Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hi Isabella, our temps are running about the same here. I'm very thankful for air conditioning. Somehow I missed reading about your wrist. Glad it is healing and it's easy to let someone else do the cooking for us. We enjoy Chick-Fil-A sandwiches also - that's our fancy eating out. Glad you enjoy movies together. We did for awhile - now Ralph is not so interested (coupon we used to get is gone). Are you staying caught up at work now? Very thankful the earthquake didn't affect you.

This week was busy in different ways. Monday was our 4-H tour and swim party. Chances of rain during the day made me wonder what would happen but the rain passed by and we had a great evening. The kids who showed things did a good job, the one who fixed the main dishes did a fabulous job and then the array of desserts made it hard to choose. We were at a home so the 4-hers were the only ones swimming. That's one evening when I had time to visit.

Tuesday evening we went to Lucy's last two volleyball games and then won the last one - very exciting for them. Wednesday Ralph had a 3 hour stress test which only took two hours. We ate (cause he had to quit eating at 5 am) and then went to see Uncle. He seemed not very responsive to me but they say he is eating well when they feed him. Thursday Ralph had an Echo and then we saw cardiologist. Heart is doing decently okay. But now we have to choose who to go to next as this one is retiring. Boo Hoo. Friday I shopped by myself and Ralph went to a funeral for the guy who used to pick up our eggs (when Ralph had lots more chickens). His pullets have started laying so more eggs - have sent them to CEF camps the last two weeks. Friday evening we were with friends who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Today was the start of fair activities with the Fashion Revue judging and show. Two of the grands were in it. It was Paige's 1st time and she cried but did talk to the judge. She did fine when she had to walk in front in the public one. Lucy did okay too. When it was done, I hurried back to church for a bridal shower for a girl I've known all her life. We're even thinking of going to Arkansas for her wedding. I planned a simple meal for dinner tomorrow - frozen lasagna, french bread, BBQ green beans, fruit cocktail and purchased cookies. Only drawback is I'm using the oven so the AC will have to work harder. Four of Lori's kids are gong to camp next week so want to get a letter ready for them and we're taking a load of books to KC Monday so need to get things out for it. Not going to slow down any.

Have a great week.

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Good morning Debora, Sounds like it was a busy week but a good week. Hope you're not getting hit by that heat wave they are talking about on the news. We are having temps in the low 90's this week. Still good for this time of year. My brother Joe said it was supposed to be 100 degrees in NJ yesterday. With their high humidity it must have been awful! He only has 1 little window air conditioner in his bedroom so not much relief for him. He is very depressed and unhappy and unhealthy. I just can't get him to do what he needs to do to take better care of himself and the house. I can't make myself too crazy over it.

Today our bible study girls are getting together for lunch at a mexican restaurant called Mi Guadalajara. We are on hiatus for the summer so it will be really nice to see everyone. Then later Dan and I will do our usual shopping, etc. I don't mind being creatures of habit. :) I've been keeping our meals very simple and cool as much as possible. I won't cook today and I plan on making scrambled eggs for dinner tomorrow. It's nice to have breakfast for dinner sometimes.

Sounds like your 4H meeting was fun. Always nice to have time to visit. The fashion show sounds like it was really neat. I would imagine it was really cute to see the girls in it. Good to hear that Ralph's heart is doing OK. I think it is really special that you write letters for the kids that are going to camp. That is something they will cherish their whole lives. Did you ever find out what happened to your uncle's recliner?

Well, take care and have a great week. Stay cool! :)
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Hi Debora and Isabella, I think of you two every day, but don't seem to get over here to let you know. I told myself that I have to come by and say something before I start lunch. This will be short, but I needed to log in, it's been way far too long.

Been a tough few months, more aggressive chemo as knocked me off my feet, literally, one of the side effects is neuropathy in hands and feet, makes it hard to get things done. But, my latest CT scan shows more improvement regarding fighting the cancer so I can deal with the side effects.

