Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy, y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

73 out there now with an expected high of 78 and 80% chance of rain.

Not much on the agenda today. I do need to fold the last of the laundry though.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked 6161 Steps AKA 2.79 miles according to the FitBit + 3 Cents during today's walk according to the fitbit :)
    The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch with slowly lowering humidity. The weatherman was predicting rain and Thunderstorms for NJ Yesterday, nailed it :( There was .60 inches of rain nearby me and well over 3 inches in parts of NJ.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/338518-five-things-to-watch-for-in-georgias-special-election
    Five things to watch for in Georgia's special election
    ALPHARETTA, Ga. — Months of attacks and tens of millions of dollars have led up to Tuesday’s special election in Georgia, where Democrats are looking for their first major election victory of the Trump era.

President Trump’s shadow has loomed large over the race. The Democratic push to frame a victory for Jon Ossoff as proof of a growing anti-Trump wave has nationalized the race. All that attention has drawn almost $60 million of spending from both sides — a record for a House race — into the suburban Atlanta district.

But as Democrats angle for an upset, Republicans in Georgia and across the country have fallen in line around their own candidate, Karen Handel. The GOP knows losing a red seat would be disastrous for their agenda, but they are just as aware that a Democratic loss would deal a heavy blow to the opposition’s momentum.

Polls open in Georgia at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Here are five things to watch as results roll in from the 6th District.

Will the huge turnout trend continue?
    Will GOP strongholds and white women save Handel?
    Can Ossoff flip Republican moderates and turn out black voters?
    Can Democrats keep outperforming Clinton?

While Democrats have failed to flip any Republican seats in special elections this year, they have seen one promising trend — candidates keep outperforming Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s 2016 margins.
    What does the vote mean for Trump’s agenda?
    Hmm, Details if interested by following the Link.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Monday Morning!
    Stupid but necessary foot, decided Saturday night to start hurting again!?!?! Its on the inside of my ankle, but the hurting is more like when I had plantar fasciitis...heel hurt like blazes first few steps after sitting or getting out of bed, but then the pain went away. I may have to do a bit of investigation...I know where the tendon is that has been giving me issues. He showed me. I don't have a name for it, and I wonder if plantar fasciitis is only in your heel. Anyhow, I'm sitting here with my foot in a bucked of epsom salts & cold water....

I think I will make a grocery run to either Publix or Aldi. Aldi has a granola that I like, is not very sweet, and low fat, at a nice price....they also have berries on sale. BUT, I also need banana's. And after trying Aldi's bananas several times, with the same results, no more! They are refrigerating them I think....they never turn yellow...just an icky yellowish gray green, and then within 48 hours they start getting mushy. Like I said, no more. SO, I'm guessing Publix AND Aldi's???

Need to clean the grill, as I didn't go back and finish that little chore yesterday after eating. :(

I think there is at least one load of clothes to wash, and a tiny bit of sewing. (old gym pants I cut off at the knee, because it has no pockets. So today I'm going to add one back pocket...sized to hold my phone! (in case I take another try at flinging myself at the ground and not missing.) If I miss, it means I've learned how to fly, right???? LOL! Yeah, I read all his books.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I hope the bucket of Epsom salts helps.

That is exactly what it sounds like :) I put my Bananas in the Refrigerator and that is the color they turn too, However I pull them out a little bit ahead of when I want them to warm up and then they are good to go. The skin never turns the proper color, however they ripen inside OK.
    I hate Mushy Bananas too.

Oh darn, I forgot to clean my grill too, Thanks for reminding me, I think :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy, y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

73 out there now with an expected high of 78 and 80% chance of rain.

Not much on the agenda today. I do need to fold the last of the laundry though.
    Hi Ed
    It is such a much nicer day outside today. I walked to the border of the next town and during that jaunt The Brook was well over its banks, No surprise BTW.

Stay Dry, No rain in our forecast, a chance of T-Storms Wednesday and then Thursday is supposed to be the Pick of the week.

Anybody trying movie stunts is at best gullible.

Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Wow. Lucky You to still have a Drive in theater in Atlanta :)
    The closest one in NJ is quite a ways off.
    Starlight 6 Drive-in
    2000 Moreland Avenue SE
    Atlanta, GA 30316

Phone : 404-627-5786
    Facebook: ???
    Opened: 1949
    Closed: open
    Screens: 6
    Car Capacity: 900
    Open Year Round: ???
    Outside Food: ???
    Digital: ???
    Admission Price: $9.00
    Pets Allowed: ???
    Cash Only: ???
    Sound: ???
    Food Permit: ???
    Alcohol: ???
    About Starlight 6 Drive-in
    The Starlight opened in 1949 as a solo screen drive-in. In 1956, it added a second screen and changed it's named to the Starlight Twin. Then amid growing competition from multiplexes, the Starlight added another 4 screens in 1982 to become the Starlight 6 we know today. The Starlight drive-in is open 7 nights a week, year round. In 1998 the Starlight Drive-in became the last drive-in left in Atlanta. They continue to modernize and in 2013 the Starlight upgraded to digital projectors.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Tues. Chiro day, very happy about that. Everything needs adjusting from my neck to my knees! I think, no, I Know it has to do with my foot and its brace. Pat will fix it :)

Movie type stunts done on TV used to come with a warning...like "kids don't try this at home", now we know, it should have included adults too!!! LOL
    That last cartoon...what appears to be shelves stacked with fireworks packages, or sweet treats, etc...I finally 'saw' the boots...but it took a LONG time for the face to appear, and I didn't try very hard to locate the rest of the body. Time's short this morning.

I've already cooked a pot of pinto beans, just for general use. Part to freeze for the next time I want pinto beans, and part to add to salads, or with rice, etc. Need to get those beans portioned out...and I think Ed and I must be sharing that load of clothes seems to be there are more loads to fold, than loads washed...

Got my shopping done yesterday during the 'dry time'...rain came later. And today looks like a pretty much day long rain event.

Yes, Roger....I think we know about today's election. You can't watch TV for more than 15 minutes without commercials for both of them. I'm don't live in the 6th District...wish I did. After suffering thru all this for weeks and weeks, I feel like I deserve to get to vote! :)

Oh, and about that Drive In Movie...nope! Moreland Ave is not a very safe place to be...unless you want a movie with a side of robbery, or the excitement of an ambulance ride. Just kidding, sorta.......

Ok, time to deal with the beans.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Drove to Decatur, and back...no rain! I was the lucky one. DS2 sent me text about Severe Weather Alert. I think it was because of the flash flood warnings. But he did say, after i questioned him, that they were having rain in town.
    Before it starts here I'm running outside to look at my house....
    later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    PS to above.... It did rain! 3 inches in my rain gauge, and still some light rain... but it was a 'civil' rain...meaning not a lot of rumbling, and no loud bangs...good kind of 'sleeping rain'. :) And yes, I did. Short nap anyway.
    I can't see anything amiss with the house...making me wonder if a bird flew into a window maybe?
    Ok, time to think about dinner. (steamed cauliflower in the refrigerator, and a potato waiting to get nuked for about 6 minutes...all will get my fav. Vegan Pimento Cheeze Sauce!
    15 more minutes to vote, and then I intend to turn off the TV and wait until I wake tomorrow. Wellll, that may be a pipe dream. Going into this they said Ossoff only had a 0.1% lead....and a lot of blah, blah, blah...GA State Law, allows for a recount if the ballot counts are close, and its FREE to recount. GA pays for it. (meaning you and me Ed, and we didn't even get to vote!)...
    As for as that list of 'if's'....I'm going to bet that the rain put a damper on the turnout. There was a huge early voter turn out though. Republican white women...I can't believe they said that! It could happen...but the peeps in district 6 are well educated...maybe they'll remember some of the stuff she pulled while in office here. The district IS very white. Not a large percentage of black votes to be had. Such is politics and drawing up of voter districts.
    Ok, watching the national news and then eating my white dinner with orange sauce! LOL!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    aT42nT.jpg

V8tEAY.jpg

cAcjTG.jpg

5MsI4e.jpg

3xDjTb.gif

8s4mDu.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 6400 Steps AKA 2.87 miles according to the FitBit + 2Cents during today's walk :)
    The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch with lowering humidity.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Tues. Chiro day, very happy about that. Everything needs adjusting from my neck to my knees! I think, no, I Know it has to do with my foot and its brace. Pat will fix it :)

Movie type stunts done on TV used to come with a warning...like "kids don't try this at home", now we know, it should have included adults too!!! LOL
    That last cartoon...what appears to be shelves stacked with fireworks packages, or sweet treats, etc...I finally 'saw' the boots...but it took a LONG time for the face to appear, and I didn't try very hard to locate the rest of the body. Time's short this morning.

