Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes, Isabella, I guess I’m busy or at least I run around a lot. Two weeks ago we kept our granddaughter for the weekend. We got her after w went to a wedding in a barn Friday evening. Saturday I had her help get Easter bags ready for Good News Club and Sunday School and we went to a 90th birthday party. Then Sunday we went to church, made biscuits (just the three of us) and then her mom got her at church in the evening. The next day (April 15) we took a load of boxes to Kansas City – left at 7am and got home at 8 pm. A good day but not here.

Tuesday was Good News Club in the afternoon. Wednesday was Bible study. In the afternoon we took cake and ice cream and went to my uncle’s to celebrate his 89th birthday. We were happy to see his friend who is a woman there. A couple weeks earlier they moved the woman to a different area. But they brought her over the day. Week went on and it was Easter.

All but one of the kids were here so we had a big dinner (kids each brought something). We hid all he eggs at once for the kids. They each got to find 8 but that was still 112 eggs to find. Then I hid one big one for each of the guys for fun.

The next morning I took a friend to an eye appointment cause they were going to dilate her eyes (she had surgery on the one yesterday). Tuesday morning Ralph had a doctor’s appointment and it was half price day at Etc. so went there and then Good News Club. Wednesday was Bible study. That evening we had our last Wednesday evening and started with a hot dog roast. Thursday I worked with friend on brackelets, went to Lucy’s track meet, visited uncle and went to Paige’s concert (she had a solo). Friday was errands as usual.

Saturday was to be at home but I learned my brother-in-law was in the hospital in Wichita so we went up for a visit. He’s having some heart problems so far it hasn’t worked to do a heart cath. When we got home, I still had stuff to do for Sunday – it was all the kids and doing the April birthdays plus my nephew and family were down to get the last of the things from their mom’s house. After we got home Matthew and Julie came over with something to tell us – my mind went to her being pregnant but no- they wanted to tell us she was going to quit at the bank and go to work for Derek as office manager (new position.). After they left, I finished what I needed to do but all at once felt exhausted. I put it down to all going on and went to bed. Sunday I did what I had to but felt tired (no fever). We did have 30 people for dinner so...... Monday I took a nap and we had a choir concert to go to so went to see BIL again. He was sleeping and sister wasn’t there so wasn’t not there long. Today I realize that tiredness might have been a bug of some kind so hope no one I was around gets it cause I feel good today. We got about an inch of rain Monday and it rained most of the afternoon today – good and wet and cooler again – furnace is running again.

The rest of the week seem full too and that’s my excuse for not writing. It just doesn’t seem to slow down. I will have Wednesday evenings free after tomorrow night and next week is our Good News Club party so that will be done till next fall but my to do list doesn’t seem to get shorter.

I have self-diagnoses myself with carpel tunnel in one hand and it bugs me more so dealing with that too. Anyway, that way I haven’t written lately. I do check-in every weekend so don’t give up on me.

Isabella, your weekends still sound so enjoyable I’d love to join you in some of your activities.

Ralph just reminded me that I need to call Lori and get things figured out about their 4-H pigs. Take care of yourself.
  • arobed53
    Hi. Saturday has come around and I actually have been home all day. I am working on straightening the house, baking rolls and a little more food stuff for tomorrow and whatever is on the list. We’ve had a lot of rain this week but today is sunny and dry – dry in that nothing is coming down. Ground is plenty wet. The week has been good.

We went into the hospital to see my BIL again and then to the music concert Monday night. It was good – I couldn’t understand all the words but enjoyed the music.

Tuesday we had our last Good News Club and gave out the invites for the party. It’s a happy/sad time. Wednesday morning was Bible study. I worked at getting stuff ready for Willing Workers in the afternoon, had ear tags and stuff ready for Lori’s kids 4-H pigs and watched Alan’s kids for about an hour. Then we had a special prayer service in the evening. I had called my uncle to say I wouldn’t come to visit this week. So he told me to call again.

Thursday morning I did my shopping list, fixed Ralph his hamburger and then met a friend at Arby’s. We had a good time eating and visiting. Then I got the 4-H eartag stuff in and did my Friday shopping (on Thursday). Got home and went to Willing Workers. It was a small group but the speaker was good and we had fun working.

