Replies

• kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
  • angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday All! This is my first check in during December. Whomp Whomp. Hope you are all doing well!
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    TGIF, Still here.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Friday here. Get to work on the barn tomorrow. Missed the hangout because i could not figure out how to connect to it.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Day 5 everyone. 16% there!

I finally fell asleep at 3:30 yesterday afternoon. That made a total of about 33 hours awake for absolutely no reason. It was definitely weird...

On a good note, Monday, I weighed in at 208.6, which is the most I've been in over a year(maybe longer), but I think that was my weekend of crappy eating. Today I weighed at 199.8, so I'm happy about that. Hopefully it's only downhill from here.
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Kris, there is always plenty of beer involved lol. It's one of the things I won't give up because I enjoy it so much. It's once a week on Thursday nights and then once a month on Sundays for a travel league I'm in. 5 days of the week I'll be cheating which isn't terrible. Now keeping the other 25-26 days in check is another story.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The hang out was awesome. There were a lot of laughs and a lot of therapy! It was fantastic to get to touch base with you guys. Thanks again Arturo for setting it up. We are going to have one more toward the end of December so start looking for that date in the events section. I can't say enough about how helpful it was ! It's like this chat board only LIVE people! Loved it!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ditto, I enjoyed hosting the hangout ... thanks Carol for the tutorial! Lol
    Next time I'll know what to do. Anybody interested in participating in the next one can MFP mail me your Google+ name so I can add you to my circle and invite you directly. But I will always post the link once the hangout has started to the MFP group forum for those joining last minute.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Tindercd, I hear ya! I had a liquid lunch today, but I do not feel guilty. Maybe a little because it was a LARGE draft, but eh, he brought it and I wasn't going to send it back;) That would be rude. lol It was light beer and I have eaten clean all day. I blame my trip to DC. There it was nightly tequila and beer. For the most part I don't drink, but occasionally I enjoy having one or two or... (that is where it gets tough!)

Hey Angela! Great to see you. You have been kicking butt this month.

Arturo, I will mail you. I want in on the next one. How do y'all do it. Voice, video, text?

Happy Friday All! Picking up my new GPS tonight. Super excited. Will give it a go on the trails tomorrow, even if I can only hike. Missing running so much!!!
  • tindercd
    Options
    Someone once told me it isn't the alcohol that's super bad for you but instead it's the poor food choices you make while under the influence of said alcohol. I'm 10x more likely to eat a large french fry after a few beers than I am after a few bottles of water.
  • tindercd
    Options
    3 Miler today. Rx was 2 miles easy pace and last mile finish faster. I hit 8:01 first mile, 8:29 second mile, and 7:44 3rd. I always have trouble pacing my first mile. I just can't help but go faster than I should. I'll focus on keeping it even tomorrow. I also decided to tough it out and go outside today. I missed running outside...it's so much more motivational. Have a good evening everyone!

John, great before and after pic!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    MarkM, we had small glitches when setting up the hangout but we eventually figured it out. :D
    For all those interested in joining a a hangout which we are probably going to do monthly, please Private message me or Arturo your email address so we can send you the invite directly and you won't miss it.

Last night was fun. Its nice talking to John and Carol and bouncing ideas.

I want to just touch on "food issues" For some reason in society people can grasp smoke, drug and alcohol addiction but when it comes to food I think a lot of people misunderstand it.
    I'm speaking from experience. If you talk to anyone who is sober they can attest that once an addict always an addict. Its how you cope and deal with the "urge to use" They have done test on lab mice where they gave them cocaine and sugar, as much as the mice likes cocaine, they will often pick sugar over cocaine. And the more you use the more you need to ingest to get that pleasure. When you at that far in, its a chemical reaction and the brain is making you do things that you know you shouldn't. But thank goodness our brain is elastic and adaptable. Recognize you have an issue, learn what are your triggers and initially avoid them. i.e: new recovering alcoholic don't come near any situation that has alcohol present until they reach a stage where their brain chemistry has somewhat level off and they can think rationally and fight off the urge. It SUUUCKS to have an addiction issue and some people are just more predispose to it than others. So for all those who are having a rough time or think they have somehow "failed" or they are "weak" Know that you are not! You are on MFP and that's a big step. Re train your brain and really understand the feeling between "need" and "want" I.E: Your brain tells you you "need" "X" (bad stuff) because it "wants" to feels good you. But deep down your rational side knows that you don't need it. Recognize it and fight it. Tell yourself "this too shall pass"
    Have a great weekend!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Folks! What a week.
    Arturo - Here is the link to Ben Greenfields Blood test results
    - bengreenfieldfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Preview-of-_Lab-Results-WellnessFX_1.pdfhttp://

Great advice Heron

I would just pass this mantra of mine on its a hacked up quote from one of Thourou's Books. "The obstacles that lie on the road both before us and behind us, pale in comparison to those that lie with in us"

Have a great weekend Folks.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning, y'all.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday All! Wonderful post Heron. I will chime in later. Off to hit the trails now. The sun hasn't even come out. It's a good day :D
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Made it home safe. Anyone ever notice that house sitters make your house smell not like you anymore? Gads. :smile:
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you all have a good day enjoying sports, shopping, decorating, relaxing or whatever else you do in the weekends before the holidays. I'm on my way to the gym for boot camp, and then to a Christmas concert with my mom. Trying to decide whether to workout just on a fat bomb or to have protein first - wish I knew the right answer! Neither seems to make a difference to the workout, but which has the better impact on my body.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 6 from 194.6 to 189.2 not to bad
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Day 6, made it through a work Christmas party with no major set backs. One down, one to go.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in! Visiting family always makes eating right tough. I did have 1 bite of a chocolate pie last night. But only 1!

Eating right while traveling is tough... got the kids and wife food from sonic and I was munch jerky and a bag of nuts......