Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers sound good. I'm having one of those rare days when I have no appetite. Doesnt happen often with me!
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Have you all had the chance to read "Fare thee well" by Papa Jim over on NM. It is so heart touching, I will warn you bring a tissue with you, tears may flow. :'(

• mygnsac
    Options
    I did. Jim is a wise man and I will carry his words with me. :'(:'(
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I cried as soon as I started to read Jim's post, sad because you know it is real.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Peppers were great, I bake them at 350 degrees from frozen state about 45-55 minutes and they always turn out great. My recipe makes 8 bell pepper halves stuffed so I always stuff them, bake them and then freeze them. All I have to do after that is reheat in the oven as laid out above.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I did. Jim is a wise man and I will carry his words with me. :'(:'(

I copied his post and I'm going to figure how to print it to one large page and hang it on my wall.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Glad some of you have been here. NM was very quiet this morning. The transition is happening. And I'm sure the Rays would like to see that we are continuing somewhere else and not quitting on our journeys for balance. Found out we're going to be gone for about two days so need to try and get a lot done at home today. Have a good day.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I woke up this morning and started into the kitchen thinking that John had left the lights on last night...it was the sun pouring through the window. Gorgeous morning.

Debora, (and also now Tammy), you mentioned having everything in PDF files, I can't figure that out and I do have Adobe Reader. I have been doing copy/paste onto a Word document and saving it. I wonder if PDF would be faster, but in the time it takes me to learn, I may already save a lot doing it my way.

I doubt that Granny will join us, I received a reply from her and she said she will "not join another site just to make new friends and then lose them again". I will try to convince her that it's a new site, but old friends that are still here. It will take some time, but maybe she'll come around, I know she will miss us as much as we miss her.

Physical therapy today, more good hurt coming. See you later.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Sheryl, you must have my sunshine today! We are socked in with clouds and fog this morning. Very dank and cold outside. I can't begrudge it though. We've had a lot of sunny days here lately, I guess I can share with you!

I've been trying to add various NM posts and youtube videos to the NMism's post in this group. If you run across something on the old site you'd like to add, please do so. It will be nice to refer back to it from time to time.

I told my Dad they were giving away NM stuff with the logo on it, so he has ordered himself another NM cap. He's been wearing the one Pam sent me for winning the guessing game about where they were going on vacation and wants a back up. I ordered the water bottles and the coffee mug.

Anewstart22 (I'm going to have to get used to that...I keep typing Rockporter!), I also put a copy of Jim's last post in the NMism post here. I'm going to have to make stuffed peppers one of these days. I've eaten them, but never made them myself before.

Debora, have a good and safe trip wherever you go!

Sheryl, thanks for the update on Granny. I'm sorry she is feeling this way. Hopefully she will realize we are still here and miss here greatly.

Yesterday I put in for vacation next week. Now that the year end madness is behind me I'd like to step away from the office and regroup before the next big project heads my way (I can see it lurking over the horizon!). It will just be a staycation though.

I just saw that Delmar is over here now. She joined our group yesterday. Hopefully she will pop in, but its just good to know she found us. I suspect Cascadelady will probably cancel her account as she has found another program. Most of the others out dont have a community feature like NM or MFP, and thats a deal breaker for me.

Well, I need to close and go eat something. I havent eaten anything yet this morning and my stomach is yelling at me about that.

You all have a wonderful day!

• arobed53
    Options
    Marcie, staycations are nice too. Just life at your own pace for a few days is wonderful.

Sheryl, I think the sun is shining brighter at your house.

Is there a limit to how long a post can do here? So far I've done reasonably short ones.

I'll greatly miss Granny and maybe she'll change her mind. I'm blessed to have known her.

I ordered a coffee mug for memory sake although I'd use it for tea.

I'd come here even if I logged somewhere else. It's not hard to get to and I get to see all of you. I'm still logging at NM just cause I know it's faster but I had to laugh when I logged on now, it says I've logged for 5 days now. Well, I have - just not here.

Day is going faster than I think it should. So back to the list - after I get a cup of tea. Enjoy whatever you do.
  • Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone could ask Andy to request that granny become a find on the new NM facebook page he started. She may accept a friendship to that to start with.
  • anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I have a doctor appt today for scans on my hands to see if it's the arthritis that is killing them or the Carpel Tunnel. Personally, I believe it is the arthritis because I don't hurt like I did with the Carpel Tunnel.

