Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,705 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be hot again, with 30% chance of rain. We'll see.

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Its a beautiful morning here. Too bad I didn't get ANY measurable amount of rain over the weekend, or that today will be 90+ degrees for the 38th (?) day. But for right now, right this minute..it is beautiful.
    I think maybe part of my jubilant mood is I am PAIN FREE...at least for the moment. It seems to be aggravated by sitting for any appreciable length of time. So, today, I am on a 20 minute computer timer!!!
    Also, last night the time of reckoning came, and I had to finish the first weeks lessons in Understanding Vital Signs. OMG! I now know more about our hearts than probably a very large portion of the population. Nothing like a good 'last-minute' cram session to remind you why procrastination is not a virtue! I was Exhausted by the time I finished watching all the vid's, taking 10 quizzes, and the Test over all the material! YIKES!!! You can bet I will do better in this next section....starting today!

Ed....I am laughing my 'kitten' off over here with your explanation of why you used the word 'kitten'. Reminds me of the mushroom days! I wonder if we tried, lets say '*kitten*' (I think that's the way the English spell it....and it works! *kitten*, Fitbit 'dirty word' list makes them look like an *kitten*. Yep, that works...hmmmm, That was way to easy!!! LOL!!! Gotta love the English language. We have more 'redundant' words than I think any other language on Earth! :) And the other anomaly is, I can say damn....no problem!

Ok, breakfast calls. Left overs...Lentils, cauliflower with 'pimento cheeze sauce', and an apple. I usually don't eat apples this time of year, but Roger keeps buying them! And so I've picked up a few for myself and was reminded of how good they taste! Tomorrow, however, I will be eating the two black plums that are in my refrigerator before they become garbage.

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning. Sun looks so pretty, cheerful, and welcoming...and will turn into a hot, burning, devil by sundown! PMS or BiPolar???? :)

You guys had a fun conversation yesterday afternoon!

I'm loving the 'Pokeman' pix of little animals that are popping up everywhere. Jack tried to get the kids interested, and Nate's comment was 'looks like they're just trying to get us to exercise'. Kid was right on... Considering the accidents occurring in the pursuit, I think I'm glad the kids weren't interested.

About my issues with the copped off the internet exercise and the actual 'needed' exercise...that was entirely my fault. The web site is a group of exercises being done by a Chiropractor, a woman maybe in her 60's...not some 'Lance Armstrong' 20 year old. What I failed to realize was that I was supposed to be STRETCHING the Psoas, not Strengthening it!!!
    I had made an assumption.... and there in lay the problem!
    And FWIW, damn thing still is quite troublesome, though not as bad as it had been.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I am sorry to hear that it is still troubling You.
    Yep Ed, that's exactly right! :) Never assume, never made into a *kitten*...thought kitten was an interesting way to say donkey!!! LOL!!! Or should that be donkey-ish!!!
    I'm celebrating a personal victory today. Accidentally happened upon a recipe to make vegan pimento cheese sauce. It just sounded 'right' so I actually went to the store to get a little jar of pimento! And it is delicious... every good as what I get as an appetizer that I like when I'm at R Thomas...it wasn't quite as thick as his, but that's just a matter of adding less water...and because it was a sauce it was really Gr.r.rate on my steamed cauliflower! Happy Dance happened here today!

Roger, I found a very interesting Q&A about 'critter' damage in the garden, how to I.D., and also some suggestions about what to do about the problem. The web site is: A way to Garden.com. I get Margarets news letter, so it showed up in my inbox today...I believe it is also available as a pod cast...which might keep you company on a morning walk. Hope you take a look, and that its helpful.

