Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited May 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 67 out there now and expecting a high of 73 with 90% chance of rain.

Not a lot on the agenda for today. Maybe laundry. And, of course, feeding Ariel. Hopefully she'll eventually catch on that canned food can actually be eaten directly from the bowl, by herself.

Remember that this cat never ate (or would eat) canned food before the lymphoma, and didn't even think it was edible...but we can't force feed kibble.

Oh, and yesterday we did get those last few bites that were in the bowl transferred into Ariel, barring a few bits that somehow got on me, the towel, an the floor...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning Rainy Tuesday! :)
    All rain welcomed...
    Yes Roger, Sushi is still Sushi even if its just vegetables! :)
    Walking appetites are awful problems when they're in your yard, any yard..I didn't mean just yours! LOL! Loved all the Shoe cartoons!

Ed, glad you got most of that can of food into Ariel. Curious..yesterday you mentioned she ate 3.5 oz, and you hoped it would soon be the whole can? How big (many oz) is that can your referring to? The cheapo Friskies can is 3.5. Just curious. Lazy Tom is sleeping this, and most days away! He's on the back porch swing totally zonked out!

Last load of laundry in the dryer, everything else is nicely folded and just needs putting away.
    Ate polenta for breakfast. I bought one of those polenta tubes , and sliced and 'fried' in the George Foreman. Also had some chopped kale.
    This afternoon I am sewing a pin cushion for O to keep by her sewing machine. And making a pattern from a kit I'd gotten for O. I'll have to sew the pin cushion on my old machine...and it seriously needs to be 'reconditioned and adjustments made to the tensions, both spool and bobbin. I doubt I'll ever have that done. Will probably cost more than buying another one like I got Olivia. I don't sew enough to justify either of those choices actually....

Ok, need to get moving,

Later...
  • parityanimal
    The cat food cans I buy are 5.5 oz. cans. You know, the ones that used to be 6 oz. cans...At this stage, Ariel is reluctantly consuming about half a can per day, minus what gets all over the place...I feel like I need to take a shower after every feeding! LOL. No big chunks, but lots of little chunks get scattered. She currently tends to be a bit of a slob. We need to, if we can, get her up to a full can of this if possible. And we're hoping that post chemo (assuming the chemo is found to be actually working) she'll be willing to eat canned food

She just had her lunch. 1/4 can (the last of the can) of the white fish and tuna Little Friskie's Pâté. I thought she'd like that one because she could probably at least smell it. It REEKS to me.

Later today we'll be having some RECOVERY cat food from Hills Science Diet. And the next can in my rotation is some Little Friskies Chicken and Liver flavor pâté.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 65 out there now and looking for an expected high of 73 with 50% chance of showers.

Need to get out to Kroger today.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    aDD7zA.jpg

0k3RWW.jpg

MvtByV.jpg
    Works for me

Eo5mSu.jpg

NKsEmJ.jpg

d8cMUx.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5800 Steps + a Quarter and 5 Pennies during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 58 on the news channel and 58 degrees on the front porch. It is a cloudy looking morning and it rained very lightly overnight. The street was wet, under the trees was dry. Once again the plan for today is to get the rest of my walking and exercise doing more yard work. We did the run to the recycle yard. Last nights weather forecast showed a 60% chance of rain for Wednesday, Today, and 90% for Thursday and 60% for Friday.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning Rainy Tuesday! :)
    All rain welcomed...
    Yes Roger, Sushi is still Sushi even if its just vegetables! :)
    Walking appetites are awful problems when they're in your yard, any yard..I didn't mean just yours! LOL! Loved all the Shoe cartoons!

Ed, glad you got most of that can of food into Ariel. Curious..yesterday you mentioned she ate 3.5 oz, and you hoped it would soon be the whole can? How big (many oz) is that can your referring to? The cheapo Friskies can is 3.5. Just curious. Lazy Tom is sleeping this, and most days away! He's on the back porch swing totally zonked out!

