Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,731 Member
    Options
    Sudafed is controlled because people can use it to make meth. So you can only buy it in limited quantities, and have to give them your drivers license info and sign your soul away to get it.

But I got some for him. I don't really like it myself, but have to admit it does work better than the more easily available OTC stuff...

More hot soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! This cold is going the normal route. Not sure how much voice I'll have today, but we'll see. I can always write down the most common questions for the customers...

And then I'll have the weekend to recover. A few drops of soup left still, but I might need to make some more this weekend. At least the calendar is clear for the weekend so I can rest! Unless J has other ideas but I suspect not.

Off to the salt races.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning...
    Cats cleaned after, fed, etc. I'm finishing my cup of coffee and then the race begins. :)... (ok, slow walk!)
    Have a list, but its all chores...though I may take myself out for lunch. maybe.

These cats are sneaky... Hoot, the wild one was able to go into the kitchen, and apparently hop up onto the kitchen cabinet without me seeing...and its pretty much in my line of sight. What did catch my eye, was a blur hoping OFF of the cabinet. Hmmmmm.
    I guess its time to start spraying the vinegar-water on the counters? Wonder what else I can put on the counters to deter him/them?
    I finally got Tom E. weighed yesterday...I knew he was a big cat...lean and trim, but 16 pounds. Bunch of cat! And he wasn't happy about the whole thing, and about 5 minutes later he came up to me, and when I reached down to pet his fat head, he bit me!!! Spiteful cat. He forgets who's the doorman/food provider around here!!! LOL!!!

Ed, I hope you get thru the day without too many questions and that you get your voice back and are feeling much better this weekend. If not, pick up J's phone, call Ed the fuel center manager, and tell him you're sick! :) LOL!!

Roger, once again I have not had the news on, so I can only hope you have nice weather, and a pleasant walk. I did have to laugh...d@mn nosey internet. Yesterday when you said you were looking a the Bissell Sweeper I Googled it to be sure we were talking about the same thing....and just hours later an Amazon add on the side of the page I was looking at, fb, popped up an ad for that very Bissell carpet sweeper!

8 bells, and I need to get moving...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was walking again this morning + 13 Cents, One dime and three corroded pennies :)
    It was 10 degrees colder outside than yesterday morning, however it was actually more comfortable with no wind chill today.
    I walked over to the Quick Chek near the Auto repair shop we use and then looped a little further out before returning home. I dropped off a can of Caramel Corn my brother bought from a Boy Scouts Fund Raising drive and a Decent size box of Chocolate candy that was left over from Christmas as two Salt and Vinegar Snack-A-Rounds from NutriSystem than neither of us could eat due to the taste. The Candy is left over as we always have a couple of generic wrapped presents under the tree in case a visitor brings a present, that way we also have one. After a brief discussion we concurred that getting both of the temptations out of the house would be better for losing weight :) Why the Auto Repair Shop? They take good care of us and often do little things with no charge.

Much better weather forecast for the weekend, 50s by day and mid to upper 30s overnight, Yea!

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Roger,
    LOL!! Just read your thoughts about the sweeper! Did you spill popped corn on the carpet again? :) Your Grandma would have called that a 'carpet sweeper'. They were very popular decades ago...
    Sorry you got so cold on your walk today. I hate it when I get cold and just can't warm up.
    Hot soup, hot herbal tea, hot shower :)
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    No spilled Popcorn, Just that my brother tracks in stuff onto the carpet where he puts his shoes and the rest is still good to go.

I remember my one Grandmother had a water bath vacuum cleaner that You had to fill with water to catch the dirt and then wash out when done vacuuming, No bags to replace however.

I used to drag out the Bissel at work for spot cleaning the carpet if a customer tracked something in. Much easier than dragging out the Shark Vacuum cleaner :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Sudafed is controlled because people can use it to make meth. So you can only buy it in limited quantities, and have to give them your drivers license info and sign your soul away to get it.

But I got some for him. I don't really like it myself, but have to admit it does work better than the more easily available OTC stuff...

More hot soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight.
    Hi Ed
    I wondered if it was something like that. Hot Soup and grilled Cheese sounds delicious too.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! This cold is going the normal route. Not sure how much voice I'll have today, but we'll see. I can always write down the most common questions for the customers...

