Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Sometimes You can't make it up or It is hard to believe
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3709467/Special-delivery-Democrats-procure-flags-convention-stage-embarrassing-oversight-leaves-Old-Glory-missing-Monday-night-s-festivities.html
    Special delivery! Democrats procure flags for convention stage after embarrassing oversight leaves Old Glory missing from Monday night's festivities
    http://www.wtae.com/national/all-4-wheels-fall-off-after-brake-job/39581986
    All 4 wheels fall off after brake job
    Visit to California Jiffy Lube results in some problems
    UPDATED 4:59 AM EDT May 17, 2016
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Trump stole the flag from the convention floor....LOL!!! Democrats don't forget.

You know if all 4 wheels fell off a car, it would do a LOT of damage besides the wheels. Wonder if there's a follow up to that story? Sad. Just plain Sad.

Now, it will be interesting to see what diseases the mummy had.

Spent $48 bucks at Kroger...saved $9 from being old, and buying stuff on sale! Have a couple things to pick up at Publix...yes, spinach! But I got beautiful organic swiss chard, kale, and bok choi. I also need an English cuke...I must have walked right past them...and if my body holds up, I'd like to run to Whole Food for some seitan, and one or two entrees that THEY cooked! :)
    Since I have next to nothing to pick up I should be able to do that. (I'd sure hope!)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,717 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 92 and 20% today. Sound familiar?

Mother in law and cousin in law are still here. Got up from nap last night feeling rather disgruntled to find the kitchen table full of people talking and doing puzzles. I had planned to make shepherds pie last night but just had a sandwich and some chips, fed the sugar gliders and went to bed for the night, leaving them all planning a Chinese carryout or delivery order, destined to have so many leftovers the refrigerator is overstuffed this morning. When J asked if I wanted anything for "tomorrow" (meaning today) I knew perfectly well that I wouldn't and there wouldn't really be room for anything else anyway.

Got up this morning, tossed a pile of fortune cookies and some condiments (left on the table) into the trash and made breakfast for Lilo and then for me. This was at the third or fourth night that cousin in law stayed up all night and was still in the living room when I got up. We don't interact at that hour but it disturbs me when ANYONE is up and active during my ME-ALONE-ALL ME AND NO ONE ELSE time first thing in the morning, whether we interact or not.

As usual she went to bed in the middle of my getting my breakfast together, as if finally noticing how late/early it had become.

You know what they say about fish and guests...

Off to the salt races...

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I ended up with 10.3k steps yesterday, So far today I am at 7025 steps :) Around 10AM I will be heading out to the doctors for the follow up visit and to see if that X-ray showed anything.
    Wish me luck, It was 77 degrees at 6AM and humid. So far the plan is to walk there anyway and probably pick up a Decaf on the way home with a little ice in it to make it drinkable right away. I will adjust the route to the doctor to as short as possible or take a longer route based on how it feels when I get out the door. Tomorrow may be a different story according to the weather forecast.

According to my brother who went out and cleaned his AC filter while I was walking he needed a large blade to cut his way to the picnic table it was so humid :) His words were, I looked like one of the Three Musketeers waving my long blade.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Trump stole the flag from the convention floor....LOL!!! Democrats don't forget.

You know if all 4 wheels fell off a car, it would do a LOT of damage besides the wheels. Wonder if there's a follow up to that story? Sad. Just plain Sad.

Now, it will be interesting to see what diseases the mummy had.

Spent $48 bucks at Kroger...saved $9 from being old, and buying stuff on sale! Have a couple things to pick up at Publix...yes, spinach! But I got beautiful organic swiss chard, kale, and bok choi. I also need an English cuke...I must have walked right past them...and if my body holds up, I'd like to run to Whole Food for some seitan, and one or two entrees that THEY cooked! :)
    Since I have next to nothing to pick up I should be able to do that. (I'd sure hope!)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    In some ways the Old days were not that good, poor medical care and short lives. Imagine being old at 30 to 40 years of age.

Nothing wrong with buying sale items if You use them anyway nor with buying things near the end of their shelf life if You use them promptly. My Brother buys a lot of his meat that way, when it is that way they mark it down to 1/2 price.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 92 and 20% today. Sound familiar?

