Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Fishing Humor to start with

gnzuhu.jpg

tSEjw1.jpg

0bhMzW.jpg
    That doesn't work I suspect no matter how fervently You say it

sDBQSN.gif

wxhzyS.jpg

tCBCYP.jpg

VeBrLW.jpg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Not feeling so sensational here, with a great big Ariel sized hole in our hearts but somehow we'll muddle through. My primal screams in the kitchen this morning didn't shatter any of the glassware so I guess they weren't TOO loud.

Lilo got me up about quarter after seven but I've been distracted by folding laundry from yesterday, eating breakfast, feeding Lilo, crying, screaming, talking to Jason and making the baked beans for the pool party that I don't really feel like going to.

I don't want to be home, but don't really want to be anywhere else either. If there were a way to cease to be, temporarily, until the pain fades, that would be great but there's not and the permanent solution on that is unthinkable. I'll go hours and be just fine and then something triggers.

Time will make it easier. I keep telling myself that. Being with people today should help for a while. People who didn't know Ariel and won't remind me of Ariel. If we hadn't promised to go we probably wouldn't so it's just as well we did promise.

J took Thursday and Friday off work to try to begin coping.

78 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of rain.

As for the baked beans, here's the line up, plus bell peppers, onion, jalapeños, garlic, black pepper, smoke seasoning, ginger, brown sugar, and tomato paste:

Hi Ed
    It will pass, it is no easier than losing any other family member...

I still wake up with regrets for oversights that happened years ago, however I will go on as will You I am sure.
    Lilo, being the only cat in the house, is definitely getting more attention now. I don't know how much she misses Ariel, but Lilo is getting more attention. And I think she knows that I'm upset as she's being more attentive to me too. I need to get showered for this pool party and go and try to have a good time.

My stripping the bed wasn't extra work, as it needed it anyway. Lilo is loved and she knows it. She helped raise Ariel when we brought Ariel home as a kitten.
    Not a surprise...
    Roger, please tell us you did not eat that piece of cake! It looks fabulous, and I'd have certainly loved a bite of it, well, OK, I'd have probably loved the whole piece but a bite would be all I would need to eat...

J is getting in the shower now. Off to the party shortly.
    I did not eat it :) I posted the picture to show the temptation I dodged.

It looked so good as a while cake in the display case where I could see nuts under the frosting around the outside...
    We had a good time at the pool party and were able to mostly just live for a few hours. Another one next weekend, and then another the following weekend! Busy summer...

They ate pretty much ALL of the baked beans. I have become the official bean baker.
    Congratulations on that achievement
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Lilo is helping me report that it's 71 out there now with an expected high of 84 and 80% chance of showers. Sounds like a wet day. We got our 20% yesterday as we got home from the pool party.

I've had my breakfast and Lilo has been served.

Maybe a little laundry today.
    On the good side You dodged the rain at the pool party.

Currently it is a damp, dreary & humid Fathers Day out the window :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Irish people try "do it yourself" toiletries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGSHPjRSJWA
  • RogerToo
    Hi! Saturday!
    4p. 89 degrees, sunny, little breeze, and 45% humidity...all in all just to walk around the yard picking up sticks, and trying to grab my britches (weight of my cell phone was trying to undress me!!! (that was interesting!! and certainly grabbed my attention)

I hope the pool party is going well for both J and Ed. Sounds like Ariel is holding up well which is good! I just can't get my memories of poor old Tom E.

Binge listening to a Lifestyle Seminar...I didn't listen during the week, but have Sat. and Sun to listen to the speakers I'm wanting to hear.
    Also making up my homemade mosquito spray...I love this stuff...its a bottle of very large and cheap bottle of blue mouthwash, several (3) cups of Epsom Salt, and 3 cans of the cheapest beer you can find...Those three things, mixed so the Epsom Salt dissolves...then spray in areas where you might sit outside, or where you know the mosquitoes are...it holds up for about 80 days! And it does not kill the mosquitoes or other bugs, but the smell confuses the mosquitoes and they don't land on you. Its weird. and the mosquitoes do leave the area after a few hungry days. So, cheap, easy, and doesn't totally kill the environment.

Ok, now to get the sprayer filled, a different pair of shorts, and go confuse the mosquitoes!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I bet that would work well in a Flit Gun, Remember those :)

I have had weight in the pockets do that to me too when the clothes were starting to get loose :)

Now if there was a cheap easy to make spray for Ivy...

