Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    WOW do I have a lot of 'catch up' to do this morning!
    Going to make a list, and will be right back. I DID read and mentally respond to several questions and cartoons yesterday...but got carried away with my trip to help O with her sewing, and some yard work, trash to curb, etc..
    OK, back in a few....

Hi Valerie
    Late start this morning..slept later than I thought possible! LOL!! So, there's that for my late morning excuse! If I hurry I can post before the clock strikes Noon!
    I think I must have spent longer in New Jersey that I remember.....looked at Rogers post about the most misspelled words....I can spell appreciate no problem (the GA word) and I'm sure Ed can too, but darn ole February has always, even in school, given me issues. I don't know why Maybe because the r is silent? maybe?

No Roger, Dr. Sinkoe's instructions were to ice X 3 daily. So no Epsom Salts... I have my foot and ankle in a bucket of cold water as I type. And his office called a little bit ago to remind me about my Monday appointment! Several offices do that these days, I know, but combine that with the personal calls and emails from the good doc...mind blowing!
    Maybe You did spend enough time in NJ that it rubbed off on You :)

I had to ask my doctors office not to text me as a reminder, They were phoning with a automated thing asking me to press one to confirm and texting. I asked that they not text as that costs money every time as the phone is on a no text plan.
    Also Roger, The blood test, which I ended up not having to pay, was for a Vitamin D test. The 'sunshine vitamin', which they've found is not actually a vitamin at all, but a hormone! Anyhow, I took the letter, bill, etc to my Doc's office and they said they'd take care of it. The reason Med.Care gave for not covering it was it did not fit my diagnosis. That's what made me mad...73 (at that time) years old should cover it...one of several nutritional shortages in older people...add in osteoporosis, etc, so...the bill never showed up again. :)But it was the Doc's office that took care of the charges.

Ed, I'm fine. Just finding that even in retirement I could use a few extra hours in my day! :( , really????
    Thank You for that information, I made a note on the calendar next to where I listed the doctors appointment.

I would swear I had more free time before I retired too.
    I watched and enjoyed the Cooking Hacks! Some of those things I already do...some looked worth trying, and some seemed sorta silly...in that they were more trouble than the usual method. LOL!!
    Will be watching later today for a synopsis of Ariel's vet visit. Have fingers crossed for her.
    So, computer says its 11:38, and I have not done one single thing today past feeding a cat and eating a bowl of granola and fruit. I went fruit happy this week at my various grocery stores, and have raspberries, blackberries, fresh blueberries, banana's, cantaloupe, and a whole seedless watermelon!?!?!?!? So, raspberries on my salads, blueberries and blackberries on my cereal...later today will be cantaloupe, and if I get outside for any length of time in the heat, there will be watermelon and a bucket of cold water for my ankle to cool me off! :) Which leaves bananas and the rest of the cherries...Oh, bought two small handfuls of sweet cherries too...
    So, yeah, I had a list....no, I didn't follow it too carefully....my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Hope you guys have a great day... Roger you will have to take pix of your garden and flowers, you and your Brother have put a lot of time and energy into your yard this spring. Hoping you're rewarded with lots of black berries and raspberries!

Ed, you growing micro greens or any veg's this year? I recall when you first moved here from Memphis you planted a lot of plants and flowers. Just curious.

Ok...time is just zooming along..
    Later...
    I suspect I will have a bumper crop of blackberries off of the one plant that was planted last year, I may have to hand some out to neighbors, I'm sure that will not depress them. Free fresh fruit :)

I bought the smallest bag of Cherries I saw the last time I visited the Produce store and I was eating them for days, next time I will empty some of them into other bags. They sit there opened anyway. If I said I like Blueberries in Cupcakes, Pancakes & Waffles, and never developed a taste for fresh ones ?

It would appear that the Hollyhocks we planted last year will be going into bloom if the walking appetites do not eat the buds off of them, They ate the buds and leaves off of one of the lilies before I realized they needed a fence around them :(

Have a Good day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 70 out there now and looking for a high of 88 with 20% chance of rain.

Pool party this afternoon. Baked beans for 40+ in the oven.