Friday I had the morning at home. Market Day at the school Alan’s kids go to was in the afternoon. So we went and “bought” from the three grandkids. Each glass makes something and then they sell it. Money goes to the classroom. Kids work on making change and things like that. We had our pizza and salads in the evening. And that brings us to today – at home – so nice. About to bake rolls next. BIL is still in hospital (going to nursing home to build strength hopefully Monday) so may go visit him tomorrow and see Derek’s house that’s in the Parade of homes and then it’s off to another full week.

Well, Isabella, I beat you this week so you’ll have plenty to read.

Sheryl, hope you are hanging in there.
    Continue to pray for you.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi all, it's been a crazy week here. This Friday was our installer appreciation day where we office personnel show our appreciation to all the field guys and all their hard work because without them none of us would have jobs. The managers wanted to serve them an "American" breakfast this year so I found a caterer that sounded good. Then several office staff man the buffet table and serve the installers. It turned out really nice. We had scrambled eggs, french toast casserole, pancakes, sausage, bacon, bagels, and cut fruit. Everyone enjoyed it. The production managers gave out some awards and had a raffle. The main prize was Padres tickets (baseball). Smaller prizes were tool boxes, tool belts and head lamps. I had to be at work at around 5am that day and still worked until 5:30pm although I could have left early if I wanted to. Saturday we did our usual shopping, etc but we also went to dinner to celebrate my raise. I chose Jersey Mike's subs. I didn't want anything fancy. I got a 3% raise which came to 65 cents more an hour. It certainly helps. Dan's birthday is this coming Sunday which also happens to be mother's day. He said he is depressed and does not want to celebrate. I hope he changes his mind.

Well Debora, yes, you are very busy as usual! Glad to hear from you. Sounds like you had some nice activities and some not so much. My bible study will be ending for the season at the end of May. I will miss it but it will be nice to have the break.

Take care and have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Good morning Sheryl.

Good morning Isabella, your breakfast for the installers sounds delicious and a lot of fun for everyone but that was a very long day for you. I had it in my head that your worked for an insurance company but I know that’s not so. What do the installers install. Congratulations on the raise. Every little bit helps.

Happy Birthday to Dan. I hope he feels like celebrating when tomorrow comes.
    This week has sped by. We got lots more rain – Tuesday night we got 5 inches which brought the creeks up. That doesn’t happen often. Fortunately we still had a way to get out and the sump pump did it’s job.

Last Monday I went to the orchestra concert. Jeremiah only played in one drum piece but it was a fun one. My BIL got moved to a nursing home finally and is making some good progress. He is up and walking again. Bored cause he doesn't like to watch TV or read. He is having some dementia problems but not as bad so that's all good.

Tuesday we had our Good News Club party. We had about 30 minutes outside before it started raining. But one of the teachers brought some good indoor games and kept the kids busy with them while a few of us roasted “broiled” the hot dogs and set everything out. 30 people in the house worked out amazingly well. Ralph and I left early to go to a band concert which was very good. I prefer band over orchestra myself. With Thomas being a senior he is not having a lot of lasts.

Wednesday I walked with my fiend but we ended up canceling Bible study since some couldn’t get out and other were dealing with water in their basements. 5 inches of rain overnight brought the creeks up along with showing water where it usually isn't. Our sump pump has worked hard. After we ate, we went to thriftstores. Ralph was looking for books and I was looking for a suitcase for the foreign exchange student who helped with Good News Club. Every place we went ha suitcases. I bought one and if it’s not the right size, I’ll use it. We visited my uncle and ate at Wendy’s. A full afternoon.

Thursday I went in to watch 2 for Lindsey and ended up watching 4 as the had gotten an emergency placement the day before. So I had a 9 month, a one year old, a 4 year old and an 8 year old and everyone’s name ended in the letter “n”. It all went okay. Then I ha the rest of the day at home. Sadly our Tivo quit so looking into getting it fixed. In the meantime I’m not watching any TV. Probably not a bad thing, but I’m missing the season endings of some shows. I did get Ralph’s hair cut finally. And during the evening, we realized we were out of propane – don’t need the furnace a lot but I do want hot water and dry clothes.

