Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,161 Member
    Options
    It is late but had a nice evening. A few friends decided to go to a new coloring get together at a different Library. The first time they’ve held it on a Tuesday evening and really the first time they’ve tried in a couple of years. It was very nice probably as only my little group of friends was there and we had a wonderful time.

I gave my friend her early birthday gift and I was happy she liked it. I had made a set of note cards for her and a handmade card. Flamingos are her favorites so that’s what I put on her notecards.

I put the set of cards in a little box and added a homemade foiled tag to the back but here are a couple of photos of both the notecards and the mixed media card I made for her.

w0dxxe1bqwtq.jpeg
    r6v1ocy25gp3.jpeg

016tlzyod3uh.jpeg

Sorry, need a bit of sleep before starting again tomorrow. Tai Chi, a short get together with another group of friends and a stop at the grocery store (which will be such a crazy place). No winning in Mah Jongg for me today but a nice long shop and look around in Hobby Lobby today.

Good evening. Take care.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to hear from my "Li'l Sis"! Thank goodness you are feeling better, dear MARIE, And tell ALICE we appreciate her caring! As for Jerry, he's really special, isn't he? Take good care of each other!
    SANDY, love your sage advice to lovely LIN! The gentle reminder to relax and regroup. We might all learn from you! By the way, your hair is adorable! Would you believe mine has become fine and thin? But it has great body, which is why I'm letting it grow! Also has a wave.
    PATSY, sounds like you will be a very Busy Body for the next few days! It's hard to believe this will already be my second Thanksgiving without MIKE! Cherish every moment , dear friend!
    JACKIE, I feel chilled just reading of your walking in the wet moor! Sounds like Wuthering Heights!
    ANNE, let it grow! Sooner or later, we'll both have to cut, but enjoy length before it's too late! I guess a plait is what I'd call a braid? when I was very young (20s?)nI made a crown of braids. But my hair was very thick then!
    A dear friend passed away tonight. We were to share our Thanksgiving table with him and his lady friend. Seems he fell and hit his head on the corner of his glass table. When MIKE and I moved here, this man was expected to "go" at any moment, due to a really bad heart. Instead, his wife died, but he was put into hospice, on heavy oxygen and was close to the end himself. That was about 4 years ago. He was 92 at that time. Then he met a recent widow, very sweet and pretty, they clicked and he lived another 4 years, apparently healthy again!. In fact, he started the support group I am finding so helpful! His lady friend, I, and many others will really miss this delightful man! Now, to bed too late again!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!......................
  • jacean2017
    jacean2017 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Morning all, and

morning BUZZ. Yes, a plait is a braid but I meant a French PLEAT. Found a picture and they are so elegant. I had enough hair but could never keep the darn thing together. It would spring forth sort of.
    yigacpvnmwa6.jpg
    Anyway, I'm not the elegant type.
    Beautiful cards LIN. LOVE the doggy one! There's Jilly in the right hand corner!

11 degrees yesterday. Minus 1 today. No wonder the old bones are creaking with all these fluctuations.

Hello MARIE, lovely to read you!

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,111 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Would you believe on the way to the boys my low tire pressure light came on again?? I am so frustrated!! I am going to call the tire place again to see if they can check it out today or Friday. I just hate driving with warning lights on my dashboard. I am going to bingo tonight to bring my friend the bread she ordered from Robby's school. Maybe I will get lucky and win some Christmas money. B)

Anne, I call that a french twist and wore my hair like a lot in the 60's and 70's. I love that style but I could never let my hair grow that long at this age. lol

Buzz, I am so sorry about your friend, what a freak accident. I am glad he was able to enjoy his extended days and enjoyed the time he had left.

Lin, you are an expert card maker and I love both designs. You put a lot of work into making them and it shows. How nice of you to send Marie cards and brighten her days.

Patsy, enjoy your Thanksgiving cooking, thank goodness it only happens once a year. Even though we ordered a prepared turkey dinner I am making an extra bowl of stuffing and my son is making his grandmothers kugula. We will have way too much food for four adults, one three year old and one 11 month old. I think I will be bringing some food home.

Jackie, missed you this morning but hope all is well on the other side of the pond.

Enjoy!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Wild weather here!! For all that my friend and I decided we'd be safer on the moors than in the woods with tree branches and even more crashing down on us so set off on a low footpath that used to be the old railway line to a quarry but in no time at all the wind was knocking us about and nearly off our feet. Neither of us is a lightweight so you can imagine how strong the gusts are! (Definitely a Wuthering Heights experience Buzz!) The dogs loved the wind in their coats of course and rushed about like crazy things and because it's flying up from the Tropics the air is ridiculously warm for the time of year. Once home and George settled I then went to town for food shopping and a couple of items at a small shop in the centre and by the time I returned home the parking area had filled with tradesmen's vehicles doing work at my neighbours' properties. I managed to squeeze into a small spot out of their way but as it's dark already here at 4.45 I've just returned to the car to find all the trucks have gone so managed to put it in her garage because a few trees lining the track are bending dangerously and could come down.
    Beautiful cards Lin and I especially love the doggies! Sandy, have fun at bingo and do your best not to dwell too much on what poor Babe is going through.

Marie ~ 481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
    Wonderful to hear from you.... a loving family all looking after each other.

Anne ~ Very stylish hair but not something I could have ever created with mine because it's so thick!!

I'm not sure I even need to light a fire this evening because it's so mild but it is time to think about an evening meal......