Later...
    Benny Hill did skits based on the word Assume broken in the first three letters a space out of the U a space and me:)

Thank You for the Suggestion on where to look for critter damage.
    FWIW I have been having a few Raspberries off the new planting this year, yea!
    Yep Ed, that's exactly right! :) Never assume, never made into a *kitten*...thought kitten was an interesting way to say donkey!!! LOL!!! Or should that be donkey-ish!!!
    I'm celebrating a personal victory today. Accidentally happened upon a recipe to make vegan pimento cheese sauce. It just sounded 'right' so I actually went to the store to get a little jar of pimento! And it is delicious... every good as what I get as an appetizer that I like when I'm at R Thomas...it wasn't quite as thick as his, but that's just a matter of adding less water...and because it was a sauce it was really Gr.r.rate on my steamed cauliflower! Happy Dance happened here today!

Roger, I found a very interesting Q&A about 'critter' damage in the garden, how to I.D., and also some suggestions about what to do about the problem. The web site is: A way to Garden.com. I get Margarets news letter, so it showed up in my inbox today...I believe it is also available as a pod cast...which might keep you company on a morning walk. Hope you take a look, and that its helpful.

Later...

It wouldn't let me say A** even though that's not a dirty word! Changing it to "kitten" rather than donkey though seems rather extreme...one wonders what it would change an actually "dirty" word to, as well as just what words are considered "dirty"...

Yay for vegan pimento cheese sauce!

BTW if You are curious just put the Possible naughty words in a message and only use the Preview button and then cancel the post.
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be hot again, with 30% chance of rain. We'll see.
    Hi Ed
    No real rain in the forecast beyond the usual heat inspired localized Thunderstorms and Hot here too.

Have a Comfortable Day Working
    Roger
    Good Morning! Its a beautiful morning here. Too bad I didn't get ANY measurable amount of rain over the weekend, or that today will be 90+ degrees for the 38th (?) day. But for right now, right this minute..it is beautiful.
    I think maybe part of my jubilant mood is I am PAIN FREE...at least for the moment. It seems to be aggravated by sitting for any appreciable length of time. So, today, I am on a 20 minute computer timer!!!
    Also, last night the time of reckoning came, and I had to finish the first weeks lessons in Understanding Vital Signs. OMG! I now know more about our hearts than probably a very large portion of the population. Nothing like a good 'last-minute' cram session to remind you why procrastination is not a virtue! I was Exhausted by the time I finished watching all the vid's, taking 10 quizzes, and the Test over all the material! YIKES!!! You can bet I will do better in this next section....starting today!

Ed....I am laughing my 'kitten' off over here with your explanation of why you used the word 'kitten'. Reminds me of the mushroom days! I wonder if we tried, lets say '*kitten*' (I think that's the way the English spell it....and it works! *kitten*, Fitbit 'dirty word' list makes them look like an *kitten*. Yep, that works...hmmmm, That was way to easy!!! LOL!!! Gotta love the English language. We have more 'redundant' words than I think any other language on Earth! :) And the other anomaly is, I can say damn....no problem!

Ok, breakfast calls. Left overs...Lentils, cauliflower with 'pimento cheeze sauce', and an apple. I usually don't eat apples this time of year, but Roger keeps buying them! And so I've picked up a few for myself and was reminded of how good they taste! Tomorrow, however, I will be eating the two black plums that are in my refrigerator before they become garbage.

Later...

Hi Again
    There are a lot of sound alike words too.

I made the mistake of buying Cherries since they looked good, However they are not really that tasty :( I am however eating them as a Smart Carb with my Dinner since I paid for them.

I have been eating them instead of the oranges as I am pretty sure the oranges will keep better.

The Apples have been tasty lately, Sometimes they can be mealy but not lately. I bought Red Delicious Apples last time as they were 79 cents a pound :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Some Minor Humor
    V17ovy.jpg

KfEy6g.jpg

3CrPog.jpg
    Especially For You Valerie

4mt0rL.gif

xydI5u.jpg

8Oy1RK.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Howdy again y'all. It's bedtime for Bonzo, me and Lilo.