So Friday we called it in -didn’t come ill 5. We did our usual running around in the morning and I worked on getting the house straightened in the afternoon. Had our pizza and salads for supper.

Today we’re going to one graduation receptions and I’m going in to watch Lori’s two youngest for the evening. So working on finishing up stuff for tomorrow – think I just need to chop onions now – we’re having salsa chicken in tortilla (so I didn’t need to bake bread).:)

Have a great week.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning and Happy Mother's day!
    Debora, my company installs building insulation (walls, ceilings, and attics), rain gutters, garage doors, and fireplaces. We work on new and existing buildings both commercial and residential. Big tracts of homes and single homes as well.

Dan decided that we can celebrate his birthday next Saturday the 18th so we are going to our favorite Chinese restaurant called Chins. Jami and her husband Joe and our other friends Jackie and Ken are going to join us. Yay! :) We've had rain all week as well. Makes Dan very unhappy because he can't go outside and play. I went to the farmer's market yesterday morning at 8:00am. I met my friend and co-worker Paula there. She brought her new boyfriend (her husband was sick for a couple of years and passed away last year) so I got to meet him. I really like him and am so happy for her. It was not raining when we got there but started raining shortly after. The stalls had canopys though and I had an umbrella so we were fine. I went to sprouts afterward then home. It cleared up and was sunny in the afternoon so Dan and I got to sit outside and enjoy the day. Then clouds rolled back in and it rained again. Crazy weather!!! We've never had a May like this one. I will make Dan's favorite Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo for his birthday today.

Well, I'd better get going to church. Have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    Hi, today is turning out to be a fairly nice day. At least it's not raining. Dan and I are going to do our shopping early today because we are going to dinner tonight for his birthday to Chins. I'm really looking forward to it. I got a key lime pie from Trader Joe's and some whip cream for dessert back at the house. Other than that, nothing else too interesting going on. Jami and Joe are going on vacation to Prague and the surrounding areas at the end of the month so I'm hoping she can dye my hair next Sunday.Hopefully she'll have time. I'm going to pick up the house a bit and sweep the floors so the house at least looks "picked up" if/when people come over tonight. I'd better get started. Have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! So happy it is a 3 day weekend! And we are having sunshine yesterday and today! Yay! Life is good! :) We had a really nice time with everyone at dinner last week. Jami and Joe also came back to the house for dessert and conversation. Jackie and Ken had to get home to a new puppy.

Today I am meeting several friends from an old bible study group for lunch. Really looking forward to seeing them again. Later Dan and I will do our usual shopping, etc. Then tomorrow Jami will dye my hair. Monday we are planning to have hotdogs for memorial day. Today is my brother Joe's birthday. I'll go call him now and wish him a happy birthday.

Have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Hi, life went a little crazy since the last time I wrote. We did have our regular Sunday. Everyone enjoys Miexican so the salsa chicken was a hit. Monday was Bible study so was busy that day getting ready for it. I also decided to get the house straightened up from Sunday so I could enjoy it. Although some rooms do start slipping quickly. I think I had Tuesday (14th) at home which was nice.
    Wednesday was Bible Study. During Bible study, I got a phone call. My oldest sister had fallen (wind had knocked her off the back porch). She managed to get back into the house but did ot have her cell phone with her. She was found Wednesday morning and take to the hospital. Friday they found she had a fractured vertebrae. So they put a c-collar on her and flew her to Wichita. Sunday she had surgery on her neck and upper spine. It’s a miracle she wasn’t paralyzed before with all done to her. 4 ½ hours later she came out with 2 6 inch rods and 10 screws. Two sisters and Matthew and Julie waited with me during the surgery. Got to see her when she came out. Then I’ve gone back in every day – the first two days most of the day and then worked around my activities. It has been good to see the swelling go down in her fingers. She still has to be fed and has only taken one or two steps with help. But medically she is okay. Tomorrow she will hopefully be moving to skilled nursing with the idea of returning home in 4 or 5 weeks. Hopefully, she’ll improve quickly and get to where she can hold a phone and maybe I won’t feel I need to go in as much.
    We’ve also gone to Jeremiah’s 8th grade promotion. Thomas’s graduation party (beautiful evening) and graduation (very rainy night). I got the poster ready for meal for Bible School teachers and any other have-to things that came up. Have not been doing a lot at home but stay up with laundry and dishes. I also had a brother-in-law in the hospital for about 10 day before this happened with my sister so went up to see him and my sister a couple of times. They are now at the nursing home about 10 miles away and working toward going home.
    So that’s the short version of why I haven’t written lately.