Jackie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Rainy and super warm! We call it the Pineapple Express. Wind from the tropics and buckets of rain instead of drops. Of course Katie loves it. Many trips outside, many walks and annoying muddy foot prints on the carpet and kitchen floor. Aaaaaaagh! Just what I need while I try to get ready for thanksgiving. But in truth, she brings us great joy and companionship.

Marie-I have not had the opportunity to get to know you as much as the others here. This I know for sure...you are truly loved! Everyone here misses you and of course, me as well

Everyone...take care and don't let that holiday preps ruin the family and friend get together. I know stress of the holidays can be oddly devastating. These are words meant for me. I am the queen of holiday stress.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all
  • Sandydur
    Options
    FYI.......I had a nail in my tire. At least it is fixed!!
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Whew! Already Tuckered out! Here is Katie resting on one of her favorite toy bears. She loves to use them as pillows. I guess cooking can be thought of as creative. I think I will fold the napkins in a fun and fancy design. I left my turkey puppet at school for the teacher and the kids to play with. I think it might actually be worn out by now!

Gobble gobble
    Patsy
  • jacean2017
    Options
    Katie's bear looks bigger than Jilly, lol. Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So just to become more confused, what is a chignon? I remember hearing that or an up-do in hair salons. I never had enough hair to do anything interesting. It was always too fine. You ladies are amazing. Gorgeous thick hair, love it.

Anne, that photo looks like science fiction to me. Oh my gosh.

Patsy, what an adorable doggie. Katie at rest. Love it and yes indeed, her toy looks as if it is larger than all of Jilly. Enjoy the gobble gobble when you finally get to it although I am afraid you are working yourself into exhaustion.

Jackie, I am glad you got your car put away and I hope no trees fall!! Be safe.

Sandy, I hope you have been a lucky lady this evening and have recorded big bingo wins. Wahoo!!

Buzz, I am sorry for your loss. What a terrible accident. Oh my. I found out this morning that a friend lost her mom last evening. Her mom had just gone into hospice care so it was not unexpected, but that it was so soon was unexpected. A few of us sat and talked for a while this morning and then she left for a three hour drive to meet her sisters to take care of arrangements. Apparently they could not come to agreement on a day for a service so decided they should just all meet at the funeral home and has out the details rather than phoning back and forth. I hope everyone gets through this holiday with happy memories.

I spent the afternoon sorting through mail and brochures and mess that I have gotten in the mail recently. Oh my gosh, I got through a stack which made me feel pretty good but then I discovered the little card for my next appointment at the dentist has disappeared. I hunted but I gave up. I will just call them next week to confirm the day and time. It is not worth stressing about it. I realized I have nothing on my calendar for an appointment with the doctor to get my prescription renewed. Oops, another call needed. I am happy these things are only on the calendar once or twice a year.

Well, I should get organized for tomorrow. I just need to make something for myself to eat, get cleaned up enough to be presentable. Stop by for a newspaper (if any are left) and then visit with my friends for a while. It sounds like a large group of family members this year. One family has never come back for a Thanksgiving in this state and I do not want to linger that long. Last time they visited a kind of family feud took place, I would prefer to be outta there if hostilities break out again. :D

I am pleased to see Marie was here again today. Yippee!!!!

Time to get up before I fall asleep.

Hugs.

Lin

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    4or0e64tmm1k.png
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everybody. And don't forget the cranberries!
    Love the look of that French twist, but trying to picture how it looks in front, I think it requires perfect bone structure! Thumbs down with my saggy chin! Everyone, enjoy your holiday and I'm of to sleep land!
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always believe something wonderful is about to happen!......................
  • pinkperil
    Options
    My phone hasn't stopped ringing since we got back from our walk and I must get on with so many chores but will try to get back later. We have clear skies and sunshine and the winds have departed so I'll collect any debris and then move delicate potted plants into my greenhouse because we have cold temperatures on the way. One call was a friend passing by on her way to a hospital appointment tomorrow who will drop in for tea and cake on her way home so I need to make sure everything is neat and tidy!!

Jackie
  • jacean2017
    Options
    HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF OUR SOUTH OF THE BORDER FRIENDS,
    LOVE FROM ANNE AND JILLY BEAN.
    A chignon for LIN. Nape of the neck roll.
    3idqqtsz5ghx.jpg
    Like JACKIE, my hair was too heavy for either style, pleat or chignon.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    To all my friends in the States..... enjoy your celebrations!
    1724911elfm6lz0zu.gif

<3
  • linder4866
    Options
    1760955sfl8yzno87.gif

Hello all...........

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    y47g8c5vog5l.png
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.

We just got home. We went up to the town I grew up in to help my cousin celebrate her 65 th Birthday. That was lots of fun.

Out for lunch with another good friend today.

Do any of you suffer from anxiety? I’ve had a few episodes lately over such trivial things. Nasty stuff.

Enjoy your great holiday. We always loved it when we lived in Denver.

Cheers

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving everyone. It is a dreary wet day here. No thanksgiving strolls after the big meal unfortunately. But we are excited to see our son. Our daughter is "holding on." She is enjoying directing her family on the thanksgiving meal. She is sitting nearby (connected to oxygen) shouting orders while the TV is on with the holiday specials. Her husband and our grandson are following her directives.

There is generally always an opportunity to be thankful. The sneakers are all different and yet the same...supportive and good friends. There is nothing better! I wish you were all here so I could offer you a slice of southern pecan pie and a cup of PNW strong coffee. Sugar and caffeine! And the holidays now begin!
    Patsy, John and Katie the magnificent