D has been away for a short while but is coming back tonight. J has a 15 year old cousin visiting. For lunch I made cheeseburgers and fries. She liked that. For dinner/supper I made J's favorite spicy cheesy hash brown casserole, sliced tomatoes, steamed, lightly buttered broccoli, seasoned with salt and pepper, steamed, lightly buttered green beans, seasoned with salt and pepper, and she had an ultimate chocolate chunk cookie for dessert. What can I say? We overbaked at work... She doesn't like broccoli but she liked MY broccoli. Apparently she's never really had properly cooked broccoli. She even sent pictures to her mother so her mother, who was astonished, could see her eating broccoli.

So far her visit is going well. I'll continue to try to feed her suitable foods.

G'night all!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday. Still haven't seen that co-manager who was trying to get me to come back and close last Thursday. Not missing her either. I imagine we'll run into each other eventually, and then we'll see what comes out of it.

Supposed to be 97 for the high today, with 20% chance of rain. Another typical Atlanta area summer day.

Lilo's been fed, and I've eaten. So off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking 6700 steps and no money. Tomorrow I will most likely stop at the Grocery Store while walking for Bananas and maybe a head of lettuce. Then a little later on to CostCo.
    Once again it was 76 degrees when I left the house at 6:25 and feeling a little warm on the return to the house leg.

Yesterday Other parts of the state had some storm damage from winds, some near us. As usual it seemed to avoid our town :)

In the afternoon we had a period where we could hear Thunder in the distance and the skies opened up for a period and then it was done and the street was dry by 7PM. It came down so hard it overwhelmed the gutters running off of the roof.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    Howdy again y'all. It's bedtime for Bonzo, me and Lilo.

D has been away for a short while but is coming back tonight. J has a 15 year old cousin visiting. For lunch I made cheeseburgers and fries. She liked that. For dinner/supper I made J's favorite spicy cheesy hash brown casserole, sliced tomatoes, steamed, lightly buttered broccoli, seasoned with salt and pepper, steamed, lightly buttered green beans, seasoned with salt and pepper, and she had an ultimate chocolate chunk cookie for dessert. What can I say? We overbaked at work... She doesn't like broccoli but she liked MY broccoli. Apparently she's never really had properly cooked broccoli. She even sent pictures to her mother so her mother, who was astonished, could see her eating broccoli.

So far her visit is going well. I'll continue to try to feed her suitable foods.

G'night all!
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, I seem to have simple tastes, I like Broccoli too. I tend to just take the frozen vegetables and Microwave them and eat them plain. I have eaten and like it with cheese, With Cheese as a topping on a baked Potato too, Sometimes toss on some crumbled real bacon too.

TBH what 15 YO does not like Cheeseburgers and French Fries :) If I am doing it at home I might add a strip or two of bacon for a change of taste. I have been taking the NS Hamburger and adding to it in different ways.
    Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
    Ketchup,
    Ketchup & Cheese
    Bacon with any of those,
    Or Lettuce Onions and Tomato with Ketchup and or Mayo.
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday. Still haven't seen that co-manager who was trying to get me to come back and close last Thursday. Not missing her either. I imagine we'll run into each other eventually, and then we'll see what comes out of it.

Supposed to be 97 for the high today, with 20% chance of rain. Another typical Atlanta area summer day

I was wondering if That Co-manager had been seen or heard from.

The chance of rain is a staple of our weather forecasts in my area too, usually localized and triggered by a column of rising hot air.

Stay Cool & Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I got out and mowed the lawn I am now up to 8700 steps for the day.

