Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Valerie, this gives a good explanation of what they were making, with, I'm sure, their own variation, but it sounds delicious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bun_kebab

Hi Ed
    Thanks for all the links :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 77 out there with an expected high of 82 and 20% chance of rain.

I need to go browse the blueberry plants.

I've been up for hours but distracted by putting away clean dishes, feeding me, feeding Lilo, feeding Ariel, and then clearing the sink.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    And...here they are! A few of them are the "Pink Lemonade" variety.

20170606_104223_zpsm4zlpwea.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Nice berries Ed! I didn't know about pink blueberries. Sounds weird, huh? But Blue Lemonade wouldn't sound better either!

I'm going to try to extract the squirrel breaking the water balloon. My DS1 and grandson would love it! I admit to laughing every time I watch it!!

And, weather has changed yet again...I hear thunder, the sun is hiding, though its not dark as night yet. Noon weather said south of I-20...I think its closer than that!!! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Wiley & Runner - look caught one
    eOMKEi.jpg

nVLIMy.jpg

DHfFFO.jpg

x6lbVT.jpg

6FDVcn.jpg

EUtASd.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 65 out there now with an expected high of 79 and 20% chance of rain.

Sink has been cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel is still snoozing with Jason.

Might get out to the store but doubt it.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 7100 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 50 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. I Did see a Fox scavenging Road Kill on the way back to house.

http://ksnt.com/2017/06/02/101-year-old-topeka-woman-ready-for-high-school-reunion/
    101-year-old Topeka woman ready for high school reunion
    By James Ryan Published: June 2, 2017, 10:49 pm
    TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A 101-year-old Topeka woman is getting ready for her 83rd high school reunion. Dorothy Priddy graduated from Seaman High School in 1934. She has many fond memories of that time, but she admits she didn’t spend a lot of time studying.
    “I walked from Seaman High School over to Woolworth’s to work for 10 cents an hour. That’s how much I got paid,” said Priddy.
    On Sunday she will go to the Seaman Annual Alumni Banquet. It’s her first alumni event in decades and she said she’s a little nervous.
    “Out of my class I think there’s only about two left. There were 65,” said Priddy.
    She’s excited to see the renovation to her old high school. The building she went to school is now the district office at the corner of Tyler and Lyman.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/carpet-cleaner-extinguishes-brush-fire-with-misting-hose
    Carpet cleaner extinguishes brush fire with misting hose
    Jared Aiton said he wasn't sure his plan would work. He had a tank of water and a hose, but the sprayer only shoots a mist, and yet that was enough to save the day.

Aiton cleans carpets. He was driving his van when the carpet cleaner became a firefighter on May 31st.

"Come up over a hill and on the left side I see some flashing lights and a fire," he said. "I just felt that I needed to put it out."

Aiton saw a brush fire. So the man stood on the side of Loop 303 near 35th Avenue, carpet cleaning hose in hand, fire in his sights.

But he wasn't sure the hose's mist would actually help extinguish the flames.

More info with the links to both items

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 77 out there with an expected high of 82 and 20% chance of rain.

I need to go browse the blueberry plants.

I've been up for hours but distracted by putting away clean dishes, feeding me, feeding Lilo, feeding Ariel, and then clearing the sink.

Hi Ed
    Interesting looking Blueberries, Nice to get them fresh too.

We are expecting a high today in the 60s and possibly up to 90 Sunday or Monday :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Nice berries Ed! I didn't know about pink blueberries. Sounds weird, huh? But Blue Lemonade wouldn't sound better either!

I'm going to try to extract the squirrel breaking the water balloon. My DS1 and grandson would love it! I admit to laughing every time I watch it!!

And, weather has changed yet again...I hear thunder, the sun is hiding, though its not dark as night yet. Noon weather said south of I-20...I think its closer than that!!! :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    If I said my brother loved it too...
    In the Windows world Using Firefox I would just right click on it and choose "save image as" from the drop down menu. And using the Internet Explorer replacement from Microsoft You can do the Right Click and select "Save Picture as" so I am guessing in the Apple world You have something Similar?

You have a easier method however, Here is a link to where it is hosted :)
    http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3641/lT64dQ.gif
    You can use that link in a email or try and save it.
    As an alternative method if You quote my post in a reply the links will show up there too. Do not use my links on other forums please. BTW that image was found out there on the Internet FWIW.

Stay Dry and Safe
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2017
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...shopping spree day for groceries.
    Refrigerator cleaned out, kitchen all cleared, list in phone. Just needing a shower and some breakfast! Would like to get it all done, so I can have about an hour outside to work on my neighbors darned ivy. Who ever the owner (the former Korean couple) hire to keep their lawn cut and trimmed, only trimmed half the length of the ivy. So , decided I'd just cut the rest back myself.I'm guessing it will only need to be done a couple times a year....I hope

Jealous of you all and your fresh from the bushes fruit! And to make it worse, my wild blackberries which were so big and nice last year, are tiny and sour/tart. Oh, well. I looked into raspberry bushes...and in my research I found the clinker...do not plant in an area where there have been wild blackberries, or where wild blackberries are growing within I think it said 100 yards. (don't hold me to accuracy for the 100 yards)...I'm guessing they'll cross pollinate, and that the resulting bushes will have thorns. Oh, well.

