NSV's

Options

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My scrub pants were getting really baggy and even with tying them tighter having a hard time staying up. I bough a size down when my pants went on sale and I feel so much less frumpy! They fit so nicely and form to my basic shape without being tight. It's a weird feeling, but I love seeing my legs looking like they're supposed to in scrub pants.

That's awesome @karebear5891 I remember driving in the car one day glancing down at my legs and being thrilled they were mine. The best is yet to come for you! Keep noticing those things and shout 'em out!
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator It's not silly at all! It's one of the NSV's I'm looking forward to -- being able to see my collar bones again. I've always considered them the sexiest part of a woman's décolletage.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    These are all great. And awesome pictures! Congratulations!
  • kpk54
    Options
    tribal351 wrote: »
    NSV today. I had promised my team if they accomplished a certain task by Wednesday that I would buy pizza on Friday. They got it done, so today I drove a half hour from the office to pick up 10 of the best pizzas in Austin. Drove back to the office smelling them the whole way, took them in, and ate tuna, baby spinach, mayo and Parmesan cheese. Not even tempted to eat pizza. They loved the pizza, and were very supportive and encouraging. I love my team.
    My car still smells like pizza too.

Way to go!

Last February, before I started low carb, I picked up pizzas for one of the shifts doing inventory. That was 80 pizzas in my Yaris - not exactly an easy feat. Steamed up my windows and I had to roll them down (even though it was Feb., so a bit chilly) so I could see. I drive a Toyota Yaris hatchback - had 3 stacks behind the back seat, 3 stacks across the back seat and 2 stacks on the passenger seat (1 stack from floor to windshield and a 2nd stack from seat to the top of the headrest. Not sure what I would have said if I got pulled over, but it was not far and I took back roads so I could go slowly and take turns very cautiously so as not to lose any.

LOL. I just googled a Yaris to get a real visual of 80 pizzas!
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I moved the clasp on my FitBit to be one notch smaller (and I've been on the smaller band for a while now). I'm wearing a shirt that I've not worn since the day after I purchased it - over 1.5 years ago.

Awesome! It's so nice to put on clothes you couldnt previously wear!
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    whatevany wrote: »
    1) When people call me small (I was never this small even in high school!)
    2) Finding clothes that fit (except in length, can't change my height...lol)
    3) Being able to stand and walk for extended periods of time ( I work 2 retail jobs)

Congrats!

It took me a little bit to get used to people saying positive things about my size. The first time, my crew was at the grocery store and a guy came up to chat and made a comment about "used to be thin like this guy" as he motioned towards me. My initial reaction was one of "you &^#$ing ^%$er &^#$^%!" Fortunately that was all in my head, he was being serious.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    tribal351 wrote: »
    NSV today. I had promised my team if they accomplished a certain task by Wednesday that I would buy pizza on Friday. They got it done, so today I drove a half hour from the office to pick up 10 of the best pizzas in Austin. Drove back to the office smelling them the whole way, took them in, and ate tuna, baby spinach, mayo and Parmesan cheese. Not even tempted to eat pizza. They loved the pizza, and were very supportive and encouraging. I love my team.
    My car still smells like pizza too.

Way to go!

Last February, before I started low carb, I picked up pizzas for one of the shifts doing inventory. That was 80 pizzas in my Yaris - not exactly an easy feat. Steamed up my windows and I had to roll them down (even though it was Feb., so a bit chilly) so I could see. I drive a Toyota Yaris hatchback - had 3 stacks behind the back seat, 3 stacks across the back seat and 2 stacks on the passenger seat (1 stack from floor to windshield and a 2nd stack from seat to the top of the headrest. Not sure what I would have said if I got pulled over, but it was not far and I took back roads so I could go slowly and take turns very cautiously so as not to lose any.

LOL. I just googled a Yaris to get a real visual of 80 pizzas!

I would have taken a photo, but there were a lot of people waiting for pizza and I didn't want to spend the time making them wait any longer. The part that is kitten about that, though, is that I backed my car right up to the door (basically backed up the walkway from the parking lot to the main entrance) and grabbed a stack. As everyone is waiting and I'm making several trips (maybe about 200-300 ft. inside the building past 2 sets of double doors) to carry stacks of pizzas, people are just standing there watching. Like really?! If everyone grabs a few pizzas, this can be done in about 1 minute! Finally after a dozen trips or so, I told some people they should help and that sped things up a lot.
  • kpk54
    Options
    Amazing....stand by and watch...
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Sunny: Awesome!! Bravo!