Isabella, sounds like you are having some lovely times. Thanks for telling me about the company you work for. Glad you had so much fun with Dan’s birthday. And a nice memorial day weekend.

I hear Dan on the rain. We have had lots and lots of it. Driven through more water than we should to get home a couple of times. It has poured hard and long. We are already like 12 inches ahead for the year.

Sheryl, if you ever get a chance even to read - know that I continue to pray for you.
  • isyvanek
    Our lunch last Saturday was really nice. Lot's of catching up to do. We're going to try and get together more often so maybe we'll get together for breakfast in August. Taking it easy today. Looking up things to do when my friend Grace comes to visit for a week on June 17th. We will do our usual shopping etc very soon then more relaxing. :) I'll hopefully fit reading my book in there somewhere. I'm reading a book by Lee Child called Never Go Back with his character Jack Reacher. It is quite the page turner.

Debora, Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she is up and around again soon. I can see why you've been so occupied. I'll keep her and your brother in Law in my prayers.

Have a great week!
  • arobed53
    I’ll try and sneak here today. We are at Wendy’s last Sunday which was fun and I got another mother’s day gift – a chocolate boquet (which did not last long but was delicious). We went up and visited my sister. Weekend in the hospital – she was being lazy and laying around in bed. Monday I again spent most of the day with Barb jus so she wouldn’t be along. We were positive she would be moving on Tuesday so I told her I’d be up first thin in the morning. So I was but she didn’t. The home did not get all they needed to make a decisions. I fed my sister all thee of her meals, read my book, and visited with her when she wasn’t resting. She was finally able to have a bowel movement again so she is sure it’s because I had been giving her three prunes a day and that’s what she does at home.
    Wednesday morning I really wanted to go to Bible study so I gave the case-worker my number and asked her to call when she knew something. She called at 10 and said they were moving her at noon. Another one of my sisters was up to see her (she’s the one with the husband in the nursing home) and my younger sister goes my but not for long. So….. I got there around 11 and the driver was there at 12. They were trying another new neck brace (she is small and has a short neck) This one is foam so is more comfortable. I thought they would have to dress her but sent her in a hospital gown. Moving at that time means she missed lunch. But she got settled at the nursing home, was looked over, OT came in to assess her. Lots went on – just the ride over was tiring though. I stayed through supper and helped her eat.

Thursday I worked my Arlene and we got beads in the containers for more necklaces. When I got to my sister’s, I learned she had had ot and pt and fed herself both meals. Friday we went and did out town errands. We ate, then delivered some eggs, visited uncle and then sister. I sat with her while she ate. She di a good job of feeding herself. We went to Jeremiah’s ball game with they won by the run rule so we were headed home by 8. Today I got the house straightened, and food stuff ready. Found out just Jim and Lori’s family will be here. Fixing hamurgers and hot dogs so should have leftover but that will be nice with my being gone so much. After lunch we went to a 50th anniversary celebration and then to see sister. She seemed a bit discouraged today. This is a lot of work. The home she’s in is very nice and she is getting good care bu something they tell her (not big things) don’t happen. The dining hall does not have enough room to get wheel chairs around easily. And since I don’t drink, it seems strange to have someone coming around offering wine. Tonight is just relaxing. We are to get our TIVO back Monday – very ready as I can find shows to watch but missing ones we’d like to see. 😊

Isabella, glad you are getting to relax today some. Good to get together with friends. It's nice to have a regular time to do the shopping. I like it. Enjoy the upcoming week. We've had two days without rain and lots of sunshine.
  • arobed53
    Good morning. We’ve made it through another week. I was in the nursery for the Community Bible School each morning. I would get there a little before 8 and leave a little before 12. We had between 3-6 kids each day. Monday my helper forgot to come but it all went fine. Thursday I was only there an hour so I could go to an appointment with my sister. I thought it all went well but it is hours away from home. So in the afternoon I would go see my sister. Two nights we (or I ) went to baseball games. I had Thomas and Paige (grandkids) here for meals a couple of times and Paige for an afternoon. And our ac went out last Monday so warmer in the house but for just the two of us, we made it. He thinks it’s just a fan so trying to find someone with a box fan cause he thinks he can get it going. I’ve already told the kids we are going to McDonalds so will fight for that if needed. Haven’t done a thing to the house and plan to be gone this afternoon.

