For those leaving the NS site

Options

Replies

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    It is a miracle! It is not raining here either! Just finished my tuna from NS- one of my favorites! I got my little 20 lb. bear in my box today. They are by the TV to remind me not to eat in front of the TV unless I am eating veggies! On a plateau but that is okay! New territory! I ordered lots of proteins this time. Interested to see what changes that will make!

Glad to see everyone here! Anyone having any challenges? (Like me NOT eating all the taco chips on the first day of my box!) That is why I only ordered a few- to make them last! LOL!

I should get my 20 lb. bear within the next week \o/ and yeah the 10 lb bear is sitting right next to my fridge to remind me to stay on track. I lost 1.5 lbs. which is great. My challenge is that I want to weigh myself more often but know I shouldn't as I know in the bottom of my heart that the scale isn't moving any faster lol. Other than that yeah the taco chips don't last long here either haha.

Have a great day everybody :).
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    WOW this has been a busy thread over the last 2 days. Welcome everyone! It been crazy here with very high temps and humidity. Lots of heavy rain and hail. I am fine but several areas had trees down and the downpour was so bad people were pulling under the bridges on I-95 to wait it out. I try to stay off the computer in this kind of weather. Tomorrow is work so I will not be on until later in the afternoon. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    WOW this has been a busy thread over the last 2 days. Welcome everyone! It been crazy here with very high temps and humidity. Lots of heavy rain and hail. I am fine but several areas had trees down and the downpour was so bad people were pulling under the bridges on I-95 to wait it out. I try to stay off the computer in this kind of weather. Tomorrow is work so I will not be on until later in the afternoon. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Glad you were not hurt by the wind and hail! These thunderstorms have been severe lately, it seems! You have to respect the lightning! I won't be on my land line! You have done really well losing! I am sure you can feel the difference. I have only lost about 25 lbs. so far, but it has sure made a difference. My breathing is better and I have a little more energy. I would like to get a bike for outside- I am a little afraid I can not ride one anymore! I will have to try at nite for some privacy! Take care!

Keep trucking everyone!
  • trooUPnorthe
    trooUPnorthe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am here!
  • suegen1
    Options
    I can relate to feeling the difference. I started my journey in January and went at the end of February on NS and over the whole time I lost over 35 lbs. (NS it's been a bit over 22 lbs. ). I can feel the difference in when I walk, move and so on and I am glad that I did. I know I still have ways to go but I know I am on the right track. I think the hardest for me was realizing that it's not going to be a fast fix.

I hope everybody has a good Tuesday so far. I am down here in Texas and brrr it was kinda chilly here this morning. Have a great day :)
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    I can relate to feeling the difference. I started my journey in January and went at the end of February on NS and over the whole time I lost over 35 lbs. (NS it's been a bit over 22 lbs. ). I can feel the difference in when I walk, move and so on and I am glad that I did. I know I still have ways to go but I know I am on the right track. I think the hardest for me was realizing that it's not going to be a fast fix.

I hope everybody has a good Tuesday so far. I am down here in Texas and brrr it was kinda chilly here this morning. Have a great day :)

yes the fast fix we all want to see. You are doing very well! I had to adapt my thinking to "this is the way I eat, this is the way I live now." It's been of help in recreating my mindset and retraining habits.

• suegen1
    Options
    Linna, yes the retraining of habits is a process because it is so simple to get back into old, not so wise habits.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »

yes the fast fix we all want to see. You are doing very well! I had to adapt my thinking to "this is the way I eat, this is the way I live now." It's been of help in recreating my mindset and retraining habits.

Identified with this after a big slip late last night. I can begin again, have to work on that retraining yet though- not quite in that moment, evidently. LOL!
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, it will be an ongoing process for the rest of my life, the retraining. There will always be those temptations that rear their ugly heads that I will have to remind myself of where I was & how I got there. I don't know if I'll ever be in a "place" to feel totally comfortable about letting down my "food guard".
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ron_369 wrote: »
    The way I see it, it will be an ongoing process for the rest of my life, the retraining. There will always be those temptations that rear their ugly heads that I will have to remind myself of where I was & how I got there. I don't know if I'll ever be in a "place" to feel totally comfortable about letting down my "food guard".

I agree!!! To me it is an addiction. I have felt that way all my life. I often said why couldn't I have been addicted to booze or cigs at least I could live my life without every using them again. However we have to eat each day and make those choices that are right for us. Some days are good and others are bad.

As for how I am feeling? I have been trying since 2006 to lose 300 pounds. Yes I feel a lot better and can do so much more than in 2006 when I started. However, if anyone is reading my blog here and my profile you know for me it has been an up and down cycle. Since I got back on in June 2014 I don't feel that much of a difference in these last 40 pounds.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • suegen1
    Options

I could not agree more Ron. I catch myself a lot of times wanting and having this little "devil" thought in my head "ah, this food is not bad you can get back to your healthy eating tomorrow". That was a constant thought for the past 6 years for me and that's how my weight got all piled up. You said it so well I have to remind myself where I was and where I am now and I for sure don't want to get back to that old me. I feel better and want to get even better :). I doubt that I will ever be able to let my "guard" down. I can look at something and gain a pound as the usual saying is and it's sadly true. However, I can work with my guard and make it a success :).

