Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I just watched the Disney film, “Christopher Robin” and loved it. <3<3 never grow up. :)

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A cold easterly wind all day kept me from doing much in the garden other than cut the grass although that's a big enough chore in itself. The dogs had long walks, first with me in the woods then my neighbours took them on an even longer walk in the district while I did some housework but that was as exciting as my day has been. Gone midnight so off to bed.

Lovely to see Jeri'ssmiling face. Listen to your body if it says rest or snooze, it's the best way to recover from any operation. I seem to remember you giving me similar advice after my much smaller cancer scare Jeri so don't go overdoing things just yet. <3

My bed is calling me!
    Jackie

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Forgive my "pos t" but I recall problems loggiing in and suddenly, I'm waking un and seeing itis4:31 ...I keep falling asleep
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!.........................
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning. Off to Tai Chi and a load of errands. Hugs all round. <3

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Just woke up which is late for me. Terribly loud thunder and pouring rain overnight. Jill takes it all in her stride. She just stares at the window and then goes back to sleep.
    Hope everyone is busy and happy this gloomy morning,
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) John and Laurie got here Saturday afternoon. I went to Mass for my palms and then we went to dinner where Bryanna works. Yesterday we were supposed to go to Lisa and Rob's but we got 6 inches of snow so stayed home, we are going this afternoon. I am taking Babe to dentist in an hour so have to get ready. His son has a job thus me taking him.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I too was up late after the whistling wind kept waking me in the night. The dogs are still quite tired after their walks yesterday so we did a short stroll in the woods before I drove to a builders yard to buy paving slabs to be placed under the new chicken house. A big discussion with the helpful staff member working in the yard about what I could actually lift and move around so in the end my idea of just six 600mm x 600mm slabs went out the window because they were too heavy in spite of what my silly 21 year old brain tells me!! Instead doubled the amount to buy 600mm x 300mm and they are currently weighing down the back of my car parked up waiting for assistance from my kind neighbour to transport them along our footpath and down the garden to the hen house. The wind continues to howl and chill to the bone so the rest of the day may well be spent doing odd chores around the house.

Lin, I love Winnie the Pooh. Favourite quote.... they say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day!!

6" of snow Sandy! I'll stop complaining about my cold wind!

Happy Monday one and all!!
    Jackie

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Good day sneakers! We have cold rain and a drizzly week ahead. I think the community egg hunt for the kids will be rather cold and damp. Actually, it usually is!

I am going through a phase of restless nights. It makes my evenings kind of low energy and I yearn to go to bed. After a short sleep...it is up and down, tossing and turning. Exhausting rather than restful. I will ease back into a more healthy routine soon I hope.

Katie is ready for outdoor activities. I would enjoy being outside more as well. John said he will need to mow the grass soon regardless of the wet grass. It will be quite a job. It is very tall right now. But it is impossible to now between rain drops.

I think we will pick up an Easter Lilly at one of the big stores, maybe Home Depot. I guess we will have spring inside and maybe the weather will start to be more hospitable outside next week. My memory book was a delightful project. I get teary eyed when I look at it. I put fun photos and sentimental things like cards and drawings from our kids when they were very young. I am such a sentimental goof. I have boxes of photos, cards, clippings, drawings. I could never part with any of it. What will happen to all this when we leave this earth? You guessed it...into the trash I suspect. That’s okay. I love having it and will enjoy it immensely.

Enjoy just the thought of lovely spring weather. Reality will happen soon, I just know it.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Puhlease...ignore my last "post" as I was really "napping" through it for hours! I finally gave up and went to bed around 5:30 AM!!! Slept until after 9 and read in Dr Oz's column how important napping is, so now, especially since my Gabapentin (for hand neuropathy) makes me very sleepy, I will try to nap during the day and NOT go online at night ! No, I don't THINK it's dementia, I think it's merely advanced stupidity!
    I wanted to share with you the name of the movie that moved me so much yesterday that I ended up in tears: 'On the Basis of Sex' - Felicity Jones, as Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Fights for Gender Equality. It really hit me to think of the fight we women have been through and how much further we must go! Do I think the US will elect a female for President next election? No I do not think the mentality of the majority is ready yet! So this movie made me so proud of what a woman can achieve and what a difference she has made.
    Gotta run and pick up something someone has gotten for me so Ill be back tomorrow!
    <3 Buzz

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. And you are definitely right about me taking it easy. But ... it is so hard.

Today I definitely took it much easier. I did genealogy most of the day but did manage to get up and get my walking in. Too much sitting isn’t good either. You have to find the right balance.

Lin I love Disney films, I’ll check it out.