And then I'll have the weekend to recover. A few drops of soup left still, but I might need to make some more this weekend. At least the calendar is clear for the weekend so I can rest! Unless J has other ideas but I suspect not.

Off to the salt races.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Working Retail losing Your voice was not good. Luckily I almost never got sick which was strange in a way when You had all those ill customers come in. They were to sick to go to work but not to ill to shop:) They would come in and start with those deep raspy coughs You get.

Get Well Soonest
    Roger
    Good Friday Morning...
    Cats cleaned after, fed, etc. I'm finishing my cup of coffee and then the race begins. :)... (ok, slow walk!)
    Have a list, but its all chores...though I may take myself out for lunch. maybe.

These cats are sneaky... Hoot, the wild one was able to go into the kitchen, and apparently hop up onto the kitchen cabinet without me seeing...and its pretty much in my line of sight. What did catch my eye, was a blur hoping OFF of the cabinet. Hmmmmm.
    I guess its time to start spraying the vinegar-water on the counters? Wonder what else I can put on the counters to deter him/them?
    I finally got Tom E. weighed yesterday...I knew he was a big cat...lean and trim, but 16 pounds. Bunch of cat! And he wasn't happy about the whole thing, and about 5 minutes later he came up to me, and when I reached down to pet his fat head, he bit me!!! Spiteful cat. He forgets who's the doorman/food provider around here!!! LOL!!!

Ed, I hope you get thru the day without too many questions and that you get your voice back and are feeling much better this weekend. If not, pick up J's phone, call Ed the fuel center manager, and tell him you're sick! :) LOL!!

Roger, once again I have not had the news on, so I can only hope you have nice weather, and a pleasant walk. I did have to laugh...d@mn nosey internet. Yesterday when you said you were looking a the Bissell Sweeper I Googled it to be sure we were talking about the same thing....and just hours later an Amazon add on the side of the page I was looking at, fb, popped up an ad for that very Bissell carpet sweeper!

8 bells, and I need to get moving...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have seen that same sort of thing with Google too. I suspect that the advertisement on Fb was being provided by Google. Amazon is big on sending a email showing things You looked at on their site too.

Ungrateful cats :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Made it through the day OK, and didn't ever really lose my voice, but did use more sugar free menthol cough drops than I really wanted to, as I don't really want to use any at all. Not that fond of menthol cough drops...LOL.

Got in a short nap with Lilo after coming home and eating a small bowl of canned dumplings and chicken. Pondering what to make for dinner or whether to just open a can of soup or chili. Got my CSA box today, as usual, so there are LOTS of vegetables I could use for SOMETHING, if I feel up to it. And, of course, the lettuce needs to be made into salad...I am, as usual, running behind on using the potatoes (just don't EAT that many potatoes) and I've got some rutabagas and carrots and large onions, and loads of broccoli, so perhaps some kind of roasted vegetable casserole...if I feel like cutting up that many vegetables tonight. May end up with a can of soup and making J some scrambled eggs.

If I feel better tomorrow, I'll definitely be doing something with lots of vegetables. I just ate several tiny clementines from last week, and the mango from last week is almost soft enough to be ready to cut up. The sugar gliders like their fruit VERY ripe and as I happen to like mango that way myself, it's a win/win situation. We need to eat that mango up anyway as they sent TWO mangoes this week! Good thing I love mangoes!

We got 4 Valencia oranges today so I'm really looking forward to those. :)

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ed, glad you had a better than expected day at work...and TGIF! Rest this weekend.
    Roasted veggie casserole sounds pretty tasty, and I just finished eating! :)

Hockey tomorrow morning...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I ate the rest of the vegetable soup from the fridge, and a glass of milk. Then laid down for a while...tomorrow I'll do a veggie casserole. I think...

I did actually buy some CANNED SOUP, which is rare for me, so I have that to fall back on. I can generally make soup myself, from scratch, that beats the heck out of anything from a can but sometimes one just doesn't have the energy and some of the canned soups out there now are actually pretty good.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for a while, fed Lilo (who doesn't WANT me typing, as my hands are supposed to be stroking her, the center of the universe) and set out some beef for slow cooking tomorrow maybe. A friend wanted J to go with her on an orchid visit to Woodstock today but I made it clear already that I have no intention of going ANYWHERE this weekend and he and she can enjoy the trip. I slept a bit better last night, I think, but intend to really take it very easy today. Laundry, perhaps, tomorrow, but nothing really today except maybe a few dishes to be washed, naps to be taken, books to be read, cats to be stroked...

