Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My busy day, but just want to say PATSY I'm so pleased your daughter is feeling a little better. As for that naughty, lovable Katie, buy Damon a butchers apron when he visits. It works for me when I sit on the floor playing with Jill. Mine's girly of course, but you could buy him a manly blue with white stripes specially for men.
    JACKIE the best of luck picking the girls up and installing them. Any names yet or are you waiting for developing personalities. I'll never forget our Monica Mary and Percy the cockerel.
    Hope SANDY is feeling better, MARIE is enjoying Missy, BUZZ has worked out the envelope printing, LIN at church and busy card making or reading her latest novel. jERI up here in Canada with her lovely brood of kiddies, and anyone else I've missed:
    HAPPY SUNDAY,
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    38gmaxnls0o5.jpg

My chooks have been collected from the farm and safely transported home. My neighbour also collected her 4 girls and we're very excited because one of mine layed an egg in the cat basket she was travelling in!! They don't look too bad condition-wise.... we have been told they were barn hens rather than battery so although intensively farmed they did have access to a bit of space. They are currently settled in the original chicken run that is within the larger one so I will leave any photos of them until tomorrow but at least so far there's been no fisty-cuffs between new and old through the wire. George on the other hand has been doing his best to get at them and is generally being an all round nuisance!! :*

Anne ~ It's hard to tell at the moment what names will suit although I think one that looks as if she has speckles of white on her back will probably be called Frosty but I'll wait to see how well their feathers settle.

Cup of tea time for me then I'll oversee them all getting into the house for the night before dark.

Jackie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    A very soggy Sunday here. All is well, I sit with large mug of hot coffee and a wet Katie at my knee. She is a morning hugger. She insists on undivided attention for at least a half hour first thing in the morning. From what our friend the vet says, these dogs are generally extremely affectionate Anahi also.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    Just a note to tell you I am still under the weather. I have been drinking lots of fluids and eating some Italian lemonade. I did have a temp of 101 but it came down. If I am not better tomorrow I will go the the doctor. I am spending a lot of time in bed, sleeping on and off.

I will be fine, just need a couple of days.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Oooooops Katie bumped my arm and I accidentally posted my reply. Plus strange words at the end. I have been thinking about thanksgiving. There is so much effort into one meal. I did love the warm glow of sitting at the table before eating and having the traditional reciting of things we were grateful for. It is generally always the same things, but very sweet and heartwarming.

I love the idea of Jackie's new pet chickens. I would love to have some as well. I fear my knee would keep me from taking proper care of them. When our son came for thanksgiving he decided to investigate a personal assistant device like Alexis or something similar for us. He wants me to be able to just call him or text immediately if in distress. It feels unnecessary. But it seems to be a comfort for our son to know that help is available quickly, like if I fall. Aging is embarrassing at times.

Our daughter is more or less confined to a comfortable chair in the living room with attached oxygen. This is very frustrating for her. We are trying to find all manner of things to distract her. It isn't easy. But we are all working on it.

John is sleeping in again. I don't mind having a coffee time with the iPad and Katie. But now I must get going, more coffee and fruit and toast for breakfast.

Stay well everyone! Maybe it will spread out and catch on.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good evening, I was at church late once again. I helped with communion prep and then cleaned up afterwards. Also conversed with several people and then spent more time talking to one of my friends whose husband passed away this year.

Since I got home, I have been working on a folded book project and the binding just split! Too many pages in this book and I have been slicing out extras but I think it was just too big for this project. I was told to bring a 300-page book when I started this project with a paper crafters group, but that was wrong. Really 150 pages might have been much better. Anyway, I will keep hammering away and try to glue it back together. We will see what happens.

I pray that everyone who is ailing or has a family member who is ill, sees improvement. I feel so bad for my dear Sneaker friends <3<3

I plan to read, check on the glue in the book and find something interesting on TV this evening.