The cartoons....much as I love Wiley Coyote and Road Runner...that painting really did need to be painted over. Looked way too real, and I'd have run into the wall thinking it was a tunnel too. YIKES. I think the faucet over the electrical outlet is photo shopped. Surely nobody is that dumb...:)

Ok, off to the shower, and then some breakfast.

Later...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 64 out there with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of rain.

Last night I had slow cooked rolled pork roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner. That roast nearly drove me crazy with the luscious aroma as it cooked all day long in a Crock Pot, with fairly simple seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic and paprika and covered with a can of cream of mushroom soup. The drippings and some more water later made a delicious gravy to cover the moist, tender pork. Needless to say, even though it was a small pork roast, there are leftovers and lunch for today is already plated and ready to microwave.

Need to do some housework today if I can.

Sink has been cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel hasn't been pilled or fed yet, but that will come. Yesterday I shoveled a whole 5.5 oz. can of food (less what got on the towel, or me) into her over the course of the day. She had 1/3 of the can or so for each of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, separated by about 6 hours between meals.

• RogerToo
    LxCeKH.jpg

pdwkO2.png

9zV7K9.jpg

DtEDSe.jpg

9j3zJg.png
    I'm interested

arjzhL.png
    DST - Another busy night at all the British henge sites as staff work all night to move the stones forward by an hour
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 6500 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 50 degrees on the front porch. I Did see a the Fox today to on the way back to house. I ended up the day yesterday with 12.6k steps.

Wednesday a little bit before noon I got my LWB with the 7 replacement frozen lunch items that were short in my BWB. I also got my BBB and therefore I ended up with a lot of steps after also mowing the lawn due to a burst of energy and the nice weather.

I have now tried the New NS Chocolate Chip Baked Bar which is a breakfast item. It was tasty and worth reordering. Since it is a Breakfast food it and a lunch item are interchangeable as both consist of a SC + PF.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...shopping spree day for groceries.
    Refrigerator cleaned out, kitchen all cleared, list in phone. Just needing a shower and some breakfast! Would like to get it all done, so I can have about an hour outside to work on my neighbors darned ivy. Who ever the owner (the former Korean couple) hire to keep their lawn cut and trimmed, only trimmed half the length of the ivy. So , decided I'd just cut the rest back myself.I'm guessing it will only need to be done a couple times a year....I hope

Jealous of you all and your fresh from the bushes fruit! And to make it worse, my wild blackberries which were so big and nice last year, are tiny and sour/tart. Oh, well. I looked into raspberry bushes...and in my research I found the clinker...do not plant in an area where there have been wild blackberries, or where wild blackberries are growing within I think it said 100 yards. (don't hold me to accuracy for the 100 yards)...I'm guessing they'll cross pollinate, and that the resulting bushes will have thorns. Oh, well.

The cartoons....much as I love Wiley Coyote and Road Runner...that painting really did need to be painted over. Looked way too real, and I'd have run into the wall thinking it was a tunnel too. YIKES. I think the faucet over the electrical outlet is photo shopped. Surely nobody is that dumb...:)

Ok, off to the shower, and then some breakfast.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I also got my Laundry done, I had a productive day Wednesday as regards chores. Today I shall be taking the day off except that I do want to split the hanging basket into three pots with the Geraniums that I overwintered in the house.

I had to look at that one twice then I got it. Looks like Tweety Bird on the back window of the one that has the PLZSTOP license plate, BTW that plate did not work :)

I planted them close together too. OTOH I do not plan to to breed the Blackberries. I also noticed that I have one whole Raspberry that is already a Red color on it's way to being ripe. A early bird compared to the rest of them. I have a suspicion that the upcoming Heat Wave for the weekend will ripen it if it has not already ripened by them.

We had a Yard care man come in and he spent a 1/2 day removing all the IVY that had grown into the back yard and was out of control coming in from neighbors yards due to our neglecting it for years :(

I'm sorry that the Blackberries are small and tart/sour. If I had to guess it must be weather related?

FWIW the Raspberry bushes I planted last year did produce the same year. Are You worried about thorns?

I'm not sure about the faucet. I have seen some silly things done. It is possible that the sink was relocated?

Either way have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 64 out there with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of rain.

Last night I had slow cooked rolled pork roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner. That roast nearly drove me crazy with the luscious aroma as it cooked all day long in a Crock Pot, with fairly simple seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic and paprika and covered with a can of cream of mushroom soup. The drippings and some more water later made a delicious gravy to cover the moist, tender pork. Needless to say, even though it was a small pork roast, there are leftovers and lunch for today is already plated and ready to microwave.

Need to do some housework today if I can.

Sink has been cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel hasn't been pilled or fed yet, but that will come. Yesterday I shoveled a whole 5.5 oz. can of food (less what got on the towel, or me) into her over the course of the day. She had 1/3 of the can or so for each of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, separated by about 6 hours between meals.
    Hi Ed
    The Pork Roast sounds delicious. We still have a Whole Pork Tenderloin in the deep freezer that has becoming Pork Chops, and a Small roast and Probably Breakfast sausage in its future.

I will be using the last of the de-breaded Lemon Chicken my brother brought home from a meeting on Tuesday later today.

I did get all my house chores done yesterday, I had a burst of energy :)

Good Luck getting Ariel Pilled and fed today
    Roger