NSV's

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all. :) I love coming back to this thread for a pick me up every few weeks. Love it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @StacyChrz , eat the toppings off of a piece, or two, of the pizza. It's more satisfying than you'd think!

@collegefbfan, watching our bodies change is so wonderful! Congratulations!!

@nvmomketo , I feel the same! The inspiration is wonderful!

@silverfiend! We deserve to brag on ourselves! This is self love! And the brain believes what we say, and think, about ourselves (negative thoughts aren't easy to overcome, but is huge once we do!! Congratulations on your new suit! Can't wait to see a picture!

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I love reading these NSV they really inspire me to keep going and always cheer me up. Keep up the good work guys you are doing great!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL :D
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    I have my confidence back.

That is truly awesome. The mental health benefits are just as important as the physical health benefits!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I feel like my family is really jumping on board with my keto lifestyle. We are celebrating my Dad's birthday this weekend and planning to order pizza. My Mom asked if I would like her to order me an antipasto salad so I don't have to eat pizza. I love her.

I just eat the toppings off too. It can seem like you're not eating enough food overall without the crust in the beginning and be hard to wrap your head around that but don't forget that you won't feel as hungry overall anyway and it's just sort of a mental thing that makes you feel like you didn't eat much.
    Also, my husband had an issue with me "wasting" pizza by not eating the crust and I just asked him if he wanted me to waste it or be fat? And that I can do whatever I want with my piece and he can do what he wants with his. I also offered to share each piece where I get the toppings and he gets the crust so there would be no waste, but he didn't want to be a team player... Lol
    He was ok with me "wasting" it after that. But honestly, it's not wasting if you don't eat something that's bad for your body. You can't help it if the rest of the world wants to pile good food on top of gut destroying bread.

I guess my NSV is there's no shame in my no crust pizza eating game. :wink:

@Sunny_Bunny_ This is why we hit the buffet - I can eat as much crustless as I want, and he can eat his junk! LOL That being said, my small town shop flat out refused to make it without a crust, but the pizza shops in my new town said they'd have no problem making it that way - and they have a gluten free crust, too, which the other shop (same chain) claimed their district manager said they didn't and never would have...

No shame in my game, either. Used to bother my guy, now he kind of randomly brags on me about it. It is so weird. He still is hard core anti-keto, though.