Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ed, I wish everybody had your knowledge of those Sell by and Use By dates. Did you know those dates are set by the mfg...so they can print anything!!! I think they've pretty much quit putting those dates on water! I know I ate on occasion NS meals that were past dates.

Like Eduardo, I got bored with the meals, and disliked how the ones that I really liked would seemingly disappear around the first of January. Like Roger, I tried nearly all of the new ones that were to take the place of the retired meals...but I will say the weight did come off. :) no argument there!

Ankle....got one for sale. hoping to find a new one on sale~ My Chiro is concerned, and thats why I love and trust my Chiro....'Are you agreeable to go to a podiatrist? Me.. If thats what you think I need to do. Chiro.. his name is _____, he's a nerd! But I like him and go to him myself. Now, what more recommendation does one need? So tomorrow I will be calling this nerdy podiatrist to see if he can figure out what I need to do next. I'm up for most anything except surgery...He'd have to do a LOT of explaining before I go for that! Actually I don't know if Podiatrist can so surgery....that might be another Doc...like a Ortho Foot guy. Makes me tired thinking about it, BUT I'll not beg trouble...so next step is seeing what my Chiro thinks is a nerd!!! LOL!!

See you tomorrow...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Ariel actually licked a little of the gruel from the bowl after her dinnertime syringe full of food! We're hoping that this force feeding won't be needed too long. We do want at least one more syringe full tonight before bed. That will have given her nearly a quarter of a can of cat food, CANNED cat food that she never would eat before. She only ate crunchy kibble, but we can't make a thin gruel from that.

We may be able to get her on canned food with this. Regardless, I need to go get some more special canned food for her tomorrow.
  • parityanimal
    :open_mouth:

We got her to eat some canned food! Just a small bite or two, but she voluntarily ate some! We may still have to do a bit more coaxing and force feeding but we've definitely made progress!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    yHqceA.jpg

NIaoC0.jpg

O7Uccc.jpg

AzWRPN.gif

GqLxak.jpg

Rrw1ux.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 5044 Steps. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning.
    I did not go as far as usual, Why? Yesterday the car did not start so I am waiting on AAA to come and get it going :( Then I will be heading to the garage with it and walking back home. Thus I should be at my step count or possibly past it when I get back home.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Sink is cleared and dishwasher is running. Need to get out to buy a little bit of cat food today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    The abandoned land of Disney's Animal Kingdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJbNZmPiNmQ
  • parityanimal
    Old commercials that would be politically incorrect today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66mQz44pPY4
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning!
    WOW! its a beautiful, clear, sunny morning in my little corner of the world. Lunch today with Marietta, and then a call in to the recommended podiatrist, hopeful for an appointment tomorrow or Thursday. Read his web site, and the patient comments all very good. Now, to find out if Medicare will pay for it, and then will he accept medicare.

Roger, hope there's nothing bad wrong with your car. Hate it when they just suddenly don't work. And its never at a good time either! Will watch for a late day post....

Ed, good news
    edit....what the heck?? it just lopped off the good words about Ariel licking her dish to get the last little morsels of "wet" food!

I wouldn't have even seen this, but I'd 'wandered off to read an email, and when I closed it my post was sitting there, and I realized that it was missing a good bit of 'type'....makes no sense.
    Ok, now to get on with my day....hope this all doesn't disappear too!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...even if it is Monday. Since none of us are drawing a salary...does it matter?

Chiro called and they can see me at 2:30...so that will be good. Sitting with my ankle in a bucket of cold Epsom Salts water. It was not particularly hurtful this morning, but as I move around a bit, it will become uncomfortable..trying to get ahead of the curve.

I have a box grater, hmmmm, wonder where I put it??? I wasn't at all sure I could use the Foreman to make decent hash browns, so I took the easy way out! Next time will most likely grate my own potato. :)

So, pick up knives and go to the scent shop at Ansley Mall, then drive back to Ponce, and make a quick scan of the hot bar...hoping to find a steamed veg and some chicken fried Tofu, driving a bit farther down Ponce to Decatur and my Chiro...finally to home. I'm thinking about 4 hours of my day :)

Roger, just to tease you a bit....I have pinkish small black berries on the bushes that I didn't pull!!! Just a few more weeks!!!! (you will have ripe berries close to the 4th of July..that's when our blackberry patch was prime ripe in MO...and also 95 - 100 degrees.)