Next week is our church’s Bible School. My job for it was to line up the noon meal for the married teachers. Paige pans to stay here even thought I’ve told her we might be going to see my sister etc. although I may try to go some in the morning. I didn’t go see my uncle this week and now I found out he has another infection (happens when you have a catheter). He has an appointment Monday to see about getting a special kind put in which would be better. I said I wouldn’t go but am now thinking I should so trying to figure out how to make that work. I could tell Paige she could come after 4-H. I’ll see. I tried calling and his phone must not be near him. Anyway, he didn’t answer.

Sister is doing okay. Doctor’s office told us again that it’s amazing she wasn’t paralyzed as messed up as it was when they did surgery. But she still has to be willing to put in the work to get better. So I have to figure out how to encourage. Yesterday was the first day I did not go visit since she has been flown up here.

I keep up with laundry and dishes. We’ve eaten out more, I finally go to some phone calls etc., don’t get so worked up about my steps and we’re all surviving. Ralph’s fibromalygia is acting up more or something’s going on so it seems like he’s “grumpier”. His phone is always doing things that bug him. I had him show me some of the things today and they weren’t that big of things to me. But they mess with his mind I guess. But he has to show me. He can’t just tell me. We got our TIVO back last Monday and are really enjoy that. Hopefully we get quite a few more years out of it. I would have liked to have update but will be ok this way. Need to find a certain charger so Ralph can watch more TV back in his room. I’ll get to it eventually.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! Wow Debora, you sure have A LOT going on! Even more than usual. Sounds like your sister is doing better and that the Lord really protected her from being paralyzed. I didn't know Ralph has fibromyalgia. That is very painful and tiring. My good friend Grace who is coming for a visit on June 17th has that. I think men get grumpier as they get older anyway. My hubby sure is. :) As you say, things but them that we think are not that big of a deal. I'm going to start cleaning my house this weekend and finish next weekend so we'll be ready for Grace's visit. At first Dan was anxious about her coming but he seems to be feeling better about it now. I've been on line looking for things we may want to do while she is here. I took 3 1/2 days off of work so I can spend the time with her. It will be nice having the time off but I'm already stressing about the work that will be piling up while I'm out. I have to try not to think about it and just enjoy myself! Other than that, it is the usual shopping and probably watch a movie tonight. We are having a hard time finding some summer shows that we want to watch. Oh, well, well figure it out.

Have a great week!
  • isyvanek
    It is REALLY annoying that we can't edit our posts any more! I meant to say things bug them not things but them when talking about our hubbys. Sheesh!!
  • isyvanek
    Hello. It's been a busy week. We've had temps in the mid to high 80's but this week is supposed to cool down about 5 degrees or so. This would have been the Saturday for our free library concert but they are not doing them anymore for now because the librarian who was running it transferred and they have no one else who wants to be in charge of it. :( I went to the farmer's market this morning and it was BUSY! Took a long time just to find a parking space and all I wanted was some fresh fish for when my friend Grace comes to stay with us this week. She will get here Monday night and leave Saturday night. It will be great to see her. We've known eachother since 3rd grade and at this age, that is a long time! :) I'm trying to think of what activities she might enjoy. Fun but not too taxing. Dan and I went to Jersey Mike's for sub sandwiches when I got back from the farmers market. They were really good and I had earned enough points for 1 free sub. Then we did our usual shopping. Now I'm going to do laundry, sweep, and vacuum and I should be all set for our guest.

Hope all is well with you. Have a great week!
  • arobed53
    Isabella, I bet you've been having a fabulous week with G. Can't wait to hear about it. Been doing a lot of the same here. Going to see my sister almost every day (have missed three days), going to some of the grandkids ball games, babysitting, having grands stay off and on during our Bible School. Going each day at the end of Bible School to watch the skit whether I had anyone to pick up or not. Trying to keep up with the basics at home. Sister was doing better so the home was able to keep her one more week. Working with her getting out of bed by herself. She'll still need help but I think she'll keep improving if she'll work at it. Uncle has not done as well. He has another infection but they are treating it. The plan is for us to take Barb home this Friday. It's a 5 hour drive.. We planned to stay the night but I remembered Ralph has a poultry meeting he wants to go to so we may turn right around and come home. I have enjoyed spending time with my sister but, selfishly, I'm ready for her to get back with her friends. It will be good for both of us (although I may or may not see her again).
    Making a list of what I need to work on this week. I know it will speed by.
  • arobed53
    Hope all is well. We did take my sister back to Elkhart yesterday. She not in her house yet. They want to observe her there. She has come a long ways so I hope she can go home. Her right side is stronger. She got along with her walker when we traveled. I think getting back with her friends will encourage her too. We left our house at 7 to get her at 8 but didn't get away till 9. We got home a little after 11. We really only had to stop twice on the way so it all went very well. She had some things she wanted me to get from her old place. They don't quite have her trail of blood cleaned up. With the distance between us I may not see her again but I know she's in the right place. We have to return the walker we borrowed (she had one back home) but will do that during the week. Ralph went to a poultry meeting today so I'm doing things slowly. We're going to take the kids out again. Then I don't have to push so hard today. We'll get back in the groove again. :) My uncle is not doing well so set him up with hospice this week. First time I wasn't sure if he knew me. Trying to get hold of his sons' numbers so can tell them. County fair is coming up in about 3 weeks. And I hope to get back to doing things on the house. I'm too far away to help do anything with Barb's place but can hopefully get rid of more here.

This next week includes the start of a crown repair, Bible Study, nothing big for the fourth and settling back in. Hope to get back to walking more steps also. I've missed it but it just didn't fit in well.
  • isyvanek
    Good afternoon Debora! Had a great time with Grace. We took things easy Tuesday. Did some shopping and got pedicures. Went out to dinner to our favorite Chinese restaurant Chin's. Wednesday we took a train up the coast to the Mission San Juan Capistrano (where the swallows fly back to). It was a beautiful mission and we found a coupon for a free guided tour in a city map we picked up so all we had to pay was the admission for the Mission. The train ride was great too. Thursday we took a 2 hour harbor cruise and did more shopping. Friday we had lunch with Jami at her house then Grace and I drove to a little town in the hills called Julian (elevation 4000ft). We had some apple pie (Julian is famous for their apple pie) and toured an old goldmine. It was interesting and fun. Saturday Grace and Jami and I went to Torrey Pines state beach. We walked along the beach, picked up some shells, and sat on a blanket on the sand and talked about everything and nothing. That night Grace, Dan and I ate at a Thai restaurant. We took Grace to the airport at 8:30pm.

Needless to say, I had a lot of work waiting for me when I went back to work on Monday. Over 100 emails. I was able to go in to work yesterday, Saturday, so I was finally able to get somewhat caught up. I worked 7 1/2 hours of overtime. Now I won't feel so overwhelmed.

I don't remember but I think I mentioned that I had to get braces to move my bottom teeth back a bit so they can repair my front top tooth. Well, this is my second set so far. They take some getting used to but things are going better. It is at least a 6 month commitment so I'd better get used to it!

Debora, glad to hear that your sister is doing better and that you got to spend some time with her. Sorry that things aren't going so well for your uncle.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning! Hope you had a great 4th of July. Ours was very relaxing. We ate lunch at Outback Steakhouse because we had a gift certificate. We had hamburgers. They were underdone - like medium rare but we ate them anyway. Dan was not happy. Then we came home and hung out for a while then watched a Hallmark movie. It was pretty good. Walked outside at 9pm to watch the fireworks from our front yard. They were really good this year.

I took Friday off from work for a nice 4 day weekend. We went to the movies (again, I had a gift certificate) to see a movie called "Yesterday". It was very enjoyable. It is about a situation where the entire world forgets that the Beatles ever existed except for one struggling musician who then starts playing their music and everyone loves it. It takes off from there. Very funny and entertaining. I highly recommend it.

Today we will do all our grocery shopping and probably eat out. Then tomorrow I'll go to Jami's house and she will dye my hair. It should be a very nice weekend.

I forgot to mention that we are eating out so much because I fell at work on Monday and badly sprained my left wrist. I am left handed so am not able to do much. That includes slicing and dicing. The hand is much better already but the wrist is still painful. I did not go to the doctor. I figured he's only going to tell me to do what I am already doing - icing it, wrapping it and resting it. Beside, we have a good record at work of no accidents and I refuse to be the person who ruins it for everyone!

Also, if you heard about the earthquakes this week, we are fine. We felt it a little bit but they were in the desert pretty far from us.

Hope all is going well at your end of the world. Have a great rest of your week.
  • arobed53
    Isabella, your week of fun sounds wonderful – lots of different activities, not rushed, time to talk, time to relax, things Dan did, things with Jami and time for just the two of you. Who could ask for anything more. And you knew it would be busy when you got back so at least was prepared. Glad they let you work overtime to get closer to caught up. That will make a nice paycheck.
    I don’t remember you talking about the braces. That’s a long commitment. Hope you can get used to them quickly. 😊

My week sped by. Monday I had at home – all day long. Last time that had happened was early May. Tuesday I got my crown started. We returned the walker my sister had borrowed from the Nursing home to get home, visited Matthew’s grandmother who was in there for rehab. (Climbing on ladders in your 70s is not always good to do. She fell and broke her leg). We also visited uncle. He gave one word answers but activity wise is doing little. I decided to bring home his mail and his phone. I told him I’d bring it back but don’t see him using it again. One thing I want to check on next time is what happened to his recliner. We could sit in it when there. We ate at Wendy’s and then went to the All Star Game. Derek and kids came too. We watched the home run part and then they said we all had to leave for 15 minutes cause there was lightning 6 miles away. Well, we all went to Braums for about an hour. Derek decided just to take the kids and go home. We went back. Game was in first inning. We stayed for about half the game. 10 is plenty late for us.
    Wednesday morning was Bible Study. Wednesday evening was Willing Workers with a very good speaker. She spoke longer than most so lots of work got done. Thursday morning I worked with friend on wordless book bracelets. She kept some to work on during the week. Someday we’ll catch up – I hope. The rest of the day I started straightening the house and gearing up for Sunday. Friday morning was errands and then home. Got the rest of the house done – except for Ralph’s stuff.
    Have been home all day today too. Derek came out this morning with a trailer and we loaded up Uncle’s van – 1994 Dodge Van – not in great shape. In fact, today it would only go in reverse but Alan had no trouble driving it and backing it on the trailer. Derek took it to a salvage yard and we got $131. Not a lot but will go on what’s owed at the nursing home. Now if I can get his oil share sold. I would sell mine to – that turned into a joke. I baked dinner rolls – haven’t done that for a couple of months – baked brownies, cut up pineapple, wrapped three Christmas gifts I finally found and other things.
    Decided I should let Uncle’s boys know we have set up with hospice. July 3rd may have not been the best day. I heard back from one right away. They both live in the Wichita area but have not seen their dad in probably 2 years. The one was about 3 hours away and said he’s estranged from his dad but would want to see him before he died. I said he wasn’t that close to death but just wanted to inform them. I haven’t heard back from the other brother. But I think the one will come see him next week. So I’m getting pictures and things I think he might want together. Keeps life interesting.
    Well, thanks for listening to my ramblings.
  • isyvanek
    Hi Debora, you have a lot going on as usual. Crazy that your uncle's recliner disappeared. I'll be curious as to what they say about it. Good that you called his sons. Too bad they are estranged but glad his son wants to see him before he goes.

Not too much going on here. Temps are in the high 80's to low 90's this week. Not too bad for July. My wrist is doing better. I can use it somewhat. Maybe another week or 2 will be enough for me to really be able to use it. I have to remember not to do too much too soon. We did our usual grocery shopping today and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A. We really like their sandwiches. Had a side salad too that we shared. Will do some reading now and then we'll probably watch a movie we have recorded later.

Take care and talk to you soon.