Sink has been cleared, Lilo and I have been fed and Ariel is snoozing on the bed with J. We did get her a little bit excited over food last night but she didn't quite seem to want to eat any. We'll see how today goes before I start force feeding again.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Ariel's initial protocol wasn't working, so we've changed her to Lomustine every 4 weeks, for possibly up to six treatments, though we will re-evaluate after the second treatment to see if it seems to be working.

She is also back on Prednisone for the duration of the Lomustine treatment at least.

Hi Ed
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hope the new medication works
    I have no plans to grow any vegetables this year or greens. Ariel is my priority for now. We're going to see if the Prednisone brings back any appetite. It very well might.
    I can understand that.
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    And here's yesterday's commercial message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoOz5kNwqyc
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Saturday Morning!
    At least I rose earlier, not early, but better than yesterday!
    Cats been fed and petted, etc. and is now outside probably sleeping somewhere! Most likely up on the roof. Goof ball!
    Computer backing up, Fitbit charging, BP 113 / 64. Took drug yesterday... coffee will help it get back around 130 I hope.
    Getting the BBB from NS was always fun. Check the list, count it out. Store it away and then try to decide just what I wanted to eat first! LOL!
    The street signs were great! And then I watched Joanne Worley clips for a bit...
    Now time to get going. Made my list of things to do last night, and I think it will keep me busy for the whole weekend!!!

Ed, I hope the 'interest' in food leads to a self feeding kitty by tomorrow.

Roger, hope your berry bushes continue to set fruit, and that some lucky neighbors get to taste home grown blackberries. And I love hollyhocks! My Mom had them in our back yard. I grew some before the trees got so big.

Ok, heading for the kitchen...time to feed me!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 71 and wet out there now. We expect a high of 83 and 100% chance of rain. Since it's already raining, I think I agree with that forecast, at least as far as the 100%.

Lilo and I have been fed. The sink needs clearing, and laundry to do.

About 7:30 there was a clap of thunder that would have woken the dead, but I was already up, and making my homemade buttermilk biscuit to eat with scrambled egg and cheese.

Later, gators.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    oVmiQU.jpg

O1NA1u.jpg

sqVHET.jpg

OG7o4M.jpg

xpp4CN.jpg

y3xIeE.jpg
    A Little mean :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 7400 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 56 on the news channel and 51 degrees on the front porch.

As I was walking I stopped and treated myself to 2 Scrambled Eggs and Whole Wheat Toast and brought the Home Fries back to the house where My brother will use them either today as part of the meal tomorrow morning for part of his breakfast. I look at what I ate as my two SCs and two PFs that I have for breakfast every day. Following which I loaded (Overloaded?) my backpack with two types of apples 3 Gala & 2 Red for a total of 5, 2 Nectarines, 2 pears, a bag of Clementines, Bananas and baby Carrots.

AI expected the phone call around 9AM from NS telling me that my frozen portion has shipped came in :)

The delivery came around 2:30 and I will be trying the new NS Turkey Pot Pie melt for lunch. The order was short and I have called it in. This morning I have received the confirmation order that the shortage replacement is confirmed. No tracking yet.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Sadly more attacks by terrorists in Great Britain, The world is going to D E double hockey sticks :(
    Good Saturday Morning!
    At least I rose earlier, not early, but better than yesterday!
    Cats been fed and petted, etc. and is now outside probably sleeping somewhere! Most likely up on the roof. Goof ball!
    Computer backing up, Fitbit charging, BP 113 / 64. Took drug yesterday... coffee will help it get back around 130 I hope.
    Getting the BBB from NS was always fun. Check the list, count it out. Store it away and then try to decide just what I wanted to eat first! LOL!
    The street signs were great! And then I watched Joanne Worley clips for a bit...
    Now time to get going. Made my list of things to do last night, and I think it will keep me busy for the whole weekend!!!
    Hi Valerie
    Did You have any problem finding reverse on the computers gearshift lever ? :)

If I said despite being 7 items short the basement freezer and the Kitchen Refrigerator freezer section are bulging would You believe me ?

I believe some of the new foods on my order are ready to go as well as frozen, I am not sure when that smaller box will be delivered. Not a rush either.

