Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Ed sorry Ariel is not willing to eat on her own. I was thinking of her yesterday, and again today in the grocery...would it work to mash up some stinky sardines with her food. I know you were looking for strong smelling stuff. how about cheese. A lot of cats (and every dog I've ever owned love cheese)...just some random thoughts....

by 3:30 p today I had visited 3 grocery stores, started a load of clothes and finished loading and am running the dishwasher. And, yes, my ankle is in a bucket of cold water! LOL!

Oh, and this Podiatrist that I found is definitely a keeper. Sent me an email asking about my ankle last night...I answered that I was still having trouble and now also my knee..I asked about exercises, ankle brace, etc, and he answered that too. So when I go to see him Monday I should have exercises and an ankle brace to wear when I cut the grass. My yard is just not flat and the 'tilt' of the yard really does a number on my ankle. But, really how many Doc's do you know who'd send out emails to patients asking about how they were progressing??

Time to remove my foot from its cold soak,
    Later...

Hi Again
    You appear to have found a Gem there. No Epsom Salts ?

Cheers
  • RogerToo
    Well, Ariel has eaten her first meal today and I have achieved level 20 in cat force feeding. And level 50 in patience, I think. At least. LOL.

Hi You have lots of Patience, I do not know if I could do that, Kudos to You.
    3/4 of a can today. Slow, small bites and we get through it. J could not do this, I don't think. He'd lose patience and give up. Or throw up from the cat food all over his hand...On the other hand, he does really love this cat so maybe he could suck it up and do it, but I know he's glad that I know how, and am willing and patient enough to take care of it.

Ariel is really HIS special cat, and he's her special person so it's just as well that I be the "bad" dad for this. I need to get out to the store Thursday for sure to get beans and food and probably stop at the vet too for more canned food for Ariel, and maybe some dry kibble for Lilo.

Sort of like good cop, bad cop :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Irish people taste Mexican breakfasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6qyxHc0ng
  • parityanimal
    And next...they taste test nachos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXModc-NTQU
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Nothing from Valerie today. Hope everything is OK.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

66 out there now. Expected high of 87. 10% chance of rain.

Need to get the sink cleared and get Ariel off to the vet for her lab work and (probably) chemo today. It's just a pill today if she gets it, but today they are doing a re-scan to see if the current chemo protocol is actually working as well as hoped, and then we can re-evaluate if it isn't.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    YW7eoa.gif

giRYdh.gif
    Oops

aloNMI.gif

C2QhIG.jpg

n1CSsx.gif

sYITQJ.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps Cent during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. I went lighter in my clothes while walking too.

I shortened my walk for two reasons, one I slept late, a minor reason and the major reason is planned heavy yard work today too :)

http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/
    1173 KING GEORGES POST RD. EDISON, NJ. 08837
    Tel.732-661-9100 _ Fax. 732-661-1605
    I hear that the portions are hard for two people to eat all of them, forget one person. Pricey too.
    I listed this here since I will be meeting friends for dinner there on the 16th.

NEWS
    Blowtorch used in attempted ATM burglary in northeast Houston
    http://abc13.com/news/torch-used-in-attempted-atm-burglary-in-ne-houston/1805172/

NEWS
    Blowtorch used in attempted ATM burglary in northeast Houston
    Friday, March 17, 2017
    HOUSTON (KTRK) --
    An ATM caught fire after someone used a blowtorch in an attempted burglary.

An eyewitness flagged down an officer around 4 a.m. at the Chase Bank on Lockwood near Lyons in northeast Houston.

They told officers that the ATM was burning.

Police said that a person tried to get the cash out of the machine by cutting into it with a torch, but it caught fire and the person took off empty-handed.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Nothing from Valerie today. Hope everything is OK.

Hi Ed
    Me Too
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

66 out there now. Expected high of 87. 10% chance of rain.

Need to get the sink cleared and get Ariel off to the vet for her lab work and (probably) chemo today. It's just a pill today if she gets it, but today they are doing a re-scan to see if the current chemo protocol is actually working as well as hoped, and then we can re-evaluate if it isn't.
    Good Luck at the Vet
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
    I hate to be a pest, I can not find my notice from the Medicare people regarding the one expensive Blood test they did not cover. I recollect that You had that happen too, Do You recall which one? Vitamin A comes to mind, however I could easily be wrong.

