Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning guys!
    I have been up for quite awhile...currently soaking foot...have consumed my morning half caff coffee, and am working on my still quite hot cup of green tea with lemon. But the good news? I got all my emails read, or discarded, or filed. They've been 'building up' for awhile. Some were worth reading, many were instant discards. One that I really wanted to pursue has a bad link! Its from a web site about Pulses. I've signed up in the past for their 'Pulse Challenge' and another of their challenges, this one is a 4 day thing and I'm most interested in the new recipe's. I do love beans...and they have a wealth of recipe's there. Not sure whats the deal with the link not working.... disappointed...
    Cat has been fed, given a good back scratch, and chin rub...both of which he loves, and then was lured out on the deck with a small handful of kitty treats! :)
    Neither I nor anyone else won the Power Ball lottery last night. As the cartoon of a dejected Bugs Bunny says : "Dammit, Really Had My Heart Set On Waking Up Rich Today" Its been my screen page for awhile now...hasn't happened yet, unless you count the $3 I won last week! LOL!

Ed, so glad you got all of that can of cat food into Ariel yesterday. :) Hopefully she'll repeat that today for you. Today looks to be a perfect outdoor day, cool, breeze, sunny, etc. Your rolled pork roast sounds delicious, and I'm quite sure it tastes delicious as well!! Wish I'd learned to do that back when I actually ATE meat! I don't think I even had a crock pot back then...my loss! :(

Roger..I don't have an issue about thorns really, but if I paid for thornless plants and they reverted back to the thorn-ed variety I think I'd be a bit ummm.. upset!
    I laughed at several of the cartoons this morning. Had to look at Noah's Arc twice before it made sense. Then it was funny!!! The smoking cat and his look out also made me laugh. Ok, so they all made me laugh :smiley: Glad you got all your food. I'm sure that was a chore putting everything away. I take it the BBB had everything correct this time. Yea NS!

I am just goofing off today AFTER I clear my very full sink, and have my 'brunch'. Yesterday I made what I have thought of for years as a very Irish, plain, peasant dish...and discovered it is English?? Well that would explain the plain part anyway... I made a big batch of Bubble and Squeak. I don't make it often, but have been making it for a very long time. I did omit the butter in the skillet, but other than that....quick to make. I didn't have any left over mashed potatoes, so I peeled and chunked up my potatoes, covered them with cold water in the bottom half of my steamer pot...Started them cooking while I cut up the cabbage. When the potato water started to boil set the steamer part on the pot filled with the cabbage and some onion and carrot shreds (onion for flavor, carrot for some color) And in no time I had nicely steamed vegetables to stir into my mashed up potato. Browned it in a skillet and oh my yum!!!
    Have enough for whatever meal I need when I get hungry today. Thinking around news time, or shortly after. After that...who knows :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Kids taste more Indian food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0pPIo-ksS0
  • GardenKatGardens
    Just a quick update...ready to push trash to the street for tomorrow's pick up, got the rest of the neighbors English Ivy cut out of my yard, sink cleaned, cooked some asparagus, and chopped up the stems, had the heads with my Bubble and Squeak, etc. Its been a good day!

See you tomorrow.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

63 out there now, with an expected high of 83 and 0% chance of rain.

Sounds like a nice day! I might get out to the store today for a few things.

I've been fed, Lilo has been fed, and Ariel is still sleeping in.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning TGIF!
    No agenda today. Some things I'd like to get done, or would like to do...nothing that HAS to happen.
    As Ed said, It sounds like a good day. I may get the pruners out just to terrify the shrubbery! :)

Roger's recovering from his walk, or walking late to go by the bank?

Enjoying the sunny morning and my cup of coffee!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Some baby humor to start
    xFju6a.jpg

qBmfb2.jpg

AZH5BW.jpg

8EKo2p.jpg

1OSRUu.jpg

Oops
    zp5yB3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    I walked 7000 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 54 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 9.5k steps. Considering where I shall end up for a step count today after yard work later on I should be fine for step count from Wednesday through Today if not over.

I talked to a crossing guard this morning and he is also having a problem with those walking appetites known as deer eating his flowers, They came back and ate the ones he had sprayed with deer repellent too, Which is something I had been considering :(

I recently had what I suspect was a scam visitor at the front door. I Young lady wanted to see my Electric Bill, and when I Said I don't have it wanted my name. I suspect That acceding to either of those requests would have ended badly with my electric supplier being switched.