I was starting to have a craving for Pizza so the NS frozen order delivery is timely for that, Tonight I will have one of the 7 Chicken Bacon ranch Pizzas I ordered. I also ordered 3 Italian Sausage and Turkey Pizzas and 4 Margherita Pizzas to get me through cravings as well as a couple of two types of the Shelf Stable Pizzas. Solved that craving for now :)
    Ed, I hope the 'interest' in food leads to a self feeding kitty by tomorrow.

Roger, hope your berry bushes continue to set fruit, and that some lucky neighbors get to taste home grown blackberries. And I love hollyhocks! My Mom had them in our back yard. I grew some before the trees got so big.

Ok, heading for the kitchen...time to feed me!

Later...
    BTW I saw my first Chipmunk of the year yesterday and two Deer down along the Brook a ways away from the house.

I was a bit unhappy yesterday after my brother pointed out where those darned Walking Appetites had eaten some of the leaves off of the Hollyhocks. They are destructive critters and should all go to perdition IMO. Leave my plants alone. In the last two years they have eaten most of the Sunflowers, Leaves off the Apple trees, Hollyhocks, and Lillies :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning! Super Sunday...I dunno why......:)

No Roger backup has not been a problem since I got "My Passport for Mac'! Now when I had Laci..my Ferrari external hard drive that was a pain. And finding reverse for backup was a chore. Different computer, (my desk top) and it was do this and that...I didn't use it as often as I should have. (Ted, little rat, helped me pick it out from CompUSA, and pointed out that it most likely would be the only Ferrari I'd ever own) :)

As Ed mentioned it is an all day rain apparently. Last night 11 news seemed to think maybe the morning shower wouldn't happen and it would rain later in the day....like right.

I think I heard your 7:30 wake up thunder Ed....not consciously, but something did wake me at 7:30. And I hear 'rumbling' every little bit, but nothing close by or loud. Now, if I put on my hearing aid I might disagree with myself on that point!!!

Cat and I had a bit of a disagreement this morning...he came in to eat, and was waiting for me outside my bedroom door when I finished brushing my teeth...flopped himself on the living room carpet for some petting and scratching...and then we proceeded to the dining room where his food was, and the sliding doors to the screened porch...and the little devil (and that's being kind) BIT my big toe. No warning, just nabbed me. I don't usually wear flip flops, but these bright red ones are locally made, and have built in arch support and massage beads and that little raised hump so your feet don't slide to far forward....anyhow, he bit me! Believe me, he was 'ordered' out of the house.

Ed, I finished up my laundry yesterday, so I'm sorry, but I don't have any laundry to contribute today! :) Its such a good feeling to have it all done. Makes it worth the effort.

Roger I LOVE the green eyed young cat. Its fur looks a lot like a Bengal Tiger! Buts its those green eyes. I love green eyed cats! Black Cat Dunham was obviously black and had those green eyes. He was my little 3.5 legged cat, that by the time the vet and I got his poor little back leg healed, hated me so much he ran away!! I'd see him in the neighborhood...easy to spot...he ran funny. I am sure someone up the street took pity on the little thing, and feed him, etc.

Free meal to Vegetarians even at a BBQ place could be a dangerous thing to offer...we're so accustomed to cobbling together a meal from the sides that they'd lose money!!! LOL!!
    And that bear....arg. Thru NS Ed and I know a lady named Kat...and that family just moved to MA last fall....they have 2 bears that come to visit..like up onto the deck...I'd be so outta there!!! Bears are BIG! and they have big TEETH! and bad tempers! :) Yep, color me gone.

Ok, gotta get going...the rumbles are returning. I need to take a shower and clear the sink, but those will be my catch as catch can things to do today!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2017
    That Little Pigs Barbecue is on South Highland street in Memphis, Tennessee. I used to see that place often as I drove by, but never did eat there.

I think it's NOT raining just this second, so might be a good time to run the garbage and recycles down to the curb.

Update:

Didn't work. Mother nature was laying in wait for me. As soon as I stepped out, it started raining hard...so the big garbage bin is by the garage door, and recycles are still just inside the garage.