In the sad news area, a second member of the Browns had passed on. From here
    http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Bonnie-Brown-singer-in-family-s-popular-8382482.php
    Bonnie Brown, singer in family’s popular country trio, dies
    Associated Press Published 4:41 pm, Saturday, July 16, 2016

Some of their hits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkbj56bnYs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZSGxXY3xeQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9TIMiLehw

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning....its Tuesday. Work day here in Valerie land!!
    Cats fed, I'm just finishing breakfast, white/light clothes in dryer, and one segment of Week 2 done for my class. This week is Blood Pressure...I really need to do another 2 or 3 segments, cause Wednesday is Soc. Security check day, and I need (everything! LOL!). Seriously, a trip to Costco, for cereal, Turmeric tabs, Hemp Hearts, flea stuff for the Wild Old Guys, (I kinda like that...'The WOGS!!!) yada, yada! And a trip to Kroger for veggies & fruit..that list isn't made yet. But, it will be 98% fruit and veg. Fairly quick, as its all in one place!, and I need to do a Walmart run...cat food is getting low. Walmart can wait...the rest, not really!

Ever so happy....my Psoas was pretty much pain free yesterday. (and today) Only had to stretch it out 2 or 3 times, and that because I spent too much time sitting at this computer! Note to self.....

Loved the cartoons Roger. I really don't remember The Browns...country music wasn't my 'thing'. Yes, I'd heard the song, but not sung by them. I listened all thru High School to night time music from Detroit...MoTown came thru clear as a bell, which considering it was A.M. radio.....
    I still love old MoTown...though many of those folks are now dead.. :(. Oh, well thru the magic of the internet & iTunes, I can find most of it when I am in a mood to listen. :)

Sorry you didn't find coin on your walk today Roger....since your grass is mowed, wanna come mow mine? Gonna be 97, as Ed said... enjoy a day in the south. (I guarantee there isn't gonna be enough iced tea in all of GA to make that temperature feel 'good'.!)

Your rain episode, accurately described our summer rain. Winter time it can slowly rain for days on end...summer is a quick time duration, goodly bit of water! Its crazy.
    But right now I'd be grateful for even a 'Toad Strangler' as my MIL used to call these thunder storms!

Ok, Dryer is calling, let the chores begin.............
    Oh, Ed....I'd just about bet the staffing issue and the MIA supervisor is long gone from her line of sight. If it was important to her, she'd have found you by now and would have had her say. We carry these 'guilts' around for a long time after 'they' have forgotten them.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Speaking of toad stranglers, we're having one right now! Started thundering as I was preparing dinner. Last night's leftovers for me, cheeseburgers and lightly salted wavy chips for everyone else. Got to fold the towels and whites in a minute.

I did encounter that co-manager today. Not a word was spoken about last Thursday, as expected. I figured by now she had found out from someone else that I had already spoken to one of the other co-managers that day and they already knew I had no one to cover the shift, and in any case, they couldn't legally ask me to come back to close (less than 6 hours between morning shift end and closing shift start) and expect anyone to open the next morning (less than 6 hours between closing shift and morning opening). ;)

Glad for the rain we're getting, but could do without the thunder. Laundry should be about ready to fold, so off to the laundry room!

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Forecast online says 98 degrees, 10% chance of rain. That's hot...

Hopefully not too much tagging today.

Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning...Wednesday.
    About to get my shopping list on my phone, and get out the door. As Ed said..gonna be hot today.
    RAIN!!!! Last evening, beautiful wet stuff straight from the sky!!! :) Not quite half an inch, in what? maybe 20 minutes! But everything got washed off, and ground is wet! Lots of run off of course.
    Glad to know Ed, that your co-manager didn't have anything to say about the closing last week. Check that off your brain's list!!! :)

Roger, hope you're having a good walk this morning...