I am so thankful that you two are still here and I trust that I can read some comments later and get caught up with some of your activities. I'll write more later too. I love you both and thanks for your prayers and support even when I'm not showing up here regularly. I sure hope that I can change that and pop in more often.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, we had a change in plan...Norma and her John are on an extended vacation, taking the motor home all across the country. They were scheduled to stop by here today and stay til Tuesday, but they had muffler problems on the road and skipped some stops and arrived here last Monday. The RV went in for repair and they have stayed with us all week, we're having a great time. Norma had worked so much mowing my lawns and got me caught up with a lot of yard work and then yesterday we took the Columbia River Gorge Scenic drive and today we're going to the Coast. I'm exhausted but thrilled to have this fun break in our routine. Tomorrow, Norma and her John will take off to visit some of Norma's college friends and my John and I will stay home. Sunday, we're getting together with Carol and Larry and then Monday, we're meeting up with Brent, Beth and the kids at the Oregon Zoo. The RV should be ready to go on Tuesday and they will be back on their vacation schedule. Headed to Grants Pass to visit all our cousins there.

I think my coffee is ready, well, I'm pouring myself a mug even if the pot is not finished dripping.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning all!

Sheryl, SO great to hear from you! I think about you everyday too! And continue to pray. I was going to email you soon to check in on you. Wonderful to hear the treatment seems to be working and the CT scan showed improvement! Also very happy to hear that Norma and John are visiting and helping and you are getting to have a break in your routine and have some fun! How are the temperatures where you are?

Debora, I know you're busy as always. Hope you're staying cool.

Our bible study group lunch was really good last week. The food was decent and we had a really great time. We even had a gal join us who we hadn't seen in quite some time. It was really good to see her. Today will be our usual shopping and watching a recorded movie, etc. I still don't want to cook so I may buy some chicken salad and make sandwiches for dinner.

My wrist is doing MUCH better. Just a tad sore when I make certain movements and I still can't lift as much weight as before but that will all improve with time.

Ok, I'd better get going. Have a blessed week ladies!
  • arobed53
    Hello, wow it’s been awhile since I’ve written. No good reason except I didn’t take the time. I can say I was busy but you make time for what you want. We had our County Fair the 19th through the 25th and I did go to it every day. I also fit in lunch with a friend. At the fair I was superintendent for crochet/knitting, helped get ribbon money ready to hand out, worked in the concession stand with my club, watched the hog show and more. The 25th in the morning was clean-up and then I stayed and helped hand out ribbon money and buyers cards. Then I went to the grocery store and home. I watched Alan’s kids for a couple hours and then that evening was our Missions Banquet at church. The missionary was an excellent speaker, the food was good. We also provide activities for the children and I lined up babysitters for those 4 and under – had 10 kids watching around 35-40 kids. They worked hard. I was there as kids came and were picked up and helped a bit when I took the babysitter meals down. That night Lori’s girls came home with us (Jim and Lori had their 20th so wanted a weekend away). The boys stayed on their own. It was fun but I didn’t get to take it easy after the fair like I usually do. The girls helped me make the rolls and the salad and the cake cause Sunday was when everyone came to eat and celebrate the July birthdays and we had 6 to celebrate.

This week I watched Alan’s kids one afternoon. He asked me if I would try to do it once a week so they can have some time without the kids. They are homeschooling three of them. I hope it goes better than the last time she did it. But I’ll support as I can. We went to visit my Uncle. He was able to use his hands better and we were able to visit. A volunteer gave him a haircut – short but looks good and will last. He has one leg he has been refusing to straighten so now it’s starting to stay that way. It’s good to see this rally but don’t know how long it will last. One of his sons finally visited him. I don’t the my uncle remembers he came so hope it was good for the sun.

Our oldest son keeps a baseball player for a summer team so we went and watched that team last night in the National Baseball Conference. They played the team who won last year. They lost but the score was 1-0 so it was hard fought all the way. We had rain the night before so it had cooled down and was a wonderful evening. Tonight we’re going to a play about the Orphan Train start – we know some of the actors so that’s why Ralph is willing to go.

Isabella, glad your Bible Study group could get together for just a fun time. And great to include someone you haven’t seen for awhile. Wonderful that your wrist is better. Did it slow you down much at work.

Sheryl, so wonderful to hear from you. I tried to call you once but didn’t get to talk to you. So sorry the chemo has hit you so hard but good to hear it is helping. Yes, neuropathy is not fun. I’ve had carpel tunnel (I think) and a friend loaned me a brace and slowly it is doing much better and some days I don’t notice an tingling. I never would have thought about using a brace but I was trying now to have to go to the doctor so was successful that way. And it’s great that Norma and John could spend some time with you. Great that they could help with things but I’m sure the visiting and time together was so very welcome and good for everyone. So fun to see things going well for Norma.
    I too continue to pray for you and would love to have you be able to drop in more but know that if you can’t, it means I need to pray more.

