Replies

• Anne1935
    Anne1935 Posts: 277 Member
    In a rush today but must say:

SUPER, SUPER ADVICE!!!!!!!!

Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Me too. On the run but has to take time to read that post.

Buzz, thanks for providing it and Sandy thanks for posting it.

Hugs.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Yea! Hooray! For Sandy and Buzz! Dear ones that is so timely for me. Thank you. The day is to be Oregon wet. It is trash day. I have things stacked up on my MUST DO list. One of my current life lessons is to try to do things with intention and enjoy the process. When I am mindful I am much happier. Many of Buzz’s wonderful life lessons have that built in. This is Friday. The beginning of a weekend. Wishing you all a great weekend.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Friday! :) Starting the day off good with getting back to goal weight. Took forever to get my kids to the airport (they choose the further one from me because Southwest flies out of Midway and not O'Hare so as not to pay for luggage). I then met my friends for an early dinner being about 15 minutes late. We had a good time but today my son and his wife arrive.
    I have some errands to run including donating some stuff to the Salvation Army Store. I hope to get to new place to put some kitchen stuff away but I know my DIL will help me. I have some calls to make and have to start changing address for all my billing. I just want to be done by July 1 since I know I will be needed to sit for the boys when Lisa delivers the new baby.

Have a great weekend and I will try to keep checking in but need to get moving today.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank you SANDY, for printing that list. I needed that one regarding giving oneself permission to indulge NOW! And LAUGH!
    JACKIE, 9f2a2nk5sc7u.png
    <3<3<3
    Everything PATSY said is true!
    Another miserable rainy day bt was taken to lunch at Seasons 52 and it was delightful despite the drenching ! They give calorie counts on every item!
    Hi ANNE and LIN and everyone. As usual running late. I guess I fell asleep giving myself a French manicure because I woke up to find I had painted my fingers instead! After midnight , with a rainy weekend predicted!
    <3 Buzz
    ................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!.................

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Hello sneakers. Thank you for all the heartwarming good wishes and BUZZ for Doctor Cat!! :D The procedure went without a hitch so in no time after the usual cup of tea and couple of biscuits I was settled in a comfy chair in reception wearing an eye patch waiting for my ride home. My neighbour drove my car to collect me because we had a huge fuel price hike after all the unsettling trade barriers being announced from a certain quarter and i didnt want her paying for the journey.
    Spot on PATSY, the clarity of vision and beautiful sharp colour's surrounding me are a total surprise because although I was aware my sight wasn't great I hadn't appreciated I was living in a sepia world. My other eye should have the same procedure in a couple of months so I must do plenty of Spring cleaning beforehand because I'm shocked at just how much dust and grime I wasn't seeing, even cobwebs between the ceiling beams! :o
    The biggest laugh my neighbour had this morning when she checked if I was ok was when I told her of my shock when standing at the mirror to put eye drops in and discovering I've aged 20 years overnight!!!
    George has been walked locally as I won't drive for a couple of days and I will now make a pot of coffee before beginning the big clean. Another scorcher for us so better to be in the cool cottage.
    Nearly lost my post so finishing before it happens for real.
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Sorry to read of so much rain on BUZZ and PATSY. I'm beginning to forget it can rain!!

Jackie
  • Anne1935
    Great news JACKIE, Apparently I'm starting a cataract so looking forward to clear colours, but not the aging!
    Busy right now, so will buzz off. I gather Mr T has buzzed off as well from "our home and native land.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Oh Jackie!! Stupendous news. So happy all went well and the world is a brighter place now. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Now for the eye drop regime for a while right?

Anne, hello, yes, well, who knows what will happen next. Argh! A bit apprehensive about the upcoming meeting. Such explosive personalities.

Buzz, cute doctor cat. You find the best things! Now to paint your fingernails today? Take care.

Sandy, all best wishes with the packing and moving. I have never been particularly good at the process. I hope you sail right through this and the timing works out just as you wish.

Patsy, yes, living and savoring each day. Always at the top of my list but I find that I allow petty annoyances as well as future worries to derail me too often.

Now, time to fly along. It is the monthly club meeting this morning. The club where most everyone knows everything. But not me. I just limp along. It will be a good start, I need to get some birthday cards and some general hello cards finished. Well, have to start them first. Haaaaaa.