Jackie I guess I should take my own advice. Curious tho, did you follow my advice? 😉

Sandy snow - wow. I saw pictures on the news.

BuzzI’ll look for that movie too.

Time to go do stretches. Nite all.

Jeri

• linder4866
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good morning. The sun is out again and the temperature is mild. Yippee! It is Mah Jongg morning, followed by more errands and finally jewelry making at the library this evening.

Yesterday was a day of cold sweat for me. Haaaa. After Tai Chi, a stop at the library and a trip to the bike shop, I came home to tackle all the shipping and customs hurdles. I got an International rep on the phone and we went through the pages of needed information field by field. Even she had to think about some of the required items since I was not packing the item and there is a different shipping address (not mine). Oh my, it took so long and then to the final things needed for customs. There was no invoice since it was a sale between parties. That took the remainder of the afternoon. It was finally approved. I received an electronic label overnight, I have forwarded the label to the buyer for his final review of his receiving information. When he says ok, I can forward along to the bike shop.

Goodness, import fees are huge! I will now shut up. This must be so boring for you. Sorry, it is dominating my life. And I am a nervous Nellie.

Jeri, yes, the proper balance is very difficult to find even in ordinary circumstances. You are doing well. All your genealogy work is online right? Are you researching particular family members? I hope you find good info.

Buzz, I have heard of that movie. I will have to search for it in the library’s catalog. Thanks.

Patsy, the grass here isn’t really tall enough for mowing yet but with temperatures climbing, it won’t be long. I hope you get more restful sleep at night.

Jackie, we may be a bit older but our brains don’t seem to agree. Haaaa. Glad you gave in and purchased more reasonable slabs. I love the quote you sent along. Wouldn’t it be lovely to play as a child once in a while? I had several imaginary worlds in the backyard. Haaaaa.

Sandy, I hope Babe’s appointment went well and there were no problems with those family members. I also hope the snow is melting quickly.

Anne, has the gloom dissipated? Hugs to you and the delightful Bean.

Must run along. Every once in a while, the car needs gas! It is time. They told us Tuesdays are the best day to purchase. Best prices on average, hummmm. Well it does not matter when the tank is empty.

Hugs.

Lin

• Gawanne35
    Options
    No LIN the gloom hasn't gone away, so.......Ive decided to do a pre Easter and Spring cleaning wash of all the sheets, duvets, towels and Jilly's blankie and bed pad. The washing machine isn't happy, its doing a dervish dance on the basement floor. Please cross fingers for me!
    Otherwise, all is well in our little corner of the world and it starts to hopefully warm up on Thursday.
    Hugs back, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) I have a hand appointment at 10:30 but wanted to check in. It was a fun, hectic day with the kiddos yesterday. My son's father also joined us and they all did love Ewok. Robby is four and when he got home from school he was all wound up. Typical boy behavior but my John and Laurie aren't used to kids as their daughter is 29. One child is much different than three (or four in my case). We came home, played a game of cards and then watched Christopher Robin which I just loved. It brought me to tears but I do cry easy at movies. Tonight we will go to dinner, my treat. I will leave you with a few pictures to make you smile.
    iecmawjh0lv0.jpg
    88v1tny74av0.jpg
    s70yxkc17wvc.jpg

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    What a difference a day makes! I was so cold for most of yesterday but when I let the dogs out around midnight for a last sniff around I noticed the wind had dropped so it was quite mild. Awoke to a misty damp morning but up early and out to the supermarket for a few suppies although lots of empty shelves and few staff to stock them! Holiday makers strip everything bare as they pass through on their way to our Cornish beaches so I will have to make another trip before Friday to buy Easter eggs for friends.
    Sue the gardener worked for a couple of hours while my neighbour helped me put the new hen house together then tomorrow I'll break up the old one. The hens have already investigated inside and seem happy with it!

Jeri, no of course I don't follow advice when told to take things easy, then wonder why I'm tired or aching! We are the way we are I guess!! 😉

Oh dear, a peaceful rest in the sunshine until my "f-ing" neighbour now started to slam doors. You all remember him!! 🤬

Gorgeous photos Sandy. Aren't they all growing up quickly.