Ok...I'll be back...
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I ended up with 11K+ steps yesterday between walking, Mowing and then Grocery store & more.
    Today I am at 5K steps with more to come when I run out to CostCo in a little while when they open. So far I have picked up Bananas and Apples and a Orange the Local Grocery Store on my walk. Apples were $0.79 a pound, The Bananas $0.49 a pound and the Orange was $0.40 then that was reduced by the 10% Wednesday Senior Discount :)

Today is the pick of the litter for upcoming days. It was in the 60s this morning when I headed out the door, The rest of the long range forecast has overnight lows in the 70s and Saturday they are forecasting 95 to 97 for a high depending on which forecast You believe :)

CostCo might or might not be cheaper for Bananas however their size pack of them would be too big at this time of year and they would go over ripe even refrigerated. The Apples were $1.70 after the discount for four of them. I do not think CostCo's price would be better.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good Morning....its Tuesday. Work day here in Valerie land!!
    Cats fed, I'm just finishing breakfast, white/light clothes in dryer, and one segment of Week 2 done for my class. This week is Blood Pressure...I really need to do another 2 or 3 segments, cause Wednesday is Soc. Security check day, and I need (everything! LOL!). Seriously, a trip to Costco, for cereal, Turmeric tabs, Hemp Hearts, flea stuff for the Wild Old Guys, (I kinda like that...'The WOGS!!!) yada, yada! And a trip to Kroger for veggies & fruit..that list isn't made yet. But, it will be 98% fruit and veg. Fairly quick, as its all in one place!, and I need to do a Walmart run...cat food is getting low. Walmart can wait...the rest, not really!

Ever so happy....my Psoas was pretty much pain free yesterday. (and today) Only had to stretch it out 2 or 3 times, and that because I spent too much time sitting at this computer! Note to self.....

Loved the cartoons Roger. I really don't remember The Browns...country music wasn't my 'thing'. Yes, I'd heard the song, but not sung by them. I listened all thru High School to night time music from Detroit...MoTown came thru clear as a bell, which considering it was A.M. radio.....
    I still love old MoTown...though many of those folks are now dead.. :(. Oh, well thru the magic of the internet & iTunes, I can find most of it when I am in a mood to listen. :)

Sorry you didn't find coin on your walk today Roger....since your grass is mowed, wanna come mow mine? Gonna be 97, as Ed said... enjoy a day in the south. (I guarantee there isn't gonna be enough iced tea in all of GA to make that temperature feel 'good'.!)

Your rain episode, accurately described our summer rain. Winter time it can slowly rain for days on end...summer is a quick time duration, goodly bit of water! Its crazy.
    But right now I'd be grateful for even a 'Toad Strangler' as my MIL used to call these thunder storms!

Ok, Dryer is calling, let the chores begin.............
    Oh, Ed....I'd just about bet the staffing issue and the MIA supervisor is long gone from her line of sight. If it was important to her, she'd have found you by now and would have had her say. We carry these 'guilts' around for a long time after 'they' have forgotten them.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I haven't heard the phrase Toad Strangler in a while :)

I was never into Country either, However I believe the Browns were what I would call a crossover group that did well in Country Music and had plays on the Regular stations too. That would have been where I heard them.

I did my Grocery Store run for fruits already and for CostCo I should be out the door in time to be there and get parked fairly close either before or at the time they open. I have noticed that they open early before the official posted opening time. I have a decent size list for CostCo, however I have a nagging feeling I have forgotten to put something on it.

BTW I buy my Veges at CostCo from the freezer as I like the taste and I believe they are probably frozen closer to when they were harvested than veges that have to work their way through the distribution pipeline. The exception to that being what You buy from a Roadside stand where they grow their own produce. My Brother goes to one of them for Fresh Cantaloupes, They are nice and ripe and actually smell like they should unlike those things You get in the Stores. They also run over 9 pounds each.

Your Wednesday sounds a lot like mine except that my Socialized Security came last Wednesday :)
    Good Morning...Wednesday.
    About to get my shopping list on my phone, and get out the door. As Ed said..gonna be hot today.
    RAIN!!!! Last evening, beautiful wet stuff straight from the sky!!! :) Not quite half an inch, in what? maybe 20 minutes! But everything got washed off, and ground is wet! Lots of run off of course.
    Glad to know Ed, that your co-manager didn't have anything to say about the closing last week. Check that off your brain's list!!! :)

Roger, hope you're having a good walk this morning...

