Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    The weather outside is/was light snow. I was walking, the roads are clear and the sidewalks mostly so. Currently either we are in a lull or the snow is done already :)
    There is snow on the grass however. In deference to the weather I did wear my heavy insulated boots that have a much deeper thread than my walking shoes.

Tracking shows my NutriSystem Gift Cards from CostCo are shipped and transferred to the Mail Innovations facility in Morrow, GA with a Projected Delivery Date: 03/09/2016

Just in time to use for the extra A La Carte items I added to my upcoming order. What have I added, Protein shakes and Snacks mostly with a few of the Shelf Stable lunches I like and I will add some of the Lean Cuisine Entrees so I can then extend the time between the upcoming delivery and the one following :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Cold now but supposed to be around 60 later, cloudy but no rain. I like that!

One of my banks has issued a "replacement" check card (changing from MC to Visa) but the replacement has my unmarried name on it. We had to go to the bank TWICE last year to get all that, supposedly, fixed up, spending quite a lot of time at the bank and signing a lot of papers.

When I called the service number on the back of the card (rather than the activation number) I was told by the smarmy young man at the other end that I'd "have to go to the bank, with the card" to get this fixed. I didn't argue with him, just thanked him for his time and then sent a smoking letter to the bank via the online "Contact Us" link pointing out that we DID go to the bank, last year, TWICE, to get all this worked out and that they have my correct, legal name in their records all over the place. I also said that my having to go to the bank and bring the card to get this fixed was just NOT ACCEPTABLE and that if it turned out this was necessary I might well just decide that since I have to go there I can also decide to take my business elsewhere hereafter. We'll see how that flies, but this is ridiculous.

Rant off.

Off to the salt races!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

Hi Ed
    That sounds like the way I was treated a few years ago when I called a bank to complain about their raising my Credit Card Rate. I was bluntly asked I I wanted to close the card, So I said yes and paid off the balance ASAP, Bleep Them. Why did they raise the rate, as near as I could figure out it was to raise revenue to pay for buying the bank the card was with.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...TGIF
    Going to lunch any minute now with Marietta...so if this ends abruptly, its because she called and is on her way!
    Roger, good for you...its not that difficult to be welcomed by a new bank. When lived in Jersey I had a nearby bank, that I hated. But knew my time there was very short term, so let it slide. Not so here in GA...Loved my first bank...it was bought out by another, and then that bank was sold to one of the 'big 5 banks, who ultimately sold out to a bunch from CA....and they were the worst. So, took myself and my few pennies off to a credit union! Had enough of the American Banking monkeys. :)

Ed...changing banks, would certainly end your name issues!

Gotta go.....

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,712 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Woke very early, for a Saturday, but it was nearly 4:00 so I got on up anyway and got breakfast for Lilo and for myself. Just finished my first cup of tea and will get the next one in a bit, even if I have to evict Lilo from my lap to do it.

It's 34 degrees out there, according to the weather page.

As far as the bank goes, they "responded" to my smoking letter of disapproval about the "replacement" card by stating they had forwarded the complaint to the ATM department. Since we have three accounts there, one joint, we rather expect to receive three more "replacement" cards, apparently sent just to give us chipped cards, I was mistaken about them changing from MC to Visa. The old card is Visa too.

Didn't receive any more yesterday, but the weekend is young!

Once we've received all four cards, we can see how the naming is on all of them and do one massive complaint. At the least, if we do have to visit the bank, we will want assurance that they can get our names CORRECT in their ATM department as well as every other department, because I absolutely will NOT be spending any of my time visiting the bank to correct this three years down the road when the replacement cards expire.

Val, is the name change game always THIS frustrating? You would think that once it's been done at a given institution that you would be through with it there...wouldn't you? Have we made things so complicated that even in a single banking institution the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

In other news, last year during "open season" I initially made a request to change my Blue Cross insurance from "self only" to "self plus one" to include J. But then HIS work refused to allow him to change and cancel his health insurance, until next year's open season for them, so, before my open season was over, I changed my election back to "self only", which seemed to settle the matter.