Ed, hope Ariel has found her appetite by this morning. I can't imagine trying to 'force feed' Tom E. or force anything else for that matter. He's too quick with the bite or the claws. I'd come back looking like I'd been in combat and lost!!!

Ok, shower time and then out the door, Oh, notification...pop up said Ed had posted..

THEN I'll go shower!!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Just curious, if or when You make the Potato dish again will You be grating them in the skin or peeled? I find that the Skin does not bother me.

I have to say the the Blossoms on Blackberry bush are a lot nicer looking then the ones on the early fruiting Raspberry that is also in bloom.

Tease away, I can take, I think I can anyway :)
    Ed, I wish everybody had your knowledge of those Sell by and Use By dates. Did you know those dates are set by the mfg...so they can print anything!!! I think they've pretty much quit putting those dates on water! I know I ate on occasion NS meals that were past dates.

Like Eduardo, I got bored with the meals, and disliked how the ones that I really liked would seemingly disappear around the first of January. Like Roger, I tried nearly all of the new ones that were to take the place of the retired meals...but I will say the weight did come off. :) no argument there!

Ankle....got one for sale. hoping to find a new one on sale~ My Chiro is concerned, and thats why I love and trust my Chiro....'Are you agreeable to go to a podiatrist? Me.. If thats what you think I need to do. Chiro.. his name is _____, he's a nerd! But I like him and go to him myself. Now, what more recommendation does one need? So tomorrow I will be calling this nerdy podiatrist to see if he can figure out what I need to do next. I'm up for most anything except surgery...He'd have to do a LOT of explaining before I go for that! Actually I don't know if Podiatrist can so surgery....that might be another Doc...like a Ortho Foot guy. Makes me tired thinking about it, BUT I'll not beg trouble...so next step is seeing what my Chiro thinks is a nerd!!! LOL!!

See you tomorrow...

I knew those dates were set by the seller and I also know that something that was in date today does not suddenly turn bad overnight just based on that date.

Our bottled water actually has dates on it. As I understand it the reason is it can pick up off tastes through the plastic bottle, it is not unsafe, just not very palatable as I understand it.

Update: I'm back from dropping off the car and when I looked at the FitBit I am at 8700 steps on the nose :)

I'm not sure what they are replacing yet, unless that is tied into the ones that show as low inventory ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    We have offered Cold water bottles from the refrigerator to the Mailman, Meter reader etc in the past.

It makes a person wonder sometimes. I had some old expired, likely safe to eat cans of Corn and cans of peas that it never occurred to me to donate, instead I open one at a time and drain the fluid, put the contents in the garbage the day it goes to the curb and recycle the can. My bad wasting the food by not catching it in time to donate it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Actually, I don't worry much about the dates on canned food, unless the can is obviously swollen, or leaking, or the food looks/smells bad when opened. Most canned goods can be kept well past the "sell by" or "best by" dates.

Also true for shelf stable foods like the Nutrisystem stuff. Now I wouldn't necessarily trust it several YEARS past the date, but several months, sometimes even a year or slightly more, depending on just what it is. Before I actually joined NS I tried it out buying a bunch of marked down, remaindered NS food at Big Lots, to see if maybe I actually liked the stuff before making the big plunge. Most of that was technically past the "sell by", "best by", "use by" date, but only by 6 months or less. Trying those was enough for me to be willing to run the program for a while, and I have to say the program does work, but can get rather boring for a chef like Eduardo, even fixing things up as much as possible with all the add-ons and whatever spices are available. Once I learned the basic stats for a meal, it wasn't to difficult to start making them on my own, and I could see NS actually drifting away from their own stats with some of the newer foods, in order to provide tastier alternatives for some. Especially in the snack/dessert line.

I've used canned curry paste that was over a year past the "best by" date and it was fine. I think common sense and a good sense of smell can usually suffice to make the decision.