It sounds as if You and Ed have better weather than I

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    The Batman window pop-out guest stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_CM3tvkys
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi..Sunday!
    I am going to be really brief..I saw that Roger walked 29 steps, but haven't read the articles, almost afraid to. So much awfulness going on out there.
    Need to get dressed in something at least semi decent, and make a quick Kroger run...I'm grilling today...yep, I may get wet doing it, but I want grilled corn on the cob...no excuses.

I didn't get any rain yesterday Ed....lots of grumbling and rumbling in the sky, but not a drop. Which is ok, as I'd gotten a tad over 2 inches on Fri, and because I'd sprayed the yard, and wanted it to be good and dry before the next rain.

Back Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey! I had my grilled corn on the cob with grilled onions, squash..yellow crookneck and zucchini, and orange and yellow peppers.
    Laugh of the day My groceries..
    6 ears corn, one head cauliflower, 3 colored peppers. Total cost $4.06!!! I think I won shopper of the week! :)
    Got everything cooked and did not get rained on. It did rain like the dickens while I was in Kroger, but quit as I came out! Sheer luck!!!

Roger I so do remember the Flit sprayer! YIKES. Mother would spray us (my brother and self) before we would go blackberry picking. Flit was DDT!! Glad both my boys arrived 'normal'. OTOH, I think a lot of people used Flit in the house to kill flies and other assorted bugs. Nobody knew how dangerous that stuff was. But, yes, you 'could' use a Flit sprayer. I used a garden sprayer holds about 2liters fluid, and has a pump to pressurize the sprayer. Works for me! AND I have two of them...one for herbicides and one for things like harmless mosquito spray.

Loved seeing the various Cat cartoons. I enjoyed also the gifs of the jumping cats!

Ok, its about time to get my stuff together, and head toward bed. You know, prep the coffee maker, go back to the kitchen because I forgot my night glass of water, check again to make sure I closed the garage door, and turned on the alarm system, etc. OOPs. where's my phone, etc...getting ready for bed can take 5 minutes or 20..depending.......:)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 60% chance of rain.

Need to fold some laundry from yesterday and get some more done perhaps. Also need to get out to the store.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    vbE9gy.jpg
    Radio Control Model OOPs

NRudpR.jpg

gwQV3N.jpg

syPSKi.jpg

wC1w4j.jpg

TJtw6T.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    I walked 4230 Steps during today's walk according to the fitbit :)
    The temperature this morning was 78 on the news channel and 76 degrees on the front porch with 100% humidity. The weatherman is predicting rain and Thunderstorms for NJ once again :(

Today I was better with the allergies walking, OTOH I was suffering from a case of terminal sweat :)
    A Shower is in my near future while my brother goes and gets his hair shortened AKA a Haircut.

I am guessing that Sundays rain cleared the air for this mornings walk.

I hope the Severe Thunderstorms in the forecast for later today are not too bad.

Thankfully as of this morning I am back within my 5 pound comfort range after Fridays Caloric Overload :)
    Still a bit more to get back to where I was Friday morning, however a am guessing that a couple more 100% days will do the job.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-whole-foods-m-a-workers-idUSKBN1972VI
    Technology News | Fri Jun 16, 2017 | 6:35pm EDT
    For Whole Foods workers, fears of robots, drones and culture clash
    The merger that shook food and retail stocks on Friday - Amazon.com Inc's proposed deal to buy Whole Foods Market Inc - rattled some employees of the upscale grocery chain who expressed fears ranging from layoffs to the loss of their laid-back corporate culture.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2017/06/17/drive--movies-thrive-streaming-world/102665316/
    Drive-in movies thrive in a streaming world
    Melanie D.G. Kaplan, USA TODAY Go Escape magazine 8:04 a.m. ET June 17, 2017
    Last year, while visiting national parks in Colorado, I happened upon a real treat: Star Drive In, an outdoor theater that opened in 1955 in the southern part of the state. But my delight didn’t end there.

Next door, I found the Best Western Movie Manor Motel, where you can look out a big window and watch the Star’s outdoor screen … from your bed! Each room is named for a movie star. Booking a night at the motel was a no-brainer. I checked into my no-frills Mel Gibson room and crawled into bed for the feature.