I think that sounds like a pretty busy day.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Oh! And drinking tea...did I mention drinking tea? Doing that now.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was around 20 degrees warmer outside when I left the house to walk + 1 Cent. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice too. The Sun is shining and most of the snow has melted.

One more week to make changes to my upcoming order before it closes to changes at 6PM next Sunday the 28th.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Made it through the day OK, and didn't ever really lose my voice, but did use more sugar free menthol cough drops than I really wanted to, as I don't really want to use any at all. Not that fond of menthol cough drops...LOL.

Got in a short nap with Lilo after coming home and eating a small bowl of canned dumplings and chicken. Pondering what to make for dinner or whether to just open a can of soup or chili. Got my CSA box today, as usual, so there are LOTS of vegetables I could use for SOMETHING, if I feel up to it. And, of course, the lettuce needs to be made into salad...I am, as usual, running behind on using the potatoes (just don't EAT that many potatoes) and I've got some rutabagas and carrots and large onions, and loads of broccoli, so perhaps some kind of roasted vegetable casserole...if I feel like cutting up that many vegetables tonight. May end up with a can of soup and making J some scrambled eggs.

If I feel better tomorrow, I'll definitely be doing something with lots of vegetables. I just ate several tiny clementines from last week, and the mango from last week is almost soft enough to be ready to cut up. The sugar gliders like their fruit VERY ripe and as I happen to like mango that way myself, it's a win/win situation. We need to eat that mango up anyway as they sent TWO mangoes this week! Good thing I love mangoes!

We got 4 Valencia oranges today so I'm really looking forward to those. :)

Hi Ed
    Menthol Cough drops are not my favorite either. Mom always liked Fisherman's Friend cough drops.

I though YOu could customize the CSA Box?
    I ate the rest of the vegetable soup from the fridge, and a glass of milk. Then laid down for a while...tomorrow I'll do a veggie casserole. I think...

I did actually buy some CANNED SOUP, which is rare for me, so I have that to fall back on. I can generally make soup myself, from scratch, that beats the heck out of anything from a can but sometimes one just doesn't have the energy and some of the canned soups out there now are actually pretty good.

I think some of the Canned Soups are OK, You do have to watch the sodium levels as they seem to jack that up to improve the taste.

In a similar line, Do you also have the frozen soups in Your freezer section? Our local Texas Weiner always had a decent Pea Soup and home made Croutons as well as what are most likely very fattening Home Made baked goods, especially the Brownies.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Been up for a while, fed Lilo (who doesn't WANT me typing, as my hands are supposed to be stroking her, the center of the universe) and set out some beef for slow cooking tomorrow maybe. A friend wanted J to go with her on an orchid visit to Woodstock today but I made it clear already that I have no intention of going ANYWHERE this weekend and he and she can enjoy the trip. I slept a bit better last night, I think, but intend to really take it very easy today. Laundry, perhaps, tomorrow, but nothing really today except maybe a few dishes to be washed, naps to be taken, books to be read, cats to be stroked...

I think that sounds like a pretty busy day.

Oh! And drinking tea...did I mention drinking tea? Doing that now.

Tea with Honey?

Have a restful Saturday
    Roger
    Ed, glad you had a better than expected day at work...and TGIF! Rest this weekend.
    Roasted veggie casserole sounds pretty tasty, and I just finished eating! :)

Hockey tomorrow morning...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I see You are still keeping busy :)

I'm off to have some breakfast now, at Noon a serving of Roasted Chicken Breast Microwaved with Sweet baby rays BBQ Sauce shredded on a slice of Whole Wheat multi-grain bread. Not sure about lunch yet.
    My latest crop of bananas looked good when bought, however as I am using them lots of bruised brown areas inside. I can't even blame the produce store as these came from the grocery store.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    It officially turned afternoon as I was logging in!! :)...I tried.
    I started some tofu draining, and did a couple little things, like change clothes, when I got home from our hockey WIN! Nate scored his first Hat Trick! I think maybe I was more excited for him than the kid was for himself. The sad thing? His PaPa, (Jenn's Mom's DH) was sick for I think the first time in all the years I've known them, and didn't come to the game. MeMe didn't make it either as she had sinus surgery this week....and his Mom didn't sleep well, and she and Olivia bailed on the game as well! So, I was the only one to hug and congratulate the kid! Well DS1 was there too :) He has to go, he coaches! :) I'm sure there are some folks kicking themselves today!!