Last load of laundry in the dryer, everything else is nicely folded and just needs putting away.
    Ate polenta for breakfast. I bought one of those polenta tubes , and sliced and 'fried' in the George Foreman. Also had some chopped kale.
    This afternoon I am sewing a pin cushion for O to keep by her sewing machine. And making a pattern from a kit I'd gotten for O. I'll have to sew the pin cushion on my old machine...and it seriously needs to be 'reconditioned and adjustments made to the tensions, both spool and bobbin. I doubt I'll ever have that done. Will probably cost more than buying another one like I got Olivia. I don't sew enough to justify either of those choices actually....

Ok, need to get moving,

Later...

Hi Valerie
    OK, I was just curious if it could be called Sushi since I thought the definition of Sushi was a rolled food with fish :)

Those Dang Walking Appetites were destructive last year, they started eating the leaves off of the Apple trees until I put a wire cage around them as well as some of the garden plants. They even ate some of the Marigolds :(

I'm happy You liked the Shoes.

I must lead a simple life, most everything I wear is a color as far as laundry and thus I do one load a week, more or less. Including the Bedding, all colors there too. It is a large capacity washer, much larger that the old one that died and had to be replaced.

How was the Tube of Polenta ? I see them used on some of the cooking channel contests as a way of saving time.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 65 out there now and looking for an expected high of 73 with 50% chance of showers.

Need to get out to Kroger today.
    Hi Ed
    Continued good luck with the cat food.

Back to home depot, we did not buy enough blocks and bricks :( We forgot that You need them on the end too.

My brother has said the ShopRite Grocery Store run is planned for Friday or Saturday. I plan to have him pick up the on sale Hamburger so I can loose fry it. I take the loose meat in a measured portion, add Ketchup and No Sugar Added Sweet Relish to taste and it works real good in a 60 calorie wrap as my Mid Morning NS SC + PF as far as I am concerned. I plan to use some of the Sweet Baby Rays instead of the Ketchup & Relish in the next batch too. Sort of a ersatz BBQ Beef taste. I suspect it will work well that way too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    That White fish and Tuna does stink! Tom E. won't eat it. None of this litter would. They didn't particularly like the beefy ones either. Though, there is one that's shreds, Salmon & something in gravy that Tom E does like.
    Hmmm. I never posted this last night. So, I'll see if it will post this morning!
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok,
    Good Morning...rainy Wednesday!
    I quit watching video's after the hot noodles...or I'll be here all day!! Will watch some over lunch. :)
    In the midst of one of them computer reminded me I needed to install the latest update for my fitbit...this is like the 2nd or 3rd time, so I figured I'd better just go ahead and do that....required a restart... etc.
    Tom E. and I are hungry! Nobody's had breakfast yet. Best feed him right now or he may chew my feet off! (actually one of the cats, Sweeny DID have a foot fettish...he was forever trying to nibble on my bare toes. I quickly learned not to wear sandals when I was going to be around him! Crazy crazy cats!)
    So, going to summons Tom E. and get him happily fed. Will worry with my breakfast after that.
    Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, what a day...nothing bad, just nothing left unchanged!
    Seems as though I'm not going to help O tomorrow...but she is going for one more gymnastics session, so there goes Thursday night....:). And late invite to my DIL's Mom's 70th birthday...never say either my son or DIL are long range planners!!!! And at a Steak House..., but I was assured they had great side dishes! So that's Saturday, and will require a gift & card. Better be shopping tomorrow!
    Spent about an hour or more making a tissue paper pattern for the cross body purse O and I are going to be making as her project. When I started sewing, everybody had to make an apron. May be the reason I seldom wear one. I was sure O would be bored goofy with just the thought of making an apron, but she's seen the quilted wild colored pattern fabric for her purse project and she loved it. (whew) Sighs of relief!

Kitchen's clean, Tom's had dinner...I ate such a late lunch that I'm really not hungry...maybe a couple cups of popped corn? or piece of fruit? or both will be more than enough.
    See you guys tomorrow.

• parityanimal
    Well I've felt icky all day, even despite going back to he bed a couple of times, with cats, on top of the covers. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I'll try to make an early night of it. Oh, it's too late now...
  • RogerToo
    V393pE.jpg

ACbTvG.gif

rAIvtE.jpg

bGdnWf.jpg

acWwOM.jpg

RpILD8.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch and has gone up one entire degree on the porch in the last two hours. It is a rainy looking morning and it started raining overnight.

I ended up with 11K+ for a step count with another run to the Home Depot and working in the yard added exercise to the day :)

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=44313196&nid=148
    Man traveling across the country mowing lawns for those in need makes a stop in Utah
    LEHI — There is no lawn Rodney Smith Jr. won’t tackle. From the longest grass to the biggest weeds, the 27-year-old does it all.

The Alabama A&M University student is traveling from coast to coast this summer mowing lawns for those in need.

"What we do is, we do it for free. We don't charge nothing,” Smith said. “We cut grass free for the elderly, disabled, single parent mothers and veterans.”

In 2015, while attending school, Smith saw an elderly man struggling to mow his lawn and it sparked an idea. He started Raising Men Lawn Care, a service that encourages youth to give back to those who are struggling by mowing, raking lawns and shoveling snow from driveways.

"It lifts me up, you know. They're on a fixed income, they can only afford so much,” Smith said. “So for us to come by and help them out, they use those funds on things they really need."
    Snipped, more info in the article
    Smith started hitting southern states at the beginning of May. So far, Smith has mowed lawns in 12 states including Utah. With equipment donated by the manufacturing company Briggs & Stratton, he hopes to hit all 50 states by the end of June.

"Sometimes I can do two, three states in a day, depending on how close the states are,” Smith said.

His experience so far has been a rewarding one. Smith said he’ll never forget the people he met in the Lone Star State.

"I had one lady in Texas, she cried in my arms because her grass was so big and she needed it cut,” he said.

On Friday night, Smith mowed the lawn of an elderly couple in Lehi. His next stop is Oregon. Smith plans to end his journey in Hawaii in late June. Smith hopes this journey across America will encourage others to serve those in need.
    What a Nice Thing to do

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ok,
    Good Morning...rainy Wednesday!
    I quit watching video's after the hot noodles...or I'll be here all day!! Will watch some over lunch. :)
    In the midst of one of them computer reminded me I needed to install the latest update for my fitbit...this is like the 2nd or 3rd time, so I figured I'd better just go ahead and do that....required a restart... etc.
    Tom E. and I are hungry! Nobody's had breakfast yet. Best feed him right now or he may chew my feet off! (actually one of the cats, Sweeny DID have a foot fettish...he was forever trying to nibble on my bare toes. I quickly learned not to wear sandals when I was going to be around him! Crazy crazy cats!)
    So, going to summons Tom E. and get him happily fed. Will worry with my breakfast after that.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I wonder if I will get a update from them too or if it is specific to Your model, Hmm...
    Ok, what a day...nothing bad, just nothing left unchanged!
    Seems as though I'm not going to help O tomorrow...but she is going for one more gymnastics session, so there goes Thursday night....:). And late invite to my DIL's Mom's 70th birthday...never say either my son or DIL are long range planners!!!! And at a Steak House..., but I was assured they had great side dishes! So that's Saturday, and will require a gift & card. Better be shopping tomorrow!
    Spent about an hour or more making a tissue paper pattern for the cross body purse O and I are going to be making as her project. When I started sewing, everybody had to make an apron. May be the reason I seldom wear one. I was sure O would be bored goofy with just the thought of making an apron, but she's seen the quilted wild colored pattern fabric for her purse project and she loved it. (whew) Sighs of relief!

Kitchen's clean, Tom's had dinner...I ate such a late lunch that I'm really not hungry...maybe a couple cups of popped corn? or piece of fruit? or both will be more than enough.
    See you guys tomorrow.
    And here I was thinking that the Gymnastics was done for the summer :)

Enjoy the Steak House Dinner.
    Which Reminds me I was watching a Grilling challenge. Where they showed the one contestant at work there was a sign that reminded me of You !
    One like this EelEYM.jpg
    I give You and others that are vegetarian a lot of credit. I do not think I could do it and I'm sure my brother could not do it.

Have a Great Day