I will wait a bit for, hopefully, a lull...meanwhile Ariel has been fed, J's veggie burger is cooking, and the first load of laundry is in the washer.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hope Ed got his trash to the curb...we've had lulls, and then here it comes again. Each time I think I 'shouldda hopped in the shower' I'll get there. I'd hoped to make a run out for a pedicure today..seeing Podiatrist tomorrow, least I can do is make these old toes look best I can. But I think its not going to happen... oh well. It was a good thought.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I got the garbage and recycles out. Second (and last) load of laundry is in the dryer and I've got some vegetable soup started on the stove, with peas, carrots, onion, potato, vegetable broth and home made tomato juice, along with a little hot chili infused olive oil to carry the flavors and will likely add some macaroni near the end of cooking to give it a little more "oomph" as it's going to BE dinner, with a salad as a starter.
  • parityanimal
    People try weird food combinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzWJ8d-0uw
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Super Sunday...I dunno why......:)

No Roger backup has not been a problem since I got "My Passport for Mac'! Now when I had Laci..my Ferrari external hard drive that was a pain. And finding reverse for backup was a chore. Different computer, (my desk top) and it was do this and that...I didn't use it as often as I should have. (Ted, little rat, helped me pick it out from CompUSA, and pointed out that it most likely would be the only Ferrari I'd ever own) :)

As Ed mentioned it is an all day rain apparently. Last night 11 news seemed to think maybe the morning shower wouldn't happen and it would rain later in the day....like right.

I think I heard your 7:30 wake up thunder Ed....not consciously, but something did wake me at 7:30. And I hear 'rumbling' every little bit, but nothing close by or loud. Now, if I put on my hearing aid I might disagree with myself on that point!!!
    Hi Valerie
    I had heard that laCie was a good brand, oh well...

It can not seem to make up it's mind here, rain or no rain, it starts to spritz and then stops again :(
    Cat and I had a bit of a disagreement this morning...he came in to eat, and was waiting for me outside my bedroom door when I finished brushing my teeth...flopped himself on the living room carpet for some petting and scratching...and then we proceeded to the dining room where his food was, and the sliding doors to the screened porch...and the little devil (and that's being kind) BIT my big toe. No warning, just nabbed me. I don't usually wear flip flops, but these bright red ones are locally made, and have built in arch support and massage beads and that little raised hump so your feet don't slide to far forward....anyhow, he bit me! Believe me, he was 'ordered' out of the house.

Ed, I finished up my laundry yesterday, so I'm sorry, but I don't have any laundry to contribute today! :) Its such a good feeling to have it all done. Makes it worth the effort.

Roger I LOVE the green eyed young cat. Its fur looks a lot like a Bengal Tiger! Buts its those green eyes. I love green eyed cats! Black Cat Dunham was obviously black and had those green eyes. He was my little 3.5 legged cat, that by the time the vet and I got his poor little back leg healed, hated me so much he ran away!! I'd see him in the neighborhood...easy to spot...he ran funny. I am sure someone up the street took pity on the little thing, and feed him, etc.
    I wonder if it was the footwear that did it?

Good that You are enjoying the posts :)
    Free meal to Vegetarians even at a BBQ place could be a dangerous thing to offer...we're so accustomed to cobbling together a meal from the sides that they'd lose money!!! LOL!!
    And that bear....arg. Thru NS Ed and I know a lady named Kat...and that family just moved to MA last fall....they have 2 bears that come to visit..like up onto the deck...I'd be so outta there!!! Bears are BIG! and they have big TEETH! and bad tempers! :) Yep, color me gone.

Ok, gotta get going...the rumbles are returning. I need to take a shower and clear the sink, but those will be my catch as catch can things to do today!!!

Later...
    I shut down the computer and the power strip when I hear Thunderstorms coming too.

We are having bear problems in NJ too, more to the north but near here too.
    Hope Ed got his trash to the curb...we've had lulls, and then here it comes again. Each time I think I 'shouldda hopped in the shower' I'll get there. I'd hoped to make a run out for a pedicure today..seeing Podiatrist tomorrow, least I can do is make these old toes look best I can. But I think its not going to happen... oh well. It was a good thought.

Later...
    If it is raining or rain is in the forecast I put the garbage out at the last minute, otherwise as do 90% of my neighbors it goes out the night before :)

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That Little Pigs Barbecue is on South Highland street in Memphis, Tennessee. I used to see that place often as I drove by, but never did eat there.

I think it's NOT raining just this second, so might be a good time to run the garbage and recycles down to the curb.

