Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Wednesday...shopping day..we'll see.

Called the podiatrist that my Chiro recommended and they do accept Medicare, so I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon.
    What was really interesting was that in chatting with M yesterday, I was telling her about this guy, and she has taken her father in law there. Small little world here in ATL!

today looks like this:
    Walmart for cat food, small sewing scissors and accessories for Olivia, and some SF Werther's candies for me..
    Aldi's for cantaloupe, tomatoes, and a 3rd thing on my list. Ah, lists!!! :)
    Home to drop off the veggie/fruit
    then on to Kroger for the full weekly shopping.
    Home by 5p for my chat with Jack... and someplace up there, I need to eat. Probably between Aldi's and Kroger. :)

Other than that I'm free to enjoy the day.

Roger, hope you have a good walk, and drive to the grocery store. Will check later today to see how it goes.. Loved the tuxedo kitty waiting at the train station!

Ed,I hope when I read your post today, you can say that Ariel ate well and you didn't have to force feed her. That can't be fun for you or for the sweet kitty.

I'm off to find a quick breakfast, and then to begin my marathon shopping day.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    edited May 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

79 out there now, with expected high of 90, mostly sunny with 0% chance of rain.

Needless to say, I've been up for hours, but distracted. Still need to go fold the last load of yesterday's laundry. Sink is cleared. I've been out to Aldi for cat treats, since one flavor there was liked by Ariel a couple of weeks ago. We'll see if she still likes it. She's had some spoon force fed canned food today, along with a couple of voluntary licks, and a few cat treats that she has re-acquired a taste for (at least in small quantities) so we're doing OK for the day. She's going to eat the rest of the canned food I dished out for her whether she likes it or not, later today.

J is supposed to be going to Florida tomorrow for a few days, on a semi-business (Orchid Society) and semi-pleasure trip. We have to go pick up the rental van in a while.

I spent $75 at Aldi but I can assure you that was not all on cat treats... LOL

• GardenKatGardens
    I picked up cat food at Walmart, and then pulled into Aldi's as its in the next block..I got out for $17. $5 of which was not exactly necessary. Like a $1.19 box of green tea, just cuz I wanted to try that brand...and 2 not 1, but 2 dark chocolate bars which I'll have for a long time. I only indulge occasionally...still have half the bar I bought to 'check the brand' last week or week before? I've lost track. They still had M's dark rye bread (brick) that she likes so well, so I picked up one of those for her...$2. They have the same brand at WF, but the price is ahem 'a bit more' :)
    So Trying to decide if I want to go to Kroger and just be 'done' for the week, or if I'd like to put Kroger off for a couple days...need to get gas for the car, which I get at Costco, and its close to Kroger..so, I'll see how I feel about it then. :)
    Right now sitting here eating my lunch with my ankle in a bucket of room temp Epsom Salts water. It feels good.

Later...

Tell J to have a safe trip!
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Just as we were going out to pick up the rental van for J, Ariel was calling so we figured we'd get the van, eat a quick lunch at the Pizza Hut next door to the rental place, then come home and stuff the rest of the bowl of canned food into her.

When we got home, she came running, and when I offered her (just to see) some of the Aldi brand tuna flavored treats, she started gobbling, so I put a big handful of that in her bowl. She had tuna flavored crunchy treats for lunch. The canned food may be dinner...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    sL6XfG.jpg

hOLgBv.jpg

BotTkm.jpg

Ijclpm.jpg

8cKfm2.jpg

1zaA7J.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I have walked 7500 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 74 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch which is 16 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach into the 90s and set records for high temperatures, Yuck :(
    I ended up walking 9500 steps yesterday.

I looked closer at a can opener Mom had picked up years ago and never opened. In a Little Red Box with big red letters saying TV on it it says "Similar to items seen on TV", Hmm...

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Wednesday...shopping day..we'll see.

Called the podiatrist that my Chiro recommended and they do accept Medicare, so I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon.
    What was really interesting was that in chatting with M yesterday, I was telling her about this guy, and she has taken her father in law there. Small little world here in ATL!

today looks like this:
    Walmart for cat food, small sewing scissors and accessories for Olivia, and some SF Werther's candies for me..
    Aldi's for cantaloupe, tomatoes, and a 3rd thing on my list. Ah, lists!!! :)
    Home to drop off the veggie/fruit
    then on to Kroger for the full weekly shopping.
    Home by 5p for my chat with Jack... and someplace up there, I need to eat. Probably between Aldi's and Kroger. :)

Other than that I'm free to enjoy the day.

