Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    I am home and I am sold on reflexology. I am going to do a series of treatments to see what positive changes can be made. :)<3:) Feeling so much better right now.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    My reply wouldn’t post...back tomorrow. So happy to hear treatment went well for you, Lin.
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    A beautiful day, the dogs have been walked and I've enjoyed breakfast outside to the sound of a neighbour's screaming petrol strimmer... hopefully will soon finish what's she's doing so I can do some weeding in peace!

Great news Lin. I had a feeling you would be delighted with reflexology but didn't want to raise hopes in case that wasn't so. You Patsy having problems posting too. A couple of days ago an ad popped up asking me to register for the MFP that charges so I wonder if again they are trying to ease us in that direction by making posting difficult. Time will tell. Anne, the advancement in cancer treatments is amazing isn't it and certainly in the UK we are told more people now survive cancer than die from it... all great news. On the subject of population growth, I read recently that London alone will need an extra 185,000 school places in the next 20 years because of the influx of immigrants. Since we are constantly told that leaving the EU will be catastrophic for our economy I do wonder why we are so popular!!

Hooray, the noisy strimmer has stopped so I'll get my gardening gloves on and see how far I get with gentle weeding. This morning and yesterday I managed to walk in the woods without a stick and although a bit uncomfortable I feel improvements are happening.

Happy Saturday everyone. Thinking of you Buzz <3<3

Jackie

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    You must tell us more about reflexology LIN! Sounds interesting and I'm so glad you are treating and spoiling yourself.
    JACKIE wonderful walking progress!! You are an inspiration to us and anyone contemplating hip replacement.
    I must admit I was very surprised at the number of immigrants crossing our border from the States. Difficult to imagine why when you consider how cold it can get and most of our refugees are from much warmer climes. I guess we will have many more if Donald's wall plans collapse. He won't want to erect one up here will he if the march north solves his problem. We live in most interesting times.
    MFP are certainly mucking things up on the Sneakers. Updating, new staff? Or simply hoping we will cough up. I'm afraid they'll continue hoping as far as I'm concerned as my pensions never increase, but I do age wise.
    Well, the washings on and it's time to take the patient (ha ha) bean for a ramble.
    Anne, who's still here, wonders.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) I am up early so I can go watch Robby play soccer this morning. Later my landlord is trying to arrange a replacement for my refrigerator and stove. Only problem is that they are almond which really isn't in style any longer. My kids said it doesn't matter since I am a renter especially if they are nicer than what I have. I will let you know.

I will try to get back later.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited June 2019
    Hello, I also read the article about the new treatment for certain blood cancers. Interesting.

Sandy, enjoy watching the soccer. None here I would imagine as we have had rain on and off this morning. I would definitely be happy with functioning appliances. I think I would be okay with the color unless it was green or harvest gold. Haaaaaa.

Anne, just incredible numbers of people trying to get to another country. It boggles my poor little brain. I feel so fortunate to live where I do. I may grouse but have no desire to relocate. I hope you and the Bean have had a lovely walk.

Jackie, loved the description of your breakfast and the terrific sound effects. Haaa. I hope the weeding went well.

Patsy, good day to you. It is so disappointing when we lose our post. I am sorry. Hope you found new flowers and that the weather is good this weekend.

Buzz, are you getting any rest? How are you progressing? Feeling any better? Many hugs. Hoping you receive some positive news regarding your DD.

Reflexology is just a relatively small step from Qigong and Tai Chi. While my practice discusses removing blockages to Chi/Qi and promoting health through various movements and stretches, reflexology speaks of balances Chakras and and opening energy meridians. Qigong and Tai Chi also speak of meridians. I swear to you she gathered healing energy, her hands were so warm it was amazing. As she gently worked various parts of my foot I felt little jolts, or warmth or tingles in various places of my back, leg, etc. When she finished I did a bit quiet relaxation, a few stretches and when I stood up, there was less pain, I could stand with weight on the right side, and I felt taller for goodness sakes. She smiled and I did too. That is when I said when can I come back.

Still feeling quite good today (as compared to before the treatment). I didn’t expect that, I expected a bit of relief and then back to the start with many more treatments needed for relief that would last more than a few hours. A very good surprise.

Hugs. Must move along now.

Lin
  • Gawanne35
    Wow, LIN. Have suggested to Mark he try it. There are clinics here.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Feel brain dead! And eyes becoming impossible to read . Thanks, JACKY and ANNE for the info on the lymphoma success. Until it starts to enlarge again, it's wait, wait, wait! Then she goes to MSK for a lumbar check. I sent a copy of the BBC article to her and She'll do as she wants.
    LIN, reflexology has been very soothing and helpful for me the period I've used it. We've a darling practitioner living here who's always blessing me, and I love her treatments.
    Sorry, I'm having typing trouble; fingers not responding and can't see................
    <3 , hugs, etc.
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Feel brain dead! And eyes becoming impossible to read . Thanks, JACKY and ANNE for the info on the lymphoma success. Until it starts to enlarge again, it's wait, wait, wait! Then she goes to MSK for a lumbar check. I sent a copy of the BBC article to her and She'll do as she wants.
    LIN, reflexology has been very soothing and helpful for me the period I've used it. We've a darling practitioner living here who's always blessing me, and I love her treatments.
    Sorry, I'm having typing trouble; fingers not responding and can't see................
    <3 , hugs, etc.
    Buzz
  • Gawanne35
    Summers arrived. 80F later. It was sticky and hot yesterday. More later. Meanwhile much love and thoughts sent to you BUZZ.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    edited June 2019
    Good morning, church morning. I have remembered to pack a jar wrench as I need to open a bottle of juice and darn, the top never wants to let go. After church I hope to meet a lady to sell a purse.