According to Wheeler Winston Dixon, a film expert at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the first drive-ins appeared in 1933 in Camden, N.J. They hit their peak midcentury with about 4,000 locations, roughly one-quarter of the nation’s total movie screens. Now, he says, they account for just 1.5 percent.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/candidates-georgia-special-election-brace-final-weekend-n773596
    Jun 17 2017, 12:12 pm ET
    Candidates in Georgia Special Election Brace for Final Weekend
    The race has dragged on for months — Ossoff narrowly missed a chance to win outright in April, running against a multi-candidate GOP field and coming a few thousand votes short of the necessary 50 percent threshold — and it's become by far the most expensive House race ever waged, with Ossoff raising an astonishing $23.8 million, most of it from outside the district.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi..Sunday!
    I am going to be really brief..I saw that Roger walked 29 steps, but haven't read the articles, almost afraid to. So much awfulness going on out there.
    Need to get dressed in something at least semi decent, and make a quick Kroger run...I'm grilling today...yep, I may get wet doing it, but I want grilled corn on the cob...no excuses.

I didn't get any rain yesterday Ed....lots of grumbling and rumbling in the sky, but not a drop. Which is ok, as I'd gotten a tad over 2 inches on Fri, and because I'd sprayed the yard, and wanted it to be good and dry before the next rain.

Back Later...

Hi Valerie
    We had .69 inches of Rain Sunday... One heavy downpour and several light waves of rain :)
    Hey! I had my grilled corn on the cob with grilled onions, squash..yellow crookneck and zucchini, and orange and yellow peppers.
    Laugh of the day My groceries..
    6 ears corn, one head cauliflower, 3 colored peppers. Total cost $4.06!!! I think I won shopper of the week! :)
    Got everything cooked and did not get rained on. It did rain like the dickens while I was in Kroger, but quit as I came out! Sheer luck!!!

Roger I so do remember the Flit sprayer! YIKES. Mother would spray us (my brother and self) before we would go blackberry picking. Flit was DDT!! Glad both my boys arrived 'normal'. OTOH, I think a lot of people used Flit in the house to kill flies and other assorted bugs. Nobody knew how dangerous that stuff was. But, yes, you 'could' use a Flit sprayer. I used a garden sprayer holds about 2liters fluid, and has a pump to pressurize the sprayer. Works for me! AND I have two of them...one for herbicides and one for things like harmless mosquito spray.

Loved seeing the various Cat cartoons. I enjoyed also the gifs of the jumping cats!

Ok, its about time to get my stuff together, and head toward bed. You know, prep the coffee maker, go back to the kitchen because I forgot my night glass of water, check again to make sure I closed the garage door, and turned on the alarm system, etc. OOPs. where's my phone, etc...getting ready for bed can take 5 minutes or 20..depending.......:)

Later...
    Interesting, My brother was commenting that Corn on the Cob is expensive as are Oranges locally.

As You say, Who knew that the Miracle bug spray was dangerous :)

Been there done there when it comes to getting ready for bed. In my case it is at least a 10 minute process....

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 86 and 60% chance of rain.

Need to fold some laundry from yesterday and get some more done perhaps. Also need to get out to the store.

Hi Ed
    Yesterday was Grocery Store day in this house. My Brother picked up foods for me, $25 of them.

Thank You for those Interesting links
    Stay Dry
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Monday Morning!
    Stupid but necessary foot, decided Saturday night to start hurting again!?!?! Its on the inside of my ankle, but the hurting is more like when I had plantar fasciitis...heel hurt like blazes first few steps after sitting or getting out of bed, but then the pain went away. I may have to do a bit of investigation...I know where the tendon is that has been giving me issues. He showed me. I don't have a name for it, and I wonder if plantar fasciitis is only in your heel. Anyhow, I'm sitting here with my foot in a bucked of epsom salts & cold water....

I think I will make a grocery run to either Publix or Aldi. Aldi has a granola that I like, is not very sweet, and low fat, at a nice price....they also have berries on sale. BUT, I also need banana's. And after trying Aldi's bananas several times, with the same results, no more! They are refrigerating them I think....they never turn yellow...just an icky yellowish gray green, and then within 48 hours they start getting mushy. Like I said, no more. SO, I'm guessing Publix AND Aldi's???

Need to clean the grill, as I didn't go back and finish that little chore yesterday after eating. :(

I think there is at least one load of clothes to wash, and a tiny bit of sewing. (old gym pants I cut off at the knee, because it has no pockets. So today I'm going to add one back pocket...sized to hold my phone! (in case I take another try at flinging myself at the ground and not missing.) If I miss, it means I've learned how to fly, right???? LOL! Yeah, I read all his books.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Lies movies tell that will kill you if you try to do what they do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JEKpwu8l4
  • RogerToo
    PEUMG0.jpg

TtEa9Y.jpg

aUNuuW.jpg

ZgeZe2.jpg

0Aa95D.gif

p3Rq4a.jpg