Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    d9L4Sa.jpg

Eyr55P.jpg

TzvzVz.jpg

BpzFT2.jpg

xjCX1H.gif

09ED6P.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 7500 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 69 on the news channel and 67 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 10.8k steps. After yard work later on after we returned from the Produce store where I checked their prices and the Grocery Store was lower according to their flyer so I walked down there and back to the truck where my brother was patiently waiting. I was mistaken when I said they had two types of apples on sale what was on sale was D'Anjou Pears and Red Delicious Apples :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Saturday morning!
    Sunny and still quite cool and comfy...which will change over the course of the day, predicted high 87 degrees.

I can/could 'stare' my boys into better behaviors when they were just kids...not so sure that would work not, and not about to try it!!! And as for Tom E. I could stare at him for DAYS and it wouldn't bother him one bit.

My brother and I played Cowboys and Indians when we were kids too. With cap guns, rifles that shot a cork on a string!, and sometimes just finger guns and 'Air' bows and arrows. I'm sure its not correct, but I've been known to say "India Indians"...must be a better term our there.???
    Hair appointment today, then on to see Ted, and dinner at R Thomas.
    Hockey game tonite...game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. If Pittsburgh wins game over, if Nashville Predators win, there will be a game 7 on Wednesday.

Need to wander off to the kitchen, I know there's stuff in the sink, and while I'm out there I'm pretty sure 'hunger' is not far off...:)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    FWIW Dad's glare worked on me :)
    Have had a great day in ATL..new really short hair cut, a fun dinner with Ted at R Thomas. Long ride home, several miles of interstate being resurfaced...and just when I thought it would break up and we could top 35 mph, and there was an accident about 7-8 miles ahead....and all 7 lanes were going creep and stop. Had I known I'd have gone home a different way!

Roger, I think I'm with Ed...the bigger ones are easier, yes they take up a bit of space, but they're easier to see.

Ed, hope your photo sessions with the orchids went well.

Later...

I have taken the feedback to heart and left them as is for this post.

Isn't that always the way, You think, clear sailing and then Murphy's Law gets You.

I like shorter hair too, My brother goes near to scalped for the summer, whereas I prefer some hair to keep the sun off of my scalp. OTOH he will not leave the house without some type of hat, usually a baseball cap which he refers to as a cover.

On the way to the 90s already.at 8:45 it is 82 degrees :( No wonder I was starting to feel warm walking today.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I grew up with cowboys and Indians too, but I try not to use the term now to refer to Native Americans. Sometimes, to clarify though, I will say East Indian to refer to things/people of that other country. If I just say Indian, it will generally mean from/of/relating to India, but I do realize this can be confusing for us older folk...and I do include myself in that as I have to think it through when other people use the term "Indian" to make sure I know what they meant!
    Hi Ed
    If I said that bothers me too when I have to figure out which one.
    Well, the smaller pictures worked, but honestly I liked the full size ones better. And the full sized ones are easier to swipe and share. :)
    As You can see I have taken the feedback to heart and have reverted to the previous method.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there this morning, expecting a high of 87 with 0% chance of rain.

Lilo and I have been fed and Ariel is still snoozing.

Maybe laundry today.
    Despite You being what I think of as the southern tier your expected high is lower than mine :(

I cam home to the sound of the washing machine running. My brother was a bundle of getting things done. Two left for him to do. Grocery Store and maybe a run to Walmart for cheap mulch, OTOH if he buys Frozen that will block the Walmart run and he will not do the Walmart run first as that would require leaving the mulch exposed in the bed of the Pick Up truck.

Thanks for those links, I love humor.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    The good, the bad, and the ugly...

The good is that Ariel is getting fed.

The bad is that Ariel isn't eating voluntarily.

The ugly is the slight mess that is made feeding her.

Yesterday, since I had fed her a whole can of food on each of the three prior days, after offering food of various sorts and being turned down all three days...we did a little experiment and didn't force her to eat anything yesterday. And...she didn't eat anything yesterday. She seemed, overall, to enjoy her day off other than seeming hungry, once or twice, but still refusing to eat whatever we offered.

