Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    It looks like NM is actually pulling the plug on the 21st so all info should be saved by the 20th?
  • jeanniepeel
    Options
    Hi everyone one. I'm fairly easy to find and to keep track of because my name creativity stinks. I was jmpeel on NM and I'm using my full name here. It's not NM but I suppose we can get used to it, but change is always hard.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It looks like NM is actually pulling the plug on the 21st so all info should be saved by the 20th?

Mike told Ferris NM will be up all day Wednesday, the 21st. They wont pull the plug until midnight (Pacific time).

• mygnsac
    Options
    Hi everyone one. I'm fairly easy to find and to keep track of because my name creativity stinks. I was jmpeel on NM and I'm using my full name here. It's not NM but I suppose we can get used to it, but change is always hard.

Change is definitely hard, but we can do it. Good luck!
  • anewstart22
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

Mike told Ferris NM will be up all day Wednesday, the 21st. They wont pull the plug until midnight (Pacific time).

Wow, that means 2am my time. :D

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Good morning, after being gone, there's always stuff to "catch up" on plus the usual stuff to do. We went to homecoming last night - fun to see people and our school won both games. Spent a lot of time copy and pasting one year of my food logs and than the last two months did it funny. Think I may have to let them go - just thought I'd do it cause I could. Wish there was a faster way. Have a great day. I need to clean house and do food for tomorrow. Have a birthday party for one of the granddaughters this evening. Have a great day.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Good morning, having breakfast with some friends this morning. That makes eating out twice this weekend. Hoping I can stay on target.

Arobed, I am glad you ejoyed homecoming. Those were always fun. I saved everything I could to a word document and then saved it to an external hard drive.

It messed up often but I got what I could. Now I am trying to save recipes from others and think I might give up on it. Journals are slow as well but I am stubborn and will probably keep trying to the end.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Wow, anewstart22, terrible neighbors. I can't imagine what your going through. When we moved here, we had our south fence that was only 3 feet high and our neighbor would step over it to get in our yard. Not the kids, but the father, terrible role model, he was worse than the kids. We replace all the perimeter fence with taller, 5-6 foot, fence and took care of that problem.

Debora, I had problems saving all my food logs too, until I realized that if I overlapped the copy/paste, I'd get it all. So, for August, I'd copy July 31st through Sept 1st and I'd end up with all of August. Otherwise, for some reason, the first day and the last day was not coming through. Weird.

PT was so painful yesterday, but I'm happy for the pain, I'm so happy for any feeling coming back. And, movement is improving too, Yay!!!!!

I mentioned before that I'm not logging food yet. Don't want to take the time right now for the learning curve, I'm spending all my time saving NM posts. I'll let you learn the ins and outs of this site and hopefully, you'll share that with me next week, when I know I'll have lots of questions.

See you later.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    Good morning, after being gone, there's always stuff to "catch up" on plus the usual stuff to do. We went to homecoming last night - fun to see people and our school won both games. Spent a lot of time copy and pasting one year of my food logs and than the last two months did it funny. Think I may have to let them go - just thought I'd do it cause I could. Wish there was a faster way. Have a great day. I need to clean house and do food for tomorrow. Have a birthday party for one of the granddaughters this evening. Have a great day.

Debra, since Mike gave us that link to food journals, the quickest way to save them seems to be just save as an html page.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ah, day 1 of vacation and it feels great! Dad and I will be going out to lunch shortly. He decided on going to lunch instead of dinner for his birthday. Still not sure where he wants to go. We'll probably wind up at the Spaghetti Factory.

Usually on Saturday Im running around trying to get my errands done, laundry, weekly cooking, etc., but I can take my time since no work on Monday. Did I say it feels great?!

I have a lap full of Cisco right now. I swear the minute I pick up the Ipad he plops in my lap. He knows Im an old softy and wont push him off!

Sheryl, thats fantastic that movement is improving!

Anewstart22, I finally gave up on saving others recipes. Just too much. Im kind of starting new here.

Busy Debora, busy as usual! I dont know where you get your energy, but I'd like some!

I guess JC has given up trying to join the group. Havent hear anything further from her. I wished Isabella would stop by.

