Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

71 out there now with an expected high of 81 and 60% chance of PM thunderstorms. I guess I should try to do any grocery shopping in the AM then.

Sink has bee cleared. I still need to get that last load of laundry folded, as it's still in the dryer. LOL.

Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel is still in bed with J so I'll get to her later.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh Roger, I hope you find this as funny as I did. I couldn't stand it, so I Googled...and there is a band named 'The Spits'....and they cut an album 'Spider'...so apparently I didn't hear all the words, or like I said I was distracted, but I still think the idea of a band called spider spit is very funny!!!!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Three Images of the Blackberry and Raspberry Bushes. It looks like a bumper crop of Blackberries too.

4y7XHd.jpg
    Overview that includes a Pot with Sage & Rosemary

ZnZztf.jpg
    Some of the Blackberry up close

J9jP3f.jpg
    one of the Raspberry plants and more of the Blackberry plant

Oh & I found a Nickel this morning while walking :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning, Rainy days and Mondays....:) (takes more than that to get me down!) Loved Simon and Garfunkel though....
    Today is supposed to be 'sprinkle-ish' and then the rains come back this afternoon around 2, or so says the Weather Channel. That's Ok, My appt. with the Podiatrist is at 10:30 this morning, and I'm planning to make that a one stop trip. Will be back in ATL on Saturday if I want to 'visit' Whole Foods, etc. I try not to bother Ted, (DS2) on Monday's. This is the day he does laundry and gets his groceries, etc. :)

Hope all is going well with Ariel and her chemically induced lack of appetite. If the Prednisone is going to do its magic on her appetite, I'd think it will have happened by now.

Roger...I wish I knew some magic solution to your problems with 'walking appetites', but alas a tall fence is the only solution I know of. :( Too many animals, not enough food source. Maybe you could con a neighbor about 3 houses over to generously feed them...just kidding!

Ok, pop-up said Roger posted...gonna go get my morning giggles, and then I'd best be eating some breakfast! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

71 out there now with an expected high of 81 and 60% chance of PM thunderstorms. I guess I should try to do any grocery shopping in the AM then.

Sink has bee cleared. I still need to get that last load of laundry folded, as it's still in the dryer. LOL.

Lilo and I have been fed. Ariel is still in bed with J so I'll get to her later.
    Hi Ed
    We already had a Thunderstorm overnight and they are in the forecast for later today to so We already hit a 100% here :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Oh Roger, I hope you find this as funny as I did. I couldn't stand it, so I Googled...and there is a band named 'The Spits'....and they cut an album 'Spider'...so apparently I didn't hear all the words, or like I said I was distracted, but I still think the idea of a band called spider spit is very funny!!!!

Hi Again
    I agree it is a weird name for a band too.

I seem to remember You asking about the Berry bushes, so I have posted images of some of them just now. That Blackberry bush is really going to town, Now I think I'm happy I only tried one as a test. There will likely be more than I can use at one time. My Brother has suggested drying, and freezing the surplus vs handing them out to the neighbors.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Amazing Pakistani street food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pqg1g1vv7A
  • GardenKatGardens
    OK, so who wants to go to Pakistan for lunch tomorrow????? 'The Angry Burger'...what a neat name....
    SO, what did we just see? Pancake batter, probably besan poured on the griddle...BTW I want one of those..and while I'm at it a big freestanding real butchers block... now, back to the autopsy of what I think I saw...and in the center of each pancake something...I guess it could be meat...or refried beans? and when the pancake was cooked, those were moved , etc, etc, until they were placed on the outer perimeter of my griddle...and sliced onion, some kind of a green sauce, and some red and presumably hot sauce, more sprinkling of sliced stuff, finally bun tops....wow!! I'd rather have that than a burger, or sliders!!!

Ed. What did you think you saw???

Roger, any guesses??

When I worked at the Red Cross we had a lovely Pakistani woman come in on second shift, and sometimes she would bring me the most delicious leftovers you can imagine. We talked 'food' every chance we got.

This video really really has my mouth watering, and my poor tummy screaming for food!!!
    Something about street food....some time ago I watched these huge sandwiches being made in Mexico City, again, street food...I was also ready to go there as well!

Ok, I think I need to fix my salad to go with the rest of my lunch, and eat it. :):)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, before I head back into the kitchen...
    Roger the berry bushes look wonderful! I'm sorta with your brother. Maybe you could give a few and freeze a few to see how the freezing process works for you? I think I'd set them on a tray in the freezer for several hours, one berry layer thick...then when frozen put them into your seal a meal thingy and pull the air out of the bag..they should keep for several months. Just a thought.

And I have the best ever foot and ankle brace! I walked around for a bit outside when I got home, and seems to really keep my foot stable. For orneriness I took my red flip flops, that match my toes which got painted yesterday, and asked him if I thought I'd ever be able to wear them again...and he said he thought so!
    Order of business is First get the inflammation calmed down, then do the exercises he gave me, and when I've strengthened the ankle, I should be good to wear my red sandals!!! I'm willing to bet that I will be as compliant doing my foot exercises as I am with my thyroid med!!!! Will be pulling my list of inflammation fighting foods out and posting it above my work space in the kitchen....No, chances are I will not be doing Aleve. He and I both agreed that would not be a good thing. I turned down Prednisone shots..he said they really weren't 'bad'...told him I was not so worried about the shots themselves as I was the Prednisone! :) He just smiled. I think he understands.

