Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Well I've felt icky all day, even despite going back to he bed a couple of times, with cats, on top of the covers. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I'll try to make an early night of it. Oh, it's too late now...

Hi Ed
    I saved the links for viewing later on, they look interesting.

I hope You are feeling better
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

58 out there now and looking to a sunny high of 72, with no chance of rain.

Still feel a little odd in the head (OK, some people think I've always been a little odd in the head, but that's a different story) but I HAVE to get to Kroger today.

The sugar gliders were served the last of their honey vanilla Greek yogurt last night.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 54 out there now and expecting a high of 84 with 0% chance of rain.

Ariel's vet has been postponed until noon today so I'm thinking maybe I should get some food into her early.

Done! One quarter of a 5.5 oz. can of food is now inside Ariel, for her first meal of the day. Today, if I can manage it, I want to get her up to 3/4 can (over three meals) and leave her at that for a day or three and then try to move her up to a whole can per day, if she and I can possibly stand it. Maybe I can get that whole can done in just three meals too...or eventually down to just two meals. Hopefully her inner stomach is getting a bit bigger and can take the larger meals again.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Feeding a reluctant cat is just like feeding a baby.

Well...it's kind of like feeding a baby.

A baby with long, sharp teeth...

Put food in. Some or most of it may come back at you, and you tuck it back in, and repeat until it's gone.

Continue this process until the bowl is empty and all the food is either in the cat, on the cat, on you, or on the towel or blanket you are sitting on...
  • RogerToo
    WLlZYc.jpg

YAm9mA.jpg

waBkQl.jpg
    Oh Oh

bvtowv.jpg

gTl6cn.jpg

cec0Ek.jpg
    I hope this is not real
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 6100+ Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as we will be doing more work in the garden later today. It rained overnight and Thundered twice with heavy rain and thunder a few minutes before midnight, thus I had broken sleep and am somewhat tired.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 54 out there now and expecting a high of 84 with 0% chance of rain.

Ariel's vet has been postponed until noon today so I'm thinking maybe I should get some food into her early.

Done! One quarter of a 5.5 oz. can of food is now inside Ariel, for her first meal of the day. Today, if I can manage it, I want to get her up to 3/4 can (over three meals) and leave her at that for a day or three and then try to move her up to a whole can per day, if she and I can possibly stand it. Maybe I can get that whole can done in just three meals too...or eventually down to just two meals. Hopefully her inner stomach is getting a bit bigger and can take the larger meals again.
    Hi Ed
    Good Luck getting the food in Ariel
    Feeding a reluctant cat is just like feeding a baby.

Well...it's kind of like feeding a baby.

A baby with long, sharp teeth...

Put food in. Some or most of it may come back at you, and you tuck it back in, and repeat until it's gone.

Continue this process until the bowl is empty and all the food is either in the cat, on the cat, on you, or on the towel or blanket you are sitting on...

It does sound like feeding a baby :)

Enjoy the upcoming Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Friday Morning!
    Sunny, 62 degrees, Sweet!!!!
    Ed your take on feeding baby/Ariel made me laugh! Yep, baby food In, Out, All around!! I remember those days!
    Great cartoons again today Roger. Kid sleeping under the bed cracked me up!

DS2 coming out for lunch today at our local Indian Restaurant. They always have a nice buffet so I will eat well.
    About that Vegetarian 'missed steak'. Nope! And I suspect you could overnight give up meat and dairy...all it takes is one life event, and most people are willing and eager to do what it takes to be healthy and alive. I just wanted to avoid my ancestors propensity to have heart attacks if possible.

Well, for a change I'm fed before the cat. And I'd best be calling him to breakfast!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    So far today Ariel has eaten half a can of food (minus the little bit scattered on me, the towel, etc...), one quarter can for breakfast, one quarter can for lunch, and we're planning another quarter can for her dinner later!
  • parityanimal
    Final Ariel food update today.

She had a Vincristine treatment today, and they gave her an anti-nausea shot, to see it that might help with her appetite. We have the option, if that seems to help, of getting an oral prescription of it for a few days.

I've fed her the last forced canned food feeding for today, so she's had 3/4 of a 5.5 oz. can today. Still working our way slowly up toward that whole can a day, unless, of course, she starts actually eating voluntarily again! In that case, I'll just watch to be sure she gets as much as I think she needs to eat...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    This is weird...
    9:14 and nobody's posted???? What???
    Roger, hope you've had a good walk this morning!
    Ed...concerned for you, and for Ariel. I know Ed wasn't feeling well 2 days ago...or Ariel is fighting eating with extra vigor today...or, or...
    All well here. Sun playing peek a boo with the clouds, but should be a nice day...High low 80's, sunny morning, some cloudiness this afternoon, but no rain forecasted.
    I need to get a cat of my own fed, and me too come to think about it!!
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Hi
    I walked 7100+ Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch.

On my return from the walk I drove out to get a haircut and then on to the Grocery Store, The ShopRite has 80% Hamburger on sale for $1.99 by using the Key Tag from them. Sadly that is a good price around here. I am comfortable using the 80% since I will be draining it first and then using it during the upcoming days. I also froze 1/2 of it :)

Now Some Humor
    New CEO
    Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers. On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.
    He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?”
    A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week ... Why?”
    The CEO said, "Wait right here.”
    He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."
    Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?”
    From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Donino's"
    A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: ''I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.''
    Did you hear about the 2 dyslexic theologians? They spent hours and hours arguing about the existence of Dog.