I should call PSE&G later today and let them know to watch for that possibility just in case.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning guys!
    I have been up for quite awhile...currently soaking foot...have consumed my morning half caff coffee, and am working on my still quite hot cup of green tea with lemon. But the good news? I got all my emails read, or discarded, or filed. They've been 'building up' for awhile. Some were worth reading, many were instant discards. One that I really wanted to pursue has a bad link! Its from a web site about Pulses. I've signed up in the past for their 'Pulse Challenge' and another of their challenges, this one is a 4 day thing and I'm most interested in the new recipe's. I do love beans...and they have a wealth of recipe's there. Not sure whats the deal with the link not working.... disappointed...
    Cat has been fed, given a good back scratch, and chin rub...both of which he loves, and then was lured out on the deck with a small handful of kitty treats! :)
    Neither I nor anyone else won the Power Ball lottery last night. As the cartoon of a dejected Bugs Bunny says : "Dammit, Really Had My Heart Set On Waking Up Rich Today" Its been my screen page for awhile now...hasn't happened yet, unless you count the $3 I won last week! LOL!

Ed, so glad you got all of that can of cat food into Ariel yesterday. :) Hopefully she'll repeat that today for you. Today looks to be a perfect outdoor day, cool, breeze, sunny, etc. Your rolled pork roast sounds delicious, and I'm quite sure it tastes delicious as well!! Wish I'd learned to do that back when I actually ATE meat! I don't think I even had a crock pot back then...my loss! :(
    Hi Valerie
    FWIW, Three dollars is better than I have been doing with the Lottery.

I had a crock pot and used it for a while many moons ago, then I just stopped using it. I am not even sure why.
    Roger..I don't have an issue about thorns really, but if I paid for thornless plants and they reverted back to the thorn-ed variety I think I'd be a bit ummm.. upset!
    I laughed at several of the cartoons this morning. Had to look at Noah's Arc twice before it made sense. Then it was funny!!! The smoking cat and his look out also made me laugh. Ok, so they all made me laugh :smiley: Glad you got all your food. I'm sure that was a chore putting everything away. I take it the BBB had everything correct this time. Yea NS!
    Yes indeed, they got the BBB right and they did replace the missing frozen with the missing items, In the past if it was only one or two frozen they replaced with Ready to go or as I like to think of it, Shelf Stable Foods. They did offer two RTG items for one missing frozen a couple of times and being a frugal person I said YES!

I'm glad that the humor is going over so well :)
    I am just goofing off today AFTER I clear my very full sink, and have my 'brunch'. Yesterday I made what I have thought of for years as a very Irish, plain, peasant dish...and discovered it is English?? Well that would explain the plain part anyway... I made a big batch of Bubble and Squeak. I don't make it often, but have been making it for a very long time. I did omit the butter in the skillet, but other than that....quick to make. I didn't have any left over mashed potatoes, so I peeled and chunked up my potatoes, covered them with cold water in the bottom half of my steamer pot...Started them cooking while I cut up the cabbage. When the potato water started to boil set the steamer part on the pot filled with the cabbage and some onion and carrot shreds (onion for flavor, carrot for some color) And in no time I had nicely steamed vegetables to stir into my mashed up potato. Browned it in a skillet and oh my yum!!!
    Have enough for whatever meal I need when I get hungry today. Thinking around news time, or shortly after. After that...who knows :)

Later...
    Interesting, I thought that everybody knew Bubble & Squeak was a British food :)
    I guess I knew from watching British Comedies and Detective stories as well as reading Agatha Christie.
    Just a quick update...ready to push trash to the street for tomorrow's pick up, got the rest of the neighbors English Ivy cut out of my yard, sink cleaned, cooked some asparagus, and chopped up the stems, had the heads with my Bubble and Squeak, etc. Its been a good day!

See you tomorrow.

The frugal person in me thinks there must be a way to use even the woody part of the stems from the Asparagus ?
    Good Morning TGIF!
    No agenda today. Some things I'd like to get done, or would like to do...nothing that HAS to happen.
    As Ed said, It sounds like a good day. I may get the pruners out just to terrify the shrubbery! :)

Roger's recovering from his walk, or walking late to go by the bank?

Enjoying the sunny morning and my cup of coffee!

