Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited June 2017
    Ariel has had her reluctant breakfast. She was really not having a good day yesterday, so I only made her eat half a can yesterday. The other half of that can was her breakfast today. We're nearing the middle point between the first two Lomustine treatments and, from what I've read, the two weeks in the middle can be the worst as far as lowered blood counts, etc. Hopefully we can get her through them and back up to par enough for the next treatment. We'll certainly try. We knew going in that if the cancer doesn't kill her the chemo might, but without the chemo the cancer WILL so we have to give it the chance.

At least I know she's not...blocked. She left signs of that in places we would have much preferred she not leave such signs, but I know about cleaning up after sick cats from many years of experience.

She has also taken to hiding under the bed, which does not make me happy as she can, if she wants, get so far under that it's difficult to get her out, and requires both of us and a broom.

Luckily, the first time was the only time so far that it needed us both. The last two times she was in easy reach and I was able to get her by myself.

Looking back at the comics for the last couple of day, J NEEDS to see that one about recycling the soft drink cans daily.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 71 out there now and looking to a high of 88 with 30% chance of rain.

Calendar show's J's tooth cleaning appointment tomorrow, so mine should be to though I don't seem to have placed it on the calendar. I'll call the dental office in a bit to verify...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Breaking news
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html
    House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip and multiple Congressional aides were hit by a gunman with a rifle who opened fire at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday morning, Fox News confirmed.
    At least one aide was shot in the chest.
    Both @POTUS & @VP are aware of the developing situation in Virginia. Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected.
    — Sean Spicer (@PressSec) June 14, 2017

The gunman was shot by U.S. Capital Police, apprehended and taken to the hospital. Sen. Mike Lee told Fox News, however, the gunman was dead. Rep. Mo Brooks reportedly used a belt as a tourniquet to stop Scalise's bleeding.

Hi
    I walked 6400 Steps + 11 cents during todays walk. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch. The predicted high for today is the low 80s. Yesterday some locations in NJ hit 99 degrees and at LaGuardia Airport in NY they set a new record high at 101 degrees.

If a Pizza is round, why does it come in a square box ?

More details in the article
    http://www.chron.com/news/politics/houston/article/Cash-strapped-city-sells-some-streets-11213664.php
    Cash-strapped Houston sells off $2M worth of city streets
    The city of Houston held a yard sale of sorts last week, dusting off some possessions it doesn't use anymore and offering them for sale or swap to its neighbors.
    In this case, City Council approved selling or swapping almost $2 million worth of city streets and utility easements. That won't correct the more than $100 million budget deficits city officials project for the next five years, but it's not peanuts.
    The first example came in Manchester, where council abandoned and sold several streets and easements to the adjacent Valero refinery for $1.4 million.

If You have a strong stomach visit this link
    http://abc13.com/news/neighbors-furious-over-mans-smelly-clam-shell-road/2071302/

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ariel has had her reluctant breakfast. She was really not having a good day yesterday, so I only made her eat half a can yesterday. The other half of that can was her breakfast today. We're nearing the middle point between the first two Lomustine treatments and, from what I've read, the two weeks in the middle can be the worst as far as lowered blood counts, etc. Hopefully we can get her through them and back up to par enough for the next treatment. We'll certainly try. We knew going in that if the cancer doesn't kill her the chemo might, but without the chemo the cancer WILL so we have to give it the chance.

At least I know she's not...blocked. She left signs of that in places we would have much preferred she not leave such signs, but I know about cleaning up after sick cats from many years of experience.

She has also taken to hiding under the bed, which does not make me happy as she can, if she wants, get so far under that it's difficult to get her out, and requires both of us and a broom.

Luckily, the first time was the only time so far that it needed us both. The last two times she was in easy reach and I was able to get her by myself.

Looking back at the comics for the last couple of day, J NEEDS to see that one about recycling the soft drink cans daily.
    Hi Ed
    Signs left behind, Good and bad news ?

Hopefully all will be well.
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 71 out there now and looking to a high of 88 with 30% chance of rain.