Well I guess Id better get my day going. I'll keep popping in in case someone else tries to join the group. Gramma from NM (slimgramma5 here) is in mid-join at the moment! Im not sur why some cam join right away and some I have to send an invite. Must have something to do with their privacy settings.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

• Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note because I've made a great discovery I want to pass on. I have been able to copy and past my recipes into the recipe data base here fairly easily and am going to try and get them all in ASAP. Go to the recipe tab and when you get there there is a choice to add your recipes manually. By keeping 2 windows open I am able to quickly able to copy and paste, make sure you pick the servings size and label the recipe press match ingredients and then presto, it gives you the option to save. If the ingredients don't match do a quick search to find a comparable one and add it instead. I want to get my basic recipes and all my home canned recipes in. I can always tweak the amounts the next time I make the recipe. I am starting to feel a little better since I've figured this out. It sure beats scanning them in my documents every time I want to make a recipe and then adding it in here manaually. hope this makes sense. I had to do a little experimenting since my computer is a pain, but I finally got it!!!!
  • arobed53
    Options
    Well, I didn't figure out the html page but I have it done now. I don't know how much I'll look back at them but it's kind of like my 4-Hers. You can sign up to do something and then not do it but you can't miss the deadline and then sign-up. Now I have the option to look.

Elaine, cool on the recipes and matching ingredients made the job easier. It will all get easier as we spend more time here. Maybe I'll check it out since I've got most other things done for the day.

Marcie, I see you're already relaxing. WTG

• arobed53
    Options
    Just a quick note because I've made a great discovery I want to pass on. I have been able to copy and past my recipes into the recipe data base here fairly easily and am going to try and get them all in ASAP. Go to the recipe tab and when you get there there is a choice to add your recipes manually. By keeping 2 windows open I am able to quickly able to copy and paste, make sure you pick the servings size and label the recipe press match ingredients and then presto, it gives you the option to save. If the ingredients don't match do a quick search to find a comparable one and add it instead. I want to get my basic recipes and all my home canned recipes in. I can always tweak the amounts the next time I make the recipe. I am starting to feel a little better since I've figured this out. It sure beats scanning them in my documents every time I want to make a recipe and then adding it in here manually. hope this makes sense. I had to do a little experimenting since my computer is a pain, but I finally got it!!!!

Wow, that works really great for the ingredients.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's awesome new Elaine, thanks for the info. I haven't gotten to that point but I will here within the few days.

Hi Debora, glad to hear that you are enjoying your vaca.

Tally, say's she doesn't care much for this place and that she wishes she had enough money to help out the Ray family just to keep NM going.

Got to go see you all tomorrow.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Hmmmm, MFP doesn't distinguish on the sodium for those older. Just noticed that. Started to check it out a little bit more.

Tammy, tell Tally we're with her but we have to adjust.

Birthday party was fun. Most everyone made it.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JudyElaine-- what a great tip on the recipes!!!! I've had to change all so far but the copy/ paste thing is better than manually putting them in :):)
  • Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also learned later if you take out all reference to name brand after pasting it usually matches everything and goes even quicker!!
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Thanks Judyelaine-thank you for letting us know
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Marcie, thanks for the info on Gramma, I printed out your list of names and am adding to it as we go along.

Elaine, thanks for the tip on recipes, I've saved that in a "helpful hint" folder and will refer back to it when I need it.
    I know you mentioned before, but I can't find it...what is the date of your surgery? And I'd like to verify that you'll be at the same hospital as last time.

Going to save more info, trying to find all of Sylvia's posts regarding the antics of Mama.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I didnt go to sleep until nearly 3 am, and yet here I am wide awake at 7 am. I guess my internal clock is telling me to get up and go to work! I think that clock needs to meet with an accident this week. Everyone in my office has today off for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

After I take a shower, I think I may go out for breakfast this morning. Dad's ahead of me. He went out for breakfast at his favorite hole-in-the-wall joint, and then I think he has a physical therapy appt for his back.

Dad was bummed to hear about NM's shutting down (I told him to join the club!). He looked around last week and settled on MyNetDiary. He'll be paying $60 a year to be a member there.

We are a little rainy here this morning. I dont think its going to rain much, but we'll take what we can get.

If you like to get inspiration from food pics, here are a couple ongoing posts here on MFP...

What Do Your Meals Look Like?
    What's For Supper?

Sheryl, before NM closes I will post that list of NMers on MFP in this group.

Well I guess I'll get my day started. Cisco keeps bringing me his ball and wagging his tail at me, so I suppose I'd better play with him too! He likes to bring me his ball and when I go to grab it he snatches it away. :D

Have a lovely day everyone.