Mother in law and cousin in law are still here. Got up from nap last night feeling rather disgruntled to find the kitchen table full of people talking and doing puzzles. I had planned to make shepherds pie last night but just had a sandwich and some chips, fed the sugar gliders and went to bed for the night, leaving them all planning a Chinese carryout or delivery order, destined to have so many leftovers the refrigerator is overstuffed this morning. When J asked if I wanted anything for "tomorrow" (meaning today) I knew perfectly well that I wouldn't and there wouldn't really be room for anything else anyway.

Got up this morning, tossed a pile of fortune cookies and some condiments (left on the table) into the trash and made breakfast for Lilo and then for me. This was at the third or fourth night that cousin in law stayed up all night and was still in the living room when I got up. We don't interact at that hour but it disturbs me when ANYONE is up and active during my ME-ALONE-ALL ME AND NO ONE ELSE time first thing in the morning, whether we interact or not.

As usual she went to bed in the middle of my getting my breakfast together, as if finally noticing how late/early it had become.

You know what they say about fish and guests...
    Hi Ed
    Lucky You, Not!
    I do know what they say about fish & guests. I would be disgruntled with someone like that too.

Stay Cool & Dry
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I'm finally getting a little "ME!" time. Everyone else, including room mate D, has gone downtown to see the capital building, and will be having dinner out. I will probably be asleep before they get home. I declined the journey as it wasn't at all likely they'd be back in time for me to get as much sleep as I'd like to get.

Instead, I'm enjoying being alone.

Tonight’s dinner: Baked pork chops with lightly buttered, steamed green beans.

Wine of choice: 2014 La Combe Rouge, PAYS D’OC (as opposed to the much lesser known WHATS UP D’OC?), a nice, fairly dry red table wine from France.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Last I looked, cousin D was still in the living room watching some movie. I don't hear anything right now, so maybe she went to bed...J was still up when I got up too. We're supposed to go cabin camping this weekend and if he thinks I'm driving, he's got another think coming. I intend to nap in his vehicle on the way.

Especially disgruntled this morning as J insisted on actually TALKING TO ME at this ungodly hour. I get up this early to give myself plenty of time to WAKE UP ON MY OWN and then get on to work. I have no desire to see anyone or interact with anyone...until I get to work.

Only supposed to be 89 degrees today with 40% chance of rain. I like the temperature prediction!

Off to the rat mines.

• RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I reached just over 12K steps Yesterday with the secondary walk to the Doctors when I got out of the house at 10:10, It was hot enough to be somewhat uncomfortable and more so on the return trip as it was warmer and I made a stop at the Produce store for a Head of Lettuce for me and Celery for my Brother, He also wanted Pine Nuts for his Pesto, They sold out until sometime today. He ended up going to the Grocery store and buying them as everything else was ready. The Grocery Store was more expensive too.

I Went for a walk today despite the rain, I managed to get to 7K steps despite that. The rain was light heading out and as it worked out harder just after the furthest point in the walk and some wind picked up too.

Here are some Tennessee Ernie Ford songs, I was listening to music today since I finished the Old time radio show I was listening to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0l-xPhWzs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLXRHZFAio&index=9&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIo43SPH7es&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB&index=18

Here is a link to a playlist of some songs by him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtYlrWDVoA&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB

The doctor visit went well, I walked there FWIW. Blood report and X-ray results:
    Cholesterol good, Blood Sugar good, Blood Pressure Good, Everything was in the normal range. The PSA was good too, Something I believe You do not have to worry about :)

The X-ray showed no Problems.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I'm finally getting a little "ME!" time. Everyone else, including room mate D, has gone downtown to see the capital building, and will be having dinner out. I will probably be asleep before they get home. I declined the journey as it wasn't at all likely they'd be back in time for me to get as much sleep as I'd like to get.

Instead, I'm enjoying being alone.

Tonight’s dinner: Baked pork chops with lightly buttered, steamed green beans.