Hugs.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    Saturday is fun day or at least part of it is. John is busy changing the lights and liners in our flea traps. We have many fleas here in oregon. since we do not like to poison things, this is our way of protecting Katie from fleas. it works!
    patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) I am so upset I could cry. My landlady asked me Thursday if she could come here with some guy about the cabinets. She evidently is getting new ones. Anyway when I was leaving my house to go to the new one she was outside and found out the guy who was meeting her had her number wrong so he left before she got here. In lieu of that she asked if she could see my new place and did nothing but nitpick it to death. Then the subject of painting came up and she again reminded me that no nail holes were allowed. My SIL did a great job in fixing all of them but there are places you can see where he touched up. I explained that the stick on things she wanted me to use are what caused the damage but my gut says she is not going to bend and I think she will end up keeping my whole security deposit. I did book my mover for next Thursday the 14th but now I don't think I will let her know I am moving early which she was hoping I would do. If I do then I would expect half a months rent in return but I am so bad on confrontation.

Just needed to vent!! My son and his wife went to a Cubs game with his father. I am going back to new place and try and get something done.

Thanks for listening.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Anne1935
    edited June 2018
    Vent all you want SANDY. You should point out to your landlady that she will have a little more than nail holes to worry about if she's having the cabinets ripped out!

The Bean and I weeded for two hours and the people renting Darren's place across from me showed up with a removal van and Jilly yapped most of the time as they unloaded. A chap stopped to chat with a very nice dog and suggested I do what he did to shut my little terror up. A collar which tightens when the dog barks! Ensuing choking stops the dog barking to gag instead! His dog was wearing it! No way would I subject The Bean to that, or ANY dog. Anyway, living alone I will always know if we have a prowler outside!

The fox trotted past. He or she is the most beautiful animal. Much bigger than The Bean, he/she kept a wary distance.

Alas, I think fleas like mosquitos and taxes are everywhere PATSY. Jilly has both flea and tick protection.

I will be seeing the sons tomorrow, Father's Day right?
    The Deleter.
  • jwubben6600
    Anne: here in the states Father’s Day is June 17th I think. I sure hope so. That’s what I have been planning. Anyway that’s what my iPad calendar says.
    Patsy
  • Anne1935
    edited June 2018
    Oh oh, - I'm confused. What's new! My English calendar of local Yorkshire artists sent by my cousin who teaches them art says 24th June in the U.K.

From now on ignorance is bliss. I know nuffink me not being a dad, but of course I'm very aware of Mother's Day, lol.
    Sorry girls, just ignore me when I come out with significant dates!
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Sandy, <3 I am so sorry. Apparently your landlady has several sides to her personality and she is showing her mean-spirited side. When money is involved, that often surfaces in people. Best to finish up and be done with her. She is not your friend is she, an acquaintance, stay cordial but distance yourself. You have your reasons to be in your new place, this person will soon be your past.

I am sorry she is treating you shabbily. You deserve better. I hate confrontation too. I find it very upsetting. Hugs, and forget about her, just take care of yourself and look to your future.

Lin
  • linder4866
    edited June 2018
    I am home and still shaking a bit in my boots. One of our members took a hard fall in the parking lot before we even got in the building. She hurt the palms of both hands both knees and one elbow. We had quite a number of people offering support. She refused an ambulance but did not know how she would get up again. A man stopped by and happened to be a doctor. Our lady said nothing is broken, I am okay so the doctor and I got behind her and helped support her to get her back on her feet. I carried her things into the library and stayed with her as she cleaned up a bit, got some bandaids and made her way to the room.

Argh. I am glad she did not have broken bones but I have been on edge since then. Maybe thinking too much of my encounter with the steeet a few years ago?

I really did nothing worthwhile this morning so will try to get a few things done this afternoon but if I still am not doing passable work, I will stop and read a book.

Please have a better day.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Anne1935
    Just been watching Peter, Paul and Mary. All those lovely hippy songs of hope and change. What on earths gone wrong! Michael's just text -"greed". I suppose, but lovely to watch them again. They are singing "Where have all the flowers gone" after a short break. Sad.
    I'm teary eyed as I watch Mary's memorial right now.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Anne: here in the states Father’s Day is June 17th I think. I sure hope so. That’s what I have been planning. Anyway that’s what my iPad calendar says.
    Patsy

I agree, it is the 17th here. We have been told to bring photos to church for a special event similar to the Mother’s Day event.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Hi y'all! I'm having trouble here going back and forth between us here, and the sites are finding it confusing to change. I'll try to sign off there and come back.... I'll post this so you know I'm still alive!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Darn, I think I was hallucinating when I wrote my earlier post. I have no idea what website I was looking for! I had an uncomfortable day , problems with keeping down breakfast of fiber cereal and blueberries, and it left me unusually sleepy, and when I logged onto MFP, I thought I was also on another website but have no idea which one! That can get a bit scary once I realize it! I think it was all in my sleepy imagination! I should go online earlier in the day but today was a queasy day and a tired day, so please forgive me! I must get to bed now!
    <3 Buzz
  • jwubben6600
    No Buzz! It isn’t you...this has been an crazy internet day. Nothing works. Sloooooow typing. Very odd request for new log in and new password. Off to bed.
    Patsy