Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2017
    Good Morning! TGIF!!
    I just watched the Tech. video...impressive...and long! LOL! Some of it is now hilarious. :) Ed you and Roger are both very technology savvy, how many of those things have you had in your past? I can account for quite a few...partly because I'm older (for the early stuff) and because the boys had a lot of it after about mid 70's. I think Jack lived at Radio Shack! :)

Not much on my agenda today! Yes, there are things to do, don't worry I won't be bored!

Had a great time with Olivia yesterday. Talk about a kid in the candy shop! She loved EVERYTHING at Jo Ann's Fabrics. Started out on a sorta rocky note. We, her Mom, myself and O were talking about what we were going to get/look at, and all of a sudden there was a flood of tears...I'd asked her if she'd ever been to a fabric store..... Well, she had, with GrandMommy! Her Grandfathers wife, on her Mom's side. That woman had a way with kids, loved to sew, made little summery dresses and tops for O to wear, doll clothes, etc for O. She and GrandDaddy died 4 years ago, within 3 weeks of each other. Poor Livy. I wasn't sure how she'd react once we got to Jo Anne's. We spent well over 2 hours there! And no tears. Poor kid.

Inch and a half of rain yesterday, but no bad storms. That was the first thing out of Jenn's mouth when we got back...tornado in Cobb county!!! Little ears picked up and she was ready to head to the basement...but it was all north of us, so no worries.

Ok, I think I may be getting hungry...thinking breakfast might be nice.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Wow Sonny and Cher music in it.
    I had a 8 track in the car and in the home... I found some old 8 tracks in the basement this year too. Slide Projector, Ditto, Polaroid? of course Most of the items in that video I had in form or another or used at work.
    I used to hang at Radio Shack too, Partly because I had studied Electronics back during the transitional time between Tube and Transistor technology. I built my first Amplifier from parts I scrounged up.
    I still have a Old AM/SW with a 78RPM Record Changer/Recorder Console in the attic :)

I wondered about the Tornado :)

Are the reservoirs still low what with all the rain You have had recently?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Well Eddie has been on a roll! The Zen Penguin Room is DONE! Looks really good too. That's the cleanest that floor has been in a long time, as Ariel, even before she got sick, tended to be messy and, being a large cat, often had poor aim and hit the floor as much, if not more, than the litter box. After she got sick, it was impossible to keep up, and she always scratched litter every which way, to excess, and a lot of that got scratched out to the floor too. All cleaned up now. Lilo doesn't do that and hopefully any new cat(s) won't either, so Eddie's job won't be so hard.

The kitchen has also been mopped and the "hallway" in front of the piano, leading to the Zen Penguin room. It's not really a hallway, because it's all in the large living room, but the piano, backed up to the sofa, makes a very effective room divider, making the piano seem like it's in its own little hall in front of the fireplace.

Kind of pondering lunch now...though it's a bit early.

Had ham and eggs for breakfast, of course...LOL.

• RogerToo
    Hi Ed
    It does sound as if You have been Busy :)
  • RogerToo
    I found this to be interesting :)
    From Here
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/06/22/oh-my-jon-ossoff-received-fewer-votes-than-the-2016-ga06-candidatewho-spent-zero-n2345099?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=
    Oh My: Jon Ossoff Received Fewer Votes Than The 2016 GA-06 Candidate...Who Spent Zero Dollars
    Christine Rousselle Posted: Jun 22, 2017 2:20 PM

Here's some more embarrassing stats for Jon Ossoff, the loser in Tuesday's special election in Georgia's 6th district: despite the fact that this was the most expensive House election of all time, he received fewer votes than Rodney Stooksbury, the Democrat who ran for the seat in November 2016.

And how much did Stooksbury spend? Zero dollars.

The vote totals were pointed out by the Atlanta Journal-Constitutions's Kyle Wingfield. Ossoff received 24 fewer votes than Stooksbury, despite the clear monetary advantage.

Nov. 2016: Rodney Stooksbury (D) spends $0, wins 124,917 votes in #GA6

June 2017: Jon Ossoff (D) spends $23M+, wins 124,893.
    — Kyle Wingfield AJC (@kwingfieldajc) June 21, 2017

Here's some more embarrassing stats for Jon Ossoff, the loser in Tuesday's special election in Georgia's 6th district: despite the fact that this was the most expensive House election of all time, he received fewer votes than Rodney Stooksbury, the Democrat who ran for the seat in November 2016.