Thank You
    Roger

P.S. Enjoy the Humor
  • parityanimal
    Testing useless kitchen gadgets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5DLWBPDRVk
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    WOW do I have a lot of 'catch up' to do this morning!
    Going to make a list, and will be right back. I DID read and mentally respond to several questions and cartoons yesterday...but got carried away with my trip to help O with her sewing, and some yard work, trash to curb, etc..
    ok, back in a few....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Late start this morning..slept later than I thought possible! LOL!! So, there's that for my late morning excuse! If I hurry I can post before the clock strikes Noon!
    I think I must have spent longer in New Jersey that I remember.....looked at Rogers post about the most misspelled words....I can spell appreciate no problem (the GA word) and I'm sure Ed can too, but darn ole February has always, even in school, given me issues. I don't know why Maybe because the r is silent? maybe?

No Roger, Dr. Sinkoe's instructions were to ice X 3 daily. So no Epsom Salts... I have my foot and ankle in a bucket of cold water as I type. And his office called a little bit ago to remind me about my Monday appointment! Several offices do that these days, I know, but combine that with the personal calls and emails from the good doc...mind blowing!

Also Roger, The blood test, which I ended up not having to pay, was for a Vitamin D test. The 'sunshine vitamin', which they've found is not actually a vitamin at all, but a hormone! Anyhow, I took the letter, bill, etc to my Doc's office and they said they'd take care of it. The reason Med.Care gave for not covering it was it did not fit my diagnosis. That's what made me mad...73 (at that time) years old should cover it...one of several nutritional shortages in older people...add in osteoporosis, etc, so...the bill never showed up again. :)But it was the Doc's office that took care of the charges.

Ed, I'm fine. Just finding that even in retirement I could use a few extra hours in my day! :( , really????
    I watched and enjoyed the Cooking Hacks! Some of those things I already do...some looked worth trying, and some seemed sorta silly...in that they were more trouble than the usual method. LOL!!
    Will be watching later today for a synopsis of Ariel's vet visit. Have fingers crossed for her.
    So, computer says its 11:38, and I have not done one single thing today past feeding a cat and eating a bowl of granola and fruit. I went fruit happy this week at my various grocery stores, and have raspberries, blackberries, fresh blueberries, banana's, cantaloupe, and a whole seedless watermelon!?!?!?!? So, raspberries on my salads, blueberries and blackberries on my cereal...later today will be cantaloupe, and if I get outside for any length of time in the heat, there will be watermelon and a bucket of cold water for my ankle to cool me off! :) Which leaves bananas and the rest of the cherries...Oh, bought two small handfuls of sweet cherries too...
    So, yeah, I had a list....no, I didn't follow it too carefully....my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Hope you guys have a great day... Roger you will have to take pix of your garden and flowers, you and your Brother have put a lot of time and energy into your yard this spring. Hoping you're rewarded with lots of black berries and raspberries!

Ed, you growing micro greens or any veg's this year? I recall when you first moved here from Memphis you planted a lot of plants and flowers. Just curious.

Ok...time is just zooming along..
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Ariel's initial protocol wasn't working, so we've changed her to Lomustine every 4 weeks, for possibly up to six treatments, though we will re-evaluate after the second treatment to see if it seems to be working.

She is also back on Prednisone for the duration of the Lomustine treatment at least.
  • parityanimal
    I have no plans to grow any vegetables this year or greens. Ariel is my priority for now. We're going to see if the Prednisone brings back any appetite. It very well might.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hope the new drug works for her, and that the Prednisone brings back her appetite! Fingers crossed Ed.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 4100 Steps + 4 Cents during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I went out in my rain gear while walking. Before I forget to mention it, there is a light rain falling and somewhat of a breeze leading to a raw feel in the air :(

I shortened my walk for this reason, I plan to walk up to the bank later and some yard work today too :)

I expect the phone call around 9AM from NS telling me that my frozen portion has shipped which I already knew from a email yesterday :)
    Tracking shows, 6/03/2017 - Saturday 6:01 am At local FedEx facility CARTERET, NJ
    Normally it would show out for delivery so I do not know if it will come today or not. I am ambivalent about it coming today, I want to try the new NS Foods, especially the melts, OTOH I could use a day or two more to free more space in both the Basement Freezer and freezer section of the refrigerator so....

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Traffic Sign Humor, Enjoy
    QShRq1.jpg

TlGwd7.jpg

56MOGr.jpg

tY5WwH.jpg

0Wp0K8.jpg

vI3mLH.jpg