Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,208 Member
    60's channel surfing, including some rare intros and commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydZscEp0LA
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 79 out there now looking to a high of 86 with 40% chance of rain.

Sink cleared, dishwasher running, J on his way. Ariel has been so-so about eating this morning so far but her mirtazapine hasn't had time to kick in yet, and I have gotten her to eat a few treats, a few pieces of her new, smellier kibble (arrived this morning - don't ask about THAT nightmare) and I've spoon fed her a few bites of canned food. I'll be sure she eats more later, so shouldn't be any problems there.

Finally got the rest of the laundry folded too, as J needed some stuff from it and I kind of had to finish it this morning. LOL.

Had TOAST for breakfast! I haven't had toast in...I can't remember how long. At Aldi yesterday, part of my $75 went to purchase a loaf of their 45 calorie/slice multigrain, reduced carb bread and I must say it makes tasty toast!

Toast, some cheese, and a some smoked sausage made up the whole breakfast. Very nice. And as it is a "sandwich loaf" sized loaf, I can hopefully have toast (and maybe a few sandwiches) for a while.

I have a whole, cut up chicken thawed in the fridge. I'll probably bake/roast that tonight and some will be a quick dinner, some will be made into chicken salad (SANDWICHES! SANDWICHES!), and some will perhaps make some chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles. It's a pretty big chicken so I will have plenty of meat to play with.

The plan is to cook it all this afternoon/evening and debone all of it after eating a bit for dinner. Then I can simmer the bones and add additional stock, if necessary, and have the base for soup or a noodle dish. Set some meat aside for chicken salad and chop/dice/pull the rest for the soup or noodles. Or dumplings...if I feel like making home made egg dumplings. Hmmmmm. I haven't made those in quite some time...

Now let me post this before I go make another cup of tea so I won't forget I'm in the middle of posting and lose it all by never hitting...[Post Reply]

Hi Ed
    Every now & then I snitch a piece or two of my brothers 40 calorie per slice 15 Grain multi grain bread, toast it, a thin smear of butter and some of the Boysenberry Jelly I picked up at the local Christmas store as a Snack rather than a NS snack :)

My dishwasher never runs, I am doing good just walking :)

I got the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away Thursday. One thing done, More or less. I forgot that I meant to throw my walking pants in :( Now I need to put them in with my brothers wash when he does it. Tine to transition to shorts anyway and then they can be hung in the closet for fall.

I have the 2.5 dozen $1.99 eggs waiting to be hardboiled and two servings of really tender and moist Organic Turkey breast waiting to be used today. As well as One serving of Hamburger left too.
    The Pizza Hut pizza was OK. I had the buffet ($5.99) and J, not liking the limited vegetarian options on there, ordered a thin crust, extra cheese, jalapeño pizza. His was better. I know because I ate some of his pizza too. Should probably have just had that instead of the buffet, as the buffet was MEH...but it was a quick and easy lunch and not terribly expensive.

I might even cook the chicken at lunch today instead of waiting until dinner but I doubt it as I think I hear something frozen calling to me from the garage...
    If I said I was not super impressed the last time I had the Pizza Hut with anything. The Pizza was a bit oily TBH.
    I wonder if Wendy's still has their Buffet?
    OK a quick search shows it is gone :(
    RogerToo wrote: »

I saw this as I was walking, I have no clue what it is but it was pretty.
    2J4BAV.jpg

Roger

That looks like a rather gloriously well grown Clematis. There are several purple varieties.

Thank You I was wondering as I think it could look good in the front yard. I did think Clematis were climbers?
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    10 biggest as-seen-on-tv scams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbY2Qzy8_UQ
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Clematis (over 300 species!) generally are climbers/clingers, and that was puzzling me about the bushy looking flowers in the picture, but if they can't climb (nothing much there to climb) they can be trained to not so much climb but just cling to other ground growth or bushes.