Roger, hope you have a good walk, and drive to the grocery store. Will check later today to see how it goes.. Loved the tuxedo kitty waiting at the train station!

Ed,I hope when I read your post today, you can say that Ariel ate well and you didn't have to force feed her. That can't be fun for you or for the sweet kitty.

I'm off to find a quick breakfast, and then to begin my marathon shopping day.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It was not to bad at the Grocery Store. In addition to the on sale eggs I bough some frozen Dinner entrees some of which will also work as lunches.
    Per my brothers request I also bought Hellman's Mayo that was on sale and found some marked 20% more for the same price, I bet You can guess which one I bought him :) I also picked up a can of Fried Eggplant in a Tomato sauce as requested. My portion of the bill $34 and change by the time I escaped with no sweets or major splurges. I did pick up something marked down in the bargain refrigerator by the registers for $1.49 for Kosher Express Spanish Rice as I figured it was not a lot to risk if I did not like it. I tried 2 ounces yesterday, Meh.
    I picked up cat food at Walmart, and then pulled into Aldi's as its in the next block..I got out for $17. $5 of which was not exactly necessary. Like a $1.19 box of green tea, just cuz I wanted to try that brand...and 2 not 1, but 2 dark chocolate bars which I'll have for a long time. I only indulge occasionally...still have half the bar I bought to 'check the brand' last week or week before? I've lost track. They still had M's dark rye bread (brick) that she likes so well, so I picked up one of those for her...$2. They have the same brand at WF, but the price is ahem 'a bit more' :)
    So Trying to decide if I want to go to Kroger and just be 'done' for the week, or if I'd like to put Kroger off for a couple days...need to get gas for the car, which I get at Costco, and its close to Kroger..so, I'll see how I feel about it then. :)
    Right now sitting here eating my lunch with my ankle in a bucket of room temp Epsom Salts water. It feels good.

Later...

Tell J to have a safe trip!
    From what I have heard I'm not surprised that You could find the same item cheaper almost anywhere compared to WF.

I try and do all the running in one go so the rest of the week is open for whatever.

I thought about Mowing the lawn this morning, for about 30 seconds :) 8:05 and 80 more humid degrees outside already :(

I hope Your Ankle gets better quickly
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

79 out there now, with expected high of 90, mostly sunny with 0% chance of rain.

Needless to say, I've been up for hours, but distracted. Still need to go fold the last load of yesterday's laundry. Sink is cleared. I've been out to Aldi for cat treats, since one flavor there was liked by Ariel a couple of weeks ago. We'll see if she still likes it. She's had some spoon force fed canned food today, along with a couple of voluntary licks, and a few cat treats that she has re-acquired a taste for (at least in small quantities) so we're doing OK for the day. She's going to eat the rest of the canned food I dished out for her whether she likes it or not, later today.

J is supposed to be going to Florida tomorrow for a few days, on a semi-business (Orchid Society) and semi-pleasure trip. We have to go pick up the rental van in a while.

I spent $75 at Aldi but I can assure you that was not all on cat treats... LOL
    Hi Ed
    Strange You should have mentioned Laundry, I just put a Load to wash. I realized I was using the last clean set.

I thought I spent a lot at the ShopRite :) You have me beat !
    Just as we were going out to pick up the rental van for J, Ariel was calling so we figured we'd get the van, eat a quick lunch at the Pizza Hut next door to the rental place, then come home and stuff the rest of the bowl of canned food into her.

When we got home, she came running, and when I offered her (just to see) some of the Aldi brand tuna flavored treats, she started gobbling, so I put a big handful of that in her bowl. She had tuna flavored crunchy treats for lunch. The canned food may be dinner...
    That sounds like good news appetite wise.
    How was that Gourmet :) Pizza?

I saw this as I was walking, I have no clue what it is but it was pretty.
    2J4BAV.jpg

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 79 out there now looking to a high of 86 with 40% chance of rain.

Sink cleared, dishwasher running, J on his way. Ariel has been so-so about eating this morning so far but her mirtazapine hasn't had time to kick in yet, and I have gotten her to eat a few treats, a few pieces of her new, smellier kibble (arrived this morning - don't ask about THAT nightmare) and I've spoon fed her a few bites of canned food. I'll be sure she eats more later, so shouldn't be any problems there.