I think I'll chop up a big bunch of swiss chard, to go with my fried tofu tonite. If I get that done now, fixing dinner won't be a chore....

Cats are outside, and their chores are done for the morning....looks like I have a pretty free day!

Ed, do rest... tea and honey, some lemon for your kick of Vitamin C. (or you can make a batch of hot toddy's and be happy all afternoon!) LOL!!

Roger, Sweet Baby Ray's....great BBQ sauce. I may use up what's left of my bottle with the tofu batch later this week! I also have a mustard BBQ sauce that's really tasty, and also use it as a dipping sauce sometimes. Its not sweet, but tangy and good!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Woke up early, as usual, but that's fine. I can nap later. I think I'll skip laundry today. I do want to get this round steak into the slow cooker in a couple of hours though, with some carrots and potatoes and such.

Lilo is in my lap again, demanding attention.

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Overcast, showery, but warm! One cat in, and one cat out..arggggg! Both fed.
    Have had my coffee...time to look about breakfast.
    ? ED?? Do your cats get up on counter tops in the kitchen? I didn't think these big boys did, until I saw Hoot jumping OFF of the counter...So, my ?? is how to keep them OFF the counter? Any ideas/help appreciated!
    Roger don't you need a cat? LOL!!!
    I am considering...steam cleaning the living room carpet, without moving tooo much of the furniture. Then I'll have Stanley Steamer in later this spring...the Bissell has been moved to the living room...so, that's a start!! :smiley:

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did get out walking and extended my distance somewhat, 8.5K steps, no money :) The Weather is still nice outside, Rain in the forecast to move in by late afternoon or evening into early Monday Morning.

I'll be heading off to the Acme later for the case water that is on sale and to look at the lean Cuisine that is on sale to see if it works On Plan for NS.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    It officially turned afternoon as I was logging in!! :)...I tried.
    I started some tofu draining, and did a couple little things, like change clothes, when I got home from our hockey WIN! Nate scored his first Hat Trick! I think maybe I was more excited for him than the kid was for himself. The sad thing? His PaPa, (Jenn's Mom's DH) was sick for I think the first time in all the years I've known them, and didn't come to the game. MeMe didn't make it either as she had sinus surgery this week....and his Mom didn't sleep well, and she and Olivia bailed on the game as well! So, I was the only one to hug and congratulate the kid! Well DS1 was there too :) He has to go, he coaches! :) I'm sure there are some folks kicking themselves today!!

I think I'll chop up a big bunch of swiss chard, to go with my fried tofu tonite. If I get that done now, fixing dinner won't be a chore....

Cats are outside, and their chores are done for the morning....looks like I have a pretty free day!

Ed, do rest... tea and honey, some lemon for your kick of Vitamin C. (or you can make a batch of hot toddy's and be happy all afternoon!) LOL!!

Roger, Sweet Baby Ray's....great BBQ sauce. I may use up what's left of my bottle with the tofu batch later this week! I also have a mustard BBQ sauce that's really tasty, and also use it as a dipping sauce sometimes. Its not sweet, but tangy and good!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I often,Mostly, Use the BBQ sauce as a dipping sauce.

Good game from the sound of it, and You were there for Nate's hat trick, yea! I'm sure he appreciated that.
    Good Sunday Morning!
    ? ED?? Do your cats get up on counter tops in the kitchen? I didn't think these big boys did, until I saw Hoot jumping OFF of the counter...So, my ?? is how to keep them OFF the counter? Any ideas/help appreciated!
    I am considering...steam cleaning the living room carpet, without moving tooo much of the furniture. Then I'll have Stanley Steamer in later this spring...the Bissell has been moved to the living room...so, that's a start!! :smiley:

Later...