I've already cooked a pot of pinto beans, just for general use. Part to freeze for the next time I want pinto beans, and part to add to salads, or with rice, etc. Need to get those beans portioned out...and I think Ed and I must be sharing that load of clothes seems to be there are more loads to fold, than loads washed...

Got my shopping done yesterday during the 'dry time'...rain came later. And today looks like a pretty much day long rain event.

Yes, Roger....I think we know about today's election. You can't watch TV for more than 15 minutes without commercials for both of them. I'm don't live in the 6th District...wish I did. After suffering thru all this for weeks and weeks, I feel like I deserve to get to vote! :)

Oh, and about that Drive In Movie...nope! Moreland Ave is not a very safe place to be...unless you want a movie with a side of robbery, or the excitement of an ambulance ride. Just kidding, sorta.......

Ok, time to deal with the beans.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Right now I'm feeling stupid after having blown away a reply to these :(

It took me a while to spot the shoes too, I looked and looked after my brother sent it to me :)

I hate pre election commercials, the lies and smears. Do they really work? The Democrats outspent the Republicans and look at the results...
    If the advertisements worked all the out of state money donated to the Democratic candidate would have resulted in a win. I believe I saw a 5 point victory where once again the pre-election polls got it wrong :)

Moreland Ave. is the sort of thing someone like me from out of the area would not know...
    PS to above.... It did rain! 3 inches in my rain gauge, and still some light rain... but it was a 'civil' rain...meaning not a lot of rumbling, and no loud bangs...good kind of 'sleeping rain'. :) And yes, I did. Short nap anyway.
    I can't see anything amiss with the house...making me wonder if a bird flew into a window maybe?
    Ok, time to think about dinner. (steamed cauliflower in the refrigerator, and a potato waiting to get nuked for about 6 minutes...all will get my fav. Vegan Pimento Cheeze Sauce!
    15 more minutes to vote, and then I intend to turn off the TV and wait until I wake tomorrow. Wellll, that may be a pipe dream. Going into this they said Ossoff only had a 0.1% lead....and a lot of blah, blah, blah...GA State Law, allows for a recount if the ballot counts are close, and its FREE to recount. GA pays for it. (meaning you and me Ed, and we didn't even get to vote!)...
    As for as that list of 'if's'....I'm going to bet that the rain put a damper on the turnout. There was a huge early voter turn out though. Republican white women...I can't believe they said that! It could happen...but the peeps in district 6 are well educated...maybe they'll remember some of the stuff she pulled while in office here. The district IS very white. Not a large percentage of black votes to be had. Such is politics and drawing up of voter districts.
    Ok, watching the national news and then eating my white dinner with orange sauce! LOL!!

Later...

Three inches is a start on filling the reservoir(s)

I can be sitting in the Living Room and I have seen many Bumblebees fly into the window as well as more than one bird, Result one loud thump so I suspect You could be right. It seems to be happening since we had the energy saving window installed to replace the failed picture window.

I am curious to see Your take on the election.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Ed
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    Can we have a 'do-over' on that election? :) I'm quite sure they got it wrong.....The best thing though is we don't have to watch those really worn out commercials. After you've seen them 220+ times ....
    I don't live in District 6, so I really had no pony in that race, except to get a seat in the 'arena'..

Heading out to do the Wednesday Grocery Dance! List is made, I just need to get Tom in here to eat, and get myself dressed...
    List isn't too long, should be a fairly easy day??? umm dare I say that BEFORE I leave home? :)

2 cents today, and several times recently you've found money. Seemed to be a long 'dry' spell though for awhile. :) Do you keep track of your found money Roger? I had a neighbor once who did her annual 'take' wasn't huge, but it was interesting.