Wine of choice: 2014 La Combe Rouge, PAYS D’OC (as opposed to the much lesser known WHATS UP D’OC?), a nice, fairly dry red table wine from France.
    Hi Ed
    Me time is important :)

Baked Pork Chops sounds delicious too, Did You bread them first. FWIW I think I would bake them on a rack to let some of the fat drip off.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Last I looked, cousin D was still in the living room watching some movie. I don't hear anything right now, so maybe she went to bed...J was still up when I got up too. We're supposed to go cabin camping this weekend and if he thinks I'm driving, he's got another think coming. I intend to nap in his vehicle on the way.

Especially disgruntled this morning as J insisted on actually TALKING TO ME at this ungodly hour. I get up this early to give myself plenty of time to WAKE UP ON MY OWN and then get on to work. I have no desire to see anyone or interact with anyone...until I get to work.

Only supposed to be 89 degrees today with 40% chance of rain. I like the temperature prediction!

Off to the rat mines.
    Hi Again
    Before I head out the door walking I stick my head up the stairs and let my Brother know as he likes to know, Just in case. I want to get going and he wants to stand there chatting :) I need my Coffee before I feel sociable. I saw some other hardy souls walking in the rain with Bumbershoots AKA Umbrellas while walking and of course I also saw the one fellow that I always see jogging when I head in that direction. We have chatted in the past, Today he was on the other side of a busy road so no talk just a wave Hi.

Have a Good time Camping
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi!
    Thursday was a great day to be in the North GA Mountains...it was 75 degrees and wonderful breeze! Peaches are delicious! Wasn't home until almost 9 last night...trash out, cats fed, cereal 'inhaled', and I was in bed...happy, and tired!
    Today...up and out...Hair cut and curl in ATL...home and a nap!
    DS2 coming out to visit tomorrow, DS1 will be coming home from Hilton Head. I think there was at least a shower while I napped...driveway was wet, as was one of the cats when he came to dinner. The other cat was dry as a bone...guess I know who'd been in the hen house! :)
    Shortly off to bed, and should have my energy back by tomorrow.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 95 predicted for the high with 20% chance of rain. We got in to the campground a bit later than planned because my CSA box was a bit later than usual in arriving. But get here we did, and met friends for pizza in their cabin. Breakfast planned for 9:00 so you know I've already had some food. I can't wait THAT late comfortably. But I brought shelf stable snacks, so I've had some mandarin oranges (in a small sealed plastic bowl, packed in water), one can of Vienna sausages (OK, not the best food to have, but it's FOOD) and some pretzel cheese sauce dippers. Breakfast later is supposed to be bacon and eggs and juice, toast and/or pastries (which I'll definitely skip on the pastries)...I may have a bite of bacon and eggs and maybe a sip of juice, but not too much. Concentrated carbs in juice you know.

As their cabin is a bit of a walk from our cabin, down the trail past the pool (where we spent some quality time last night) we are getting our exercise while here!

Time to try to get J moving as he takes a while to get going in the mornings sometimes.

No salt races or rat mines!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed...I hit the like button...no salt races or rat mines! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! You deserve it!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I managed 8500+ steps yesterday, That's what I get for getting out in the rain and not waiting for it to end, today 8643 steps already.

I did a quick look at the garden, evidently the other 5 Raspberries that had no fruit are really late fruiting, They have small Berries now and the other 5 are already done producing :)

75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ.

While I was out I was listening to some Petula Clark that I captured from a LP, I paid a Giant 49cents for years ago still sealed, This is one of the Songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8U7ExAt8Ys
    And This on by ABC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jiV0BsB590
    and two versions of this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVzzQLCo_A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLLrHAB3X0

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi!
    Thursday was a great day to be in the North GA Mountains...it was 75 degrees and wonderful breeze! Peaches are delicious! Wasn't home until almost 9 last night...trash out, cats fed, cereal 'inhaled', and I was in bed...happy, and tired!
    Today...up and out...Hair cut and curl in ATL...home and a nap!
    DS2 coming out to visit tomorrow, DS1 will be coming home from Hilton Head. I think there was at least a shower while I napped...driveway was wet, as was one of the cats when he came to dinner. The other cat was dry as a bone...guess I know who'd been in the hen house! :)
    Shortly off to bed, and should have my energy back by tomorrow.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    It sounds as if You had a great day Friday.