If they are not Clematis, I can't imagine what else they could be as the flowers are pretty distinct...
  • parityanimal
    Things to NOT do to your cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpmejf2nDb4
  • parityanimal
    My chicken salad sandwich for lunch was delicious. :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Thought I'd meet y'all for lunch today!
    Today I too had to clear the sink! Then I made some 'hacked' potato leek soup...had some of my good smashed potatoes from yesterday, so I cleaned and sautéd a leek, added the smashed (lumpy) potatoes a bit more garlic, some thyme, etc and had a really nice big bowl of 'leek soup', I did use the hand held blender for a couple whirls, so my soup was not completely smooth, but no big chunks or potato skin. Tasty

Ed I dis-ed clematis for the same reason Roger did. Then your idea...made me think of the Wisteria that grows along the roadside on I-16 around Macon...so yes..the clematis could very well adapt itself to the ground. Wow. Interesting idea!

those photo's...first they sucked me into watching even More cakes being decorated...MMM! Then I read about that poor cyclops goat. and finally the misplaced Vegans who thought they could raise a vegan cat! That is so sad. You could pull that off with a dog, but not with a cat. My guinea pig was a vegan before I even considered it for myself!!!!

Olivia's choral concert is tonite. Then the concerts will be over for the summer...and last night was O's last gymnastics class til school starts this fall. Wooo Hooo...Grammie's been 'liberated'!!! LOL!!! (Nate's doing summer Hockey camp, hoping to build his hockey skills to be selected for the Travel Team this fall. Grammie doesn't do Hockey Camps) :)

Ed, I hope Ariel is eating this morning! She sure is a trooper.

Roger, I've forgotten to add an item to my dirty laundry a 'time or two', but the worst I ever did was start the washer, add the detergent, go to get the laundry..get distracted...and yep, machine washed nothing!

I should go out and cut the lawn...maybe. Maybe tomorrow???

Later...

• parityanimal
    Ariel is still being super finicky about her food. She is clearly hungry at times during the day and asks for food but then can't seem to smell most of what we offer.

All the same, with three separate forced spoon feedings I got a quarter of a can of cat food into her today, along with some treats that she voluntarily ate, so she has definitely eaten.

And I'll continue to do this as long as necessary to give her the best chance to get through the chemo without starving to death because of messed up sense of smell and taste.

And she still will take a treat from me and sit near me almost right after the forced feedings so I'm not too worried about her slitting my throat while I sleep...I think she somehow knows that it's good for her even though it's not fun.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

67 out there now, looking toward a high of 89 with 40% chance of afternoon showers.

Need to get the indoor plants watered.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    8vOJI8.gif

oxVpPc.gif

avziJ3.jpg

WXpkiD.jpg

WyYtjt.gif
    There actually are real fainting goats

1M0yGy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I have walked 4100 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 60 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. It is a quite a bit cooler compared to the last three days.
    You may be wondering why only 4100 steps today. Later on more Yard work , Finally mow the lawn and the delayed run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking over 8K steps yesterday. I had managed to creep up over my desired 5 pound range from my lowest weight, Going back on NS 100% has cured that and adding in yesterdays working in the sun I was down a half pound today. That puts me at 3.5 pounds up from my lowest weight :)

Tennessee Mother Chases Away Five Suspected Burglars
    Posted at 1:29 pm on May 18, 2017 by Erika Haas
    home invasion

A mother in Tennessee was forced to pull out the big guns Monday morning after a home intruder forced his way into her house as four more suspects waited outside.

Elsie Lee, who lives alone with her son, told WJJB TV that she awoke to the sounds of someone inside her house.

“We were asleep, and I thought I had heard something but I wasn’t for sure,” Lee recalled. “I thought I was just dreaming something, and then I heard a big bang again.”

“I got up and came running through the hallway,” she continued. “The guy was standing in the kitchen. He had just busted my door open.”

Lee then reached for her .45-caliber handgun and her shotgun and forced the intruder out of her home.

“I put the gun in his face and asked him if there was something I could do for him, and he was gone just that quick,” Lee told WJJB TV. “I chased him out the back door.”

“I almost killed him,” she added. “One of them could have been dead. Had he not ran, he would have been dead.”

Lee told WJJB TV that the only thought running through her mind that morning was “protect my son.”

Mere minutes after she chased the man away, Madison County police arrived on scene and arrested all five men, one of whom was a minor. Each suspect is being charged with aggravated burglary. None were armed.

Lee couldn’t have been more thankful to the police and how quickly they responded.

“I congratulate our sheriff’s department for what they did,” the mother told WJJB TV. “And it couldn’t have been done any faster or better.”