The cartoons were super today. I had one of those dogs with 'selective hearing'...little witch would start to come, then sit in the middle of the yard with her back to me, and turn her head and look at me over her shoulder!!!! Oh, yes she did..... I loved the ice cube meal! I don't fit into all of those slots, just most of them!!!! :)

I need to go back and look for Ed's post....I must have missed it. Or, Lilo is letting him sleep in?

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good Wednesday Morning!
    Can we have a 'do-over' on that election? :) I'm quite sure they got it wrong.....The best thing though is we don't have to watch those really worn out commercials. After you've seen them 220+ times ....
    I don't live in District 6, so I really had no pony in that race, except to get a seat in the 'arena'..

Heading out to do the Wednesday Grocery Dance! List is made, I just need to get Tom in here to eat, and get myself dressed...
    List isn't too long, should be a fairly easy day??? umm dare I say that BEFORE I leave home? :)

2 cents today, and several times recently you've found money. Seemed to be a long 'dry' spell though for awhile. :) Do you keep track of your found money Roger? I had a neighbor once who did her annual 'take' wasn't huge, but it was interesting.

The cartoons were super today. I had one of those dogs with 'selective hearing'...little witch would start to come, then sit in the middle of the yard with her back to me, and turn her head and look at me over her shoulder!!!! Oh, yes she did..... I loved the ice cube meal! I don't fit into all of those slots, just most of them!!!! :)

I need to go back and look for Ed's post....I must have missed it. Or, Lilo is letting him sleep in?

Later...

Hi Valerie
    To late for a Do Over :)

I do indeed keep track of the money I find. I list it next to that dates morning weight. You remember correctly I did have a dry spell of finding nothing.

I loved the one with the healthy meal :)

I did not see one, I wonder if he stayed up watching election results?

Good Luck with the grocery shopping
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

It's 75 out there now, with an expected high of only 77 and 40% chance of afternoon/evening showers.

I've been up for hours but very distracted by various things. I finally did get that laundry folded and the dishes washed, except for Lilo's breakfast bowl, which is going into the dishwasher to wait, very shortly.

One tooth is bothering me a lot so back to the dentist. I suspect a bit of gingivitis but we'll see...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed...
    So sorry about your tooth. Hope they can help without needing you to sacrifice a leg and an arm.

Shopping went well, I took my umbrella with me everywhere, and it didn't rain!!! Everything's now put away, and the IP just indicated the rice was cooked...making some Aloo Gobi ( potato and cauliflower in a curry sauce) for dinner, and plan to put it over the rice. For right now, I have a salad to eat, and a nap to take before my Wednesday Chat with Jack (DS1).

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, I guess I won't be eating lunch today...the dentist re-did one of the recent fillings and so I'm numb. If my blood sugar demands it I'll somehow eat something soft, like mac and cheese, or stroganoff but I'm thinking probably no lunch.

But she didn't charge me anything since she isn't sure she didn't cause the problem by possibly cracking the filling while installing a crown previously. :)

Right now sipping water carefully with a straw.
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Video is cute Ed....and what they were eating IS good! Not my food anymore, but I remember delicious!!

So glad you were able to get into see your Dentist, and that she ? was able to fix it and you still have all your limbs!!! As the numb wears off can be un-fun. Hope you were able to sleep thru most of it. If you didn't eat lunch, and you're face has feeling, I'll bet you dinner will be delicious! :)
    Take care you don't bite your own mouth. Doesn't feel good, and a tad embarrassing to boot.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I managed to NOT bite my mouth this time around. Usually I end up biting it while I'm numb, which makes it fun when it wakes up and fun for several days afterward!

I did have some mac and cheese for lunch, very carefully eaten, and then made some more for dinner. The places where she put the shots in, as well as the gum that was already irritated, are aching now but hopefully will get better soon.

• parityanimal
    edited June 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Today I get to go to the doctor for my physical. It's really just a "fill in" as I haven't had one for several years, but there are a FEW things my endocrinologist does not check or monitor.

Still need to make an appointment for the ophthalmologist too, as I'm overdue on that.

Nothing else is firm on today's agenda.

69, looking for a high of 80, with 90% chance of thunderstorms. Sigh...