Until...Blue Cross sent me a new set of ID cards showing Self Plus One at the beginning of the year. Apparently the Office of Personnel Management computer sent that change request immediately to Blue Cross, rather than waiting until the end of open season. Presumably that would be a good idea to expedite the change at the beginning of the new Calendar year, except that the OPM computer did NOT then change my "current" code to show that, as we were not yet in the new Calendar year.

When I changed my election back to "self only" the OPM computer said that this would overlay any changes that I had already made. Sounds good, right?

But...as I later found out after getting Blue Cross to query OPM (at least ONCE I got the agencies to talk to each other, not that it helped) the Blue Cross rep claimed that the OPM person said that my last "change" request was FROM "self only" TO "self only" and so wasn't valid and I needed to do another. Well OPEN SEASON was long gone, so that wasn't happening. I pointed out that this conversation indicated that my enrollment was, indeed, supposed to be "self only" and Blue Cross helpfully said that I would have to get OPM to officially tell them that.

So...I contacted OPM and requested that someone contact Blue Cross (thinking maybe that if I had the contact come from the other side that this would take care of it) and let them know that the change was in error and that my enrollment was supposed to be self only.

OPM, after much delay, responded to me with a curt note verifying, to me, that my enrollment code was self only...nothing to Blue Cross, just telling me what I already knew. I contacted Blue Cross again and explained that, again, feeling rather stuck in the middle since I have NO FREAKING IDEA what forms, signatures, etc. have to be shared back and forth between the agencies, begging Blue Cross to PLEASE contact OPM and work it out between the agencies.

Nope. Blue Cross helpfully told me that they took my word that my enrollment was supposed to be self only, but that they couldn't change that without a form xxxx from a specific OPM office to the Blue Cross Enrollment Office to CANCEL the change. Well, this seems like progress as someone is finally telling me exactly what form is needed...though I still say if Blue Cross would just contact OPM directly and ask for that #$%^&*@ form this would be expedited...but no.

So currently I have contacted OPM again, requesting they send the #$%^&*@ form xxxx to Blue Cross so that we can ALL AGREE that my enrollment is SELF ONLY for this Calendar year, hopefully sometime before my head explodes.

Oh, I also had pointed out to Blue Cross that if they would take note of how much OPM and I are paying, they would see that we are only paying for SELF ONLY, and not for SELF PLUS ONE. This didn't seem to impress them either...but at least it hasn't, so far, affected any of my prescription benefits or doctor payments this year. I guess it won't unless we attempt (we won't, of course) to send any of J's bill to Blue Cross.

Ah, bureaucracy. Where would we be without it? Probably in a much nicer place, actually.

I guess I could contact the Bureau of Bureaus and make a complaint...I wouldn't be surprised if we have one of those.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I got out walking a smidgen Late (technical term for the duration). My Goal was to be out the door at 7:45 AM and I did was not headed out the door until 7:46 :)
    My First Stop was 7 Eleven for Coffee, then on my way with a pass by the bank when it opened at 9 AM, I got there a smidgen early too at 8:58. I ended up with 8.5K steps when I got home. The Temperature was 5 degrees cooler than yesterday for the same time, It warmed up nicely towards the end of the walk. I finished off the Playlist of episodes of the Shadow OTR broadcasts for the 40s. Interesting advertising I heard was for the US Coast Guard, It started out with a Submarine planning an attack on US Shipping and getting sunk by the Coast Guard, then went into Join the Coast Guard :) Also A Commercial for Blue Coal and Scheduling deliveries at the start of the heating season to to allow the dealer to optimize deliveries to minimize fuel use and tire wear. As well as tips on conserving coal.