Calendar show's J's tooth cleaning appointment tomorrow, so mine should be to though I don't seem to have placed it on the calendar. I'll call the dental office in a bit to verify.
    The heat wave is finished for a while, I am still waiting for the humidity to leave however...
    I got spritzed on heading back homeward, Not enough or for long enough to make me break out the emergency poncho.

The first thing I did when I got home was turn on the Living Room AC as it was still 80 degrees from having it off overnight.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    Sorry no humor today as I am in a state of disgust with the shooting in Virginia :(
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Afternoon!
    Shopping day...and shopping was quick and relatively painless so, shopping day is not really a good excuse. Not sure where my day has gone! BUT I know where its going....heading off for a nap. :) Hot and humid out side today, like summer!!! :)

I saw the breaking news about the shooting in VA while watching the noon news...also I understand that the gunman asked it it was the Republican or Democratic team before he opened fire. I've enjoyed several good robust online debates this political season, but not to the point that I'd want to shoot somebody. Must have been one of the 'deplorables' Hillary mentioned. And a couple with Ted, who knows more than most about the political scene, yet never votes! Go figure. Jack on the other hand is impossible to argue with...he has his party and follows it like a lemming. That I do no understand.

My A/C was running when I woke this morning...and the thermometer is set at 77...so I'm guessing it never really cooled off overnight, or at least not enough. Its 88 degrees and bright sunny right now, so even though the thermostat is set at 80, the A/C is running a good bit. Again...its Summer!!!

Oh, FWIW, Ed, Publix is now taking Kroger coupons! Made me laugh, they saw a niche, and grabbed it! Good for them. I'm really thinking Kroger has shot themselves in the foot with this latest move. (no senior discount).

Ok, time for about an hours snooze and then clear my head and chat with Jack at 5. :)

Later...

• parityanimal
    REST IN PEACE, ARIEL.

It was a good 8 years but it's over. She was a sweet kitty.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh Ed! You and J will be in my thoughts for awhile. I'm sure she was a good kitty...and she put up a good fight. Hugs to you both.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 69 out there with an expected high of 89 and 40% chance of rain. Woke up about 5:30 and knew I wasn't getting back to sleep.

Ariel was acting a bit unusually social yesterday morning, and I guess she was saying goodbye because she just sort of gave up in the afternoon and was mostly limp, refusing a second meal entirely, and it was clear that the tumor was finally causing her too much pain to go on. We let her go at a little before 7:00 last night at our vet. J will be getting a clay paw print for us to bake and she had a small quilt made by his mother with her name on it, so he'll have that as a keepsake too.

I just feel numb and empty.

Need to clean up more around the house today, as I've been letting that slip because she was so sloppy she'd just mess it up right away.

And cry some more.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Kids try 100 years of fine dining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dac9ONfMGI0
  • RogerToo
    XyQyft.jpg

iVCmhu.jpg

Sbdh2W.jpg

d8ZDp3.jpg
    Three Brothers ??

RB4DTA.gif

4L62IV.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 8000 Steps + 1 cent during todays walk. The temperature this morning was 66 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch. The predicted high for today is in the 70s.

KUv6ys.jpg

http://6abc.com/news/psychic-hit-by-car-inside-restaurant-says-he-didnt-see-it-coming/2099308/
    Psychic hit by car inside restaurant says he didn't see it coming
    Brian Taff reports during Action News at 4:30 p.m. on June 14, 2017. (WPVI)
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 06:30PM
    A man was able to walk away after a car slammed through a restaurant and pinned him against the wall.
    Surveillance video from inside the restaurant in Arizona shows the moment car came barreling through the window and directly hit Blair Robertson.
    Robertson is a psychic, but he says he didn't see this coming.
    "A lot of times we can't even read our own lives and that's just how it works," he said.
    Robertson was eating lunch with a friend at the time, who is also a psychic.
    Somehow both were able to walk away from the incident with minor injuries.
    At this time its unclear what caused the driver to slam into the restaurant.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Afternoon!
    Shopping day...and shopping was quick and relatively painless so, shopping day is not really a good excuse. Not sure where my day has gone! BUT I know where its going....heading off for a nap. :) Hot and humid out side today, like summer!!! :)

I saw the breaking news about the shooting in VA while watching the noon news...also I understand that the gunman asked it it was the Republican or Democratic team before he opened fire. I've enjoyed several good robust online debates this political season, but not to the point that I'd want to shoot somebody. Must have been one of the 'deplorables' Hillary mentioned. And a couple with Ted, who knows more than most about the political scene, yet never votes! Go figure. Jack on the other hand is impossible to argue with...he has his party and follows it like a lemming. That I do no understand.