Hugs all round.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Darn, I lost my post when I answered the phone, after putting down my thoughts on flu shots and catching germs from sweet little kids! Yes SANDY, I got my flu shot at Target, given by CVS and received a $10 gift coupon with it. The recommended the stronger shot, and I agreed as we are seeing signs it will be a busy season for flu and pneumonia. So sorry you are not well, and when I have a fever of 99.7 I feel rotten! Weak and achy from just 1 degree! So take care and don't push or get impatient and we will all send our wishes for you to feel better fast! y1mra45qif1u.png
    JACKIE, What a gorgeous egg! Sounds like a perfect reward for saving the poor hen!
    LIN, as frustrating as it is when projects don't come out as planned, think of all the ones you've made that are gorgeous! Nine out of ten is not a bad ratio!
    PATSY, Since I miss the odors of THE DINNER roasting, believe me, it is worth the hard effort to get that meal out! Just make sure you rest up following the cleanup!
    ANNE, I think my new card program is simply not compatible as the envelopes are not printing properly. Only 1/2 seems to print so I'm doing envelopes on my old program. No big deal since I design them from scratch anyway! But a nuisance...
    I promised myself I'd be in bed by midnight, and I missed, but 25 minutes is not too bad, I guess. Have a good night...
    <3 Buzz
    ............................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!.........................
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :) I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have a headache but I think my appetite is coming back. The problem is I feel not to bad during the day and then when night comes I start feeling bad. I will call the doctor and see if I can get in and if there is anything they can give me.

I don't think I will be washing clothes today but you never know. Love Jackie's egg and really love here dish. I hope all is going well with everyone and I hope to be back to my chatty self soon.

Take Care.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Hello Monday morning sneakers! It is sort of sunny but chilly. Heavy sweater days. And I need to get going on cleaning, moping the kitchen and laundry room. I am beginning my usual philosophic musings about Christmas and the holidays in general. I do this every year it seems. All the hubbub of the holiday can really mess with our bodies and mental state.

We keep trying to simplify our holidays but we really miss all of the stuff from our days of over commitment. Silly isn't it? We felt the need to do less but we want to do more.

The flu is scary. I thought I would skip the shot this year but it seems that is a bad idea. So we will hit Walgreens and our friendly pharmacy. Not sure if it makes a difference but will assume we are being preventative.

I have had enough turkey to last at least a year. Wish I could bundle some up for Buzz.

0glad you Re going to the Dr. Sandy. It will help you avoid pneumonia.
    Be good everyone...santa clause is coming to town!
    Patsy
    Ps, Mfp is going crazy today. Cannot correct and it is making odd jumping around mistakes.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Good News is no flu! Bad News is I have an UTI which can be cured with drugs. I was going to get my flu shot there but decided to wait until I am over this infection.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandy, I hope they have the proper drugs to clear this up for you. So sorry, UTI’s can make you so incredibly ill. Darn.

Patsy, the struggle to simplify but the desire for the same wonderful celebrations as in the past—— a tough balancing act. Best wishes in figuring out what works for you as time creeps forward. Hugs to Katie. She is a genuine loveable character. I love to hear stories about what she finds to do each day.

Buzz, for once I stayed up as late as you yesterday. In fact after finishing the newest Grafton book I checked out some Monday online sales before finally getting to sleep around 2am. I do not know how you do it! I have been running about all day trying to get lots accomplished while the weather was quite lovely. Did some work on the folded book and I declare it finished. Made a couple of ornaments, got some checks ready to mail and now I am beyond tired and think I will go to bed.

Hello Jackie and Anne. I will be snoring soon. Good night.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Glad SANDY found the answer to why she is feeling rotten; UTI's don't usually cure themselves! But I'm relieved you decided to get the flu shot, as it can get very serious in ages over 55!
    LIN, don't follow my bedtime example! It's not deliberate; simply , I fall asleep at my desk, eventually waking up to finish something I was doing
    before falling sleep, waking up and-repeating over and over! And though I finally get to sleep sometimes not before 6AM, I still wake up by 7:15! A really good sign of being tired is if I am holding a Sudoku book or pu-zzle--- Oops, I did it again! whatever I'm holding ends up slipping out and falling to the floor; over and over! Do I pay heed? Right,, you guessed it! I watched a movie after dinner, and it was foreign with subtitles. Toward the end, security came over and tapped me on the shoulderner. I woke up to hear him ask, "Can I help you? Are you alright?" How embarrassing! I slept through the movie under his watchful eye! Sadly, we lost 5 people in 3 days here since Thanksgiving. It is now 5 past midnight, and I am exhausted (so how did it reach 12:24?) I'll return tomorrow. Stay well!!!
    <3 Buzz
    ............................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!.........................

• linder4866
    Options
    Good morning, off to Mah Jongg and I did get some sleep last night so am more energetic today!

Buzz, I will try to stay away from late nights. They really do not agree with me!

Sandy, I hope you find the answer to beating this UTI. Worried about you.