Ok...I'll be back...
    Later...

My CostCo list is on a small clipboard around 4 by 6 in size written on paper, My Flip phone does not do lists. )

My Walk was pleasant.

Have a Good & Productive Shopping trip
    Roger
    Speaking of toad stranglers, we're having one right now! Started thundering as I was preparing dinner. Last night's leftovers for me, cheeseburgers and lightly salted wavy chips for everyone else. Got to fold the towels and whites in a minute.

I did encounter that co-manager today. Not a word was spoken about last Thursday, as expected. I figured by now she had found out from someone else that I had already spoken to one of the other co-managers that day and they already knew I had no one to cover the shift, and in any case, they couldn't legally ask me to come back to close (less than 6 hours between morning shift end and closing shift start) and expect anyone to open the next morning (less than 6 hours between closing shift and morning opening). ;)

Glad for the rain we're getting, but could do without the thunder. Laundry should be about ready to fold, so off to the laundry room!
    Hi Ed
    I'm glad to hear that You now put that behind You completely.

The Cheeseburgers And Chips sound delicious too.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Forecast online says 98 degrees, 10% chance of rain. That's hot...

Hopefully not too much tagging today.

I am not looking forward to temperatures near that for the weekend especially as the humidity is supposed to go back up for the foreseeable future too.

Good Luck having a easy Tag day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tag day wasn't TOO bad. There was a bit of outdoor tagging but I got it all done in one round, changing 4 tags at each of 7 pump sets to make 14 pumps updated with 28 tags.

Indoor tagging was light. It wasn't hot out this morning but it was terribly sticky after last night's storm, which also got water into most of the spill buckets at the gasoline fill points, and I had to siphon some and soak some up with pads.

Today is the first anniversary of our courthouse wedding, and I decided it was just too darn hot to cook, so I bought some potato salad, boiled eggs, cheese and pimentos and we had a cold lunch of potato salad, egg salad, pimento salad, stuffed olives (already in the fridge), and yellow grape tomatoes.

I felt stuffed from it, that's for sure.

Might be most of dinner too. We'll see...

Nap time!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Ed and Jason!!! Really a year, already?? WOW! Time's flown by!
    Hugs to you both!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, you'd have loved my shopping today! LOL!!...Got out of Kroger with all the produce I needed except for the bagged spinach..that I prefer from Publix. Need to go there on Wednesdays anyhow, to put my Blood Pressure Check in my phone for Little Doc...
    So, most expensive thing on my $41 dollar register tape, (don't faint Roger...$8.99 for a small bottle of nail polish!) LOL!!! The tab at Publix was $20....not bad for a weeks groceries.

Bought escarole this week, they didn't have any last week, and I was afraid it was gone for the summer. So today was a pleasant find. Also bought a big bunch of turnip greens. Don't think I've ever cooked, or eaten them...will let you know how that goes!

I have to tell you how I scared the stripes off the raccoons tails Monday afternoon.
    So many domestic animals are afraid of vacuum cleaners...so I set my Dyson by the back door, and she showed up....with FOUR babies!!! (maybe she's running a day care?) Anyhow, you never saw such scrambling. And who was off the porch first???? The mama! She ran from the scary machine, and left her babies. 3 made it off the porch, and the 4th, poor little guy, went the wrong way, and couldn't find the 'cat windows' to get out...so I did the stupid thing, and went out onto the porch to 'urge him' in the right direction....little beggar was gonna charge me!!! So I poked the sweeper in his direction, and he finally did get off the porch...nobody waited for him either!!! I can't tell you how very cute 4 baby raccoons are. BUT, not welcome on my porch. They haven't been back since, but MaMa did show up today, and I had her running before she was even half way across the porch.

Chiro tomorrow...I need it. And I thought I was going to the mountains with my buddy on Friday, to buy the biggest, sweetest, most perfect peaches...but she's going Next Friday, and I have an appointment that day...so no trip to the mountains for me.