According to tracking my NS Gift cards are in Bridgeport, NJ. I am guessing that means no way will they be delivered until Monday at the earliest :)

Have a great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. Just for fun, Fill in the Blank: "The Weed of crime bears bitter fruit, the ______ knows"
    Good Morning...TGIF
    Going to lunch any minute now with Marietta...so if this ends abruptly, its because she called and is on her way!
    Roger, good for you...its not that difficult to be welcomed by a new bank. When lived in Jersey I had a nearby bank, that I hated. But knew my time there was very short term, so let it slide. Not so here in GA...Loved my first bank...it was bought out by another, and then that bank was sold to one of the 'big 5 banks, who ultimately sold out to a bunch from CA....and they were the worst. So, took myself and my few pennies off to a credit union! Had enough of the American Banking monkeys. :)

Ed...changing banks, would certainly end your name issues!

Gotta go.....

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Does the bank you disliked use a stage coach in their Logo? They treat me and my brother OK FWIW. Of course they know me since I have been banking there for at least two name changes and my brother much longer. The Best Bank is my Local Savings bank of course. Why the are so much slower than the Big bank chain location across the side street from them is beyond me. I do get free checking from both of the banks. One gets my SSI deposit and the other one I deposit my Pension check into, Why put all Your eggs into one basket. This way is either one has problems I have a backup :)

Have a Enjoyable Weekend
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! Woke very early, for a Saturday, but it was nearly 4:00 so I got on up anyway and got breakfast for Lilo and for myself. Just finished my first cup of tea and will get the next one in a bit, even if I have to evict Lilo from my lap to do it.

It's 34 degrees out there, according to the weather page.

As far as the bank goes, they "responded" to my smoking letter of disapproval about the "replacement" card by stating they had forwarded the complaint to the ATM department. Since we have three accounts there, one joint, we rather expect to receive three more "replacement" cards, apparently sent just to give us chipped cards, I was mistaken about them changing from MC to Visa. The old card is Visa too.

Didn't receive any more yesterday, but the weekend is young!

Once we've received all four cards, we can see how the naming is on all of them and do one massive complaint. At the least, if we do have to visit the bank, we will want assurance that they can get our names CORRECT in their ATM department as well as every other department, because I absolutely will NOT be spending any of my time visiting the bank to correct this three years down the road when the replacement cards expire.

Val, is the name change game always THIS frustrating? You would think that once it's been done at a given institution that you would be through with it there...wouldn't you? Have we made things so complicated that even in a single banking institution the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

In other news, last year during "open season" I initially made a request to change my Blue Cross insurance from "self only" to "self plus one" to include J. But then HIS work refused to allow him to change and cancel his health insurance, until next year's open season for them, so, before my open season was over, I changed my election back to "self only", which seemed to settle the matter.

Until...Blue Cross sent me a new set of ID cards showing Self Plus One at the beginning of the year. Apparently the Office of Personnel Management computer sent that change request immediately to Blue Cross, rather than waiting until the end of open season. Presumably that would be a good idea to expedite the change at the beginning of the new Calendar year, except that the OPM computer did NOT then change my "current" code to show that, as we were not yet in the new Calendar year.

When I changed my election back to "self only" the OPM computer said that this would overlay any changes that I had already made. Sounds good, right?

But...as I later found out after getting Blue Cross to query OPM (at least ONCE I got the agencies to talk to each other, not that it helped) the Blue Cross rep claimed that the OPM person said that my last "change" request was FROM "self only" TO "self only" and so wasn't valid and I needed to do another. Well OPEN SEASON was long gone, so that wasn't happening. I pointed out that this conversation indicated that my enrollment was, indeed, supposed to be "self only" and Blue Cross helpfully said that I would have to get OPM to officially tell them that.

So...I contacted OPM and requested that someone contact Blue Cross (thinking maybe that if I had the contact come from the other side that this would take care of it) and let them know that the change was in error and that my enrollment was supposed to be self only.