Hugs and all best wishes to my dear Sneakers.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Everything seems a bit of a rush at the moment so not much time for my laptop. The hens are settling in without too much squabbling but I have to be around early morning and last at night because they don't understand the concept of indoors and out, cold rain and automatic doors opening and closing. A yoga class this evening which will fall right in the time for putting them to bed so will probably end up doing my best in the dark! Yesterday I went into town to pick up my prescription only to find it wasn't ready so back in this morning. Meanwhile I "borrowed" a pack of special strong ibuprofen from my neighbour so for the first time in 18 months I can get out of bed and walk around without feeling like an old duck!!

Sandy, so sorry you have a UTI..... horrible! I'm sure you know to drink as much fluids as you can and rest. Hopefully you are already beginning to feel a bit better now it's being dealt with but don't rush back to all of your commitments otherwise it might return.

To everyone else, I see the light outside beginning to fade as big black clouds drift over and dump hail and sleet on us so I must make sure the fire is set and lit before I go out. Hopefully more time tomorrow.

<3 Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Must what is uti? but hope yppu are feeling better. Very soon love
    Marie
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hello, not much from me except sympathy and get well soon to SANDY.
    It's positively balmy here at 14C and bright sunshine. So a final rake of a ton of leaves that have drifted down from the huge maple at the back. I've noticed that my two little holly bushes are covered in red berries this year. Any meaning there as in what sort of a winter we are getting?
    Glad you've managed to relieve your pain a bit JACKIE. My bones are an-aching and a-creaking with such wild ups and downs with the weather.
    Anne and her little helper (snort).
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!

Marie, an UTI is an Urinary Tract Infection. It burns when you pee and has a strong odor.

The doctor prescribed two different medicines and after having to go back to Walmart twice I took the two pills and then tried to eat something. Before I could even finish I went to the bathroom and proceeded to throw up about 4 times. I know this is too much information but I am so sick of being sick. I am calling the doctor now to see if they can change the pills because there is nothing worse for me then throwing up. In all honesty I wish they would put me in the hospital so they could over look everything but of course they won't. I do feel a little better but tired all the time, I have never slept so much.

The only advice I can give you is to be sure you wipe from front to back, which I don't think is that easy.

Have a good one.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Hello again, rain, wind and weather! We are promised sun later in the week. Yea. Hooray! Hope they don't break their promise.

John just finished the newest Lee Child novel. He was sooooo disappointed. It is like these established authors just crank out the books and use up all their ideas and energy. But instead of regrouping and spending some time in research they churn out some half an effort. sad! Or else hook up with a want-to-be to write in collaboration. Think James Patterson and Sandford.

The internet is FULL of scams today. Things that are difficult to detect. Beware dear sneakers, it is more dangerous than ever. We got a notice that a amazon order was confirmed and shipped. We didn't order anything and the email looked a bit different. ALERT!

Getting the long delayed flu shot. I will have a reaction, I am sure. But not as bad as the full-on flu. It is always a decision. I would like to avoid shots but my diabetes makes me vulnerable.

Sandy: take heart, my friend. A good med will get this thing under control. Even the first few doses will start you going in a good direction. I understand wanting someone to help you when you are feeling so bad. We laugh around here at John's approach. He usually stares intently at me and then says..."buck up!" He is also a man that insists on a plan of action. let's fix this! I on the other hand, am a shiner!
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    SANDY, I know we all feel for you and what you are going through sounds horrible. To your advice, I might add another a doctor told me years ago: don't take baths; use a shower. How come men don't seem to get UTIs?
    JACKIE, re-reading your post, you mention getting out of bed and I recall the difference my back felt when I started using a wedge to raise my legs. I just wonder if you might also get relief from having your knees raised about 8 or 9 inches.
    PATSY, buck up? When you need sympathy? Men are from Mars! By the way, I get those fraudulent Amazon notices frequently. And daily calls from Dell Tech Serv with Dell's actual number in my ID! Dell NEVER initiates a call!
    ANNE, I thoroughly agree with you regarding weather's effect on creaking joints! Ugh!
    Past midnight and have been so busy with volunteer work today I haven't prepared for cleaning gal tomorrow! What to do?...Get some sleep and pick up in the morning!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PS, got my hair cut today, and must share the results. At leasy I have 1 good feature left!p5pdscl37lnx.jpg
    How do I make attachments smaller? This scared me!