And, the manager at the gym called and very nicely asked if I could work for about 3 hours some Saturday in August...they all need to have their CPR certifications renewed... I said sure, thinking it might be fun for 3 hours. Well, text today said only date she could get was for a Sunday, at 7 a.m......like noooooooo. That would mean I needed to be there at 6:30 to open...heck, I'd need to start the computers, and I have no passwords, no key to the front door even. (gave that back!!), Also I'm pretty sure I don't even remember how to ring up drinks, etc. I really feel a bit bad for not doing it....but, noooooo. Last time I worked it cause I was off the schedule of the others, and ended up having to get my certification online. So, noooooo!!!! I don't need that kinda stress, not even for 3 hours.

OK, I't well past dinner time, and I need to eat!

In the morning guys...

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Online forecast says 94 for the high, 50% chance of rain. Telephone forecast says 89 and shows rain late this afternoon.

I'll take the latter, please.

Woke up this morning to find that J and cousin had "cleaned off" the table and put all my bananas together in the fruit dish, not considering that there might have been a REASON they weren't already physically close together in the fruit dish...though I'm pretty sure I told J why I separate them. He may have forgotten. Don't know how long they were together or how much extra ripening they did while together.

Oh well, off to the rat mines!

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was 69 degrees out the door with 93% Humidity this morning + 6100 steps. Despite the humidity it was not too bad walking, out the door at 6:25 with a slight breeze that sadly went away :(

I walked past the Wild Berry patch looking for Raspberries, Not much luck this year the few that are there are small and Bitter this year, Last year the were delicious. I am lucky to be getting a few from the newly planted in the back yard Raspberries. Not super huge but tasty and since this is the first year nice to get. Yesterday I 7 or 8 from there to go with the others I have had from the plants recently. It seems they like the soil as some of the are really tall. They started out short and the tallest is now over 6 feet tall :) I think I got lucky with the one that some critter broke over. I Planted a stake and tied it up and so far it seems to be doing OK.

I had about 60% of my daily Banana before I left for the walk, Right now I am drinking my Strawberries & Cream Protein Premier Protein Shake Bought at CostCo on a previous trip, 30g Protein, 160 Calories and 5g carbs. Yesterday I had a NS Vanilla Protein Shakes with a really ripe Banana blended in as a My Mid-morning PF + SC Snack. Later on around 9:30 I plan on having the balance of my Banana in my Breakfast Cereal. In case anyone is interested that will be Multi Grain Cheerios with Sweetener 110 Calories and 50 Calories of Dollar Store 1% milk :)

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Tag day wasn't TOO bad. There was a bit of outdoor tagging but I got it all done in one round, changing 4 tags at each of 7 pump sets to make 14 pumps updated with 28 tags.

Indoor tagging was light. It wasn't hot out this morning but it was terribly sticky after last night's storm, which also got water into most of the spill buckets at the gasoline fill points, and I had to siphon some and soak some up with pads.

Today is the first anniversary of our courthouse wedding, and I decided it was just too darn hot to cook, so I bought some potato salad, boiled eggs, cheese and pimentos and we had a cold lunch of potato salad, egg salad, pimento salad, stuffed olives (already in the fridge), and yellow grape tomatoes.

I felt stuffed from it, that's for sure.

Might be most of dinner too. We'll see...
    Hi Ed
    Spill Buckets? I am guessing something to wash down where careless people spill gas when pumping. Here in NJ so far self serve is not allowed at gas stations. I have noticed that some attendants are in such a hurry they pull the hose while it is still dribbling, That make a mockery of the Vapor recovery systems.

A Belated Happy Anniversary

I have had times when I did not feel like cooking anything in the past so in my case that meant Diner or Fast Food or the Hot and Cold grocery Store Food Bar.

OTOH Tag is now behind You for another week :)
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Online forecast says 94 for the high, 50% chance of rain. Telephone forecast says 89 and shows rain late this afternoon.