My A/C was running when I woke this morning...and the thermometer is set at 77...so I'm guessing it never really cooled off overnight, or at least not enough. Its 88 degrees and bright sunny right now, so even though the thermostat is set at 80, the A/C is running a good bit. Again...its Summer!!!

Oh, FWIW, Ed, Publix is now taking Kroger coupons! Made me laugh, they saw a niche, and grabbed it! Good for them. I'm really thinking Kroger has shot themselves in the foot with this latest move. (no senior discount).

Ok, time for about an hours snooze and then clear my head and chat with Jack at 5. :)

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I fear for where things are going in this country and the rest of the world too.
    Shootings on both coasts. Second one was three shot dead at a UPS facility :(

That was a terrifying sight when I saw the Towering Inferno in London. From what I have read the recently installed cladding the was used in the refurb has a troubled history as regards fires.

Some people are like Ted, I know people that nothing would convince them not to vote for "Their" party. I like to decide based on a candidates merits. Not to go Political however there was a candidate that likely could have won the presidential election and Hillary was not that person.

I suspect that Kroger is betting on the customers inertia as far as switching stores.

It would also depend if Publix has the same pricing as Kroger.

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    REST IN PEACE, ARIEL.

It was a good 8 years but it's over. She was a sweet kitty.
    Hi Ed
    I am so sorry to hear that has happened, I know You are feeling very sad :(
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 69 out there with an expected high of 89 and 40% chance of rain. Woke up about 5:30 and knew I wasn't getting back to sleep.

Ariel was acting a bit unusually social yesterday morning, and I guess she was saying goodbye because she just sort of gave up in the afternoon and was mostly limp, refusing a second meal entirely, and it was clear that the tumor was finally causing her too much pain to go on. We let her go at a little before 7:00 last night at our vet. J will be getting a clay paw print for us to bake and she had a small quilt made by his mother with her name on it, so he'll have that as a keepsake too.

I just feel numb and empty.

Need to clean up more around the house today, as I've been letting that slip because she was so sloppy she'd just mess it up right away.

And cry some more.
    Sometimes it happens like that. The pain is overwhelming so...

I need to be brief as this is making me feel very sad :(
    Have a Good Day as Possible
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Well, I did get back to sleep for a while after making some mac and cheese for breakfast. Had odd dreams. So up at 5:30 or so, then back to sleep a bit after 7:00 until 8:30. Getting ready for tooth cleaning now.
  • parityanimal
    Cheese dreams and stranger things.

Woke up at about 5:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep right away, so made some mac and cheese for breakfast and just doodled around some.

Laid back down at about 7:00 and got a little more sleep.

I remember a few fragments. Driving while wearing nothing but a pair of headphones, accidentally overhearing a phone conversation (over the headphones) between a friend and his step-father, with the step-father berating him about getting a job, even though I knew that the son HAD a decent job so was wondering why the berating.

Then walking a bit with Jason, still wearing the headphones and nothing else and going past an apartment building seeing someone we knew, in the dream anyway, though I don't know who the person is/was in real life. This person was dragging a blonde lady out of his apartment, and she, in the dream, was a friend of ours. Then she was at our house, having received a new, bizarre haircut that basically left her with two layers of hair, the outer layer being just half an inch longer than the inner, and each layer being quite thin but somehow separated by some space. It actually looked pretty good, in the dream, but can't imagine maintenance of such a haircut.