Later...

Nope, Roger was just running late posting :)

Going back to something You said, Do You buy the Half Caff Coffee or use regular and Decaf blended?

Yea for getting the yard work done, We have a Picnic Table covered with a dozen or more bags of mulch to spread today.

Yesterdays yard work all I did was divide the hanging pot of Geraniums into three, they were getting really pot bound after being in the same pot since last spring.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Kids taste more Indian food.
    Hi Ed
    That one me my mind wander to thinking how do You differentiate between people from India Indians and our own?
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

63 out there now, with an expected high of 83 and 0% chance of rain.

Sounds like a nice day! I might get out to the store today for a few things.

I've been fed, Lilo has been fed, and Ariel is still sleeping in.
    FWIW it was chilly out walking this morning and despite that it is supposed to be in the 80s today, High 80s tomorrow and then a three day heat wave. There is a chance of what the weatherman called T-Showers later on today :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Our own "Indians" are Native Americans...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 64 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain.

J and I have orchid judging photography today. And we don't even have to route around the (previously) damaged section of I-85 this month since they got it fixed nice and early!

Sink needs to be cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel will be fed in a while.

The cats got into it this morning about something, but I have no idea what. It didn't last long though as I got up and glared them into submission...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    I walked 7100 Steps + 2 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

Hi
    I'm trying smaller images as a test, Feedback please
    Roger
    nWx2WQ.jpg

tStZlN.jpg

ACBz2I.jpg

KGHZSr.jpg

rw8c5M.jpg

2Yn0Oj.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Our own "Indians" are Native Americans...

Hi Ed
    I may be showing my age here?
    When I was a Youngster we played Cowboys and Indians, Not Cowboys and Native Americans :)

Calling the natives Indians is what stuck with me.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 64 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 0% chance of rain.

J and I have orchid judging photography today. And we don't even have to route around the (previously) damaged section of I-85 this month since they got it fixed nice and early!

Sink needs to be cleared. Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel will be fed in a while.

The cats got into it this morning about something, but I have no idea what. It didn't last long though as I got up and glared them into submission...
    We seem to be headed for the same temperature and a minimal but not Zero chance of rain. Tomorrow we head into the 90s for three days with high humidity too, Yuck :(

That Must be some glare :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Saturday morning!
    Sunny and still quite cool and comfy...which will change over the course of the day, predicted high 87 degrees.

I can/could 'stare' my boys into better behaviors when they were just kids...not so sure that would work not, and not about to try it!!! And as for Tom E. I could stare at him for DAYS and it wouldn't bother him one bit.

My brother and I played Cowboys and Indians when we were kids too. With cap guns, rifles that shot a cork on a string!, and sometimes just finger guns and 'Air' bows and arrows. I'm sure its not correct, but I've been known to say "India Indians"...must be a better term our there.???
    Hair appointment today, then on to see Ted, and dinner at R Thomas.
    Hockey game tonite...game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. If Pittsburgh wins game over, if Nashville Predators win, there will be a game 7 on Wednesday.

Need to wander off to the kitchen, I know there's stuff in the sink, and while I'm out there I'm pretty sure 'hunger' is not far off...:)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I grew up with cowboys and Indians too, but I try not to use the term now to refer to Native Americans. Sometimes, to clarify though, I will say East Indian to refer to things/people of that other country. If I just say Indian, it will generally mean from/of/relating to India, but I do realize this can be confusing for us older folk...and I do include myself in that as I have to think it through when other people use the term "Indian" to make sure I know what they meant!
  • parityanimal
    Well, the smaller pictures worked, but honestly I liked the full size ones better. And the full sized ones are easier to swipe and share. :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Have had a great day in ATL..new really short hair cut, a fun dinner with Ted at R Thomas. Long ride home, several miles of interstate being resurfaced...and just when I thought it would break up and we could top 35 mph, and there was an accident about 7-8 miles ahead....and all 7 lanes were going creep and stop. Had I known I'd have gone home a different way!

Roger, I think I'm with Ed...the bigger ones are easier, yes they take up a bit of space, but they're easier to see.

Ed, hope your photo sessions with the orchids went well.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there this morning, expecting a high of 87 with 0% chance of rain.

Lilo and I have been fed and Ariel is still snoozing.

Maybe laundry today.

Nothing really on the agenda for today. A day off!