Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have yet another clear sunny day. We had a very cool night. We were snuggled into comforters and blankets. Yesterday was quite warm 70+ degrees.

I have been dealing with allergies that drive me mad. There is so much pollen in the air. Our scotch broom is coming into bloom. It looks a lot like the gorse Jackie sent a photo of. The leaf part does look like a broom. I am sure this could have been used for a broom. It is responsible for enormous quantities of pollen. It isn’t a native plant and it threatens to take over huge areas of cleared land.

Anne: there is always something that needs repairing. As annoying as mice are, a friend had a raccoon move into his weekend beach house. This creature all but destroyed his house and furniture. The damage was in the thousands of dollars. AND it happened in about 2 weeks! I am not the kind of person who could have two houses. One house almost kills us.

Jackie: I know you will have a memorable trip. You have planned so carefully, it will make your trip all,the more enjoyable to have these details thought out. My sincerest wishes for your trip to be delightful.

Sandy: maybe the new condo rental will work out. It sounds like moving will not be too difficult since it is close by. Cross country moving always involves packing carefully to avoid breaking and scratching of furniture. I have had my share of that!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone! Remember that old song...” have a wonderful day today. And whatever you’ve got to do, I’d be so happy to be doing it with you. Etc etc etc
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am cooking sweet potatoes for my lunch with a veggie salad.
    Eating lots of starches. the sweet potatoes are small so will have 3 or small . I eat till I get satisfy with my starches then have a small veggie or fruit.

Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy Trails to You Jackie. We will be looking forward to your stories (and photos) when you return. I am sure your friends will look after everything just fine, especially with your notes!

Anne, Wednesday water heater day. Wahoo! I really hope you have lovely water pressure restored. AND that the plumbers do not leave a mess behind. The drain magician was quite good at cleaning up and actually not making a mess at all. I was pleased.

Sandy, enjoy the visit. It sounds as if there will be some busy days. Thanks for the information on the products you are using. I need to look those up. Well, take plenty of time looking that place over when you go back for the second look.

Patsy, is Katie happy with her updated Spring look? I was driving home today and looked at two dogs out on walk with their owner. Both of the dogs were clipped short as if the trim was quite recent. They were trotting along looking quite satisfied with themselves. Or maybe they were just happy with this spring day.

Marie, good to hear from you. I love sweet potatoes too and try to keep some on hand all the time. I have stopped ordering boxes of them as there are two stores nearby now that carry the ones I like (at least most of the time).

Highlights of today, Tai Chi class, a trip to Trader Joe’s and taking my other vehicle through the car wash. I read the book for book club, spoke with a friend regarding a mutual friend’s husband who is having health problems. And after much searching I found the piece of Yupo paper I was looking for and have started on a class project. Both water colors and acrylic paints are used. I have gotten to the point that the water color has to dry completely and it takes a while. I will get back to it tomorrow I hope.

Buzz, I hope today has been a good one for you.

Hugs my friends. An early Tai Chi class again tomorrow. I really like it so much but four days a week of early class is a bit too much for me.

All best wishes.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    BON VOYAGE in NORGE, JACKIE !!!
    yjhvk0vm6irk.png
    <3 Buzz
    ..........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen..............................
  • delraybuzz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My late cousin's wonderful daughter is down for a few days of golf, so of course the rains came! However, she took me out for lunch today and someone recommended a new nearby Asian Hibachi place and it sounded good, so that's where we went. Splendid choice and the food and service were awesome! And we were allowed to sit and talk over our final tea for as long as we wanted........and we wanted! Being the eldest person in my family seems to have made me somewhat of a legend, lol! I did not want to burden her with dragging my walker along so I took a cane, and learned I had better buy one of those 3-point base canes or chance tripping over a sliding tip! I'll get on Amazon shortly!!!
    SANDY, it sounds to me as if it's all coming together rather seamlessly! Lots of luck ahead!
    LIN, good for you with the updating daily! Crazy world where we have to be so paranoid, but we must be, in order to survive! My scans showed nothing! I think the website itself was having internet problems!
    ANNE, I think it's a new washing machine, but I dare not go back to check. Enjoy!
    PATSY, Just think how beautiful she will look when Katie is finally groomed in what sounds like a "puppy cut"!
    I must check my email so I can get to bed shortly. My eyes refuse to stay open!!!
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen..............................

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Plenty of the same hopefully Buzz. Lots still to do including a bit of housework so will wish you all well and say stay safe in the coming week. I'm sure somewhere along the way I will be able to send on a photo or two. Otherwise catch up May 5th.