Sadly people seem to be losing their minds
    Arizona Man Arrested For Threatening Congresswoman Over Trump
    Posted at 11:53 am on May 25, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
    An Arizona man was arrested after authorities say he told a Congresswoman her ‘days were numbered’ after she voted to support President Trump.

According to the FBI, a Tuscon school district employee threatened to shoot Representative Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) in three separate voice messages in May after he became enraged with her for supporting President Donald Trump.

Authorities tracked the caller’s phone number to Steve Martan, 58, who was later arrested for allegedly threatening to assault and murder a U.S. official, interfering with McSally’s duties and retaliating against her, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Tucson.

On May 2 and May 10, Martan is accused of calling McSally’s congressional office and leaving threatening, expletive-filled voice-mail messages.

“Yeah this is for Martha McSally,” Martan allegedly said in the first recording, before saying he wanted to wring the congresswoman’s neck. “You need to get back where you came from and leave Arizona,” he added.

According to the Daily Star Martan, who works as a campus monitor at the Miles Explanatory Learning Center in the Tucson Unified School District, was told not to come to campus while the district investigates the allegations against him.

“Our community should be deeply disturbed by these threats of violence,” District Director C.J. Karamargin said in a statement. “Threatening to shoot a member of Congress between the eyes and stating that her days are numbered is sickening. It is especially sickening here in southeastern Arizona because we know, perhaps better than any congressional district in the country, what happens when threats of violence become acts of violence.”
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    0CZvyj.jpg

BCMrVm.jpg

C144El.jpg

39JyzW.jpg

PMe3m0.jpg

ONG46W.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Friday Morning!
    Sunny, 62 degrees, Sweet!!!!
    Ed your take on feeding baby/Ariel made me laugh! Yep, baby food In, Out, All around!! I remember those days!
    Great cartoons again today Roger. Kid sleeping under the bed cracked me up!

DS2 coming out for lunch today at our local Indian Restaurant. They always have a nice buffet so I will eat well.
    About that Vegetarian 'missed steak'. Nope! And I suspect you could overnight give up meat and dairy...all it takes is one life event, and most people are willing and eager to do what it takes to be healthy and alive. I just wanted to avoid my ancestors propensity to have heart attacks if possible.

Well, for a change I'm fed before the cat. And I'd best be calling him to breakfast!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    It's hard for me to imagine giving up Dairy especially.
    I stopped worrying about what can not be changed. Life is to short to add one more worry to it :)

Have a Nice Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    So far today Ariel has eaten half a can of food (minus the little bit scattered on me, the towel, etc...), one quarter can for breakfast, one quarter can for lunch, and we're planning another quarter can for her dinner later!

Hi Ed
    Persistence, That is Your middle name :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

75 out there now and looking to a sunny high of 84 with 0% chance of rain.

I've been up quite some time but distracted by putting clean dishes away, eating food, feeding Lilo, feeding Ariel (1/3 of a 5.5 oz. can for her breakfast. Quite a feat for me but she was not at all amused. If looks could kill...
  • RogerToo
    Final Ariel food update today.

She had a Vincristine treatment today, and they gave her an anti-nausea shot, to see it that might help with her appetite. We have the option, if that seems to help, of getting an oral prescription of it for a few days.

I've fed her the last forced canned food feeding for today, so she's had 3/4 of a 5.5 oz. can today. Still working our way slowly up toward that whole can a day, unless, of course, she starts actually eating voluntarily again! In that case, I'll just watch to be sure she gets as much as I think she needs to eat...

Hi Ed
    You have a lot of patience :)

I hope the Anti-Nausea shot helps

n honor of the Holiday Weekend I did buy a 2 slice package of This, The mille-feuille vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon that is 90 calories and nicely low in carbs too, which I had been developing a craving and when I saw that it would work really nicely as a NS Dessert the sale was made :)
    From Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille-feuille
    Traditionally, a mille-feuille is made up of three layers of puff pastry (pâte feuilletée), alternating with two layers of pastry cream (crème pâtissière), but sometimes whipped cream or jam are substituted. The top pastry layer is dusted with confectioner's sugar, and sometimes cocoa, pastry crumbs, or pulverized seeds (e.g. roasted almonds). Alternatively the top is glazed with icing or fondant in alternating white (icing) and brown (chocolate) stripes, and combed.
    0ErMei.jpg
    BTW the picture is exactly what the ones I bought look like :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger

• RogerToo
    This is weird...
    9:14 and nobody's posted???? What???
    Roger, hope you've had a good walk this morning!
    Ed...concerned for you, and for Ariel. I know Ed wasn't feeling well 2 days ago...or Ariel is fighting eating with extra vigor today...or, or...
    All well here. Sun playing peek a boo with the clouds, but should be a nice day...High low 80's, sunny morning, some cloudiness this afternoon, but no rain forecasted.
    I need to get a cat of my own fed, and me too come to think about it!!
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    The walk was OK, the delay posting was getting the haircut and shopping done.
    And this is the other reason, The Burger King and their Whoppers being in the same shopping center as the ShopRite is one reason for going shopping there early. The BK Breakfasts never thrilled me so that made it easy to avoid that temptation.

The Sun is out here, no surprise since the original forecast was for some rain too.

Have a Nice Holiday
    Roger

P.S. Enjoy the humor such as it is :)
  • parityanimal
    My first ripe blackberry of the season!

20170527_105843_zpsm1wbbyc5.jpg