The nice thing about Stanley Steamer is how good they are about moving things to get every square inch and the way it looks unchanged, only cleaner when they are done. They did a much better job than we did with the home rug cleaner too.

I know of no way to keep the cats off of the counter, just resign yourself to cleaning it before placing food on it.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Woke up early, as usual, but that's fine. I can nap later. I think I'll skip laundry today. I do want to get this round steak into the slow cooker in a couple of hours though, with some carrots and potatoes and such.

Lilo is in my lap again, demanding attention.

Hi Ed
    You keep reminding me that I have a slow cooker and I should use it. I have some thin cut boneless pork chops in the freezer to cook one way or another. Any suggestions for Slow cooking them, Defrost overnight comes to mind, then into the slow cooker with some of the Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and liquid so they marinate in the BBQ water as they cook.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning!

Later...

My current cats do not get up on the kitchen counters. Not that we actually have a lot of ROOM for them to jump up there anyway. It did take some training though. I've heard that putting crinkly aluminum foil on the counters will keep them off, but never tried that myself. Or doublesided sticky tape, but that's messy to clean up after.

Twyst and Figaro used to spend quite a bit of time up on the cabinet tops in Memphis but I didn't really worry about it. They got down OK. I learned to keep the bar stools at the breakfast bar tucked under as that was their route up...bar stool - breakfast counter - amazing, unbelievable leap to cabinet top...where they could survey their domain from above. Then another amazing leap over the sink (where there were no cabinets) to the OTHER cabinet top, from whence they could get to the top of the refrigerator. I was worried that they might hurt themselves coming down, but they knew to use the counter route rather than jumping straight to the floor.

Ariel and Lilo did try a little bit here in Georgia but we just kept the areas they leapt to (straight from the floor!) cluttered for a while so they gave up trying.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be thundershowers and warm today.

I feel quite a bit better after the weekend, but a bit weak and wobbly. I would love another day to rest but that's not happening so I'll just have to take it as easily as I can at work.

Off to the rat mines!

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Morning, Rainy Monday! (talk about adding insult to injury!)
    Ed...thanks for the counter top/cats help. I knew there was something 'simple' to put on the counter tops, I just couldn't remember what I'd read, or where... I've had indoor dogs, indoor cats is a new experience! Especially Wild Woods Kitty's!!
    I think I must have a 'mean streak'...I had 3 of those little aluminum grill pans. (fit nicely in the toaster oven)...so I set them out on the counter top, just a little back from the edge, and put about half a cup of water in each one!! I figured to jump up and land in that would be a great deterrent. Everything was still in place this morning...so I'm guessing no jumping last night. I'd already started setting non-breakables at the edge of the counter tops...its a pain to have to move it all every morning, but.....
    I well know how they can JUMP! Tom E. @ 12 y.o., makes a run at the 8 ft privacy fence, and one good leap and he's BALANCED on the top of the 1 inch wide fence! Amazes me!

Enough about cats... HI ROGER!! Still dark outside, not currently raining, 59 degrees! Thats 'Walkin' Weather'!!! :) Curious, did you buy the Bissell carpet sweeper?? I'm still being directed to their sales page on Amazon..either by that annoying 'Ad Choice' or when I go to the Amazon site.

Laundry today, and not sure what else I'll get into. I do need to go check the date I last installed the furnace filter. I think it was a year ago. (These $50 filters which is what my furnace requires) fortunately do last that long, and keep the house pretty dust free...and I'm beginning to see dust on flat surfaces..makes one go 'Hmmmmm?'

Bought some Goji Berries yesterday...weird little things, but nutritious as all get out! Not something I'd eat out of hand, but not bad and a little sweet tasting in my morning oatmeal. Oh, and as soon as I find a local CHINESE market I can buy them on the cheap as Lycium Berries! I tried the H-Mart..which is a Korean Chain store. No luck. In fact no one even acted like they understood what I was talking about. Grrrrr!