Your good wishes mean the world to me!
    <3 Hugs ~ Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Hello dear sneakers! Sunny and beautiful here. I am thinking of a trip to the Home Depot for a look at their hanging geraniums. The deck needs the usual red geraniums hanging in front of the windows.

Katie is already involved in a large excavation project. Not sure but it looks a lot like an in ground swimming pool.pit. John is not impressed! It feels like she is bringing a lot of the mud and dirt into the house. Oh joy! Katie loves spring.

I have been thinking of planting a row of Shasta daisies along our little road/driveway. I can see that as a pretty sort of ground cover. Also requiring very little attention.

Hope everyone is well and into spring activities.
    Patsy
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Oh by the way, Jackie! I know you will be careful on your trip! Watch out for the odd looking sausage/food left on the buffet table too long. We need you to have a great time on your trip. We need you to come home safe and sound. All our best wishes for a delightful excursion.
    Patsy
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Katie resting after a busy morning digging in the backyard.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    PATSY, if Katie will move over a bit, I'll join her in that nap! How cute!
    JACKIE, I don't know how or why so many of the same picture I posted showed up on 2 pages, yet! But that's the Sognefjord (sp?) and I was amazed to find it used as we use our roads! Ships stopped at cross fjords and people would transfer right in the middle of the fjords! Which are so lovely, of course. We also found Norwegians speak better English than we do! Have a super cruise!
    MARIE, you sound as if you are doing very well, Sis. Whatever it is you do with your diets, they work well for you most of the time! Hope you are both well and enjoying life!
    SANDY, the possible new place sounds perfect and you won't have to get used to new neighborhoods! Wonderful. I'm happy for you that your son and DIL will meet with you in Florida. Today is perfect and no humidity!
    LIN, thank you for wishing me a good day. My days are sort of pretty much the same except for yesterday and that wonderful Japanese lunch and chat with my young cousin. I hope when I was your age I took the full advantage of my time and youth as you do, lol!
    I think I missed ANNE today, and hope all is well.
    Shortly after waking up today I received a phone call from my son (in Germany) and we had a great chat. And he informed me he will be coming with my DIL a few days after my birthday as he has to attend a seminar in San Antonio on June 24th through the 29th. I'm so pleased they are including a visit as they did not think it would work out this year.
    I'm attempting to transfer the objects from my tiny stuffed handbag into a larger bag so the will be room for that extra kleenex, and already I can barely lift the larger bag with nothing additional added yet! I think I've never learned the secret to "ladylike" bags! l will finish getting dressed for dinner now, so I don't have to rush at the last minute!
    <3 Buzz
    ............................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen..........................
  • Jacean1935
    Jacean1935 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I simply couldn't get on the site this morning. It kept returning to the icons at the opening.

Well, I've got a new water heater and gushing hot water out of the bath tap. It turns out the old water heater was 21 years old. I remember it being put in, but THAT long ago! I gather 21 years is very old for a water heater!

Mark came over and crawled into the attic to see if he could see anything as in the owner of the feet I keep hearing. Nothing, no eyes peering at him through the gloom. He did find what looks like a squirrel nest, an ancient squirrel nest, from eons ago when I heard feet above my bed and we had the before last time shingles replaced. The opening into the attic is so small that I could never get my hips through it, but Mark is small boned and slim. Anyway, it rained all day but the next dry day he is going to have a look at the old unused brick chimney from the outside to see if it offers any clues to who or what is trying to join The Bean and I.

To get to the attic opening one has to clear all the shelves in the linen closet and remove them, so thats been my day, folding sheets, towels, blankets etc after removal and then putting them back. In fact I feel very much like Katie, ready for a nap.

Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening. Another day of Tai Chi, visiting the discount day at my local store, reading a book and getting full of paint and ink. Yippee! And the weather was excellent. Cannot beat that combo.

Hey, Tai Chi again tomorrow morning and then off to get together with the ladies at the library.

Some house problems of course. Programming issues with the thermostat and my dehumidifier is only a fan right now. I have decided to just order a new little one. And then will see if I can do somethings n’t with the old one.

Patsy, thanks for the Katie picture. Loving it!! Wh would think she is such an active doggie.

Buzz, I hope you are having a nice visit again today.

Anne, water heater update? I am worried that it didn’t get installed today.

Sandy, I saw your photos on Facebook. Another good day/evening with family.

Hugs to my friends.