And how much did Stooksbury spend? Zero dollars.

The vote totals were pointed out by the Atlanta Journal-Constitutions's Kyle Wingfield. Ossoff received 24 fewer votes than Stooksbury, despite the clear monetary advantage.

Nov. 2016: Rodney Stooksbury (D) spends $0, wins 124,917 votes in #GA6

June 2017: Jon Ossoff (D) spends $23M+, wins 124,893.
    — Kyle Wingfield AJC (@kwingfieldajc) June 21, 2017
  • RogerToo
    wYDwlC.jpg
    Three based on something said by someone :)

pKXfQb.jpg

XGPoQg.jpg
  • RogerToo
    eOTc84.jpg

AwLaJK.jpg

QoPY9a.jpg

mu8fyO.jpg

bXrwD9.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I decided not to go walking for several reasons . I Had a poor nights sleep as I kept having my sleep interrupted by waves of rain hitting the window AC. Then when I did get up I turned on the local Cable news Channel and the weather radar is showing heavy rain headed my way. Not to far south there is a Tornado warning and the weatherman was saying the the radar is showing the classic hook shape indicating a tornado could be on the ground. Just now the radio is saying that the radar is looking better so that the warning has been cancelled. However High winds with winds up to 70 MPH are indicated.

The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch with rain.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

72 out there now with an expected high of 81 and 50% chance of showers.

Another pan of baked beans going in the oven. And a pool party at a different friend's house today. I like these parties but have to say that they use up a whole lot of beans!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...Drippy Saturday....
    I'm getting my 50% already this morning Ed. But it ends late this afternoon, and we should have dry days for a whole week! I just hope today isn't our last rain til fall, like last summer.
    Ted and I decided to nix going to Whole Foods 'The Roast'...not much good said about it online. Will give them some extra time to get the 'kinks' worked out. only 2 Vegetarian items...one, Charred Tofu, the other what looks like half a head of cauliflower and greens and grains in a bowl...chances are I can do that just as well at home. :). (I know I can 'char' food for sure)

Roger sorry you walk got rained out, but I'm sure your body welcomes a day off! A little rest is good for all of us.
    Nice Cartoons...loved the little dino's watching the Ark drift away.."Oh Crap, was that today?" I know that feeling!

Coffee cup almost empty, and I suspect Tom E. is on the porch waiting for his breakfast....
    Later...
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Well, I got a little too much sun at the party, but it was a good party. As always, plenty of food.

And we have a few (but not many) baked beans left. Some people thought the weather was going to be bad and decided not to come, but it turned out to be a great afternoon!

Going to bed soon.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

On the agenda today, possibly, adopting another cat...J wanted to look at PetCo last night, even though it was long past hours when the adoption room was open, because he really misses Ariel terribly and wants another cat, not to replace her, but to make its own place in his heart.

And I need to clear the sink and maybe do laundry, but laundry is not critical. Yet. :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking today and I will be going out shortly to do the mowing which should give me my exercise for the day. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch with a decent humidity level.

Have a Really Good Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ni7M96.gif

7JDDzr.jpg

eMWqmv.jpg

2mcozG.jpg

WN2Spg.jpg

ww6nGX.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...Drippy Saturday....
    I'm getting my 50% already this morning Ed. But it ends late this afternoon, and we should have dry days for a whole week! I just hope today isn't our last rain til fall, like last summer.
    Ted and I decided to nix going to Whole Foods 'The Roast'...not much good said about it online. Will give them some extra time to get the 'kinks' worked out. only 2 Vegetarian items...one, Charred Tofu, the other what looks like half a head of cauliflower and greens and grains in a bowl...chances are I can do that just as well at home. :). (I know I can 'char' food for sure)

Roger sorry you walk got rained out, but I'm sure your body welcomes a day off! A little rest is good for all of us.
    Nice Cartoons...loved the little dino's watching the Ark drift away.."Oh Crap, was that today?" I know that feeling!

Coffee cup almost empty, and I suspect Tom E. is on the porch waiting for his breakfast....
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hopefully You will gt enough rain this summer :)

Not worth the trip and purchase if it had poor reviews. Just curious how You knew they only had 2 Vegetarian dishes without going ??