OPM, after much delay, responded to me with a curt note verifying, to me, that my enrollment code was self only...nothing to Blue Cross, just telling me what I already knew. I contacted Blue Cross again and explained that, again, feeling rather stuck in the middle since I have NO FREAKING IDEA what forms, signatures, etc. have to be shared back and forth between the agencies, begging Blue Cross to PLEASE contact OPM and work it out between the agencies.

Nope. Blue Cross helpfully told me that they took my word that my enrollment was supposed to be self only, but that they couldn't change that without a form xxxx from a specific OPM office to the Blue Cross Enrollment Office to CANCEL the change. Well, this seems like progress as someone is finally telling me exactly what form is needed...though I still say if Blue Cross would just contact OPM directly and ask for that #$%^&*@ form this would be expedited...but no.

So currently I have contacted OPM again, requesting they send the #$%^&*@ form xxxx to Blue Cross so that we can ALL AGREE that my enrollment is SELF ONLY for this Calendar year, hopefully sometime before my head explodes.

Oh, I also had pointed out to Blue Cross that if they would take note of how much OPM and I are paying, they would see that we are only paying for SELF ONLY, and not for SELF PLUS ONE. This didn't seem to impress them either...but at least it hasn't, so far, affected any of my prescription benefits or doctor payments this year. I guess it won't unless we attempt (we won't, of course) to send any of J's bill to Blue Cross.

Ah, bureaucracy. Where would we be without it? Probably in a much nicer place, actually.

I guess I could contact the Bureau of Bureaus and make a complaint...I wouldn't be surprised if we have one of those.

Hi Ed
    It isn't that easy to open a bank account these days either, Much more forms of ID needed. Probably a Federal Regulation.

If I said better You than me dealing with a Big Bank and Blue Cross :)

I do not deal well with being told I can not do what I want done. I have ended up Yelling at the poor Customer Service person on the phone, They did escalate it for me in the end. Probably to get rid of me. I have also ended up yelling at the IVR phone system "Give Me a Real Person" Until it gives up and sends me to a real live Human :)

These days they really do not want to connect You to a real person unless absolutely necessary and they seem to work at making that hard too. I had to contact one of the Credit Reporting companies. There was no option to speak to a live person :( WTH!

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Afternoon...its 12:07 as I begin.
    Had a great time yesterday talking with M and eating 2 bowls of the special soup this month..its a tomato soup that is excellent! (made in house like all of their soups) I saw one of my very fav. former gym members and we also had a great few minutes together. He was the guy that was just as calm, polite, etc. and frequently I would round the corner into the back area of the gym, to be eye level with his FEET. He would walk on his hands as part of his 'routine'. LOL!!

Ed, good grief...life is not supposed to be so difficult...but no, (alas) right and left hands no longer can communicate without going thru multi channels...usually to the detriment of the original issue.

One drain in my eroding yard, and the second to be done today. I was amazed at how much they got done yesterday. Two guys, trenching with shovels, because of the maple tree roots.
    Hoping to get a little grass (fescue) to grow to help hold the disturbed soil. It won't live, much to shady for any grass...but for 'awhile' it will help. Also putting in a big bed of Black Mondo Grass....it's so neat...dark green, grows about 2 inches tall, never needs mowing, etc.

Ok, need to fold a few towels and get some tofu draining...want to bake it for dinner, and something for lunch protein tomorrow.. I cooked some garbanzo beans this morning, and just made a container of killer hummus! Will freeze the rest of the beans...maybe 6 cups? I love this pressure cooker...I did soak the beans overnight...14 minutes in the IP, a few minutes for the steam to release and I had 'just right' cooked beans! Its just that easy. I added 1 cup of Pacific Vegetable broth/water mix...and that was all I had to do. Cooked 6 cups of soaked beans. Talk about 'cheap' eats!! :)

Hmmm, when I moved from banking to Credit Union, I only needed my Drivers License, and $10 bucks to start the savings account. I had a check from the pathetic folks of the 'Stage Coach' as you called them Roger.