To be honest, I rather enjoyed the day off too, though I've gotten REALLY good at feeding Ariel, and it doesn't seem quite the labor intensive chore that it was, and I can get a half a 5.5 oz. can of cat food into her now in a very short time.

Today for lunchtime, she was hungry (from not eating anything yesterday) and I didn't have any trouble at all feeding her, but she still wasn't having anything we offered prior to feeding her manually.

We'll try the experiment again in a few days or a week, and meanwhile continue offering her food and then feeding her if necessary.

And the Ariel method for losing weight, while not recommended, surely does work. She is absolutely no longer our little fat girl...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Roger, sorry its hotter in Jersey than in ATL...only 82-83 here depending on weather app you look at. I'm going out and do about 25-30 minutes of trimming...just have a bug to be outside, if I get too hot I"ll quit early.

I got a huge tickle out of somebody saying they were having a day off! All three of us are non-working retiree's!!! Yet the concept of 'a day off' prevails. I know I say it all the time too!

Hockey game tonite...could be the last game of the Stanley Cup if Pittsburg wins, or there may be a game on Wednesday if the Predators win.

I had a very late breakfast (like about 10a) so lunch should be around 3, meaning I need to get outside or I"ll be late to my own lunch! :)

Poor Ariel. Tom E. hissed at me last night as I was trying to coax him outside. Tom E better watch it or I may forget to feed him dinner if this keeps up.

Ok, out the door.....

• GardenKatGardens
    That didn't make any sense did it?...Poor Ariel because she doesn't have a desire to self feed.

Got my yard work done, about the same time the battery for the weed eater gave out. I doubt anybody other than me would notice...but, happy because I Know its done!

Time to begin thinking about my dinner, feed the grumpy Tom E. and settle in to watch the hockey game. :) (Go Preds!)
  • parityanimal
    Ariel had about half a can for "brunch" and will have the other half for a late supper after J and I have had our supper.

Simple tonight. Just chili baked beans, cheesy julienned potato casserole, and deviled eggs.

You'd think I would want a weekend without baked beans wouldn't you? LOL! Yes, I will be making a huge pan of them on Saturday again.

• RogerToo
    A Long post today

Looks real to me...
    rxr8Xw.jpg

NjlNBJ.jpg

fdLEoN.jpg

Dive Fail
    tKMWqs.jpg

lMQ9MD.gif

Nj7BpG.jpg

yC1ZD4.jpg

mKOhsh.jpg

1rdNSP.jpg

Nope, a Radio Control Model Airship :)
    k6DMYX.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked4000 Steps + 5 pennys from 4 locations during today's walk. The temperature this morning is 71 on the news channel and 71 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 9600+ steps.

Why the short walk You may be wondering, I was a little depressed as just before I left for my walk the Window AC started giving out a loud shrieking noise as of a dry bearing. I turned it off and went walking, however I did want to get back after it had some time to defrost just in case it was only iced up, however I suspect that even if it is OK right now I need to look for a small physical size unit for where it fits and keep it in mind just in case.

Pooping geese prompt police, firefighter response at Disneyland
    http://www.dailynews.com/oddities/20170610/pooping-geese-prompt-police-firefighter-response-at-disneyland
    ANAHEIM >> Seventeen people had a crappy day at the Happiest Place on Earth.

They enjoyed the Disneyland just fine. But they were hit by a mass of droppings from a flock of geese.

It was dramatic enough to bring police and firefighters to the Magic Kingdom.

The Anaheim Police Department says they answered a call that guests had been hit with fecal matter, but determined it was from a flock of geese that flew over and no crime occurred. Eleven adults and six kids were hit, but none were hurt.
    Police say all guests are now healthy and happy.

Not thr first one to explode in NJ.
    House Explodes in Fiery Blast in Piscataway; 1 Hurt: Officials
    Gas was suspected as the cause of the explosion
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/House-Explodes-in-Piscataway-Hopkinson-Avenue--427764393.html
    A house exploded early Sunday in Piscataway and the homeowner was burned, but survived the fiery blast, witnesses said.