Betty making me laugh as she barks at the foul language floating across from next door so I'd better go in until things quieten down!!
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Hi everybody, hope you all had a good day. Mine started off with smash/bang when I remembered to take my pain pills just as I was rushing to catch our bus taking us to the funeral of my dear quilt-making 77 year young friend----multiple myeloma that took her life in just a couple of months! Anyway, I went to my cabinet, took out the two pills and wter, an as I was returning them to the cabinet, the cover popped off and the bottle slid into my dis
    pan filled with hot soapy water! I rescued a few but now they are stuck to a paper towel!
    While we were on the return bus, I found myself thinking my bad hip was not as painful as usual! Can it be those pills are now helping improve that?
    I have lost this post twice, and the computer is super enlarging it and then the page disappears so I'm logging off before losing it again! Love to all of you...
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello. Morning here once again. Yesterday was an odd day. My stomach was off all day and still is unhappy this morning. I made it through a couple of errands, played Mah Jongg, followed up on several banking issues. And the shipping label was finally sent to the bike shop. I did not go for jewelry making and cancelled an appointment I had scheduled for today. Otherwise, I pretty much collapsed. Sleep or just resting. I thought I would spring up this morning but am still dragging along. We will see what I can do today.

Anne, we expect showers here later today and this evening. I hope the gloom is past you now. But your house is benefiting from your activities. Did the washer stand its ground through the massive amount of laundry? I still cross my fingers every time I start a load of laundry in my ancient machine. It doesn’t usually whirl about though. :)

Sandy, lovely photos of a dear family. I like Ewok too! I returned the Christopher Robin movie to the library. It is a wonderful movie. I might want to watch it again someday. I hope all the snow is gone and spring has returned.

Jackie, oh my, you really do not take it easy at all! Wow. What ambitious projects. Is there some reason for your neighbor to slam doors and swear? Some problem? Or just foul tempered? No lovely peaceful days of listening to the birds sing with that as background noise.

Buzz, no, no, no! Your pills ruined. Terrible news. I hope you have more or can order them relatively quickly. Whatever is helping your hip, may it continue!

Hello Patsy, Jeri, Laura, Karen, Barb, Diane, Marie and Barbie.

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The sun has burnt off early mist so another glorious day. We've walked the woods accompanied by 2 crazy energetic dogs and a 3rd that was feeling his age so very slow. This meant their owner walked behind us for most of the time and Betty and George had to fend off long legs crashing into them! Washing on the line and after a quick light lunch and 2 cups of coffee I'm now heading back to the chicken run. Nice and quiet though as it seems noisy neighbour's family might have been about to drive off for a holiday break. Lin he is a controlling bully and as is often the case his wife either doesn't see him for what he is or too scared to do much about it! He slams, bangs and yells for effect that's all although after his family had driven away he continued to rant, this time at his motorbike because it's alarm kept going off so you van imagine I often see the funny side. 😁

Buzz, just the sort of thing I do with pills especially as medicine cabinet is on wall behind the loo... you can imagine!

Must get on. Hello to all sneakers.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Another fun dinner, this time with Bryanna at Seasons 52.
    kmbudy6h5h9u.jpg
    Then we came home and played games. They go to Laurie's migraine doctor this afternoon and will drive back to Edwardsville when done. I have to leave before them to sit for the kiddos as Lisa has a doctor's appointment. Didn't sleep well last night so not sure about bingo tonight. I went to the new doctor and he gave me different options for my carpal tunnel but we both agreed it is not bad so for now just wear a brace when sleeping and if I want on the computer and do some exercises. I liked him even though I had to wait over an hour to see him for which he apologized. So unless it gets worse I am good for now.
    Always seem to be rushing but time moves too fast.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Beautiful start to our day with a brilliant sun in the blue sky. We went for a long, long walk and daffodil buds are appearing. Stopped at the mailbox and guess what another letter from my now best friend revenue Canada letting me know they now owe me. We are getting to be penpals.
    I think the washing machine survived. However the goose filled duvet didn't dry out in the dryer after four attempts so I ended up dragging out my 40 odd year old woolly blanket from the UK days! Cozy.
    Duvet and feathers dried overnight!
    Just settling down to housework so all for now.
    Anne.
    Hope all the poorly gals are feeling better and JACKIE is purchasing ear plugs.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello sneakers. Well almost the weekend and I am trying to play catch-up. So far, I am losing the battle. To make matters interesting, there is a bumble bee sitting on the curtains in the living room. He/she is immovable and scary. Makes this angry noise when Katie gets near it. I am waiting for John to decide the best approach.

It is foggy and misty out. It makes my hair curly, that’s good? I am feeling rather desperate for warmer weather. Maybe someday...then it will be way too hot.

Just a reminder. Do not eat the ears of your chocolate bunny first. Start nibbling on the toes first. This is an important rule to remember. Not sure what disaster might befall if you disobey.

After Easter there will be a massive carpet cleaning and window washing celebration. Grime eradication festival. I love it and John hates it. I think spring house cleaning is in female DNA. We all feel this yearly drive, kind of like the nesting urge.
    Patsy