You would think the day off on Saturday would help, Oh well, Maybe if I had slept better last night :)
    Tomorrow is a D Day, Doctors visit with fasting. That will throw my entire morning off. Normally I get up, drink a protein shake, walk, have a banana on the return home and then later Breakfast. I am thinking of not going walking ahead of the Doctors visit sine my plan is to walk up there and then get coffee for the return leg as well as looking at the Fruits in the nearby Produce store and Grocery Store. Since that is the plan I will take the back pack when I head out.

There may have been a Tornado in south Jersey, It sure looked like one in the cellphone video that was shown on the news. It had not been confirmed by the National Weather Service as of last night however.

The News reports are full of IMO poor grammar. As an example yesterday in NYC there was a drive by shooting where the driver and the passenger were both hit. The news report said "The Driver Somehow managed to drive to the Police Precinct". It would have made just as much sense if they had said that "The Driver managed to drive to the Police Precinct". IMO the Somehow was completely redundant :(

I'm glad You liked the humor :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

On the agenda today, possibly, adopting another cat...J wanted to look at PetCo last night, even though it was long past hours when the adoption room was open, because he really misses Ariel terribly and wants another cat, not to replace her, but to make its own place in his heart.

And I need to clear the sink and maybe do laundry, but laundry is not critical. Yet. :)
    Hi Ed
    Laundry, Don't remind me :)
    The basket is full of colors including the last of the sweatshirts I wear during the winter. I want to get them clean before hanging them in the closet. The Hoodie is already washed and hanging. I can go another day or three with the laundry as it is a large capacity top loader, However why make it work too hard?

Good Luck with the Cat search
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    How to tell it is going to be a Rotten Day
    You wake up face down on the pavement

Your Birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles
  • RogerToo
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/policeunhappy-customers-beat-restaurant-owner-daughter-over-order/539044703
    BAXLEY, Ga. - Police are hoping surveillance video that captured a violent attack will help them find the people responsible.

Video obtained by Channel 2 Action News shows a restaurant owner and her teenage daughter beaten by two customers. It happened Thursday afternoon in Baxley, Georgia.

The victims told police the suspects were unhappy with their order. The verbal argument turned violent when one of the suspects began punching the restaurant owner repeatedly.

When the victim’s teenage daughter came out of the car to break up the fight, the male suspect punched her in the face.
    axley police have issued warrants for the suspects, Nathaniel Smith and Latasha Smith, according to our ABC affiliate in Savannah WJCL. The pair could be charged with aggravated battery and cruelty to children.

The suspects drove away from the restaurant in a cream or tan Cadillac Escalade with tag number REU8495. Officials say they headed north on Highway 144.

Anyone with any information is asked to call the Baxley Police Department at 912-367-8305 or the 911 call center at 912-367-8111.

Is that a bad area ?
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Supposed to not rain for a few days!!!! Roger, Yes, we still need rain, lake still below full pool by about 6 ft, is what I read this morning...It may get better, as the rain that happened in the reservoir basin drains down to the lake... But. we do still need rain.
    I had to look up Baxley GA Roger....its about 3.5 hour drive SSE of where I live. Its way south in Vidalia Onion growing area!

I think I'm heading for the shower, then something to eat, and grocery run for 2 or 3 ears corn to grill this evening. Oh, and either raspberries or black berries too.

Ed, would J be willing to at least look at the cats at the Gwinnett animal shelter? Its 'cat' month and I think adoption fees have been reduced to $30. I know it would be a long ride over there, but..it may save a kitty from being killed. Ben and I went there after his beautiful 'Miss Sage' left us. Long story, bad flea dip at a chainstore pet place...neurotoxin, bad from the get go.
    Just a thought. The cat he adopted was a beautiful short haired black all over with green eyes. It was late fall when we went, the Fulton county Humane shelter only had 3 kittens! I'm sure that all the shelters now have a wealth of meowing fur babies and adult cats as well.

So, my leftover time today will also be spent outdoors with trimmers, clippers, tip bag, and gloves!!! :) Plants and shrubs should be feeling anxious today :)

Later...
    Loved the idea of my BD cake collapsing from the weight of the candles!!!! I should live so long!