TurboFire 2015 Check In

Options

Replies

• angelaklem
    angelaklem Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat the best today and I sure felt it during my workout. I felt very sluggish and tired, ugh! Here's to eating cleaner tomorrow!
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Done!! I didn't have a wonderful burn of calories but given that I have to put all of my effort into starting the DVD player, I would say I did pretty good. This working out 6 days a week thing is going to be lots harder than I thought.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it angela it's not always possible to eat perfect. Some other factors that are important are rest (sleep) and water. I need to work on getting to bed earlier but I have the water thing down. My students wonder why I keep disappearing from my room. lol I'm glad they're old enough to be left alone.

On a good note we have completed Week One. I am not a fan of Stretch 40 so I didn't do it. We had a 2 hour delay due to the cold so I was able to get an extra hour of sleep and I plan on doing the elliptical this afternoon.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group! I started on Monday so today is day 4 for me. I've been working out regularly for about 5 months now but took about a week and a half hiatus from being sick and just decided to jump back in this week with Turbo Fire. (I've never done Turbo Fire before) HOLY SMOKES!! It's intense but I absolutely love it!!
    Day 1&2 done! My back is soon sore. I didn't even know I had muscles back there. ;)
    I had to laugh when I read this because I also couldn't believe how sore my back was when I started Turbo Fire. My back, shoulders, and feet.. :\
    Day 6 Done!! I didn't have a wonderful burn of calories but given that I have to put all of my effort into starting the DVD player, I would say I did pretty good. This working out 6 days a week thing is going to be lots harder than I thought.
    You will get used to the 6 days a week thing. When I first got into working out regularly (about 5 months ago) I felt a lot like you do. It is very hard.. I'm not trying to down play that, but I promise you will get used to it. Now I feel off if I don't work out 6 days a week.

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Complete! One WEEK down :smiley:

Core 20, hard, but boring ~ I totally skipped Stretch 40.

I think next week I will combine Core 20 with HIIT 15 or 20 and find something else for the Thursday workout, maybe a little Turbo Jam for old times sake lol

More soreness keeps switching from my shoulders to my back to my legs, at least it is not everywhere at once!

I feel your pain Snowdancer ~ we have a new blu ray player and I keep hitting the wrong buttons on the remote. Starting to miss my simple dvd player!

One day at a time Angelaklem! I had a few beers last night (within my calorie budget) and had a hard time getting up this morning :s

Working out on Saturdays is not my favorite thing, but at least, so far, they are short workouts. It is too easy to want to sit and hang out with my husband!

Welcome JMS14!
  • snowdancer03
    Options
    Day 7 complete! Week 1 done! :D
    My boyfriend joined me and only lasted a couple minutes during AB 10. I loved it and it made me laugh.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Day 8 done! Fire 45 was trickier than I recall.

I lost my place a lot. Especially on the first song, mostly because I could not figure out what they were singing about lol

snowdancer, my husband tried to do Tae Bo with me once, and only once. He gained a lot of respect for me that day :wink:

TGIF!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Friday. I love Friday. Off to a great Week 2 start with TF 45. I did good with the first round, but struggled a little later. I don't want to offend you girls but "Boom I got your boyfriend" doesn't get me motivated either.

Just kidding.

I will admit that I was lazy yesterday afternoon and didn't get a second workout in. BeLight I don't have any cats to chase and our 3 dogs were lazier than me. It was pretty chilly out so I built a fire and hung out with my daughter. She is going back to college on Sunday so it was good father daughter time.

snowdancer, I don't know how you do it. I was born and raised in Ohio and if I never see a snowflake again, I'll be ok with it.

angela, sharkmom, pearshapedmum and jms keep us posted. I'm feeling really good about this program right now.

Have a great weekend!
  • BeLightYear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I didn't let me two 80 pound dogs in because they follow me around. Dog conversation: "She's going to the kitchen, maybe we can have treats, oh, wait, she's heading for the living room, maybe we can snuggle, wait, back to the kitchen, treats?, living room, snuggle?, okay, Mom's lost her mind again, let's lay in the middle of her path and trip her" :D:p
  • angelaklem
    Options
    I sure am glad that I am working out at home and not going to the gym. We got about 12 inches of snow last night and there is currently zero visibility. So, I'm staying home today and getting my Turbo on! Well, as soon as the kids go down for their naps that is. By the way coach, I love "Boom I got your boyfriend" and I can't wait to get 45 done!

I do have a question for you all. Has anyone ever tried the eating plan that goes with the 21 day fix? I talked to my sister last night and she said that we is doing the 21 day fix diet and she is seeing great results. Now, I'm starting to look into it. I don't think I would want to do the videos that go along with it, I would have to keep doing my turbo fire! Any thoughts on 21 day fix?
  • sharkmomtn
    sharkmomtn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. angelaklem - I'm with coach on not ever seeing another snowflake - I was born and raised in PA. I currently reside in the south and love the weather!

Did TF55 before lunch - ouch is all I can say. My back hurts, my legs hurt.... Ugh. I'm finding if I wait until mid morning or later in the evening my workouts seem to go a lot better, instead of at 4:30 AM. I have more energy to make it through the workouts. I'm hoping that will change in a few weeks because I would really rather get up, work out and move on with my day. I work from home most days except for meetings so I have some flexibility there. :)

I really like the program and I'm glad that we have this group. You all are awesome!! B)
  • angelaklem
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of fire 45, but I did it! :smiley:
  • snowdancer03
    Options
    Day 7 done! My schedule told me to do LOW HIIT 20 so I missed out on the Fire 45.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Complete with HIIT 20. So much for sleeping in this morning. My dogs like a routine.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Completed Day 8! HIIT 20 wasn't enough calorie burn, so I did good ole' Turbo Jam 20 minute workout. Still not the biggest burn, but at least I hit my vigorous exercise target for the day :)

I had to get up at 5 to feed my fuzzy kids too, but, then I dove back into bed for a few hours ~ I do love Saturdays!

As far as an eating plan, I just stick to my calorie goal. I make all the meals around here and do not want to have to start planning two separate things for hubby and I!

Glad to see so many of us checking in still ~ Happy Saturday, tomorrow, we rest.
  • angelaklem
    Options
    HIIT 20 done!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Just thought I would check in while I enjoy my Sunday morning coffee. I am already looking forward to tomorrow morning.
  • BeLightYear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why is it always Sunday night? Weekends go tooooo fast!

HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30 on for tomorrow morning ~ Goodnight my friends!
  • snowdancer03
    Options
    I was so busy Saturday I never got the time to do Fire 40. So I took Saturday as my rest day and just completed my day 9 Fire 40.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning. Why is it that Monday always comes so quick.
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1! How on earth do I enter the Core 20 workout on this thing?