The house on Hopkinson Avenue was completely leveled. The burned-out shell of a car could be seen amid the smoldering remains.

Mayor Brian Wahler said gas appears to be the cause, citing "the size of the explosion - the house was blown off its foundation. And there's literally nothing left of the house."

The homeowner, who is a municipal worker for a nearby town, was blown outside of the house by the force of the blast, officials said.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    The good, the bad, and the ugly...

The good is that Ariel is getting fed.

The bad is that Ariel isn't eating voluntarily.

The ugly is the slight mess that is made feeding her.

Yesterday, since I had fed her a whole can of food on each of the three prior days, after offering food of various sorts and being turned down all three days...we did a little experiment and didn't force her to eat anything yesterday. And...she didn't eat anything yesterday. She seemed, overall, to enjoy her day off other than seeming hungry, once or twice, but still refusing to eat whatever we offered.

To be honest, I rather enjoyed the day off too, though I've gotten REALLY good at feeding Ariel, and it doesn't seem quite the labor intensive chore that it was, and I can get a half a 5.5 oz. can of cat food into her now in a very short time.

Today for lunchtime, she was hungry (from not eating anything yesterday) and I didn't have any trouble at all feeding her, but she still wasn't having anything we offered prior to feeding her manually.

We'll try the experiment again in a few days or a week, and meanwhile continue offering her food and then feeding her if necessary.

And the Ariel method for losing weight, while not recommended, surely does work. She is absolutely no longer our little fat girl...
    Hi Ed
    Well...
    If it worked, why not do a rerun in a few days as long as Ariel doe lose to much weight.
    Ariel had about half a can for "brunch" and will have the other half for a late supper after J and I have had our supper.

Simple tonight. Just chili baked beans, cheesy julienned potato casserole, and deviled eggs.

You'd think I would want a weekend without baked beans wouldn't you? LOL! Yes, I will be making a huge pan of them on Saturday again.
    Yesterday I had a sudden hankering for a dish Mom used to make, Start out cooking loose Ground Beef & Onions then add Pork & Beans and stirs until warm, serve. And of course Franks & Beans :)
    I can do either of those using the NS Chicken with beans Dinner by counting the chunk of chicken as a PF and adding the other ingredients and stay pretty much on plan too.
    What created the hankering? My Brother was cooking some 90% from on sale Hamburger with Onions and naturally smell is a huge trigger for that sort of thing :)

Yesterday he brought home the 2.5 dozen eggs that are on sale for $1.99 to hard boil, and some small packages of Top Round London Broil that were on sale all well under $2 :)

The Potato Casserole sounds delicious too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

72 right now with an expected high of 85 and 40% chance of showers here.

Might need to get out to the store but I think it can probably wait. We have the monthly local orchid society meeting tonight.

Lilo has been fed. My biscuit is in the toaster oven and the last of the pork roast and gravy is all shredded and mixed up to warm up in the microwave so I'll have pork a la king for breakfast.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi!
    Roger, sorry its hotter in Jersey than in ATL...only 82-83 here depending on weather app you look at. I'm going out and do about 25-30 minutes of trimming...just have a bug to be outside, if I get too hot I"ll quit early.

I got a huge tickle out of somebody saying they were having a day off! All three of us are non-working retiree's!!! Yet the concept of 'a day off' prevails. I know I say it all the time too!

Hockey game tonite...could be the last game of the Stanley Cup if Pittsburg wins, or there may be a game on Wednesday if the Predators win.

I had a very late breakfast (like about 10a) so lunch should be around 3, meaning I need to get outside or I"ll be late to my own lunch! :)

Poor Ariel. Tom E. hissed at me last night as I was trying to coax him outside. Tom E better watch it or I may forget to feed him dinner if this keeps up.

Ok, out the door.....
    Hi Valerie
    I also use the term a day off, meaning no chores or anything except lazing around the house :)

You wouldn't do that, forget to feed him...
    That didn't make any sense did it?...Poor Ariel because she doesn't have a desire to self feed.

Got my yard work done, about the same time the battery for the weed eater gave out. I doubt anybody other than me would notice...but, happy because I Know its done!

Time to begin thinking about my dinner, feed the grumpy Tom E. and settle in to watch the hockey game. :) (Go Preds!)

There are medications that have that effect on humans too...

Oh well, does that mean You forgot to charge it or that the run time per charge is declining?

Have a nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good mid-late morning! :)
    I slept long and well last night. No, Roger, I would not neglect to feed Grumpy Cat. (also keep in mind he's an 'outdoor' cat, and food is available should he want to catch it.! :) ). He's been in for breakfast and treat this morning already.
    And I think the run time per charge is either declining, OR, I may have been cutting some much 'heavier' weeds that usual. Had a patch of some kind of weed that is fairly low growing, and very 'wet'..I'm thinking that it may takes more trimming power to cut than the driveway edging, and the little bits here and there that I normally do. ????

Later today, when I finish my coffee, and poke around on fb for a bit, I will dry the load of laundry I washed last night, and finish putting away the load I ran yesterday. And, after that????? I'm sure there are chores just not sure which ones I'm interested in doing!

Ed, enjoy the orchid meeting tonite. Much better drive time getting there now that the interstate is repaired I'll bet. :) Good luck with Ariel today.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Good mid-late morning! :)
    I slept long and well last night. No, Roger, I would not neglect to feed Grumpy Cat. (also keep in mind he's an 'outdoor' cat, and food is available should he want to catch it.! :) ). He's been in for breakfast and treat this morning already.
    And I think the run time per charge is either declining, OR, I may have been cutting some much 'heavier' weeds that usual. Had a patch of some kind of weed that is fairly low growing, and very 'wet'..I'm thinking that it may takes more trimming power to cut than the driveway edging, and the little bits here and there that I normally do. ????

Later today, when I finish my coffee, and poke around on fb for a bit, I will dry the load of laundry I washed last night, and finish putting away the load I ran yesterday. And, after that????? I'm sure there are chores just not sure which ones I'm interested in doing!

Ed, enjoy the orchid meeting tonite. Much better drive time getting there now that the interstate is repaired I'll bet. :) Good luck with Ariel today.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have been recently begun making a note on the calendar of when I recharge things such as the iPod, Kindle and Cell Phone so I can track battery health :)

I am sure that when we were cutting down a fair sized tree with the reciprocating saw AKA SawzAll that it was working harder than when we were just trimming off the small branches. In general as I understand it the harder a motor works the more electric power it needs which makes sense. That would be one reason a electric motor draws more energy as it starts up, That is when it is overcoming inertia. I tried fuses that were properly sized and they failed due to that where the circuit breaker did not trip on the momentary overload :)

This is the time of year we try to get the clothes dried before they go musty in the washer, And yes I forgot them in the past and had to rewash a couple of times to get rid of the musty smell.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    I"ve forgotten clothes a time or two in my 50+ years of doing laundry..:) Yep, a good rewash does solve the problem.

It is muggy and breezeless here today. I don't know where this 'air' is coming from, but its wet! I think we may see a shower or two before evening cooling happens tonite. Temp is only 83 or 86 depending on which weather info you believe.

I went thru closets today...and I have a bag of clothes that need to be tossed, for various reasons. Its a start. One of the closets isn't quite finished, yet. :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    a7lVxK.gif

GCa40j.gif

hmbQb9.jpg

KwQWVj.gif

EJ2iIp.gif

One mover for today
    7npbVO.gif

A realistic looking RC Model complete to Afterburner :)
    MN9c0v.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5700 Steps during todays walk. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. It is 82 degrees on the backyard thermometer already as of 7:30 :( Yesterday some locations set a new record high at 97 degrees.

Why the short walk today You may be wondering, Or maybe not given the early heat. Luckily the heat wave is supposed to break for tomorrow.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 70 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 20% chance of rain.

Not a lot on the agenda today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...