Huge storm here last night with much flash flooding. I was safely at home and am putting more water in the sewer system as I am washing a little load of undies this morning.

Buzz, hugs and more hugs. Maybe you could use some reflexology or massage to help in this most trying time. All best wishes.

Anne, don’t melt today! Little darling Bean must really heat up in the sun with her shiny black coat.

Best wishes Sandy, Jackie, Patsy, Jeri, Laura, and all darling Sneakers.

Hugs

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) They put in the new fridge and stove and they look white to me although my landlord insists they are almond. Doesn't matter because they look great to me.
    o91gu107lkn9.jpg
    Of course there was a problem getting the gas line connected and after a couple of hours finally did and guess what? The gas is not getting to the burners or oven. They will be back today to fix the problem, at least I hope they do.
    I couldn't go to church yesterday so I am going to 11:00 today and then to Walmart. After a video call with my kids I hope to go to pool, depending on when our storm is supposed to hit.

Buzz, I wish we could all come and hug you and just be with you but try to visualize our hugs and feel the love we have for you. Please take care of yourself. Did the last set of x rays show any damage or broken bones?

Not much time so have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Past midnight so just checking in before heading to bed. A morning cleaning out the hen house before it rained and apart from a slight back ache from having to bend awkwardly it was good to be able to do the job myself rather than have to ask my neighbour! An afternoon watching tennis and women's football switching channels back and forth so as you can tell the rest of my Sunday was extremely uneventful. I did manage to chat to my brother in Spain about the house sale so feel that matter is so far proceding without any fallout!

Sandy, you did make me laugh about the colour of your fridge and stove perhaps being oyster as if they were a fashion statement but hooray, they look white in your photo to me too!

Lin, more storms and flooding, oh dear. My forecast was threatening storms here too but that seems to have fizzled out thank goodness. I had to smile when the neighbour with yesterday's screaming strimmer lit a smokey bonfire at midday just 5 minutes before our rain arrived to quickly put it out! Our by-laws state a bonfire must be lit at dusk or 4.30pm whichever comes last so someone up there was watching over it!

Buzz, keep resting, you had a nasty accident and your body is telling you it needs to recover.

Anne, I don't think these migrating masses consider the weather. Apparently the thousands that moved across Europe saying they wanted to settle in Norway, Finland and Denmark are shocked by the cold winters now they've arrived. Let's hope another war in the Middle East isn't about to break out and send tens of thousands more running for their lives!!

Off to bed.....
    Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    Mike's daughter and S-i-L took me to dinner today at Bonefish Grille for my birthday, and it was more than pleasant, and they ordered twin lobster tails for me. Walking down using the walker rather than the wheelchair was truly difficult, and as soon as I'm healed, my attention shall return to the hip! I'm afraid I'm finding myself very distracted from all that's going on in the REAL world, being unable to concentrate as I used to (perhaps a blessing in disguise?). More X-rays were taken yesterday and though nothing is broken, they found extensive arthritis in my shoulders. I learned that the security guard who did not take me upstairs when I returned from the hospital was fired for not using "loving " care!
    Again, bless you all for your written care and support, and I promise I will try to follow most of your advice but sometimes I forget! Your hugs are very welcome so keep
    em coming! I do read all your posts and love doing so, and thank you for ignoring my self-centeredness right now! Concentrating has become difficult! :'(
    <3 Buzz
    ........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!...............................
  • pinkperil
    Buzz, lots going on I know but today is your day so soak up the hugs and love!

l832w6au68r6.jpg

Jackie <3<3

• Gawanne35
    BUZZ, DEAR LADY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Take all the spoiling you can get. Love, kisses and licks are sent winging your way - way, way down in Florida from me and the Bean.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Happy birthday Buzz........some flowers for your special day.

tas2d5ayicfe.jpeg

Many hugs <3<3<3

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Buzz.

1179649ii5tdews28.gif

Love,
    Sandy
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Dearest Buzz! Happy birthday dear friend. You are one of the rare exceedingly beautiful, intelligent and brave women we all admire and want to imulate. Throw that calendar away. You are as you always were. We care so much for you, dear lady. I am, once again, reaching across the miles to give you sincerest birthday wishes and as much affection and friendship as you can stand. We will face the future together. And as Captain Kirk of the starship Enterprize would say...May the force be with you!
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    I am overwhelmed by you dear dear friends! You have certainly made me feel more than special today and thank goodness for "the force"! No special plans until dinner, and then only 6 as the larger tables make conversation difficult. I hope my chocolate covered strawberries arrive in time for dessert!. Thank you for your wonderful wishes , and the feelings are more than mutual!
    <3 Buzz
    ........................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!...............................