Couple more other chores, and then the day is 'mine'. :)

Later...

• Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    So...what happens if I say, "I'm baaaacccckkkk"? Will anyone know who it is? Or is that like the question, if a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

How's everyone here? Yes - I know I could take the next several days and sit, bleary-eyed, around the clock, and read all your posts from the last - I can't recall since when!. While I would like to do that, I know it isn't a happening thing. But I am glad to see the familiar names (Val, Ed, and, if I remember correctly, Roger - from New Hampshire or Vermont? Sorry, can't recall which of the New England states).

Life here is busy, as I knew it would be. And, while I am still busy, I miss checking in with you folks, and hope just a bit of connecting between now and the end of April (when some major work is completed) is enough of a booster shot from all of you that I can enjoy the connection.

Val, how is the granddaughter? Doing well? I know you had so many concerns in the past about her in the school setting. Everything fine with your son, Ed? And Roger - if you are the gentleman I am thinking of - you must be itching to get back on the motorcycle for the start of the season. And if you are a different gentleman, just picture yourself enjoying life on a motorcycle!

All fine here. Hope you don't mind my stepping back in. Please take care.

And to Roger, thanks for the announcement about the Costco NS cards; I was looking for the dates!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! A bit cool out there right now, but supposed to get into the mid 60s today with zero chance of rain.

I've been up for a while. Fed Lilo, but she hasn't been off to breakfast yet, preferring to hang out with me in the office space, and fed myself. I will make my first cup of tea in a minute.

Welcome back Leemom3, even if only for a short visit. Just to briefly recap what's going on, never change your name with your current bank and don't ever change your insurance election unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE, as changing it back before open season ends apparently bumfuzzles the computers and the people seem to take forever to get a clue as to what actually needs to be done to fix it, if they ever do...

OK. I've finished my orange flavored not-juice drink with vitamin C and Lilo is asleep in the cat bed, on the floor, next to me so I think it may be safe to make my first cup of tea!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning!
    As I type I have a smile on my face....Welcome Back LeeMom3! Of course we remember you! I tried to send you a private message, and it came back saying their server had an error, and they noted that!
    Roger no doubt is right now out walking the streets of NJ. hopefully its not toooo cold this morning. I will say Roger, you are a trooper....you walk in rain, snow, heat...much better than me!!!
    Ed...I take it you're still having issues with the bank and your insurance...I feel your pain! But, for today, if you can, set it aside, and enjoy what should be a beautiful spring day in GA!!!
    My furry house guests have eaten, and asked to go outside for the day! :) I may or may not see them about noon, but for sure they'll be back early evening looking for a meal!!! :)
    They don't know it, but today is flea application day! Tom E. I could probably do at any time, but Hoot...I have to get his drops on his shoulders while he's engrossed in eating!

I think I'll head for the kitchen and breakfast, and then back to fb and twitter. DS1's little hockey team is playing today in the final rounds of the hockey tourney in Nashville, TN. Nate is having a blast they tell me. I elected to stay home. 4 days away was not going to work with the cats. And since my little neighbor girl is already feeding them this month for my week at the beach..I couldn't ask for an additional 4 days.......
    Fortunately, I'm seeing pix, and comments from DIL, and her Mom! Tweets from DS1 post game. They got to see the Predators game Thursday night, and the kids LOVED it. As, needless to day did the adults. Nates' games on Fri, and Sat were 1 loss, and 2 wins...hence their playing in the playoffs today!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Re-reading the last paragraph...it was 'confusing' to say the least. I'll try again.
    Nate plays Mite level Ice Hockey with his team in Cumming GA...those are the games I go to on Saturday's...and he's on the 'select' Bandits team...those are the Sunday games I attend. My son DS1, is the coach for that team. Its his first time coaching a team and they're doing well.
    They have gone to Nashville TN and are playing in a Tournament there... Player and Coach are having a really good time, and their second win, yesterday evening, was against a team from Knoxville TN..which is where both of my sons learned to ice skate and played house league and travel league Ice Hockey....so yesterday's win against K'town was super sweet for DS1!! I hope they do well today, but win or lose they've had a great time, and thats all that DS1 was hoping for. (thats what first hockey tourneys are for, right?....having a good time and playing your sport!)