Ok...now its 2:30, and I'm still hungry...............
  • parityanimal
    Valerie, this gives a good explanation of what they were making, with, I'm sure, their own variation, but it sounds delicious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bun_kebab
  • GardenKatGardens
    It does sound really really delicious, and I bet you can smell them cooking a block away!! I want! Thanks for the Wiki link.
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    lT64dQ.gif

e3DlL3.gif
    Oops, looks like that one got away from the movers

WUd4fj.jpg

Q1OAtU.gif

Yg3uhG.png
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    I walked 5200 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 60 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. I was somewhat tired this morning. I woke up around 4:20 and I never did manage to get back to a good sleep so I gave up at 5:40 :(
    I really need to mow the grass, It never dried out from the rain that accompanied the previous nights Thunderstorm.
    Today it was raining when I went out the door and there was a raw feel to the air.

I had the new NS Spinach & Cheese Pretzel Melt for lunch Monday, It was tasty, although I still prefer the NS Pepperoni Pizza Melt. I am happy I ordered 7 of them.

The world has gone nuts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/05/woman-fights-mcdonalds-employee/370795001/
    Watch 'extremely hangry' woman fight McDonald's employee
    DES MOINES — A woman gave new meaning to the word "hangry" Saturday as she fought with McDonald's employees over the delivery of a meal at a Des Moines restaurant.

Two men and a woman ordered McChicken sandwiches about 9 p.m. CT, but apparently were hungry and upset about the wait time, according to a police report.

The employees told police the woman came to the counter and started yelling that she wanted either her food or her money back.

"Give me my (expletive)!" the woman is heard shouting in a video recorded by another customer.

And this :(
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/06/05/multiple-deaths-reported-orlando-workplace-shooting-rampage/102511896/
    Fired worker kills five and himself in Orlando rampage
    ORLANDO — A disgruntled former employee returned to a local RV accessory business Monday and fatally shot five people before killing himself, another horror in a city still healing from a bloody mass murder at a nightclub less than one year ago.

John Robert Neumann Jr, 45, who had been fired in April, entered the Fiamma Inc. building at about 8 a.m. ET and opened fire, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said. A 911 call came in at 8:03 and officers were on the scene two minutes later, Demings said.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    OK, so who wants to go to Pakistan for lunch tomorrow????? 'The Angry Burger'...what a neat name....
    SO, what did we just see? Pancake batter, probably besan poured on the griddle...BTW I want one of those..and while I'm at it a big freestanding real butchers block... now, back to the autopsy of what I think I saw...and in the center of each pancake something...I guess it could be meat...or refried beans? and when the pancake was cooked, those were moved , etc, etc, until they were placed on the outer perimeter of my griddle...and sliced onion, some kind of a green sauce, and some red and presumably hot sauce, more sprinkling of sliced stuff, finally bun tops....wow!! I'd rather have that than a burger, or sliders!!!

Ed. What did you think you saw???

Roger, any guesses??

When I worked at the Red Cross we had a lovely Pakistani woman come in on second shift, and sometimes she would bring me the most delicious leftovers you can imagine. We talked 'food' every chance we got.

This video really really has my mouth watering, and my poor tummy screaming for food!!!
    Something about street food....some time ago I watched these huge sandwiches being made in Mexico City, again, street food...I was also ready to go there as well!

Ok, I think I need to fix my salad to go with the rest of my lunch, and eat it. :):)
    Hi Valerie
    If I said no guess :)

Suddenly I felt hungry so I went into the Kitchen and ate my Morning Banana :)
    Oh, before I head back into the kitchen...
    Roger the berry bushes look wonderful! I'm sorta with your brother. Maybe you could give a few and freeze a few to see how the freezing process works for you? I think I'd set them on a tray in the freezer for several hours, one berry layer thick...then when frozen put them into your seal a meal thingy and pull the air out of the bag..they should keep for several months. Just a thought.

And I have the best ever foot and ankle brace! I walked around for a bit outside when I got home, and seems to really keep my foot stable. For orneriness I took my red flip flops, that match my toes which got painted yesterday, and asked him if I thought I'd ever be able to wear them again...and he said he thought so!
    Order of business is First get the inflammation calmed down, then do the exercises he gave me, and when I've strengthened the ankle, I should be good to wear my red sandals!!! I'm willing to bet that I will be as compliant doing my foot exercises as I am with my thyroid med!!!! Will be pulling my list of inflammation fighting foods out and posting it above my work space in the kitchen....No, chances are I will not be doing Aleve. He and I both agreed that would not be a good thing. I turned down Prednisone shots..he said they really weren't 'bad'...told him I was not so worried about the shots themselves as I was the Prednisone! :) He just smiled. I think he understands.

Ok...now its 2:30, and I'm still hungry...............

If I said that was just a small part of the Blackberry bush and that both the early and late fruiting Raspberries have berries growing on them already. I may well end up with a large surplus, Hmm...

That he found a ankle brace that works well for you is great. I'm with You regarding the pain killers and Prednisone shots, avoid if possible.

Have a Good Day
    Roger