Then walking around a college campus and trying to sneak through a building for some reason, and then resting in a professor's office, obviously having just been swimming, though I don't recall actually swimming in the dream, and a young Latino man, clearly a student, came in, apparently mistaking us for his advisor, and sobbing that NO ONE took the final in <mumble-mumble>, which sounded like some sort of math-science-engineering class and how was he to pass if he couldn't ask anyone what was on the final? Well, we didn't know, of course, but it didn't finally matter because suddenly we were...

Walking in an open air mall, with small shops and vendor carts. I noticed a store with large slices of bread stacked on a table just outside the door, and a sign advertising fresh bread for $0.59, though it wasn't clear how much bread you got for that $0.59 and the people in the store were making and selling ice cream sandwiches. Yes, on the fresh bread. Ice cream spread on a slice of bread ad topped with another slice of bread.

Next, we came to a bakery that had some lovely looking small cake loaves, some golden brown and some pink. A young lady was sitting at an outside table decorating some cakes with very lightly brushed on chocolate, just making small strokes here and there. She had some cookie sized samples and brushed a bit of chocolate on a pink one that she gave to us.

But before we had a chance to taste it I woke up.
  • GardenKatGardens
    It's Morning.
    I know Roger, it makes me sad too. But Ariels struggles are over. She had a good life, and two people who took good care of her. That's about as good as it gets, right?
    Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning
    Sun's out. Gonna be hot here today...and humid. Wow so lucky...and in June even. Couldn't wait for July/Aug.????
    Going out to take Missy O fabric shopping...this could be interesting. (In a good way). I think she's going to be overwhelmed when she sees the inside of a fabric store!!! She said she wanted to make a sweater for Buddy, (her late grandfathers little dog) well, not up to teaching her to knit right now...give her a year or two... but, in going thru my clothes I spied a bright red sweater that I could graciously part with. Taking that and will show her how to stitch around the pieces so that they do not ravel. etc. Ted found a web site for making dog coats, and yes also dog britches...that's a different story though. So we will have to take a few measurements, and cut the sweater, etc. Could be interesting...could be a train wreck! :) Time will tell.

So that is pretty much my day.
    Need to head to the kitchen and scout out some breakfast pretty soon.

Ed!!! Running around nekkid!!!! I think the idea of the ice cream on sliced bread is interesting. Sorta like a Ice Cream Sandwich, but not on chocolate graham crackers??? Or, sliced Ice Cream Cake if you used a sweet/dessert bread??? I wish you had slept just another 5 minutes so we knew how your pink sample tasted. Dreams can be a hoot!!!

Roger I hear you about the violence on both coasts...senseless. The one in Cali, over not wanting to work OT??? Good grief. Hardly a reason to kill your co-workers. As for the one in Alexandria...there are nut cases everywhere..this old guy was just not quite properly balanced maybe? OTOH, its not the first, and likely won't be the last 'political' murder, and its as old as recorded history. Not that I condone what happened mind you! This will sound awful, but in some ways I regret that the old guy was killed. Sometimes I would like to have those perp's had to stay around and face what they have done.

Ed, clean teeth!! Hope all goes well with your visit to the dentist this morning.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2017
    Here's the big bowl of potato salad (J's grandmother's recipe) that I made for him to start on tonight. He'll have several meals that include it, and maybe a snack or two, depending on how much he eats and how often.

I cooked two more boiled eggs than I needed for the potato salad, on purpose, and turned those into deviled eggs for him, so his dinner was deviled eggs and Granny's potato salad. I don't have her deviled egg recipe but I didn't find hers, when I had them, to be much different from mine, and so never asked. Comfort food at its best!

I finished off this morning's mac and cheese with a jalapeño angus cheeseburger. Mac and cheese is a comfort food for me. Didn't have the ingredients on hand to make Mom's meatloaf, which is another great comfort food.

20170615_175653_zpsluqb8cep.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 67 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 20% chance of rain.

We had a nice little storm run through last night and the power was even off for a moment, but came back on after less than a minute. This was good since my burger had just started cooking! J's potato salad and deviled eggs were already made up and I suppose I cold have eaten my mac and cheese cold, but it was, I'm sure, much better warmed up in the microwave.

Today some laundry probably and might get more housework done if I don't feel too lazy.

Has anyone heard from Leemom? She's been missing from this board for ages....