TurboFire 2015 Check In

Options

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Julia, I sympathize, my husband and cat snore like crazy. I keep a spare set of pillows and a blanket on the couch, just in case ;)

Glad to see you back Angela!
  • angelaklem
    angelaklem Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I managed to get my workout in today...45 EZ was not easy for me today. I'm still not at 100% but I did it!!
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    angelaklem wrote: »
    I managed to get my workout in today...45 EZ was not easy for me today. I'm still not at 100% but I did it!!

Way to go and feel better!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Glad you could get through it Angela and feel 100% today!

Turbo Jam Punch, Kick and Jam this morning. I used to think it was hard, now I think TurboFire has ruined it for me. I had to keep slowing down and NO finale! Not a bad burn though.

Fire 55 EZ on for tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    HIIT 25 today. This was a completely new workout for me this morning. I was excited until she said we would be doing a lot of leg moves... and she wasn't kidding! It was a little frustrating trying to keep up and learn the new moves but I got through it and got a decent burn. See you all tomorrow!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I am pretty sure that they do Turbo Fire in a room with less gravity than mine!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Finally getting to check in. Core 20 this morning and I just got off the elliptical. I just needed to do a little more today. 55 EZ in the morning. My fave.
  • sharkmomtn
    sharkmomtn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good to see you Coach - I'm checking in late as well. I did the Core 20 this morning and then did a 30 minute walk/run this evening to help up my calorie burn. I am looking forward to 55EZ too. I'm not sure which one I like better - Fire 45EZ or Fire 55EZ. :smile:

It really feels good to be moving consistently.
  • angelaklem
    Options
    I had a long workout today. I did HIIT 15, core 20 and tone 30 because I missed my workout on Monday. I skipped stretch 40 because I wanted to get the other workouts in. I'm a little sore, but excited for 55 EZ tomorrow!
  • calebandevansmom
    calebandevansmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HIIT 15 and sculpt 30 done! It was another evening workout. I always have the best intentions of working out first thing in the morning, but I struggle to get up and out of bed so early. The highlight of my workout tonight was my youngest son telling me to jump higher during a fire drill and then slapping my booty when I was squatting.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    sharkmom, I like 55 because the fire drills give me a chance to get water. And I like the two finales.
    angela, that's a great combo.
    calebandevansmom, that put a smile on my face for sure.

BeLight, Hard to believe we already have 3 weeks in the books. That's awesome. I'm so glad you encouraged me to start TF again.
  • jms14letgo
    Options
    Amy I completely forgot to answer your question about the Fire Starter class.. It's like any other class. I think it's about 30 minutes long. She just works a little more with talking you through the moves and breaking them down, but you are moving just as much as the other classes. It helps get you used to combos before you start other workouts.

Angela good push on making up lost time! Hopefully you aren't too sore..

Diana, you literally made me laugh out loud. Your son sounds adorable. :smile:

Fire 40 today. Phew I'm tired. I can always tell when I'm on the back half of the week because my body is less "fresh" and less willing to move the way I want it to. I'm already looking forward to resting on Sunday.
  • angelaklem
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ done. We're done with the first 3 weeks!! Great job everyone!
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Fire 30 is done and just 3 more days until I can say "week 3 is done!"
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Started off week 4 with TF 45. I went in with a positive mindset today and feel great. It's not my favorite, but I can't let that stop me. Definitely sweated this morning. Have a great day.
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of everyone in the group for their daily check-ins. I completed my first morning workout and LOVED IT!!! :smiley: I will be talking to my boyfriend today and begging him to wake up 15-20minutes earlier so I can do turbo.

I'm excited for today because I am recieving an award from my district for being a great teacher. But also really angry because today my principal is requiring I give her all my lesson plans and a department plan to raise grades. I have also been instructed that if we don't achieve what she wants she will be making changes without our consent. Why can my district reward me but my boss punish me at the same time? :neutral_face:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!! :smiley:
  • jms14letgo
    Options
    Wow Andrea that would be an irritating situation. I wonder if you boss thinks now the bar is raised higher??

Low HIIT 20 today. I give myself a 9 or 10 for effort. I really pushed today. :smiley:
  • sharkmomtn
    sharkmomtn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's day is going well. Finished Fire 45 and I must say - wow, legs on fire!!

Andrea, you are an awesome teacher, you are being rewarded for that and perhaps your principal is a bit envious? I know it sounds silly - but you never know what sets other people's envy off. :\

When I was teaching I was the youngest teacher on staff. Absolutely nothing could of prepared me for what I encountered from much of the other more seasoned teachers. I went in thinking "wow this will be great! I will learn so much from them..." Reality was much different. I don't miss the politics - but I do miss the kids. :p

On another note - I am using an UP24. Had a BodyMedia Link that I used for a very long time. It broke and that's when I found out I could not buy another one - they are no longer available. Is anyone else using one of these and how are you dealing with the numbers it brings over to you myfitnesspal account?

• awilliamslee784
    Options
    Congrats Andrea! It sucks that your principal isn't letting you enjoy your achievement before piling on the work.

Just knocked out TF 45 EZ despite protests from my 2yo son and my twins wanting to watch me kick. I had to make sure those roundhouse kicks cleared the tops of their heads.
  • angelaklem
    Options
    I finished Fire 45. I went into this workout dreading it because fire 45 is not my favorite. But to my surprise I actually liked it today! I'm so glad I pushed play even though I didn't want to today.