Until the next time. Off to eat my sandwich and go to the play.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning!

It has been hot and muggy off and on here this week. It is "monsoon season" which here in San Diego area simply means that we get a lot of humidity. The rains are typically only in the mountain areas. Still can't complain too much compared to what weather is like in other states. It should cool down a couple of degrees after Tuesday.

Dan and I did our usual grocery shopping and watched a movie. He was not in a very good mood. He is very upset about the mass shooting in TX. I just don't understand why this nation can't ban assault weapons. The simple answer is that they don't want to. Dan says they obviously want us all to kill eachother. I can't argue. He is also upset because some beach areas in San Diego have "unstable" cliffs with warning signs to stay away from the cliffs but people get complacent or don't understand the extent of the danger. One of the cliffs collapsed Friday without warning and 3 people were buried under the rocks and dirt and died. So sad.

Wow Debora, you were busier than usual if that is possible. Sounds like some fun in there also though. No, my wrist didn't slow me down too much at work. I have been asking people to lift heavy things for me though and I have been asking one of the girls to water the plants for me since I can't lift the watering can.

Well, I have to get going to church. Have a blessed week ladies!
  • sannferris
    Good Morning. Guess who I have sleeping in my guest bedroom? Nancy is here and she brought Elizabeth (now 13 years old) and her little brother Eric (6 years old). Elizabeth was here 8 years ago when she was 5 and Nancy and I have been talking about another trip for a very long time. It has finally happened. Nancy wanted Eric to have the same experience that Elizabeth had, seeing chickens, ducks, geese and llamas. Since both Nancy and I aren't "hiking" these days, (sometimes barely walking), we'll probably forego the typical tourist stuff like hiking to Multnomah Falls and Mount St. Helens and stay around home and they will help me with more "chores". They will have the farm experience and go back to the city next week and start school.

Everyone is still in bed, so I'm trying to be quiet and came to the computer this morning. I must admit that many mornings I flip on the tv and sit with my coffee over there instead of coming by here. John usually gets up shortly after me and sometimes before me, so I don't have my morning me time very often anymore.

So good to read your comments and see what you are up to...very busy. We have our county fair going on this week. If Nancy and I feel up to walking, maybe that will be a fun thing to do one day. We had record heat over the weekend and Monday, in the mid 90's, but now it has cooled down, we should be high 70's into the 80's the rest of the week. That will be nice weather to work outside.

I need to upload my camera into the computer and share some photos with you. Some of the work that Norma and John helped me with and then I'll also take pictures of Elizabeth and Eric with the help they give me in finishing the project. I'm putting canvas covers over some of the stalls out back. The structures are up thanks to Norma and John, now the canvas has to go over them. I need extra hands to get them up and John is no longer helpful in that way. I used to be able to talk him through a project, but now, he doesn't understand what I'm trying to say to him. I blame the dementia and hope that it's not that I can't explain myself anymore. Well, maybe a little of both. I think I'm explaining clearly but John doesn't comprehend.

I hear stirring in the other rooms, so I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee and see who gets up for the aroma.
  • arobed53
    Hi, you guys both seem a little warmed. We jump around. We got rain on Tuesday so that cooled it down. We went to two baseball games. One was very muggy and the other was a nice evening to be out. My walking partner was on vacation this week which was nice. We had several later nights and I don’t always get up as well. Or need a nap. Had a nice visit with uncle – when we left he was even feeding himself his pureed food. He did ask or his phone so I’ll take it next week. He is doing better (which is good). Today our son Alan and there of the kids came over and mowed the lawn – even did some weed eating and pulled the unwanted vine that is hard to kill off he house. They were probably here two hours. I finished baking the rolls while they were here so gave the kids each a small one. Talked to my sister Barb. She enjoyed her outing this week and it went well. Hopes to home in the next month. Baking the brownies now. We’ll have the rest of our pizza and salads for supper. Tomorrow afternoon a guy that works with our son Derek is coming over with his family. He has a few chickens and needs chicken feed plus wants to show his son Ralph’s set-up. Monday is 4-H so you can guess what I’ll spend the day doing.

Isabella, sorry Dan gets so upset over the shootings. I don’t like them either and don’t understand why things are the way they are. That is horrible about the cliffs. People always think it won’t happen to me.
    What movie did you watch? I’m sure you had no trouble getting people to help you cause you are willing to help others when you can. I’m sure you like knowing it’s better.

