Dec 1-Dec 6 Check In Challenge Thread

Options
12345679»

Replies

• beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Good weigh in this morning which was nice. Slow and somewhat steady downward movement is good for me. I wish I knew if I was gaining muscle - assume I am but how much, how fast. Don't think I've made enough progress yet for another DEXA scan. Thinking I'll do that again in March around my birthday. In the meantime, looks like progress on the AJ/Bodyio coach front. Need to work on my self evaluation assessment pack this weekend. She says starting coaching during the holiday season may not be ideal. I'm not a social butterfly party goer, so with exception of Christmas Eve/day and New Years Eve (which is also hubby's bday. ). Those can be carb nites.

Great thoughts Heron. John nice quote. I remember in high school I hated reading Thoreau Now as an adult I love his quotes. Probably should re-read Walden.

Everyone else, wow this group got big fast. Love reading your posts. Keep it up!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Just doing the day 6 check in! :-)
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! My goodness there are a lot of positive comments & successes being reported.
    I'm off to do a podcast with Nick of Practically Tactical but on HIS show this time. Going to give him a hard time about joining us here for one day only!!!
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great reminder Heron. Small victories add up!

Beerbikegirl have you looked into getting some body fat calipers? I have some but it's hard to measure yourself. You could have your husband help you and measure once a month to check your progress! Where do you go to get a DEXA scan? I would love to get one.

Kc9ljo good job! Work parties are the worst! Do any of your coworkers give you flak for not partaking in the unhealthy food?

4 mile Rx'ed today. Supposed to go slow and even, but I was all over the place.

7:46
    8:35
    8:43
    8:59

I was sort of consistent for 2-4 only a :24 difference. I wonder if it's just downhill slightly on the way there. I usually run to a point and then turn back at halfway.

Rest day tomorrow... pre-bowling for Thursday league today. Tonight is Christmas parade and Japanese Steakhouse! Which means plenty of carbs and probably a sake bomb or two (fraternity brothers are in town). Have a good Saturday everyone!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    fjqno3t21sd4.jpg

Ready to Go at the Parade. JTD a big hit with the kids along the route. He's one tired lad at the moment though, since when we got home I let him out in the back yard and he nearly caught one of the neighborhood stray cats. Missed her by that much!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Carol: So how did the podcast go? I just checked my email and saw that I got an invite this morning to watch. Unfortunately I checked my email too late (like an hour ago). Hope it went well. Hopefully next time Nick can send me more advanced warning :D
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss Jeffrey. Mark, I feel that way whenever people have been in the house for awhile. Had a delivery guy leave his cologne smell in the house for hours. Cynthia, have fun with mom. Kc9ljo, Well done! That is tough. Kilo, I want a sonic burger now:) Kim, that sure was a fabulous weigh-in. Congrats! You didn't like Walden??? GASP. Every time I hit the trails I have a moment where I say "That's it! I am selling everything and moving to a cabin in the woods!" Tindercd, I am jealous of those times. I was really missing running when I was on the trails today. Have fun tonight! John, he is beautiful! Seems stray cats were a problem today. I almost ran over one in the drive switching cars around this morning.

The trails were glorious today. I got teary eyed after because I have missed it that much. My friend was late so I attempted to run a bit while I waited. I wimped out. The leaves and ice had me slipping and I didn't wear my brace. Today was all about animals. Saw seven deer and a buck had a stand-off with me. Would not leave the trail and was looking at me like "What!? You want a piece of me?" I swear he would not move. I made it to 8 feet from him and his flaring nostrils (thinking he would run, but no) and then I retreated. I wasn't winning that rumble. It was strange. Also saw a mass of wild turkey, a red tail fox ( I have never seen one that was not dead on the side of the road) and best of all, a bald eagle. Ahhhh! I left my phone in the car and brought my camera. Charged it last night, but forgot I took the memory thing out of it awhile ago. Ugh. I attempted some short jogs, but the leaves, ice and rocks on the trails were too much. Next time! Knee held up and this was the first time I have not had a wipe-out. My feet were soaking wet though.
  • 25mcaro
    Options
    MY Friday was lost to a migraine brought on by not eating.Hence no check in. Saturday is a wonderful day to reflect on all of the poor choices I make, with or without alcohol.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    25mcaro wrote: »
    MY Friday was lost to a migraine brought on by not eating.Hence no check in. Saturday is a wonderful day to reflect on all of the poor choices I make, with or without alcohol.
    How about reflecting on all the GREAT choices you made Caroline ??
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Kris: your trail adventures sound amazing! #jealous
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    25mcaro wrote: »
    How about reflecting on all the GREAT choices you made Caroline ??

I second that what Carol said 25mcaro! Hope you are feeling better. Migraines are awful. Hang in there and keep your chin up. A day at a time. I have been having those days too.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. carb night! Whoo hoo! I have Indian butter chicken in the slow cooker and naan in the fridge
  • aceronjr
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Starting carb night window with Japanese ramen noodles! :D
    Butter chicken is for the end :p
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Well the parade today was a blast, JT Dogg had a great time with the children, (He doesn't get to work with kids very often and he enjoys looking his customers eye to eye) So cal count is probably off since we only walked about a half mile, then another half mile back to the car. But it took us 3 hrs to do it. Parade team went to local Mexican restaurant after and I had a beef Fajita plate, gave away the tortillas, and dumped the rice on the sizzle plate with the beef, peppers, onions, and tomatoes, threw some cheese on it and chowed down. If I eat there again I'd double it up.
    Lots of good stuff going on here, great job folks, Some Great walks, runs and other stuff. Keep it up! Motion is the lotion. Lube those joints, blood and brain.
    Another Great Podcast Carol!

For me Tomorrow is Dead lift Day, got to do some craft project shopping (we're gonna make Christmas tree ornaments on the D Ward on Family Holiday get together), visit a friend of mine in a nursing home up in Savannah (taking him pizza) and then dinner date Gonna be a Jammin' Kind o Day.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in for today. I'll make a real post tomorrow.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 7 hang over.
  • 25mcaro
    Options
    Is there a new link now?
  • aceronjr
    Options
    Yes, check the Dec 7-13 thread.