Ok, coffee's cold.
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went back out for a short walk yesterday afternoon to pick up something at one of the dollar stores that I had forgotten to get at the Acme. 14.5K total steps.
    Today is slightly cooler but OK + 1corroded penny. 8.5k steps so far including another drive to the Acme. They had water on sale with a limit of two. I also picked up a organic Gummi Worms today and a organic Gummi Bears yesterday as they were free. They will will be dropped off somewhere as the price was right. I also picked up some Michelinas entrees at 4 for $5, and some Lean Cuisine whose statistics looked OK. They were 5 for $10 for some and $2.49 for others of a upscale Lean Cuisine. The Macaroni & Beef I had for dinner last night was tasty too, so I picked up a couple more today as well as other flavors. The carbohydrates are a little high, OTOH looking at some Shelf Stable NS Entrees I see 30g to 37g so I can work them in by dropping one of the two Clementines I add as a SC :)

Classic Macaroni & Beef
    Calories 270
    Fat 5g
    Fiber 3g
    Protein 13g
    Sodium 530mg
    Carbohydrates 43g

With the Frozen Entrees I picked up I am back in balance on meals as it was dinners I was light on so I think I will delay my order further.

Probably CostCo for Frozen vegetables & Paper goods later this week or early next week.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Supposed to be thundershowers and warm today.

I feel quite a bit better after the weekend, but a bit weak and wobbly. I would love another day to rest but that's not happening so I'll just have to take it as easily as I can at work.

Off to the rat mines!

Hi Ed
    I hope You are feeling better Soon
    Have a Good Day ate work
    Roger
    Good Morning, Rainy Monday! (talk about adding insult to injury!)
    Ed...thanks for the counter top/cats help. I knew there was something 'simple' to put on the counter tops, I just couldn't remember what I'd read, or where... I've had indoor dogs, indoor cats is a new experience! Especially Wild Woods Kitty's!!
    I think I must have a 'mean streak'...I had 3 of those little aluminum grill pans. (fit nicely in the toaster oven)...so I set them out on the counter top, just a little back from the edge, and put about half a cup of water in each one!! I figured to jump up and land in that would be a great deterrent. Everything was still in place this morning...so I'm guessing no jumping last night. I'd already started setting non-breakables at the edge of the counter tops...its a pain to have to move it all every morning, but.....
    I well know how they can JUMP! Tom E. @ 12 y.o., makes a run at the 8 ft privacy fence, and one good leap and he's BALANCED on the top of the 1 inch wide fence! Amazes me!

Enough about cats... HI ROGER!! Still dark outside, not currently raining, 59 degrees! Thats 'Walkin' Weather'!!! :) Curious, did you buy the Bissell carpet sweeper?? I'm still being directed to their sales page on Amazon..either by that annoying 'Ad Choice' or when I go to the Amazon site.

Laundry today, and not sure what else I'll get into. I do need to go check the date I last installed the furnace filter. I think it was a year ago. (These $50 filters which is what my furnace requires) fortunately do last that long, and keep the house pretty dust free...and I'm beginning to see dust on flat surfaces..makes one go 'Hmmmmm?'

Bought some Goji Berries yesterday...weird little things, but nutritious as all get out! Not something I'd eat out of hand, but not bad and a little sweet tasting in my morning oatmeal. Oh, and as soon as I find a local CHINESE market I can buy them on the cheap as Lycium Berries! I tried the H-Mart..which is a Korean Chain store. No luck. In fact no one even acted like they understood what I was talking about. Grrrrr!

Ok, coffee's cold.
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    Hopefully that solves the leaping cat problem :)

We have had several days of good walking weather, tomorrow morning is supposed to be colder, hopefully not to cold, heavy Rain Wednesday into Thursday morning according to the latest forecast :(

Nope I did not buy the Bissel yet. I am in economizing mode...

I Always figured that a dirty filter actually filters better but has a reduced air flow as the trade off.

Yuck, Cold Coffee, Of course I never liked Ice Coffee or Iced Tea either.

Good Luck finding a inexpensive source for the berries.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Supposed to be rainy all day. We'll see about that. Didn't rain all that much yesterday until afternoon.

Valerie, you might try Hong Kong market, just east of I-85 on Jimmy Carter for your berries. I believe it's a Chinese market more than others. There's also another market on Pleasant Hill but I forget what its name is...have only passed it once or twice as it's further east than I usually go on Pleasant Hill, on the north side of the road.

Off to the salt races.