Sheryl, so cool on all your company. What a fun time for the kids and you can adapt the visit to make it comfortable for all. So wonderful to have the help to finish the structures. That will help with shade for the llamas I assume. Sorry John can’t assist you now. Good that it still works for the two of you to be at home. My sister was glad to get her husband back home. She has to stay with him almost all he time but he does better at home.

The brownies are smelling really good so must be almost done. Will send this off and go take care of them.
  • isyvanek
    Good morning ladies,

I took the day off Friday and it was nice. I went to visit my friend Teri who has the emotional issues and brought her some groceries. It was a nice visit. Then on Saturday I visited with my co-worker and friend Paula. We went to the farmer's market in Little Italy then shopped at a few grocery stores in that area. Then had lunch. We had a really nice time. Later Dan and I did our usual Saturday stuff. It was a nice weekend!

Sheryl, so glad Nancy and the young ones are there visiting and helping. Sounds like a very special time together! I bet the llama's will be very happy to have the shade. Hope you had a good birthday!

Debora, happy that your uncle is doing better and that your sister enjoyed her outing. Also nice that Alan's kids came over and helped with some yard work.

Have a great week!
  • sannferris
    Good Morning. My company is gone, we dropped them off at the Portland Airport last night, 6 pm, and got an email at 9:30 pm that they had arrived home safely. Karen said that "Eric has grown a foot and his voice is lower, Lizzie seems so much more grown-up now. How can all that happen in just a week?" Nancy said that the kids showed no sign of being homesick while they were here, but got home and were hugging and jumping and laying all over their parents, and then, more hugging and loves.
    Those kids are fantastic kids, I was so amazed that with that age difference 13 and 6 (although Eric will be 7 in two weeks), they are best friends and get along so well and help and care for each other in the most magnificent way. I was never that close to my sister until about 10 years ago. They were hard workers and really helped me a lot. I apologized for not doing all the typical tourist things since it wasn't possible for me or Nancy to do much walking for any length of time, but the kids didn't care, they wanted the "farm" experience. I had them mow and drive the tractor and fix fence and groom the llamas. Hard work and they loved it. In between, we rested and played table games and card games. We all had great fun.

I'm back, I started this early and then John got up and I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised that my comment is still here, Yay. I better post this and come back later.
  • arobed53
    Hello, another busy week. Monday was 4-H so spent part of the time getting ready for it. We went early to the local nursing home and showed our fair projects. Then we had pizza together and our program. Ralph came over to eat pizza. Tuesday I had a periodontist appointment. I went by myself and then took Jeremiah shopping for a bookbag (8th grade graduation). It didn’t take long cause he wanted one like his brother got 4 years ago and we found it but he got a blue one. He said Thomas’ has holes in it so they could have told them apart if both would have been black. Then we tried out Andy’s custard and I came home.
    Wednesday was Bible study – we finished our book. A new one is on order but we’re going to go to a baker about 30 minutes away next week and then take a week off. Our next study will be on I Peter. That afternoon we went to visit my uncle. I took his phone but it was in my purse only to come out if he asked for it and he did. I don’t think he can make calls and if someone calls, he is not easy to understand but it is his phone. Then we checked out a new thrift store and ate at Chick-Fil-A and then to Krispy Kreme for a special donut celebrating a day ahead for our 44th wedding anniversary.
    Thursday I worked at church. I’m beginning to think we’ll never catch up on the bracelets so I should try and do some of them at home. Next week we’re going to do Sunday School papers. The friend would be willing to work an extra half hour but am I. In the evening we went to a field day – the food was really good. We left when they went to look at the corn and soybeans. I also heard that day that Alan’s dog died. They don’t know what happened but I know it’s sad at their house. They had had her for about a year and a half.
    Friday was the usual errands and the rest of the day at home. And today I have been home all day. I’ve baked the rolls, made jello, baked the cake, working on putting the gits in bags and whatever else needs to be done. Ralph went and met went and met with two men from Kenya this afternoon and then was going to a couple of bookstores. We’ll eat whenever he comes home. It’s a salad and the rest of the pizza. Tomorrow all the kids will be here – 4 birthdays to celebrate this month and we can’t say anything but the adults know that this is probably Blessin’s last Sunday here. Sad to think about after watching her grow for 16 months.