Finally got the rest of the laundry folded too, as J needed some stuff from it and I kind of had to finish it this morning. LOL.

Had TOAST for breakfast! I haven't had toast in...I can't remember how long. At Aldi yesterday, part of my $75 went to purchase a loaf of their 45 calorie/slice multigrain, reduced carb bread and I must say it makes tasty toast!

Toast, some cheese, and a some smoked sausage made up the whole breakfast. Very nice. And as it is a "sandwich loaf" sized loaf, I can hopefully have toast (and maybe a few sandwiches) for a while.

I have a whole, cut up chicken thawed in the fridge. I'll probably bake/roast that tonight and some will be a quick dinner, some will be made into chicken salad (SANDWICHES! SANDWICHES!), and some will perhaps make some chicken noodle soup or chicken and noodles. It's a pretty big chicken so I will have plenty of meat to play with.

The plan is to cook it all this afternoon/evening and debone all of it after eating a bit for dinner. Then I can simmer the bones and add additional stock, if necessary, and have the base for soup or a noodle dish. Set some meat aside for chicken salad and chop/dice/pull the rest for the soup or noodles. Or dumplings...if I feel like making home made egg dumplings. Hmmmmm. I haven't made those in quite some time...

Now let me post this before I go make another cup of tea so I won't forget I'm in the middle of posting and lose it all by never hitting...[Post Reply]
  • parityanimal
    The Pizza Hut pizza was OK. I had the buffet ($5.99) and J, not liking the limited vegetarian options on there, ordered a thin crust, extra cheese, jalapeño pizza. His was better. I know because I ate some of his pizza too. Should probably have just had that instead of the buffet, as the buffet was MEH...but it was a quick and easy lunch and not terribly expensive.

I might even cook the chicken at lunch today instead of waiting until dinner but I doubt it as I think I hear something frozen calling to me from the garage...

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

I saw this as I was walking, I have no clue what it is but it was pretty.
    2J4BAV.jpg

Roger

That looks like a rather gloriously well grown Clematis. There are several purple varieties.
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning!
    I don't recall seeing this before...across the whole posting area, in a thick long rectangle from my carrot picture is this red and in white letters it says Body is required. Like really. I have one, do I need another???
    Eating my lunch, and a good thing, as Ed was about to make me hungry, and I don't even eat the stuff he's gonna make with that chicken! LOL!! I made garlic and parsley mashed potatoes in my Instant Pot. Quick about 10-12 minutes from chunk the potatoes to mash, yes with an old fashioned hand held potato masher!
    Anxious to see Dr. Sinkoe. More anxious to see how hard it will be to find his office. My directions taken from his web site were quite different than what M said she used when she drove her FIL there.... I'll be lost for awhile no doubt. :) I always give myself an extra half hour travel time...and should I arrive a bit early, I know, as new patient there will be paper work to fill out. ARG
    Roger I don't know for sure what that pretty blue/purple flowering plant is..if you go past it again, and you can get close enough to it, see if you can get a shot of the leaves...sometimes that's a big, big help. Whatever it is, I wish I had it in my yard! Is pretty!
    Possible thundershowers this afternoon...

Ok, heading toward the shower...

Later...
    Oh, I loved the car built with common core math!. Too much truth to that!
    And the Husky eyeing the plate of the pigs in a blanket! You know where that is going...
  • parityanimal
    Well, Ariel was happy to eat her new kibble from placing a few pieces on the area rug in the living room, but wasn't interested in a small pile of it in her bow. Go figure. If she didn't/doesn't eat more of it, she'll be spoon fed the rest of the canned food in the bowl, so one way or another she'll be eating.

She seems to like the taste of the canned food but never takes more than a few licks/bites from the bowl. Weird cat...maybe she likes being force fed?
  • parityanimal
    Ariel had force-fed canned food for breakfast, but I let her have crunchy tuna flavored treats (a lot of them) for lunch. A few more tuna treats near bedtime and I'll put the rest of her canned food out for her to ponder...maybe she'll eat some of it voluntarily.

Lilo will still eat just about anything you put in front of her, but she doesn't get up on the counter where we feed Ariel.

• parityanimal
    My baked chicken turned out very nicely. I ate the wings and legs for my dinner, with a serving of mashed potatoes and home made gravy (from the drippings) and then stripped all the other pieces and now have a BIG bowl of mostly white meat chicken for Eduardo to play with. I think I foresee a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. Maybe chicken and dumplings for dinner!