Arobed, I hope your trip is a safe one with some fun added in. I'm still logging at NM as well and my home page is almost green. It's the nutrients that always get me over there and I don't know how much we can put in one message but I'm working on a very large one right now. I might order a coffee cup too!

Ferris, I don't wash windows, lol. Dirty as they may be the rain and dew always make them dirty. I do wash the indoor windows and sills but the outside is all on it's own and the sun is so bright here the blinds are always closed. ;) I hope that your physical therapy does all it can for you. I spent three years in physical therapy with Carpel Tunnel in my right wrist, Ulnar neuritis bilateral and Pronater Muscle Syndrome on my right forearm. They wanted to do surgery on my right shoulder and I told them no way. I can lift a gallon of milk now so if I can cook I'll be ok. Be well my friend.

I do hope granny changes her mind. I have an idea if you all want to listen?

How about we all do a thread just for Granny wishing her back and thanking her for everything she has ever done for us. I would be a newbie asking her to come join because I have heard so much good about her. How does that sound?

Welcome Delmar, I hope you begin posting with us.

• anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Woohoo! I've been logging at NM for 4 days and my home page is all green except calcium. :D Arobed, I can't find your post over there about logging and making our home pages green for NM.

OK, off to my appointment. I have to go to the big city about 35 miles away.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Anewstart, it was a post by Jan1919 I think and it's not on the page now. I don't think Granny is even getting on the computer now so doubtful she would see it. I hope they can do something to help your hands. Cool on your page being so close to green. I think I might get there with everything but the sodium.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good Evening All, my day went okay and I have been busy reading smcginniss archives this evening and have been saving them for future reads.

Sheryl, one of the down falls to turning a post into a "pdf" is that it does not transfer all the comments information, as to copying and pasting you get to copy the main post, then you can go in and copy each 10 comments and paste them all on one document.

I have a 2007 version of Adobe and I can do a lot of different things on it at work, as appose to my adobe reader here at home.

Be careful Debora on your trip.

Everyone stay Green & Healthy and I'll see you tomorrow.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Tammy I accepted your friend request! How did you ask me? I am still having no luck with recipes. Tomorrow I am off and am going to figure out what I'm doing wrong :)
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Thanks Arobed, sorry I remembered the wrong person, lol.
  • arobed53
    Options
    Good morning, my eating was good yesterday. Cholesterol was sky high but I thoroughly enjoyed the three eggs I had with my peppers and onions. I hadn't had an egg in several days. And I been doing better with my fruits and veggies. Course now it will be fast food for the next couple of days but I'll enjoy that too. This morning I need to make some phone calls and pack and find a motel room. Nothing too major. I am so glad Nutrimirror gave us a couple weeks to prepare for the closing. It gave me time to figure out some things. I'll stay there till the last day cause it's so easy to do but I'll be okay going on.

Have a great day in whatever you do.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I was over at NM first this morning and read Lynn's column and am excited that she and Susano are cooking something up. I got on the mailing list of The Country Tart and will be notified of the new site or whatever they are going to do.

Tammy, I received your comment via email this morning and replied. How did you do that? Did you get an email from me via MFP? It didn't specify to me that it was sent to you. I am so confused when it's not completely spelled out for me.

I also am not logging my food here (yet). I come for the chat and will decide where and how to log food later. I haven't logged since all the nausea from chemo and figured a few more weeks of not logging won't make any difference. I feel good and am maintaining my weight.

The sun is just peaking through clouds this morning. Not as bright as yesterday, but still nice: dry, but cold.

• mygnsac
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Our list of members is growing. We have 37 now, and as soon as I send an invite to Carole100 (losingit2) it will be up to 38. For some reason, the invite keeps giving me no results when I search for Carole100. Argh!! I'll figure it out.

JC is here now. Yay!! I hope she pops in to say hi.

I'm still waiting for my boss to approve my vacation request for next week. She's a hard gal to pin down, but if I don't hear back from her by the end of today, I'll track her down! I can't imagine she'll decline my request, but I just want to get it on the books.

Just a tip...at the top of the page, right above the page numbers, is a star. If you click on the star it turns gold. When you do that, when you come back to the group's main page you will see if there is any action on that thread. Out in the main Community section, if you do that, you are bookmarking that thread and you can go back to it by clicking on the star (next to the bell) at the top of the page. I think I'll start a tips post that we can all add to or refer to as needed.

We are having a pretty day here today. The clouds have moved on and its nice and sunny. I'm hoping for rain though. We need it.

Well, I suppose I should close and get back to work. Y'all have a lovely day today.