And, of course, err on the side of caution. If it looks/smells off or anything, toss and move on. The garbage disposal isn't going to get sick from eating it.
    Hi Ed
    I wish I had run into that clearance sale TBH. I missed it however, Oh well. What I have found is that some of the canned goods are probably safe but they get a canned taste to them :) that is less than desirable. Recently my Brother picked up a Pouch of Sweet Corn and It tasted fine, however it had a short shelf life on the pouch, especially when compared to the canned product.

I have had bulging cans that got tossed, OTOH they were overlooked until way, way past their use by date.

I bought a bunch of old NS items from other members back on the old NS forum, They did have to be well under 1/2 price including shipping to be worth it since if I pay with the Gift Cards I can save 20% on my regular shipment and then the ones I have on hand from the last CostCo sale were $55 for a $100 face so the math works out as a good buy when buying withe the Auto delivery. Example:
    $5 item with a 20% discount is $4 then pay with the 45% off gift card and the final cost is $2.20. Less than 1/2, if that makes me cheap, so be it :)

I need to go adjust my order as I am top heavy with the frozen desserts AKA Snacks. So I add some lunches and Dinners A La Carte and with the Breakfast cereal and not ordering frozen snacks on Ready To Go snacks I hope to get back into a semblance of balance. Why the RTG snacks? I have a lot of the frozen ones in the freezer :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    WOW! its a beautiful, clear, sunny morning in my little corner of the world. Lunch today with Marietta, and then a call in to the recommended podiatrist, hopeful for an appointment tomorrow or Thursday. Read his web site, and the patient comments all very good. Now, to find out if Medicare will pay for it, and then will he accept medicare.

Roger, hope there's nothing bad wrong with your car. Hate it when they just suddenly don't work. And its never at a good time either! Will watch for a late day post....

Ed, good news
    edit....what the heck?? it just lopped off the good words about Ariel licking her dish to get the last little morsels of "wet" food!

I wouldn't have even seen this, but I'd 'wandered off to read an email, and when I closed it my post was sitting there, and I realized that it was missing a good bit of 'type'....makes no sense.
    Ok, now to get on with my day....hope this all doesn't disappear too!!

Later...

Hi Again
    I suspect that the Battery has died. It was OK last week and not this week, Oh Well. I dropped it off after AAA jumped me so that they could also check the charging System and Fix the Windshield washer attachment on the passenger side which clumsy Roger broke scraping Ice and Snow off this past Winter. The clumsy Fool should have known better, I blame it on those disappearing Wipers :)

It is not the first time I have had a Battery die with now warning. One summer I started the car with no problem, stopped at the Quick Chek on the way home and that was it. Dead battery.

Well that is always the question, do they take medicare !

You could ask if orthopedic shoes would help too. I had a customer back when I was working that got them and they were ugly but they really helped his mobility.

I wonder why Ctrl Z does not work for You, I can only guess it is a Quirk of the browser You use. Does it at least do spell check automatically ?

Enjoy Your Lunch
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Holy Cow....those cakes! Since eating sugar makes me itch, I'd be afraid to trust myself to do this, even if I had the talent! :)

How's Ariel's appetite today? Hope she woke hungry as a bear. :)

Batteries seem to have two opportunities to fail....hot days and freezing cold days! LOL!! I always check to see if the horn will honk, or/and the radio will play before I will pronounce it dead!!! :)

Had a really nice lunch with Marietta....lots of chatting great salad, good Vegan soup, coffee, and did I mention chatting??? :)

90 degrees today, merciful very low humidity so it didn't feel like it was a hot day!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Ariel has snacked today, along with some forced feeding. I'd rather she ate more than she has so far, but at least she's eaten something. I'll take that. I'll work on her more tomorrow.

• parityanimal
    High tech (at the time) devices in movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTzxzC728BA
  • RogerToo
    mJiyQd.jpg

dy4L3X.jpg

WdWx5d.gif

hzrG5O.jpg

DtODTK.jpg

hOEI33.jpg
  • RogerToo

05/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I have not been out walking this morning and and have Steps. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. Today is forecast to reach 89 and tomorrow into the 90s, Yuck :(
    I did not go walking yet, Why? Yesterday I dropped off the car did that I had to have AAA to come and get it going :( Thus this morning I will be picking up coffee and then walking to the garage to pick it up and then going grocery shopping. I ended up well over my step count goal yesterday :)

I will be back later today to finish up here, Sorry

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger