General Chat

Options
14567810»

Replies

• coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hello gang. A lot going on lately. I've been sick and that knocked me out for about 5 days. On Thursday and Friday I walked 2 miles each day. This morning I did HIIT 15 to get back into the swing of things.

Saturday was our State Track Meet and I spent the day there. Our kids did great. I am not coaching this last week in football and we have a spring game on Friday night. This is our last 2 weeks of school, so obviously there is a lot going on. I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

This past semester I have been spending half the school day teaching at our alternative school. It is quite the challenge, and while there have been some challenges there have been some rewarding moments. Now I have been approached about working there full time. I will have some tough decisions in the next few weeks.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back Coach!

That is a lot going on, changing schools would be a big decision, I'm sure you will make the right one.

I didn't get a workout in the morning, I wasn't feeling so great, but I did walk for an hour before work.

Have a great day!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Yes. It's a tough decision. We spent family time discussing it yesterday. My son is a senior and plays on the football team. Since I coach him it really is a tough decision.

Well, I am meeting with the principal here soon so hopefully I'll know before May 30 and my summer vacation starts.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I'm ready for summer vacation. Of course, for me it only means I don't have students, parent conferences, paperwork, lessons, grades, etc. However, for 6 weeks I'll be at the school from 7 am until 11 am. Our football team has conditioning, running and so forth Monday through Thursday. We have 10 coaches who will be there with these kids as we prepare for the upcoming season, and we do not get paid one penny for this. It's ok, I've been doing it for 28 years and wouldn't trade one day. I'll still go to Ohio next week and then the beach for a week. We are also off Friday-Sunday. We cook out almost every day, I'll play golf several days a week and we'll spend the weekends somewhere. I am ready!!!

Oh yeah we need to keep this group alive. I need you.
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I agree we need I keep the group going. I feel bad because I have been slacking off with my TF. It seems like once the weather started getting nicer the harder it is for me to get motivated. These 80+ temps are not for me!
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Took my oldest two sons out with me for a run. We saw a snake and was warned about another one by a cyclist. My oldest tried to tap out before we hit the 1 mile mark lol. We ended up doing 2 miles which wasn't too bad.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hi Class! Fire 55 this morning, felt good to get back to it after a week "off". I did so many projects during my vacation time, that I took a break from TF.

Hope to see you all back here soon :grin:
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Hey there! I took an extendEd break from TF and working out. I just didn't have the energy! There was and is so much going on right now that it was draining! I went on a walk/run and I'm not sore B)
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Talk about an extended break. I have been crazy busy. It's summer vacation and that's what I have been doing. I have visited family, spent some time at Myrtle Beach and have been working like crazy in my yard. With temps at 100 degrees I am whipped.

We are currently working our football team at the school daily from 8:00-10:45. I arrive at school around 6:30 and get home around 12:00. I guess I haven't gotten into a routine because I've been trying to tighten up around the house. We are cleaning the bonus room above the garage as we have company coming in July.

I promise I'm working out. I've devoted a lot more time to lifting weights and walking for sure. I do need to pick it up again so I'll let you know what I'm doing.

Sorry for my slackness.
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Hey Coach! Glad to see you back! Sounds like you have been enjoying your well deserved summer vacation B)
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Random Tuesday thought: I have been getting back into TF the last few weeks. This weekend I had a ton going on so I grabbed an old DVD "Crunch's Cardio Salsa)...one of the participants looked familiar so I watched the credits...and it's Monica Gray ....it has to be the same person.