Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    :) I am back from the beach and it was lovely to be there and relax and enjoy time with my husband. I love my little beach house. Easy to clean, nice balcony to relax on and read and there was a cool breeze out there too NOT HOT LIKE IN CAIRO. But the weather is cooling off some what so that is good. I loved walking on the beach picking up unique shells and just wading along in the water. I pretty much had the whole beach to myself. Most people come on the week ends but we were there during the week so it was quiet.

My nephew ( actually my husbands nephew ) is coming to visit in a few minutes. He just moved to Lebanon and flew over here for the week end to express his condolences for his uncle that died a few weeks ago. He was raised by his Egyptian father and Swiss mother in the states but has since married a gal fro Kuwait and now they live in Lebanon. International kids. It will be fun to see them.

Sounds like everyone is busy, doing great an Happy. I love this group and I feel like I know you all in a special way.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I cannot stay awake! Im so drowsy, I doze trying to read the posts.

267 Jims morning before meal reading. A steady below 200 is our goal.

Jeri, I hope this little one keeps that little handsome smile when he is grown.

A pretty day, breezy 70ish sunshine.
    Have a super weekend!

Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,178 Member
    Options
    1414665oifj428326.gif

Hello friends – ran errands this morning---return to Walmart, library, picked up my Rx, bank, and went to a Fall Harvest Sale at a church nearby and got gas for my vehicle (getting ready to go to visit my dad again this coming week). Then it was home to Cook, Cook, Cook. Made cole slaw, a batch of crackers, baked some sweet potatoes, made almond milk, and chopped vegetables. Then I packed up a very large box with donations for Goodwill and will drop it off tomorrow or Monday. Also have some returns for Land’s End so will take them to the store rather than paying return postage---they *might* have a different size in one item I ordered which I’d really like to have. If not, I’ll order in November as I have a discount coupon.

I was able to speak with my dad for a few minutes today so he must have been having a better day. Can’t get a nurse to answer the phone which is typical at night and particularly on weekends---good grief. A friend is going to visit tomorrow morning and he said he’d text me after he sees my dad.

I posted on Facebook---had a run-in with a bird getting into my fireplace. I have a sealed unit gas fireplace and I’ve never had a creature get in before. What an exciting afternoon.

Phoebe – hope you are getting some rest. Sorry DH’s reading was not better this morning.

Phyllis – your trip to the beach sounds fabulous. We are having our autumn weather and I will say the leaves are just gorgeous right now. I enjoyed looking at them as I drove around doing my errands today. I hope you enjoy your visit with your nephew.

Sandy – I hope you trip to see Donna went well. I said I’d be there---ha----guess I got delayed. Your babysitting chore sounds daunting to me but I’m not much of a baby person. I’ve never really looked after any on a consistent basis. A friend needed a babysitter for her 2 pre-teens last night and I was nonexistent in responding to her request. Her kids are hyper and spoiled—not judging just observing. Best wishes to you with dear Robby, I hope you do not hurt your back. And I am not all natural but I have been trying to replace many things with better options or by making things myself. One thing that was difficult for me to give up was perfume----I’d put it on daily since I was an undergraduate in college and then I read about how it is not good for your health to do that and I really could not even smell it---hadn’t been able to discern that fragrance for years so one day I just stopped. That sort of sparked my interest in essential oils. Much safer and healthier.

Marie – love the Halloween graphic! Your cooking/eating plan sounds very good. I hope you had a good day. There was a garage sale up the street from me today and I thought about walking up there to take a look but restrained myself. There was nothing I needed. Terrific numbers today my friend!!!

Jeri – I loved the picture. A large picture is just fine by me. What a sweetie!

Talk to you soon. Hugs to all.

Lin

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    smiley-happy093.gif My new computer is up and running and I've been spending a lot of time getting things organized. It will eventually be awesome but right now it's just a lot of work and an interesting challenge.

smiley-happy093.gif This has been a great day with breaks from the computer to work in the yard, walk the dogs, ride the exercise bike and watch TV

:) Sandy, one of my friends was the speaker at an Al-Anon chili feed meeting. I didn't eat dinner but I went to hear her speak. She has been an Al-Anon member for decades and did a fabulous job.

smiley-hug008.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2014 is “mindful”

October Resolutions
    *walk 18,000 steps a day
    *act the way I want to feel
    *strength training twice a week
    * write the letter to my friend that I've been putting off too long

146200.png
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL PERSON AWARD! Once you have been given this award, you are supposed to paste it on the wall of 8 people who deserve it. If you break the chain nothing will happen, but it’s always sweet to know that someone thinks you’re beautiful inside and out ❤
    Fancyladyjeri
    Linder4866
    Mauiesue
    I recall seeing several more in my email account, but I cannot find them today! Thank you all for the award, and please pass it on, as I have no idea concerning a wall here on MFP, and I no longer belong to Facebook! I think everyone on our forum or group should receive one for being so fantastic and supportive to us all!

Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday, and hugs to everybody...
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thank you BUZZ.

Good Morning all,

Off to A&W for breakfast then to our daughters to celebrate birthdays just after lunch. It will be a full day.

Sandy - I have Ed for help when we babysit and he is excellent with kids. They love him to bits and if I was to do it all by myself I would be so tired.

Thanks for all the kind words about my picture. That little guy is a girl -- Sarah. LOL. I should have put her name down. She is a true sweetie.

I am still eating gluten and a little bit of egg. Someone here asked me if I'd had my testing yet. I don't want to scroll back to find out who as I lost 2 posts yesterday doing that. But I have an appt in early November to talk to the doctor.

That piece of toast I will have in a bit will give me a headache for sure but I need to eat gluten if I want to be tested.

Have a super wonderful day.

Jeri
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning Sneakers. No plan today except watch football. Bought a Chicken at the deli yesterday and Jerry some potatoe salad. so no cooking today for me. Yeah
    My readings was good this morning. on both the blood sugar and blood pressure
    Had a pumpkin flax muffin with my coffee this morning and will warm up some beans for lunch plus cole slaw.

Lin you stay so busy always doing something or going somewhere
    Are you able to hold s your weight down since you reach your goal. We went to Albertson yesterday and they have such lovely prepare vegies all cut up I bought a tray of cabbage cole slaw min and tray of broccoli cold slaw to make my salad this week. I think it will last me a long time mix and mix them up. I did not use to much dressing so I think I will stir fry some to go with my beans for lunch
    I also bought 2 Honey crisp apples and they were so good. But rather high why I only bought 2, but I may go back and get me some more.

Phoebe glad to hear Jim is improving on his readings. And you get to feeling better. I guess you do not know what the future hold for you yet? Whatever it will always work out for he best. Just trust in the Lord.

Sandy so proud of your lost this week and just look at Shirley go.. I am trying my best to have another lost this week. Jackie sure met her goal . That is wonderful you are going to have a ball looking after Robby I never did offer to keep any of my grandkids when they were small While their mother work. I love them but a few hours at a time was all I could handle.

Buzz Did you give me a new name? or do we have a new member Maybe you went to sleep.

Howdy to all of you jazz up Sneakers. have a wonderful day and by all means eat healthy

One Meal at a time for me.
    Marie

1824008hb6rav153p.gif

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :D Today is Robby's Christening Day so I don't have much time. I am sure I will be posting some pictures later. My niece and her husband went to a Cancer Banquet in my neighborhood last night so she texted me to come and have a drink with them. Everyone was all dressed up and I was in just nice pants and a shirt so felt awkward. I bought some chances and won some jewelry so it was worth going there. I better get moving so I am not late. Talk to you later.

Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    1626045xjz0wolv01.gif

Good morning - dropped some books off at the library after-hours box this morning, went to Trader Joe's for vegetables, dropped them off at home and then on to church. Home for a little while and then I am going to take the donations to Goodwill. When I get home it's time to clean and cut up vegetables again, read the newspaper, try to talk to my dad, walk around a bit, and then there's lots of great TV on PBS---re-runs of Downton Abbey and a new Inspector Lewis. Wahoo! There's a sample Sunday event going on but I don't w ant to go for a long drive today for some reason even though the weather is very nice. :o

Hugs to everyone. I am feeling quite restless and unsettled today for some reason. Wish I lived closer to some of you---I'd come over for a visit! <3

Lin in colorful Central Iowa B)
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »

I am feeling quite restless and unsettled today for some reason. Wish I lived closer to some of you---I'd come over for a visit! <3

Lin in colorful Central Iowa B)

I feel like that sometimes and often wonder why? Yes, we'd like you to come over for a cup of tea. LOL
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone from sunny Saskatchewan. It has been warm and none of that white stuff yet! I am still doing regular physiotherapy for my hamstring injury but down to once a week now. I am coming to accept that there will always be pain there but hope to control the degree with minimal meds.

My sister, a friend and I are going to a Figure Skating competition in BC in a week so looking forward to that, of course. Neil is still struggling with mood but the craziness is somewhat less.

Sandy, your baby is beautiful. It is so hard to say no in looking after your grand baby. I am not telling you what to do but this is how I lovingly handled it. I told them that I would not be their regular babysitter but if he or the daycare person was sick I would be happy to look after him. I don't think they would have asked me but i don't know for sure because I brought it up first. I looked after him a lot while they were renovating their rental house and Dave was helping them. I do go to their house as it is easier with all his stuff there. That means I get nothing done here but now that te renovation is done I only watch him once in awhile. Hope it works well for you.

Neil is up now so I should make some breakfast for him.

Have a great day all. Did someone say there is a bookmark here?

Take care and keep smiling! Gayla (the lost lamb)
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Had a nice visit with my husbands nephew today. Other than that it was a quiet day. Spent a lot of time in the kitchen preparing a lunch for the three of us. I found a good recipe to use to stuff some fish. ( onions, garlic, green peppers ) and then I stuffed two fish and baked them in foil. Turned out great!. Also stuffed some zucchini and egg plants with a rice mixture, ( an Egyptian specialty ) since my nephew was visiting. He wanted some good Egyptian food. They also turned out quite good so all is well. He has gone now to Lebanon. These kids now days just travel around the world like it is next door.

I am doing that Doctor Oz 2 week kick start to weight loss and so far so good. I don't have all the ingredients he lists on his website but I am doing the best I can. I feel good cutting out the rice and bread and eating more green veggies. Still need to make that soup that he suggests.
    Phyllis
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Christening went wonderful. Here are two pictures from our blessed day.u23137i36fnq.jpg
    pxexymhcnnmz.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy093.gif I learned how to do something new on my computer today and found a feature that I thought the computer didn't have.

smiley-happy093.gif Jake went out on a friend's boat for most of the morning and he's out again now with a friend. I love him more than anything but I really appreciate having time at home without him occasionally.

smiley-happy110.gif This has been fun but I need to do my weight lifting before I get too tired.

smiley-happy110.gifTomorrow we go to Seattle to see the cardiologist for the follow-up on the tests Jake had in August. We have plans for lunch at the nearby Asian restaurant where we plan to have dim sum instead of ordering off the menu

smiley-hug008.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Sandy -- Wonderful pictures. So cute.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Oh no, 62 new messages for me to read!!! Will do my best to come back later today although we are expecting hurricane Gonzales to hit us at some point so I might have to switch off. Amazing how storms over the Bahamas seem to find their way across the Atlantic to us!! :|

Happy Monday everyone!
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie what did you learn new on the computer?

Sandy Robby is so adorable

So glad to see Gayla pop in. is it getting that time of the year when snow start poplin by? We are still enjoying nice fall like weather

Jackie take care during the storm.
    time to go fix my flax muffin for breakfast.
    Hugs to all
    1299018ilh3uxizie.gif[/u
    Marie
  • linder4866
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1666645a1clelplsk.gif

Good morning - getting ready to head out again with my return items. The weather is nice and sunny today---makes for a good day.

Marie - love the kitties! I hope your day is enjoyable. How was football Sunday? I cannot believe I fell asleep during Inspector Lewis last night but for some reason the story line was so familiar. I wasn't that interested. Maybe I'm old enough that I've read every mystery plot? Haaaaaaa.

Jackie - stay safe!!!

Gayla - good to see you. Some good advice for Sandy.

Sandy - love the pictures of the special day for your little guy. The necklace is very nice.

Jeri - I was the one who asked about the sensitivity tests. I guess November isn't too far away now.

Barbie - love your dancing, moving, weaving around graphics. So energetic. Sound as if you really like that new computer.

Phyllis - glad you enjoyed your visit. It sounds as if you did a lot of cooking!

Best wishes to all dear Sneakers.

Lin who will dig out her sunglasses
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin check out beans in your smoothies Of all things beans in a smoothie I just search for Beans in your smoothies
    They said beans without salt has no taste
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Thanks Marie.........I really love the taste of beans so I make up a dish of beans and cooked mushrooms, onions, and garlic and add any leftover cooked veggies and then smother everything in no-salt ketchup and tomato paste. Some good chewing there! ;)