• RogerToo
    Now for Today's
    HYMNbH.jpg

xgYm59.jpg

bDjr2Z.gif

W6cOkL.jpg

brPjqc.jpg

8UXEYZ.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

71 out there now and looking toward 90 with 20% chance of rain.

Sink has been cleared. I may need to get out to Kroger later, but now now during rush hour.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning!
    I don't recall seeing this before...across the whole posting area, in a thick long rectangle from my carrot picture is this red and in white letters it says Body is required. Like really. I have one, do I need another???
    Eating my lunch, and a good thing, as Ed was about to make me hungry, and I don't even eat the stuff he's gonna make with that chicken! LOL!! I made garlic and parsley mashed potatoes in my Instant Pot. Quick about 10-12 minutes from chunk the potatoes to mash, yes with an old fashioned hand held potato masher!
    Anxious to see Dr. Sinkoe. More anxious to see how hard it will be to find his office. My directions taken from his web site were quite different than what M said she used when she drove her FIL there.... I'll be lost for awhile no doubt. :) I always give myself an extra half hour travel time...and should I arrive a bit early, I know, as new patient there will be paper work to fill out. ARG
    Roger I don't know for sure what that pretty blue/purple flowering plant is..if you go past it again, and you can get close enough to it, see if you can get a shot of the leaves...sometimes that's a big, big help. Whatever it is, I wish I had it in my yard! Is pretty!
    Possible thundershowers this afternoon...

Ok, heading toward the shower...

Later...
    Oh, I loved the car built with common core math!. Too much truth to that!
    And the Husky eyeing the plate of the pigs in a blanket! You know where that is going...

Hi Valerie
    We use a Hand held Potato Masher and my personal preference for that is due to my liking some small chunks of potatoes in the Mashed Potatoes.

There is always paperwork to fill out at a new doctors. Mine wants to see Picture ID too. I suspect due to medical insurance ID fraud.

I can try and remember to shoot the leaves if I can not use the cropped image to do that.
    If this is good enough?
    fkSaAS.jpg

I suspect I would be lost with common core math, from what I have seen it is nothing near the way I learned to do math.
    I suspect You are 102% right withe the fate of the pigs in a blanket too.

That reminds me of a news article where the vegetarian family nearly killed their kitten by trying to go vegetarian only with it, sadly they are out there :(
    UyOtnZ.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I have walked 4400 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 75 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach near the 90s, Yuck :(
    You may be wondering why only 4400 steps. Later on Yard work and a run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking 10500 steps yesterday.

From here Picture too.
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/cyclops-goat-born-with-one-eye-is-worshiped-by-villagers-in-india-6643422/
    Cyclops goat born with one eye is worshipped by villagers in India
    A baby goat has been born with one eye in what has been hailed a ‘miracle’.

Some villagers believe the goat, that was born in Assam in India, is sacred and have begun to worship it after it was born a week ago.
    Vets predicted that the goat, which also only has one ear, would die within a few days but it has defied the odds so far.
    People have been visiting the village to see the kid which suffers from a condition seen in other animals including horses, pigs, cows and cats.
    The condition which causes the defect is called cyclopia and occurs when the two hemispheres of the brain do not separate

And from Here with more in the article :)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fit-but-fat-may-be-a-myth-study-says/
    By Robert Preidt HealthDay May 17, 2017, 11:21 AM
    "Fit but fat" may be a myth, study says

The so-called "healthy obese" aren't necessarily as healthy as they think. They still have a higher risk of heart disease than normal-weight people, a new British study finds.

Folks dubbed healthy obese don't have metabolic problems typically associated with obesity -- such as high cholesterol, poor blood sugar control, diabetes or high blood pressure. But, it's been unclear if they are at increased risk for problems such as heart failure or stroke.

In this study, researchers analyzed 1995-2015 electronic health records of 3.5 million people aged 18 and older in the United Kingdom who were initially free of heart disease.

Compared to normal-weight people with no metabolic problems, healthy obese people had a 50 percent higher risk of heart disease, a 7 percent higher risk of stroke, twice the risk of heart failure, and a greater risk of peripheral artery disease (or PAD, which is the narrowing of blood vessels to the arms and legs), the study found.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    More amazing decorating videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9YvULODQ8s