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Things you might not have known about Weird Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONh7Po0p18
  • parityanimal
    10 ridiculous superhero powers in comic books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkOyrel2lvE
  • RogerToo
    Clematis (over 300 species!) generally are climbers/clingers, and that was puzzling me about the bushy looking flowers in the picture, but if they can't climb (nothing much there to climb) they can be trained to not so much climb but just cling to other ground growth or bushes.

If they are not Clematis, I can't imagine what else they could be as the flowers are pretty distinct...

Hi Ed
    Thank You for the clarification.

Good news that You are getting food into Ariel
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Thought I'd meet y'all for lunch today!
    Today I too had to clear the sink! Then I made some 'hacked' potato leek soup...had some of my good smashed potatoes from yesterday, so I cleaned and sautéd a leek, added the smashed (lumpy) potatoes a bit more garlic, some thyme, etc and had a really nice big bowl of 'leek soup', I did use the hand held blender for a couple whirls, so my soup was not completely smooth, but no big chunks or potato skin. Tasty

Ed I dis-ed clematis for the same reason Roger did. Then your idea...made me think of the Wisteria that grows along the roadside on I-16 around Macon...so yes..the clematis could very well adapt itself to the ground. Wow. Interesting idea!

those photo's...first they sucked me into watching even More cakes being decorated...MMM! Then I read about that poor cyclops goat. and finally the misplaced Vegans who thought they could raise a vegan cat! That is so sad. You could pull that off with a dog, but not with a cat. My guinea pig was a vegan before I even considered it for myself!!!!

Olivia's choral concert is tonite. Then the concerts will be over for the summer...and last night was O's last gymnastics class til school starts this fall. Wooo Hooo...Grammie's been 'liberated'!!! LOL!!! (Nate's doing summer Hockey camp, hoping to build his hockey skills to be selected for the Travel Team this fall. Grammie doesn't do Hockey Camps) :)

Ed, I hope Ariel is eating this morning! She sure is a trooper.

Roger, I've forgotten to add an item to my dirty laundry a 'time or two', but the worst I ever did was start the washer, add the detergent, go to get the laundry..get distracted...and yep, machine washed nothing!

I should go out and cut the lawn...maybe. Maybe tomorrow???

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    If I said You can take something too far such as trying to make a cat into something it can not be :( People like that should not have pets.

The Potato Leek Soup sounds tasty too.

I hope You enjoyed the Concert.

I did manage to get the walking pants done by throwing them into my brothers colors wash so all's well that ends well :)

I'm back from mowing and am not at 6000 steps and still have a planned trip through either Home Depot or Lowes, UPS, and a stop at the grocery store since My brother wants something from there. Plus working in the yard :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Stuff you just don't see on TV any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hByc9Fd_O6o
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey, How's your Saturday???
    I've been up, breakfasted, out, A1C tested, roamed around Costco for a bit, now home, and thinking about lunch!
    My step count Roger is less than 3000, so when my foot comes out of this soak, and I have food in front of me, I intend to take an Aleve! Enough is enough. Then, deadhead the rose bush at the driveway, and maybe start on cutting back some of the ivy from my neighbors yard. Have I mentioned lately that I hate English Ivy??? :)

The concert last night was really nice. And a little sad, the lady who's handled this program for the past 2 years is retiring from teaching (29 years), end of this school year. She is so good with those kids. Olivia declined to do her gymnastic back flippy things...(that is not a technical term, and no, you can't Google it!) I think she's a little shy that way. There were several girls who did participate and I was surprised that O didn't, as she was every bit as good, (better in Grammie eyes) than those who did...maybe next year she'll consider doing it.

Rain tomorrow, its ok, we need it...we need decent rain about every 3 nights for the summer to make up the lake deficit. Arg.

Glad you got your walking pants cleaned, and that your outside temp was comfortable this morning.

Ok, getting hungry, and well past time for foot to vacate the water bath!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2017
    Before I go... we may all be of that age that this would be helpful. I saw it yesterday and split my sides giggling.... I definitely need this Echo version!!!
    Hope my link works...
    https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk
    OK I see that it did! :)
  • RogerToo
    QZjXZO.jpg

jFZuKI.jpg

rhLNKs.jpg

3zqKSj.jpg

omaIAT.jpg

9yvJjI.jpg