Sheryl, sorry Nancy and the kids are gone but wonderful that so much got done and a good time was had by all. A six year old hanging in there that well is amazing. They didn’t come to be tourists. Blessing you was much more fun. Enjoy having you slip in for a quick visit whenever you get a chance.

Isabella, glad you had another three day weekend. You always find fun things to do. You and Dan have some routine things you do each week just like Ralph and I.
  • isyvanek
    Hi ladies, it's been a busy weekend. My old bible study friend who I haven't seen in a while had an extra ticket to the "San Diego Pops Symphony Orchestra on the Bay" and asked me to go with her. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was music from Rogers & Hammerstein broadway plays. 2 famous broadway actors were also there and sang several songs from some of the plays they were in along with the orchestra. Very enjoyable. They were 2nd row seats which were $98 but she would not let me give her any money (thank God because I couldn't afford it!) so I at least paid the $20 for parking. We had a really nice time catching up and the music was wonderful! Dan and I did our usual grocery shopping before I went to the show. Today I went to Jami's so she could dye my hair and we watched a chick flick called Wine Country. It was enjoyable. Now I'm doing a couple loads of laundry and prepping food for the week at work.

Sheryl, wonderful to hear from you. Wonderful that the young ones were so sweet and helpful and enjoyed the farm experience and helping you. Playing table games and cards sounds so fun also! so happy for you!

Debora, Happy anniversary!! Glad it was nice. Sorry to hear that Blessin' will probably be leaving you all soon. I hope the Lord blesses her future and gives you all peace as you say goodbye.

Have a great week!
  • sannferris
    Good Morning...A VERY Good Morning. I had another CT scan last Tuesday and saw the doctor yesterday. The only sign of cancer is the lesion on my liver and it is half the size that it was 3 months ago. Praise The Lord. I am so blessed. It is just a "sliver" according to the report. My oncologist has referred me to a specialist that deals with liver and I will undergo "Liver Directed Therapy" next. He said that entails a catheter up through the groin to pin point and burn the lesion. My oncologist doesn't want me on a chemo drug that effects my whole body when they can direct the therapy to the only spot left. I am counting my blessings and thanking God, because I have so many side effects that I hope will be eliminated very soon. I am waiting for the phone call to make the appointment for the specialist. Thank you both again for all your prayers, I KNOW that God heard you and answered. I am comforted by so many supporters and Christian friends and family that uphold me in prayer. I am planning on getting that long awaited email update sent to everyone.

On a little sadder note, John is getting worse. We had our first episode of "night terrors" the other night. He saw things that weren't there and got very frustrated that I couldn't see them. Grass growing out of the ceiling. He laid in bed grasping up at thin air, thinking that he could pick the grass. He got up and looked out the window and saw tigers in the yard. He grabbed the flashlight and was out the door before I knew it. By the time I got enough clothes on to go outside, he was out in the pasture. This was at 2 am. I managed to get him back into the house and in bed, but I couldn't sleep anymore. I definitely need to get some in-home care. Nancy said I need it more for myself even more than for John. I am going to need some "me time" desperately before I go "crazy". Right now, John and I are together 24/7, I never leave him. My hesitation is will John get along with whoever I bring into our home. Such a difficult decision.

It's a beautiful day today and I hope we can do more outside, take advantage of our good weather.

Debora, you are busier than ever, sounds like you never slow down. I must admit, I am enjoying retirement and that things are slowed down. Even if I were not sick, I think I'd like this new lifestyle. When I go to appointments and drive by seeing people out mowing lawns, I comment to John about how thankful I am that I don't have to go out to do that everyday anymore, but I still enjoy working outside in my own yard when I feel up to it. Mowing the lawn is a lot more fun than housework. So sad about Alan's family losing their dog. That is always so hard to take since pets really do become family members.
    I know you will miss Blessin, another difficult situation. When I was growing up, my Uncle Paul and his wife fostered several kids and, even to this day, I wonder what happened to them and how they are doing. They were with our family for a short time but made a lasting impact.

Isabella, your evening out to the concert sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had the chance to reconnect with an old friend and have great entertainment also.

Well, I'm going to call Norma and tell her about my good news, she should be home from her morning appointment by now.
  • arobed53
    We are enjoying a cloudy, cooler day – only up to 80. It’s a festival day in the one small town so I’m sure people have been at more of the activities. Our 4-H club had a float in the parade but I decided they would do fine without me. I went to a training session for CEF which was enjoyable to – especially the lunch at the end.
    There is a talent show this evening and we’ll go watch it. Our puppet team from church is a part of it and I have three grandchildren that help with it.

I took a friend in for her colonoscopy on Monday. While she was having it done, I enjoyed readying and cut strings we use for our bracelets. She told me where to go for gas and going there I realized I was just a few blocks from where my uncle is so went to see him after I got gas and ate at McDonalds.

Tuesday I had the day at home. I am kind of revamping the way I do my list again so this week is kind of a trial – so far I think it’s going okay so will continue for now. In the evening we went to a thank you meal for the fair superintendents. Love these meals I don’t have to cook. Wednesday morning our Bible study group went to small bakery/restaurant two young neighbor girls have. I had a delicious cinnamon roll. Others had pie or muffins. The one who is diabetic had a salad. We got our books or our new study and had a prayer time along with lots of visiting. I was home the rest of the day with no interruptions cause Ralph went to a evening meting but left early enough to go through the Bibles at the Rescue Mission. With what he had here at home, he packed another 7 boxes so probably have enough for taking another load to be shipped.

Thursday morning I worked with my friend. This time is was a few Sunday School papers to sort and worked on our 2 year old material. Our next year’s class will only have 8 – about half the size of this year’s. The rest of the day was at home so hopefully, I’m making a bit of progress on things. Friday morning we did our errands and then home again. Since Ralph packed all those boxes he’s still working on getting the living room back in shape and I still need to go down and get the basement straightened up from last Sunday but decided I could talk to you while I’m baking my rolls. I just jump up every time the timer goes off.

Isabella, so wonderful on the concert you got to go to. That sounds like so much fun. And then doing all your usual stuff is good too cause those things help the rest of the week go more smoothly.

Sheryl, that is so exciting that thee is just a sliver of cancer left and they can treat it so directly. Some of the side effects going away would be super wonderful.
    So sorry to hear about John. This might be a really good time to add some extra help. Granted he knew the people who have been visiting lately but if you say you have new friends who hare helping, maybe he would accept them. You will need it. You can do it 24/7 for a long time and the sooner you start now, the better it would seem to me. Will you check at the place that gave you help the other time? Sounds a little scary when he can get outside so quickly. On our end, we will keep praying for you.

Last pan of rolls went into the oven so I’ll send this oven and get ready to head for the basement and then make our salads and heat up the pizza. Have a great week.
  • isyvanek
    Hi ladies! My friend Jackie picked me up at 9:30 this morning and we drove to the coast and visited a few small markets and had lunch. We had a really nice time as always. I've had something planned every Saturday this month and to be honest, I don't know how I used to do it ALL the time. I'm tired! ;) Dan and I did our usual shopping afterward and will watch a recorded movie tonight. Probably a Hallmark movie.

Sheryl, I forgot to wish you a happy birthday last time. Hope it was a good one. And what a wonderful present to receive the news that the cancer is gone except for the lesion on the liver. Direct treatment is much better. SO happy to hear it! God is SO good!!! Very sorry to hear about John though. To be honest I don't know how you've held up so well for as long as you have. I think an in home helper is a must for both your sake. We will keep it in prayer and the Lord will send you someone who will click with both of you. My bible study teacher Jan's dad was pretty cantankerous and they found just the right person to come in and help. The Lord will do the same for you. I believe they interviewed a few and he was one of them. He was a live in. I don't know if that is what your plan is or if you want someone who comes in for a certain amount of time then leaves. I say "was" because Jan's dad passed away last week but not before he accepted the Lord into his life about a month before he passed. Once again, God is SO gracious!

Well, gotta go - Dan is waiting for dinner. Love you guys! Have a blessed week!
  • isyvanek
    Hi ladies, hope all is well with you. Having a really nice 4 day weekend. I took Friday off and went with Dan to a dr appointment to meet his new Dr. I liked him pretty well and he is a Christian. He's not much of a naturopath but most aren't so oh well. Dan thought he was OK. Glad he at least has a doctor now if he needs one. The doc made an appointment for him to come back and get a physical. He'll get some blood work done before hand.

Dan took me to lunch afterward to a Japanese restaurant then we went to the movies to see "Blinded by the Light". It is about a pakastani boy growing up in England and the struggles and prejudices he has to deal with as he is trying to find himself. He is introduced to the music of Bruce Springsteen and it really speaks to him and inspires him. Dan and I both really liked it. It was extra cool that he wins an essay contest and wins a trip to a conference at Monmouth College in NJ. The house where I grew up is just a mile or so from that college so it was very nostalgic for me. He also goes to Asbury Park and other places significant to Bruce Springsteen.