I know You are ecstatic that family is coming over today

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 95 predicted for the high with 20% chance of rain. We got in to the campground a bit later than planned because my CSA box was a bit later than usual in arriving. But get here we did, and met friends for pizza in their cabin. Breakfast planned for 9:00 so you know I've already had some food. I can't wait THAT late comfortably. But I brought shelf stable snacks, so I've had some mandarin oranges (in a small sealed plastic bowl, packed in water), one can of Vienna sausages (OK, not the best food to have, but it's FOOD) and some pretzel cheese sauce dippers. Breakfast later is supposed to be bacon and eggs and juice, toast and/or pastries (which I'll definitely skip on the pastries)...I may have a bite of bacon and eggs and maybe a sip of juice, but not too much. Concentrated carbs in juice you know.

As their cabin is a bit of a walk from our cabin, down the trail past the pool (where we spent some quality time last night) we are getting our exercise while here!

Time to try to get J moving as he takes a while to get going in the mornings sometimes.
    Hi Ed
    That's always the way that something is late when You were depending on it to be on time :)

It Sounds as if You are planning a great Weekend

Have a Great Time
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning!
    ITs a beautiful Saturday here in GA!
    DS2 coming out here is a bit to frame two prints I have for my kitchen. Prints of what? Vegetables of course! :)
    That said, enjoying my cup of coffee, and soon to get my breakfast going.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Roger, I remember Petula Clark, and I recall C'est si bon, but I do not remember it in French! LOL!! For a second there I thought my hearing had experienced a sharp decline overnight!
    Thanks for the chuckle!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    ITs a beautiful Saturday here in GA!
    DS2 coming out here is a bit to frame two prints I have for my kitchen. Prints of what? Vegetables of course! :)
    That said, enjoying my cup of coffee, and soon to get my breakfast going.

Later...
    Roger, I remember Petula Clark, and I recall C'est si bon, but I do not remember it in French! LOL!! For a second there I thought my hearing had experienced a sharp decline overnight!
    Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Hi Valerie
    Vegetable Prints, Hmmm....

Evidently She is Bilingual :)
    Nope Not Your hearing, Just my like for the slightly offbeat :)

FWIW My brother was out to PA. and picked up lots of goodies, fresh off the plant Sweet Corn and Cantaloupes. He did not beat the rain back and You should have heard him complaining about the (*&_^ drivers that can not drive in the rain such as the ones going 10 MPH under the limit and the Chrysler 300 that kept would get up to a blazing 45 MPH and then drift back down to 40MPH and pick back up. So of course he got trapped behind it with a line of cars going 65+ MPH in the left lane. The Fruit smells so good too, unlike what they sell in the Grocery Store and Produce Store here in town.

Have a Good Saturday, What's left of it
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Vintage prints from the 1800's Paris, France. Beautiful color drawings of old varieties of vegetables, and each has a fruit or two in the mix. Really pretty. They're framed in flat black frames and look great where we hung them. These prints were 'rescued' from a pile that was destined for the trash dumpster. I also have old prints of flowers, but I really liked the veggie ones. :)

Those vegetables and fruits are going to taste soooo good! I know about the rain, and drivers...you just have to pop a piece of gum in your mouth, and find something on the radio, remind yourself that the object of the adventure it to 'arrive alive'. :). No point in being upset, cuz its not going to make the situation any better. Or he could have pulled off the road at the first diner or fast food place and spent some time off road till he 'cooled down' himself!
    Maybe the cantaloupe he has for breakfast or the corn for dinner will help!

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 92 predicted today with the usual 20%. Heading back to home this morning/afternoon. Would love to be able to stay longer but home, cats, gliders, and work beckon. Le sigh...

• RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I managed 10,800+ steps yesterday, Today I am currently at 6223 steps + 1.5 cents, I found a beat up 1/2 of a penny in the street :) I was out the door at the usual time too. It must be very humid as I have been out in this temperature before and I never sweated like I did today. 75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ. Saturday the skies opened up for a while and then a steady soaking rain. nearby towns were in the 2.5" to 3.8" range for rain, other areas were higher or lower :)

No need to go watering the plants for a couple of days either.

I ran across this message thread yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream
    and went to where You can buy online, They also sell other brands on this site FWIW.
    http://icecreamsource.com/
    I also found through their website http://www.halotop.com/ that it available nearby at the Kings Grocery store.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger