline debate was interesting but my only contribution is that I smear it on my hens' legs if they suffer with cracked legs that mites can burrow into... it works!

As for earthquakes near Dallas, it might be the fracking that's going on because a couple of years ago an area of Italy had a similar problem after starting to drill.... just a thought!

Anne ~ Are you near Niagara and their wine district?

Phoebe ~ Honey is just that, a honey! Thank goodness her test results weren't anything more than you anticipated so hopefully it's onwards and upwards for her. I have the same problem with George eating cat biscuits when his own are there in his bowl. He knows he shouldn't but gets sneaky!! One of the reasons I gave up on Downton's last series was because I fell asleep halfway through each episode as it's just far too slow for me. It was more fun when Thomas was misbehaving!!

Lin ~ Brrr, thank goodness you did your shopping, now stay home and keep safe and warm.

Time to get on with some housework before setting off for the late afternoon walk with George and then settling down in front of the fire. It's 8c outside but could be up to 13c by Friday.

Hello to all those I missed.
    Jackie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

All the talk about ice wine. I had some once and never tried it, it was homemade. It's too sweet for me. Yes it is very expensive. It's very popular with Asian people.

It's 9F here today and feels lower. I still use fahrenheit even though I should use celsius. Old school. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.

Jackie - Sorry about George and the spaniel, wasn't meant to be. Some dogs just don't like each other no matter the breed.

Becky - Sorry for your family's loss, that's too close for comfort.

Jeri - When you get to your message board turn on the star to yellow and it will save for future use. Then when you go to the star in the corner of your page all your yellow stars will show up.
    All your topics will be there.

I went to visit my cousin last night and his diagnosis has become worse. He is starting radiation today.

Going to get on my bike, my back is still spasming so just put on
    Bio Freeze, my new go to. No DVD today and then finishing up my cleaning from the holidays.

Enjoy the day. Keep warm my Northern friends.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada (where it is freezing)
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Freezing Wednesday!! It is freezing here with zero temps going downward, should be minus 9 tonight with wind chills of minus 30. Not quite as bad as Lin but still cold. Over a thousand schools are closed including Lisa's which is good so Robby doesn't not have to go outside. I myself, have a mammogram this afternoon but luckily I have a starter for my car to get it warm before driving.
    Babe's surgery is scheduled for a week from today but he thinks because of all of the drama he is going to cancel. Things are going from bad to worse and although Babe has no control he still worries and gets himself upset. Not sure where this will all end up but it doesn't look good.

Becky, I am so sorry about both grandmothers, no matter how old it is always so hard to lose those we love. Prayers for you and yours. :'(

Phoebe, I have said this before and I will say it again, you are one terrific lady. Adopting Honey with all her health problems is just wonderful. You are giving her love which she has needed and no matter what happens you can feel so good about making her happy. Not many people would take a sick animal, just those who love God's creatures and are willing to help, a person just like you. <3 Thank you.

Anne, you are in frigid weather as well. Although I grew up in Chicago and know our winters can be brutal I think as a kid you don't realize how cold it is. It does make me laugh though when the weathermen/ladies make it sound so horrible. Common sense is a big factor when it comes to winter, but staying in is the best. I do feel for the homeless and glad they have shelters for them.

Counting down to our cruise, I just can't wait!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    I think I'm going to join you SHIRLEY and go back to Fahrenheit, all this Celsius stuff is so confusing. I've never tried ice wine either, but I am allergic to all wines except Bristol cream sherry.
    Yes, JACKIE I am pretty close to Niagara. I believe Shirley mentioned somewhere she is too, so we could be neighbours, wouldn't that be something! I had a lovely hedge of dessert grapes once, but the waste land next door was bought up by people who built a house on it, and destroyed my hedge in the process. Such a shame but like Celsius it's called progress I guess.
    So Sorry about your cousin Shirley. Terrible disease.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I missed the last page when I posted but it seems we are all freezing. Jackie, I am glad you found a nice place to board George, the other spaniel didn't sound friendly. Shirley, sorry about your cousin and will pray for him. Jeri, under message boards go to your discussions and it should show you where you posted. Then highlight like Lin explained.

Wishing you all the best day possible at least we are here to enjoy it!!!

Sandy
  • linder4866
    Options
    I've been doing little chores around the house and was just getting ready to make portobella mushroom pizzas and salad when I got a call from the Nursing Home. The nurse has called hospice. My dad has suddenly gone non-responsive, glassy-eyed, leaning over and is drooling heavily. She said they'd call me back later. This may be another of those mysterious neurological events he's had in the last few months.

So of course, I'm distracted again. Will walk around the house and make my mushroom cap creations later. I cannot travel there to visit him. Friday or Saturday may be a possibility. Meanwhile, I have enjoyed all the posts this morning.

Shirley, I keep a stock of Biofreeze. Hugs. I hope you feel better.

Marie, are you home yet?

Sandy, what I good idea to have a car starter. Excellent! I always just hope since my vehicles are in a garage that everything will be well. We've been warned to sit in our cars as they warm up. Now that is something I really do not like to do and I must say I do not know how to keep a hybrid running on the gas engine if it thinks it doesn't need to!

Jackie, I am glad you found a spot for George. That home sounds much better than the other one. How did the auction turn out? Did you get either of the items you mentioned? You had me a bit worried mentioning vaseline and hens' legs---I was thinking of my own!!!!

Anne, don't worry about it---F or C or whatever. I hope your day is a very happy one.

Buzz, I hope you are on the mend. At least you have a warmer spot to try to accomplish that. Hugs.

Becky, I just don't know what to say. I feel so bad for your family. I trust everyone is making it through. I lost my dearest sweetest Grandmother when she was 100 and I knew it was good for her to go as her suffering had increased but it hurt, I missed her so much, and I still not only think about her but she is in my dreams from time to time as my brain apparently wants to relive some very happy memories of time I spent with her as a child.

Hugs to all. Sorry for anyone and everyone I've missed!!

Lin (with a hot beverage, three layers of clothing and the furnace running all out!)
  • linder4866
    Options
    By the way, I know nothing about ice wine............should I Google it or could someone give me a quick primer?? Thanks.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh no, forgot a birthday on January 5th.......

333879cbklv38y4n.jpg

Hope you day was a good one kacierra..............

Lin
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Guess we are having a heat wave in my neck of the woods compared to some...It's 16° F and the forecast is "Expect morning temperatures between 10 and 15 and morning wind chills near 0°. By sunset, temperatures will be closer to about 0° with wind chills between -10 to -20° (below zero)." Extra comforter tonight!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi Bob!!! Welcome. B)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello Bob. What a ship you really look like a Captain of the high seas Fancy meeting you here. Welcome
    Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Bob, we are expecting a low of ten or twelve tomorrow. A heat wave compared to these brave souls. Even so, I think Gayla has the worst winter weather in Saskatchewan.
    Home from errands, more to do and all I want is a nap!
    Lin what is the name of the heel cream? What a predicament, and not knowing what his diagnosis will be. When you go, if you have to go, be safe and warm. Meanwhile, you and your dad are in my prayers.
    Sandy, glad you are trying to stay free from the quagmire. Really, the man has been pushing his luck.
    Got some delicious navel oranges at walmart.
    ohhh sooo sleepy

Phoebe