I'll take the latter, please.

Woke up this morning to find that J and cousin had "cleaned off" the table and put all my bananas together in the fruit dish, not considering that there might have been a REASON they weren't already physically close together in the fruit dish...though I'm pretty sure I told J why I separate them. He may have forgotten. Don't know how long they were together or how much extra ripening they did while together.

I have kept them in the Vegetable Dish with Onions, Potatoes and Tomatoes in the past, Then I realized that was not a good thing and started keeping them separated and that worked until Summer set in. Now they go in the refrigerator until the night before I plan to have one and that helps.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Happy Anniversary Ed and Jason!!! Really a year, already?? WOW! Time's flown by!
    Hugs to you both!
    Roger, you'd have loved my shopping today! LOL!!...Got out of Kroger with all the produce I needed except for the bagged spinach..that I prefer from Publix. Need to go there on Wednesdays anyhow, to put my Blood Pressure Check in my phone for Little Doc...
    So, most expensive thing on my $41 dollar register tape, (don't faint Roger...$8.99 for a small bottle of nail polish!) LOL!!! The tab at Publix was $20....not bad for a weeks groceries.

Bought escarole this week, they didn't have any last week, and I was afraid it was gone for the summer. So today was a pleasant find. Also bought a big bunch of turnip greens. Don't think I've ever cooked, or eaten them...will let you know how that goes!

I have to tell you how I scared the stripes off the raccoons tails Monday afternoon.
    So many domestic animals are afraid of vacuum cleaners...so I set my Dyson by the back door, and she showed up....with FOUR babies!!! (maybe she's running a day care?) Anyhow, you never saw such scrambling. And who was off the porch first???? The mama! She ran from the scary machine, and left her babies. 3 made it off the porch, and the 4th, poor little guy, went the wrong way, and couldn't find the 'cat windows' to get out...so I did the stupid thing, and went out onto the porch to 'urge him' in the right direction....little beggar was gonna charge me!!! So I poked the sweeper in his direction, and he finally did get off the porch...nobody waited for him either!!! I can't tell you how very cute 4 baby raccoons are. BUT, not welcome on my porch. They haven't been back since, but MaMa did show up today, and I had her running before she was even half way across the porch.

Chiro tomorrow...I need it. And I thought I was going to the mountains with my buddy on Friday, to buy the biggest, sweetest, most perfect peaches...but she's going Next Friday, and I have an appointment that day...so no trip to the mountains for me.

And, the manager at the gym called and very nicely asked if I could work for about 3 hours some Saturday in August...they all need to have their CPR certifications renewed... I said sure, thinking it might be fun for 3 hours. Well, text today said only date she could get was for a Sunday, at 7 a.m......like noooooooo. That would mean I needed to be there at 6:30 to open...heck, I'd need to start the computers, and I have no passwords, no key to the front door even. (gave that back!!), Also I'm pretty sure I don't even remember how to ring up drinks, etc. I really feel a bit bad for not doing it....but, noooooo. Last time I worked it cause I was off the schedule of the others, and ended up having to get my certification online. So, noooooo!!!! I don't need that kinda stress, not even for 3 hours.

OK, I't well past dinner time, and I need to eat!

In the morning guys...
    Hi Valerie
    I hate to admit it but my CostCo bill was $163.06. Those Pesky paper Goods add up Case of Charmin $22 and two cases of Kleenex $17.69 each, add in the AA & AAA Duracell batteries. Add in four large bags of frozen veges etc.

BTW I saw that they have a Organic Foods sale until August 7, if You know anyone that uses them, it might pay to look for their booklet showing what is on sale.

Interesting method for dealing with the Raccoons, as I remember You had Cat food on the porch for cats not as a Raccoon buffet :)

I am sorry to hear You will miss the fresh Georgia Peaches. I can understand why You turned down that offer of work too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger