Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey Ed...you just gave me reason to fight my way into the brambles! From where I'm sitting I can see white ones, and pink ones, but that can be a fooler, as from a distance the black ones don't stand out!
    And, thats a really nice looking plump blackberry! Gonna eat it? or wait for its siblings to also turn black?? :)
    Wonder what would happen if you gave Ariel a choice of kibble OR being force fed? Just curious. Might save you from some death glaring.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger...confused. I understand the first part about giving up diary...so vegetarians like J and my DS2 eat dairy... I miss cheese, but not the rest of dairy.
    but you also said...

It's hard for me to imagine giving up Dairy especially.
    I stopped worrying about what can not be changed. Life is to short to add one more worry to it :)

Worrying about what can not be changed...???? what are we talking about?

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    My first ripe blackberry of the season!
    Hi Ed
    The flower petals are just starting to fall on my Blackberry bush. I wonder how long before ready to eat fruit ")
    Hey Ed...you just gave me reason to fight my way into the brambles! From where I'm sitting I can see white ones, and pink ones, but that can be a fooler, as from a distance the black ones don't stand out!
    And, thats a really nice looking plump blackberry! Gonna eat it? or wait for its siblings to also turn black?? :)
    Wonder what would happen if you gave Ariel a choice of kibble OR being force fed? Just curious. Might save you from some death glaring.
    Hi Valerie
    That is one reason I chose a Thorn-less variety of Blackberry, after being scratched last year by the Raspberries I sort of wish I had looked for thorn-less in them too.
    Roger...confused. I understand the first part about giving up diary...so vegetarians like J and my DS2 eat dairy... I miss cheese, but not the rest of dairy.
    but you also said...

It's hard for me to imagine giving up Dairy especially.
    I stopped worrying about what can not be changed. Life is to short to add one more worry to it :)

Worrying about what can not be changed...???? what are we talking about?
    Oops, I meant to put a space in between those sentences.
    I more or less meant it is my opinion that some things can not be changed by diet. I knew a younger lady that had sky high cholesterol readings despite eating fat and cholesterol free foods and taking medication to help control it.

OTOH I have reduced my A1C due to diet so it can help to try dietary changes.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    C0iamj.jpg

MgvRpM.jpg

eJprG2.jpg

QmjTSR.jpg
    Hows that work ? :)
    0CW1Mw.jpg

6hTrNJ.jpg
    Exercising the Arms & Legs at the same time
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 3000 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 59 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as we will be doing more work in the garden later today.

According to the News broadcast the other day he had to pass a defensive driving course to get the use of a city car. Which was damaged again :)
    From here in the county Seat of my county: http://newbrunswicktoday.com/article/breaking-driving-record-fire-director-marred-19-accidents-and-18-license-suspensions

Driving Record of Fire Director Marred by 19 Accidents and 18 License Suspensions

NBC New York: Robert Rawls Involved in 19 Accidents, Most of Them Since 2002
    Article | May 9, 2014 - 9:21pm | By Charlie Kratovil
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ—On April 30, 2004, Robert Rawls allegedly injured two Rutgers University employees who were crossing in a crosswalk at the intersection of George and Liberty Streets.

One woman leaped out of the way and averted injury. Another had her pelvis broken in three places, while a third person sufferred full body contusions, according to a source.

That accident happened just over ten years before Rawls struck three children in a crosswalk located just twelve blocks away on Tuesday afternoon.

Over those ten years, Rawls was involved in another thirteen car accidents, not including the tragedy on Tuesday.

Now, Rawls finds himself and his driving record under increased scrutiny after two days of massive protests in response to the accident.

NBC New York's Brian Thompson reported earlier this evening that Rawls has been in nineteen accidents in 38 years of driving, according to the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.

More details in the article linked :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Loud thunder woke me quite a bit later than I intended to rise! And for all the racket there was only a scant quarter inch in my rain gauge! Better than a dry rain gauge, but still....

So, after reading about the accident record of the Fire Director one has to wonder just what kind of accident, or what number of accidents one would have to accrue to lose driving privileges? That's pathetic.

I had the best dinner last night! Imagine me in a steak house...now read that again! I ordered a beet salad, no cheese, and was going to get 2 veg sides, and the waitress asked if I'd like the chef to grill a veg. plate for me! Like YES! I could have hugged the chef! I had a lovely plate of Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, artichoke, mushrooms, and small whole carrots! I was stuffed, and ever so happy with my dinner. Oh, and for someone adventurous in the kitchen...my salad only had 2 smallish beets, but they made up for that by putting a healthy smear of pistachio sauce around half of the salad bowl...it was soooooo good. We asked, as several of us had gotten that frisée beet salad..it was a little looser than creamy peanut butter, and it was pistachio, spinach, salt and pepper. The spinach you couldn't taste, but gave the sauce a pretty green color...it really made that salad! I see pistachio nuts and spinach on my next shopping list! Yikes that was good! So, my adventure into a Steak House in Alpharetta was a huge success! Much much better than I had envisioned. The restaurant was in the Avalon multi use shopping/living complex. Imagine living in an upscale shopping center!!! OMG!!! If I only had money! The place is huge...had a Whole Foods, a multiplex movie theater, restaurants, and shops for days.... I even saw, across the street from the Oak Steak House a Med. Massage parlor....YES!!!

Ok, I'm going to take my over exuberant self off this page and see about my 'mundane' breakfast! :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited May 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 67 out there now looking for a high of 85 with 30% chance of showers. That was one whopper of a storm system that came through here overnight. Maybe two really, as one came through around 1:30 (two power blinks during that one) and another storm around 6:00. I heard thunder and rain from the 6:00 set and saw lightning but haven't checked the rain gauge.

When Lilo wanted up at around 7:00 I let her out of the bedroom and went straight back to bed.

Sausages and sourdough toast for breakfast. I ate the blackberry yesterday, right after shooting the picture.

Ariel will be fed in a bit. We always offer kibble (and other crunchy treats) but she turns them down, so force feeding it is for the nonce.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    QhkWUT.gif

BWO2in.jpg

nBjZTJ.jpg

1CVJyz.jpg

asv6Tt.jpg
    No Clowns were hurt in creating this picture :)

LDYVE3.jpg

bkXG51.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Some things that have been building up
    HI2IdT.jpg

bGrUmf.jpg

UIrRkS.jpg

ks7kyW.jpg

mNin0H.jpg

UDluXF.jpg
    Togetherness
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Loud thunder woke me quite a bit later than I intended to rise! And for all the racket there was only a scant quarter inch in my rain gauge! Better than a dry rain gauge, but still....

So, after reading about the accident record of the Fire Director one has to wonder just what kind of accident, or what number of accidents one would have to accrue to lose driving privileges? That's pathetic.

I had the best dinner last night! Imagine me in a steak house...now read that again! I ordered a beet salad, no cheese, and was going to get 2 veg sides, and the waitress asked if I'd like the chef to grill a veg. plate for me! Like YES! I could have hugged the chef! I had a lovely plate of Brussels Sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, artichoke, mushrooms, and small whole carrots! I was stuffed, and ever so happy with my dinner. Oh, and for someone adventurous in the kitchen...my salad only had 2 smallish beets, but they made up for that by putting a healthy smear of pistachio sauce around half of the salad bowl...it was soooooo good. We asked, as several of us had gotten that frisée beet salad..it was a little looser than creamy peanut butter, and it was pistachio, spinach, salt and pepper. The spinach you couldn't taste, but gave the sauce a pretty green color...it really made that salad! I see pistachio nuts and spinach on my next shopping list! Yikes that was good! So, my adventure into a Steak House in Alpharetta was a huge success! Much much better than I had envisioned. The restaurant was in the Avalon multi use shopping/living complex. Imagine living in an upscale shopping center!!! OMG!!! If I only had money! The place is huge...had a Whole Foods, a multiplex movie theater, restaurants, and shops for days.... I even saw, across the street from the Oak Steak House a Med. Massage parlor....YES!!!

Ok, I'm going to take my over exuberant self off this page and see about my 'mundane' breakfast! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    In order, Here in NJ we are above normal for rain for the month and the year, so far, so good :)
    Hopefully You get the rain You need too. On yesterdays news broadcast I saw where Atlanta had severe weather with trees down on cars.

Sadly I am not surprised that he managed to get his license back over and over, That seem to be something that happens here in NJ. I see that sort of thing happen in NYC, NY in the news broadcasts too. Usually We see it after they have mowed someone down during a Hit and Run, Often with a fatality.

If I said I am not surprised that a steak house might have vegetarian meals too. That allows them to accommodate more people with vegetarians and Carnivore types :)

Have a Nice Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5600 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 58 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk a little short as we will be going to see the parade later today if the weather does not get in the way.

It rained overnight, there is more in the near future according to the local cable news channel weather forecast and a high probability of more this evening :)
    Have a Great Memorial Day
    BNmE46.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 67 out there now looking for a high of 85 with 30% chance of showers. That was one whopper of a storm system that came through here overnight. Maybe two really, as one came through around 1:30 (two power blinks during that one) and another storm around 6:00. I heard thunder and rain from the 6:00 set and saw lightning but haven't checked the rain gauge.

When Lilo wanted up at around 7:00 I let her out of the bedroom and went straight back to bed.

Sausages and sourdough toast for breakfast. I ate the blackberry yesterday, right after shooting the picture.

Ariel will be fed in a bit. We always offer kibble (and other crunchy treats) but she turns them down, so force feeding it is for the nonce.
    Hi Ed
    I remember the power blinking off and on quite often during storms when I was a Youngster out in Iowa :) However that was not the problem it can be today where it could crash a computer. If the power burps here now I have to reset the clock in the Microwave for example and my brothers really old Alarm Clock has no battery backup like the newer ones usually do :)

Did You have many problems with the Crunchy case on Your Blackberry?
    AZsLJH.jpg

Good Luck with feeding Ariel
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Howdy Y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Happy Memorial Day! Remember those who have passed on before us.

70 out there now, with expected high of 82 and 80% chance of pm showers. Pool party for Memorial Day, and yes, I DID just recently attend one, at the same house, and I think they may be having another this Saturday!

I think maybe they like to have pool parties. My (in)famous baked beans for a crowd are in the oven and the bean shelf in my pantry closet is nearly bare, except for several cans of refried beans and one lonely can of some kind, but I forget which. I think maybe red beans. If I'm going to make baked beans again on Saturday, I need to get to Kroger to replace all the kinds of canned beans I normally keep on hand. I'd use dried beans for making the baked beans but I don't really want to spend over a day making them as I would have to soak a whole lot of beans, then cook a whole lot of beans, then spice and sauce them and cook them again! I don't mind that for a smaller dish of beans for home but for the amount I make for these pool parties, that would be a bit much. Of course keeping a variety also allows for any last minute bean ideas from Eduardo when dinner is up in the air too.

Need to give Ariel a good stuffing...er, I mean feeding before we go and then again when we get home.

I don't recall having any trouble with the crunchy case on my Blackberry. All my teeth are still in good shape anyway. ;)

Sink is cleared, I'm fed and Lilo is fed, and I'm working on my first cup of tea.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi! Looks Sunny out side. Phone app tells me its already upper 70's...I need to be outside. Twigs all over the driveway, so many it looks like the gardener croaked last week...agh! And the roses need deadheading, and neighbor's blasted Ivy is now touching the ground...gotta do that today! Also if the forecast is right, this whole week is up for thunderstorms...probably not the all day kind, but wet is wet if you want to work outside.
    Cat's fed, and I'm not, so there's also that...
    I really need to close this computer.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    And it stayed sunny, well until about the time I went out to deadhead the rose bush! Shortly after, the rains arrived. But I did get the rose bush taken care of and about a third of the English Ivy cut back...so after a downpour and thunder bombs, etc Tom showed up to eat. While he was eating I wandered into the back yard to inspect the blackberry patch. All shades of green, white, and pink...and ONE ripe berry! (It must be a trend this year Ed)...
    So, here's my pix along with 3 dried black beans as size reference. As you can see, not the biggest berry in the county! But it will be tasty on my 'Nice Cream' tonite. Had 2 banana's that I had to freeze or lose...so they and some frozen sweet cherries, will become faux ice cream, with a black berry on top of my bowl! LOL!!!

fautgb6twrjx.jpg

Later...
  • RogerToo
    sLuSAt.jpg

OWp4Ez.gif

foy4W6.jpg

gI0nqV.jpg

tIlszM.gif

3AxKY3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 3600 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as I am very tired today, I did not get much sleep last night, I'm not sure why either :(

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy Y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Happy Memorial Day! Remember those who have passed on before us.

70 out there now, with expected high of 82 and 80% chance of pm showers. Pool party for Memorial Day, and yes, I DID just recently attend one, at the same house, and I think they may be having another this Saturday!

I think maybe they like to have pool parties. My (in)famous baked beans for a crowd are in the oven and the bean shelf in my pantry closet is nearly bare, except for several cans of refried beans and one lonely can of some kind, but I forget which. I think maybe red beans. If I'm going to make baked beans again on Saturday, I need to get to Kroger to replace all the kinds of canned beans I normally keep on hand. I'd use dried beans for making the baked beans but I don't really want to spend over a day making them as I would have to soak a whole lot of beans, then cook a whole lot of beans, then spice and sauce them and cook them again! I don't mind that for a smaller dish of beans for home but for the amount I make for these pool parties, that would be a bit much. Of course keeping a variety also allows for any last minute bean ideas from Eduardo when dinner is up in the air too.

Need to give Ariel a good stuffing...er, I mean feeding before we go and then again when we get home.

I don't recall having any trouble with the crunchy case on my Blackberry. All my teeth are still in good shape anyway. ;)

Sink is cleared, I'm fed and Lilo is fed, and I'm working on my first cup of tea.
    Hi Ed
    You had a better forecast than I :)

That sounds like a good reason to use canned beans to me, I do know my brother would disagree, He likes the ones he makes starting with dried beans.

Yesterday was a strange day for food. We had left over Corned Beef from the day before, Two kinds of Baked spare ribs with different dry rubs, Home made Potato Salad, and Home Made Macaroni Salad, the Macaroni Salad using Bow Tie Pasta and Pesto rather than Mayo.

I only asked about the Blackberry since inquiring minds like to know :)

Still having to Stuff Ariel with foods, Oh well, It will pass
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Looks Sunny out side. Phone app tells me its already upper 70's...I need to be outside. Twigs all over the driveway, so many it looks like the gardener croaked last week...agh! And the roses need deadheading, and neighbor's blasted Ivy is now touching the ground...gotta do that today! Also if the forecast is right, this whole week is up for thunderstorms...probably not the all day kind, but wet is wet if you want to work outside.
    Cat's fed, and I'm not, so there's also that...
    I really need to close this computer.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    The Weather forecast for the next ten days is calling for unsettled weather, not too hot, not to cold however.
    And it stayed sunny, well until about the time I went out to deadhead the rose bush! Shortly after, the rains arrived. But I did get the rose bush taken care of and about a third of the English Ivy cut back...so after a downpour and thunder bombs, etc Tom showed up to eat. While he was eating I wandered into the back yard to inspect the blackberry patch. All shades of green, white, and pink...and ONE ripe berry! (It must be a trend this year Ed)...
    So, here's my pix along with 3 dried black beans as size reference. As you can see, not the biggest berry in the county! But it will be tasty on my 'Nice Cream' tonite. Had 2 banana's that I had to freeze or lose...so they and some frozen sweet cherries, will become faux ice cream, with a black berry on top of my bowl! LOL!!!

fautgb6twrjx.jpg

Later...
    I was looking at my Berry Bushes this morning and I see Raspberries forming on the early variety and on the Blackberry. It would appear that when they get going I will be eating a lot of fresh fruit rather than buying it :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! But it feels like magnificent Monday.

66 out there now with an expected high of 79 and 50% chance of rain.

I've fed Lilo and me but not Ariel yet. Trying to wake up a bit more first.

Need to get to the grocery sometime this week to replenish beans.