For those leaving the NS site

Options

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm here, too. So glad to find everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend.

88492762.png
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Belle
    Strange, lets see how this one works.
    wzj6sdb6jjpr.png
    Well it works, just to large. I could either look for a smaller one or use MS Paint on my windows computer to shrink it.

I am afraid I have no idea what happened in You Case. I found one in google, Saved it to my E Drive, Broswed to it form the attach image here and Voila!

Have a Good Evening
    Roger.

I like it and stole it for another groups posting. I hope your ok with that? I thought you would be.
  • cattitude2015
    cattitude2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm from the NS site. I was tn-girl2014. I'm new to Fitness pal program so, it's a little hard to get around right now. :)
  • cathyb0822
    cathyb0822 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I got here by following Amanda's link. I think key people from each group may be starting private threads by invitation. 50+ has one already. Shirley (smcinnis) started that one, so please friend her and request an invite if you would like to join us. We are all going to be scattered over so many sites and pages, I am afraid for all that will give up and drop out.

Hey, Sandi. Good to see you. It's like being a refugee in a foreign land and finding someone who speaks the same language!! Have to find Shirley. Take care, Cathy b.
  • cathyb0822
    cathyb0822 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    mrbodance wrote: »
    Hey all NSers!!! I'm here too :)
    Jo Good to see you here. Hope all is well with you. Things going well for me. Cathy B.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    cathyb0822 wrote: »
    I got here by following Amanda's link. I think key people from each group may be starting private threads by invitation. 50+ has one already. Shirley (smcinnis) started that one, so please friend her and request an invite if you would like to join us. We are all going to be scattered over so many sites and pages, I am afraid for all that will give up and drop out.

Hey, Sandi. Good to see you. It's like being a refugee in a foreign land and finding someone who speaks the same language!! Have to find Shirley. Take care, Cathy b.

That's a great analogy!

2HyQ.gif
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I wrote a consumer review about NS, and gave them a 3 out of 5 stars. I said (and truly believe) that they handled the rollout of their business change very poorly, and very disrespectfully to their customers. I suggested they change their name to NutriFood because they are now, just a vendor for home-delivered-portion-controlled food.

Now, that is a very valuable service! But it is different than what they used to be, and different than what they still claim to be. I think they need to stop pretending that that food plus a non-functioning lame app constitutes a 'system.' I'll use up my NS gift cards and see how things go.

I feel exactly the same way. They are really misrepresenting things and did not address their customers at all. I really hate we lost the weight since joining and the rollout of the new system. That was important to me.I actually find myself forgetting I lost it, as I am down 26 lbs, but it really has not registered to my brain yet, I keep thinking I am losing in the same old 10 lbs. I tried to put my real start weight in, but it kicked it out after a day or two. Oh well! The proportioned dense food does work though, don't give up!!!! NS food is the best losing :) I have done in a while.
  • balm1982
    balm1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm northerndoglover migrating over from NS. I used MFP a few years ago so just been refreshing all the information.

I just started week 3 yesterday. I'm down 12lbs. I had two oops days. One with pizza hut pizza and chips and the second had some chinese food for lunch. They weren't terrible calorie count wise (between 1800-2000) but meant my loss in week 2 was a less then expect. But really have to remember that 15 days and down 12 is fantastic! Working to get back on track now.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Me, too. Out all day long confined in one room and starving by the time I got to eat. Finally broke for Chinese (and, not my fav food thank goodness) ... not a lot of calories because I was really trying, but still. Sooo, will fall back and regroup. :)
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here's just a little more proof that NS customer service reps are clueless. This is a reply from one of my friends in the Men's Forum on NS to my post about the boards closing:

"Thanks for your timely alert! I went back to read the 4/17 NS email introducing NuMi, which does present it just as a mobile app. (Misleading, as I learned.) Next I went to the general discussion boards and found various people stating the same changes you mentioned, affecting everyone, not just smart phone app users. Next I called Customer Service and spoke to a rep. All they can do is pass along concerns.

The rep confirmed the changes do affect us all, but that we should see little difference in the tracking tools and barely notice any transition. As for discussion boards, she said they would decide in several weeks what to do with them. I protested the changes, that the discussion boards had been a useful tool for me to connect with others in similar situations and have been a great support tool. Also, that the tracking and ordering tools were well designed and easy to use. Finally, that they are damaging the NS brand. If they have not yet decided to dump the discussion boards, it would help for them to hear from each of us. So I encourage each of you to call customer service at 800-585-5483, option 1, to register your protest. I told her that we would not move to Facebook or YouTube. Ron, you summed up the situation perfectly -- WTF????
    "

• maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am currently a NS member, and have been a member of MFP for a while. You definitely can create tickers and have them appear on your posts. I have not been on here in a little while, but I do remember there are instructions on one of the boards as to how to do this. I had a weight loss ticker set up in the past so I know it could be done last time I was actively using MFP. Look forward to following everyone's posts as well as posting myself.
  • RedRockRider
    RedRockRider Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ron_369! Good to see you over here too!!
  • kevinogorman4
    kevinogorman4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been a NS member since October last year. I've lost 60# with 10 more to go. I started a 50+ Support Group team on weightlossbuddy.com which now has a bit over 40 members. But I find that while can tackle the technical pretty easily, I'm not much of a leader. Or a cat herder, for that matter. So I resigned as team captain. I'll be here with a much lower profile.
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to have a ticker on here and I did not have to post it each time. It would appear in my posts. I'm going to dig around and see if I can find the instructions as I know they used to be on this site.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I've been a NS member since October last year. I've lost 60# with 10 more to go. I started a 50+ Support Group team on weightlossbuddy.com which now has a bit over 40 members. But I find that while can tackle the technical pretty easily, I'm not much of a leader. Or a cat herder, for that matter. So I resigned as team captain. I'll be here with a much lower profile.

Hey! Posting encouraging things is just as important! I have trouble with the tech part! I am just learning to cut and paste!

It is so good to see everyone coming together here again! Keep losing, drink your water, and eat wisely, and do some moving! Even herding cats uses calories!! ;)
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello, was also on the NS forums and found this group here. Trying to figure it all out ...so here I am lol....
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi on this not rainy Monday.
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Day one of my restart and things are looking good. Have a great day!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    It is a miracle! It is not raining here either! Just finished my tuna from NS- one of my favorites! I got my little 20 lb. bear in my box today. They are by the TV to remind me not to eat in front of the TV unless I am eating veggies! On a plateau but that is okay! New territory! I ordered lots of proteins this time. Interested to see what changes that will make!

Glad to see everyone here! Anyone having any challenges? (Like me NOT eating all the taco chips on the first day of my box!) That is why I only ordered a few- to make them last! LOL!