Update:

Didn't work. Mother nature was laying in wait for me. As soon as I stepped out, it started raining hard...so the big garbage bin is by the garage door, and recycles are still just inside the garage.

I will wait a bit for, hopefully, a lull...meanwhile Ariel has been fed, J's veggie burger is cooking, and the first load of laundry is in the washer.
    Hi Ed
    I did not know where it was located, it was just humor my brother found on the Internet, Thank You for the location update.

Mother nature seems to do that a lot to me also :)
    I got the garbage and recycles out. Second (and last) load of laundry is in the dryer and I've got some vegetable soup started on the stove, with peas, carrots, onion, potato, vegetable broth and home made tomato juice, along with a little hot chili infused olive oil to carry the flavors and will likely add some macaroni near the end of cooking to give it a little more "oomph" as it's going to BE dinner, with a salad as a starter.

Sounds as if You are moving right along.

Have a Nice Evening too
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited June 2017
    Finally took a chance and drove over to the Nail place. hoped that when I left it wouldn't be raining buckets....and WOW...the sun was shining! :) I think that was my 'win' for the day.

Oh, and Lacie probably is a good external hard drive...I think the main problem was me. I had to remember what to unplug from the CPU, and find the cord to plug in...etc. Anyhow, she quit working, and I can't say I was sorry. Ted took it and messed with it, hooked it to something else he had, and said sorcery words over it, and got the pictures that were on it onto a disc for me. Now, Lacie's brain rests in a plain small brown box, residing on a book shelf in the front room with all the other junk I hold onto...I dunno why ....

Oh,half listening to something on the TV, and I swear I heard them talking about a band, named 'Spider Spit'....I know I had to stop and laugh. Spider Spit....LOL!! Will check with Google before I go to bed to see if indeed that is what I heard!!!!

Sleep well guys...
  • RogerToo
    Neat Cadillac and I love the Blue Studebaker Avanti
    EHk1DD.jpg

Now onto the Humor
    So True for both of the following too

vWNcRE.gif

Yi8dRR.gif

EZZhbA.jpg

vt2mmi.jpg

0Gs0xY.jpg

64Qa2N.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 54 on the news channel and 60 degrees on the front porch. I was tired this morning, The Overnight Thunderstorm woke me up at 3AM, I never did manage to get back to a good sleep so I gave up at 5:30 :(
    Later on I need to mow after the grass dries out better from the rain that accompanied the Thunderstorm.

I had the new NS Turkey Pot Pie Melt for lunch Sunday, Tasty, although I still prefer the NS Pepperoni Pizza Melt. I am happy I ordered 7 of them. Today for Lunch I will be trying the new NS Spinach & Cheese Pretzel Melt which I also took a chance on ordering 7 of. I did buy a bunch of the melts A La Carte and some Dinners therefor I will be delaying the upcoming order. I took this step as I am still overloaded with the NS Snacks and I can get Good Dinners substitutes and I use Cereal and hot NS breakfasts alternating them. I use the cereals when I switch to them until the new quart of 1% milk I opened is used up.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Finally took a chance and drove over to the Nail place. hoped that when I left it wouldn't be raining buckets....and WOW...the sun was shining! :) I think that was my 'win' for the day.

Oh, and Lacie probably is a good external hard drive...I think the main problem was me. I had to remember what to unplug from the CPU, and find the cord to plug in...etc. Anyhow, she quit working, and I can't say I was sorry. Ted took it and messed with it, hooked it to something else he had, and said sorcery words over it, and got the pictures that were on it onto a disc for me. Now, Lacie's brain rests in a plain small brown box, residing on a book shelf in the front room with all the other junk I hold onto...I dunno why ....

Oh,half listening to something on the TV, and I swear I heard them talking about a band, named 'Spider Spit'....I know I had to stop and laugh. Spider Spit....LOL!! Will check with Google before I go to bed to see if indeed that is what I heard!!!!

Sleep well guys...

Hi Valerie
    I did data recovery when I was working and I would often the owner of the computer to put the hard drive on the shelf just in case the new one died and think of it as a backup so You are doing what I used to recommend :)

Now I'm curious was it a band called Spider Spit?

Have a Good Day today
    Roger

Hi Ed