Then Saturday I met a couple of gals I used to work with at Olive Garden for lunch so we could do some catching up. Had a very nice time. Then we did our usual food shopping, etc. Today is a nice relaxing day at home. I am going to cook an odd meal for dinner. I am going to make mac & cheese with ground beef and Trader Joe's new pepita salsa mixed in. Hope it is good. Tomorrow I will prep for the week.

Hope all is well with you both. Happy Labor day. See you next week.
  • isyvanek
    Getting lonely in here. :(
    Hi all, nothing much to say this week anyway. It's been really hot and muggy here this week but we can't really complain compared to everyone dealing with the hurricane. We've been watching hurricane porn all week. Very sad for the Bahamas. Dan and I will be doing our usual shopping and movie tonight.

OK, hope to hear from you all soon. Take care.
  • arobed53
    Hello, I’d better take advantage of having things ready for tomorrow and chat now. I’ve been keeping busy but not always sure with what. Last weekend we did go on a little trip. We left after Sunday School cause I wanted to be there when the new class started and am glad I was. We went to Arkansas (6 hours away) for the wedding of our neighbor’s daughter. The next day we went to the Crystal Bridges Museum (built by Sam Walton’s daughter), looked around and then met up with my niece and family and ate together. Her husband is the one with the brain tumor. It is still staying stable. He is not able to use his left hand much so rather than have it just hang, they have it in a sling – just looks like a broken arm. His face is a little fuller but otherwise he looks really good. He has good days and bad days but that’s normal. Michelle said he has one car he’s working on so he tells her what to do and hopefully, she does it right. It was good to see them and their daughter. We drove home after that. Not a long vacation but a good getaway.

I went to a junior high tennis meet the other day. One of my granddaughters is playing. Her doubles time was toward the beginning and the singles was way toward the end so we had a lot of time to kill. Fortunately, there was shade and a breeze outside the courts so we visited with son and DIL.

A week ago our church did a meal for an Arab church conference – have been doing it for several years. So the ones who go make large amounts. I did vegetable relish, bought grapes and made meatloaf with 5 lbs of ground beef. We took home enough meat loaf for two meals and enjoyed it enough I’m making meatloaf for tomorrow but just three pounds. It’s a good crockpot meal.

I’ve been to see my uncle each week. He continues to do okay. He recognizes me, is aware of the time. I have removed his phone. He would not be quick enough to answer and would not be understood if he could get to it. But he always has his watch on. He is on pureed food. Sometimes they feed him and sometimes he feeds himself. I’m glad the one son went to see him. I’ve never heard whether the other one has or not.

This coming Monday is 4-H so have al that to do. I was going to do some today so I could maybe make a volleyball game but we’ll see. Just got a call from oldest grandson that he and Jeremiah are coming here to sleep. Guess it saves them driving home and back out in the morning. The couches are there so not a big deal and I have cereal and enough milk. Found out they would have been much later but windshield wipers don’t work (“new to him” pickup) and he saw lightning. I hope he’s just not doing something right. I’m going to look at it in the morning.

Isabella, I’m glad Dan likes his new doctor. We are getting set up with a new cardiologist as ours retired but we don’t see him till next year. Our family doctor did okay when he set us up 20 years ago so hopefully he does again. Is Japanese food a lot different than Chinese. Glad you enjoyed the movie.

I know it is fun to find a post when you check in. So here you go.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning Isabella and Debora. Fall has come a week early here. It's overcast and drizzling. Expected to rain all week and not get over 70. We flashed from record breaking heat to below normal temps in a week. Not complaining though, as I don't do well in the heat anymore. I used to work all day in the high 90's and now I fan myself when it's 80 degrees. The chemo has made me very sun sensitive and I can feel my skin get prickly feeling if I'm outside too long, OR, as my sister reminds me...I'm just getting old.

Debora, glad that your nephew-in-law is stable. Praying for full healing, but stable is good for now. I never thought to put my arm in a sling when my left arm was paralyzed. I did just let it hang. I pray that his physical therapy will be as successful as mine was. I still have twinges in my arm often, but at least it's useful again.

I'm back...I started this very early this morning, got interrupted, and again, I'm so surprised that my comment is still here. Sorry this is short, but John is calling me as soon as I sit down.