Lin
  • Jacean1935
    Options
    Morning girls.
    Yes we are all installed LIN. See post just above yours!
    I'm not sure what's going on with the community page of MFP. I simply have a great deal of trouble getting on it these days. Since the hacking problem anyway. I'll finally get through and it will flick back to the MFP logo screen. This makes me nervous to write long posts. Quite discouraging when all I've written suddenly gone.
    It's quite early now so I won't risk writing more right now.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sorry Anna, your post did not appear last night for me. Hummmmm. Neither did the post from Buzz. Odd happenings.

Lin
  • Jacean1935
    edited April 2018
    Options
    No prob. LIN. I figured that you'd not seen the post. Makes you wonder about the delays. Censoring? Just checked and I missed BUZZ as well! I've just read her post! And she didn't see me either yesterday. Are our days numbered!

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Busy with my kids but just wanted to say hi.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Good morning sneakers! We have a marine layer (fog) this morning. This often happens here after a very warm sunny day(?) but the temps are mild.

John mowed yesterday. The grass was so high we were not sure the little garden tractor was up to the job. But the little orange tractor chugged along and lucky for us...that darling little mower just ate up all the tall grass. The trees are slow to completely leaf out this year. I was concerned when we had a record breaking warm day recently. Heat wave? Drought? It is really hysterical how we here in Oregon complain about the rain and two days without a drop of moisture and we all panic!

So far, I have not had any trouble with MFP since that period of a blank white page for several hours. Hope their glitch has been fixed.

We tried to watch the movie, “All the money in the world” and all I can say is...DREARY! Why bother? The art direction was miserable. The acting was wooden. Just my opinion, maybe I’m too picky.

I think I will continue the spring house cleaning for a bit today then a trip to Home Depot for a little walk around their spring bedding plants. Spring house cleaning will take longer these days. I seem to work at a snails pace. We have too much stuff and we are conflicted about when and if we clear the deck, so to speak. I have to keep reminding myself, our kids do not want any of this stuff.

Katie and I are sipping coffee and eating a milk bone. John is sleeping late today. A lovely Mozart cd on the player. Fog is drifting in the little forest and down in the lower acreage. Oh dear! This day is getting a very slow start.
    Patsy
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    I guess spring has arrived even if it has been late and chilly. Cloudy, foggy day but the rhododendrons are hanging in there. More to come....
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oooooh, Patsy, beautiful. What a storm of blossoms. :)<3:) I will agree with you about being conflicted about dumping out all of my stuff. There is no one who will want anything of mine unless there is a good probability of making some money from it. Once upon a time all my family’s old heirloom quilts might have been desirable but I am not so sure these days. Ladies of my age still love them but they have their own things to get rid of. I am still happy to be surrounded by my memories. I am certain some day they will be anchors dragging me down.

I was die cutting little fairies for some cards and a journal page. I cleaned up the odds and ends of paper and tossed them in the trash which went out on Tuesday. Yes, you guessed it, the tiny die is not in its appointed sleeve which I will admit was a bit torn. I am guessing it fell out in the paper scraps. Oh well, switch gears and move on. Endless searching is a waste of time. :) Time to start working on the graduation cards. One young gentleman was working on restoring an old pickup with his grandfather but he died while they were working on the project. I spoke to the grandma and she said she thought an old vintage truck, in yellow, would be special to him. So, I am going to give it a go. Still thinking about the other card, he might like the same truck in red but he would prefer a racing riding lawn mower. I do not think I can do that!

Meanwhile, lovely day. Tai Chi, Library ladies time with many very funny stories. I wore myself out with laughter. Then returned books to a different library and picked up my new holds and talked to the lady who runs all artsy type programs. She is going to do another bead project this summer and would like to do something with clay. That would be exciting but she really doesn’t have time to add anything to the calendar. So she told me about a huge order she made of Spellbinder products. Excitement. She will be parked by the mailbox until those arrive.

Anne, wahoo. Lots of bath water. How marvelous! Such a great outcome. Now not so good with the critter issue but I swear anything in my house sounds like a huge monster! Mice, bats, birds etc. are all so good at getting into our domains.

And yes, MFP does not seem to refresh for me even though I hit refresh over and over. Maybe I will need to shut the iPad down to get it to actually reload.

Well, back to sorting through my mail.

Hugs. Guess what—yep, I have Tai Chi again tomorrow morning!

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Do you see me now? I don't know what's happening here but I do post every day....even though late! All's well. We may start a Weight Watchers group here. I used to do very well with MFP but haven't the patience or knowledge to figure out my menus since I no longer create them!
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen..........................