For those leaving the NS site

Options

Replies

• jrn8ion
    jrn8ion Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Is there a possibility of adding signatures? Maybe we could generate tickers elsewhere and paste them into a signature line for MFP. It would be nice to mark our progress so newcomers would know who's had some experience with the program.

I did see that on this some where in this site, if I come across it again, I will post.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yes signatures can be added as well as tickers if you make them some where else and attach them to each post.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif 16077007.png
  • ClearwaterCat
    ClearwaterCat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still figuring this site out. Like that there's a place for measurements and the food seems easier to log than the dreading N word site.
  • jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    I don't think this site offers signature other than our names on the left side under the pictures. You can add signatures from other sites like these glitter ones. However I believe it has to be added each time
    mslesam wrote: »
    Jserv I'm here!!! Yay! :D

Yeah!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Belle
    Strange, lets see how this one works.
    wzj6sdb6jjpr.png
    Well it works, just to large. I could either look for a smaller one or use MS Paint on my windows computer to shrink it.

I am afraid I have no idea what happened in You Case. I found one in google, Saved it to my E Drive, Broswed to it form the attach image here and Voila!

Have a Good Evening
    Roger.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Is there a possibility of adding signatures? Maybe we could generate tickers elsewhere and paste them into a signature line for MFP. It would be nice to mark our progress so newcomers would know who's had some experience with the program.
    Now we have to figure out how to add signatures...

Hi Millie And Red Rock Rider
    This is what I tried as a test in my post here in the
    Need a Tutorial on using this community? Feel free to request

What I did was go to Quicklinks on NutriSystem, select Edit Signature. Then in the upper left of the edit box is a a/A box. Click that and all the BBCodes will be revealed and easily copied. Copy them to a simple Text File on Your computer and You can paste them into any message where You want Your Signature. Not Automatic I am afraid but it does work. :)

BTW You can do a similar thing here in a Post, Create a Signature using Text, Images and links for things like banners from elsewhere. Then save it. Right away hit the edit button since that button is only available for one hour. That will display the post with the BBCodes in text format so that they can be saved in a ready to post form using any simple text editor such as Wordpad. I like wordpad as it does not load down the computer and thus can be left open in the background, Then Just Copy You Signature from it and post that as the end of Your Message.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Got mine set up!!

2HyQ.gif
    100trainpurple_zps3871b83b.pngcooltext1366255218_zps7feef4cb.png

Fitbit: www.fitbit.com/user/2G878F
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Got mine set up!!

2HyQ.gif

How did you do that?
  • gokbo
    gokbo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad to find the NS group! I've used MFP even before NS, but never paid attention to the posts. I guess I can thank the lose of our beloved board for teaching me something new. Will take a while to learn the ropes here, but I know MFP is user friendly so it shouldn't be hard. Look forward to being part of this group and watching it grow!
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started using the MFP Food Tracker last night. I really like it so far. The only thing that's a pain is the drop down for some of the quantities only gives you certain choices. (for example, if you have 3/4 of a cup of something, sometimes the drop down menu will be missing that measurement. 1/2 will be there, and 1, but not three quarters. I guess I can manually put it in but it seems like a pain.
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Glad to see so many of you made it over here and looks like some new ones joined us as well. That is wonderful. Welcome to you all! I have been here since 2012 and have found many wonderful groups and postings. So please explore the main forum and I am sure you will find other threads you will love. Weekly I go to the success stories as these are true success stories, not just weekly victories. There are various ways people are losing weight so the successes may not be NS related but still are inspiration. For example Stogie40's stories and pictures are a true inspiration to me. I have to lose 300 pounds also and HE DID IT! Take a look over there.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1459435/3-years-of-dedication-and-315-pounds-lost/p1

Thank you for your post. I used to be on this site .... but kind of gotten away from it. Have been reading the NS boards. Any other help will be appreciated
  • Bailey_Bonfire
    Bailey_Bonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I found a ticker site on MFP, but I have not seen my ticker pop up. I am going to test it here:
    63108189.png

I have it set up under settings, but it doesn't want to appear. :(
  • Chalmation
    Options

I found a ticker site on MFP, but I have not seen my ticker pop up. I am going to test it here:
    63108189.png

You have to put the ticker code in each post. It doesn't automatically appear even tho the setting to do so is still there.

Cindy

• Chalmation
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Got mine set up!!

2HyQ.gif

How did you do that?

See Rogers post a few above yours for instructions :)

• DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started using the MFP Food Tracker last night. I really like it so far. The only thing that's a pain is the drop down for some of the quantities only gives you certain choices. (for example, if you have 3/4 of a cup of something, sometimes the drop down menu will be missing that measurement. 1/2 will be there, and 1, but not three quarters. I guess I can manually put it in but it seems like a pain.

The cool thing about the food log here is that it keeps everything you put in there and you can select from those choices (and change the amount) and then add it to another food log:)
  • 2CuteCatsLavinia
    2CuteCatsLavinia Posts: 490 Member
    Options

63108189.png

Yes, I think I will skip my ticker for now. I like though that as you enter your weight in the system that it shows up on the main home page. Very motivating to see how everyone is doing! When I read all the exercises and calories friends are burning it motivates me to get moving. I also like to see how many calories I have left to eat and if I want more then I need to move more :-)
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    My ticker shows something different when I personalize it then on my profile so I'm going to skip that for now.
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Good to see so many familiar posters on here :)
  • raesan789
    raesan789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    And Look, I even kept the same Avatar :)
    I'm so glad to see you here Roger. This is going to be so different than NS. Hoping I can figure everything out. Raesan

• raesan789
    raesan789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mrbodance wrote: »
    Hey all NSers!!! I'm here too :)
    I'm so glad to see you too Jolet, lol