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I should get my 20 lb. bear within the next week \o/ and yeah the 10 lb bear is sitting right next to my fridge to remind me to stay on track. I lost 1.5 lbs. which is great. My challenge is that I want to weigh myself more often but know I shouldn't as I know in the bottom of my heart that the scale isn't moving any faster lol. Other than that yeah the taco chips don't last long here either haha.

Have a great day everybody :).

Hi I have spread them around. One is in the cupboard where the NutriSystem Foods Are stored, Open the door and there it is. I ended up with one in the Living Room looking at me from the lamp table next to my Chair and a another has ended up on top of the refrigerator looking down at me when I go there. Other Option for that one was put a magnet on its back and stick it too the door or put it inside wrapped in Cling Film. AKA Saran Wrap.

FWIW the scale never moves fast enough

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Sue
    I can feel a big difference in my mobility and energy. NS has been a big boon for me that way.
    Cheers
    Roger

Hi Ron
    In my case it has become staying away from where they serve big portions! It's on the plate and next thing I know it is gone! So staying out of them is what needs training. :)

Cheers
    Roger
    I agree!!! To me it is an addiction. I have felt that way all my life. I often said why couldn't I have been addicted to booze or cigs at least I could live my life without every using them again. However we have to eat each day and make those choices that are right for us. Some days are good and others are bad.

As for how I am feeling? I have been trying since 2006 to lose 300 pounds. Yes I feel a lot better and can do so much more than in 2006 when I started. However, if anyone is reading my blog here and my profile you know for me it has been an up and down cycle. Since I got back on in June 2014 I don't feel that much of a difference in these last 40 pounds.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

Hi Amanda
    I am in complete agreement, It would be so much easier if we did not have to eat every day.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Identified with this after a big slip late last night. I can begin again, have to work on that retraining yet though- not quite in that moment, evidently. LOL!
    LoL! Talk about a slip! I went to Perkins yesterday celebrating my son being one of only 4 people to pass a final nursing exam and ordered the Honey Mustard Chicken Salad thinking, "It's a salad!". When I got home and looked it up, it showed up as 1200 calories!! Now, I only used about half the dressing, but still!! Oops!

• BeaQ
    BeaQ Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I got here by following Amanda's link. I think key people from each group may be starting private threads by invitation. 50+ has one already. Shirley (smcinnis) started that one, so please friend her and request an invite if you would like to join us. We are all going to be scattered over so many sites and pages, I am afraid for all that will give up and drop out.

I think I sent a request to that one but haven't recieved an invite.
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »

LoL! Talk about a slip! I went to Perkins yesterday celebrating my son being one of only 4 people to pass a final nursing exam and ordered the Honey Mustard Chicken Salad thinking, "It's a salad!". When I got home and looked it up, it showed up as 1200 calories!! Now, I only used about half the dressing, but still!! Oops!

I have done that, too. (Congrats to son- that's big!) Hard to remember to look it up first- BUT you will know NOT to order that again! You did try to eat healthy, those sabotages are everywhere! I have eaten 8+ bags of desserts in 1 sitting and a really dumb moment! It is like my mind gets possessed and just over-rides, I went from eating oranges and veggies and drinking water to the desserts. I may need to order things I am not as fond of, as chips of all forms are a trigger. I think, per Roger's thought of spreading the bears around, that one is migrating to sit on top of the desserts. Trying to remember Ron's suggestion of where I was, and what I still have to do! Long term is challenging.....
  • Buttons61
    Options

z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

Yes, it is as addicting as heroin, according to the latest research. You have really done a fantastic job- I am struggling and have not lost a quarter of what you have accomplished! That is amazing, Amanda! Our bodies get used to levels so easily, it is so easy to not always see or feel what we have done. Got to keep plugging! I have had so much fiber by my oops At least I am not too hungry today. o:)
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all - found you! Now I need to figure out all the rest of this stuff - still kinda lost.

Shirl in Cleveland OH
  • suegen1
    Options
    Hi all - found you! Now I need to figure out all the rest of this stuff - still kinda lost.

Shirl in Cleveland OH
    Shirl, I am with you and still figuring this out but it's getting there. I guess it just takes some time since we all used to something different.
  • jserv13
    jserv13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Shirl in Cleveland OH

Glad you found us too!!
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I am still wandering around to the different sites, so if I repeat myself please excuse me. Is there any way we can check our previous posts? It is chilly here in NC today. I was able to sweep my deck today (it's a big deck over 500 square feet) and only sat down once. Those little things make me happy. Hugs.