Ok....now FOOD!!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went out walking once again, Currently after coming home and then going shopping at the Acme I am at 9266 steps. It was a little cold out, According to the weather forecast I just saw She thinks we will not see any below freezing temperatures all week, Yea!

At the Acme I bought some Smart Ones Entrees and a Desert to try as they were on sale at 6 for $10 = $1.67 each, Then since I bought more than six the cashier pulled a coupon off of one for $2 off 7 Smart Ones which lowered the price even more :) Some of the Items looked pretty good to me so I hope They are OK. Pretty cheap. I think I may push back my NS order
    another week as when I was in the basement freezer it is nearly full already and the Kitchen Freezer section is pretty full too.

From this mornings news broadcast, Today is national Oreo Day :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Good Afternoon...its 12:07 as I begin.
    Had a great time yesterday talking with M and eating 2 bowls of the special soup this month..its a tomato soup that is excellent! (made in house like all of their soups) I saw one of my very fav. former gym members and we also had a great few minutes together. He was the guy that was just as calm, polite, etc. and frequently I would round the corner into the back area of the gym, to be eye level with his FEET. He would walk on his hands as part of his 'routine'. LOL!!

Ed, good grief...life is not supposed to be so difficult...but no, (alas) right and left hands no longer can communicate without going thru multi channels...usually to the detriment of the original issue.

One drain in my eroding yard, and the second to be done today. I was amazed at how much they got done yesterday. Two guys, trenching with shovels, because of the maple tree roots.
    Hoping to get a little grass (fescue) to grow to help hold the disturbed soil. It won't live, much to shady for any grass...but for 'awhile' it will help. Also putting in a big bed of Black Mondo Grass....it's so neat...dark green, grows about 2 inches tall, never needs mowing, etc.

Ok, need to fold a few towels and get some tofu draining...want to bake it for dinner, and something for lunch protein tomorrow.. I cooked some garbanzo beans this morning, and just made a container of killer hummus! Will freeze the rest of the beans...maybe 6 cups? I love this pressure cooker...I did soak the beans overnight...14 minutes in the IP, a few minutes for the steam to release and I had 'just right' cooked beans! Its just that easy. I added 1 cup of Pacific Vegetable broth/water mix...and that was all I had to do. Cooked 6 cups of soaked beans. Talk about 'cheap' eats!! :)

Hmmm, when I moved from banking to Credit Union, I only needed my Drivers License, and $10 bucks to start the savings account. I had a check from the pathetic folks of the 'Stage Coach' as you called them Roger.

Couple more other chores, and then the day is 'mine'. :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Sorry to hear that Your yard is eroding. There are grasses that handle shade with no problem. A non chain store garden center might be able to suggest something better than a chain store, Not sure. Also there are ground covers You could investigate using.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Leemom3 wrote: »
    So...what happens if I say, "I'm baaaacccckkkk"? Will anyone know who it is? Or is that like the question, if a tree falls in the forest, and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

How's everyone here? Yes - I know I could take the next several days and sit, bleary-eyed, around the clock, and read all your posts from the last - I can't recall since when!. While I would like to do that, I know it isn't a happening thing. But I am glad to see the familiar names (Val, Ed, and, if I remember correctly, Roger - from New Hampshire or Vermont? Sorry, can't recall which of the New England states).

Life here is busy, as I knew it would be. And, while I am still busy, I miss checking in with you folks, and hope just a bit of connecting between now and the end of April (when some major work is completed) is enough of a booster shot from all of you that I can enjoy the connection.

Val, how is the granddaughter? Doing well? I know you had so many concerns in the past about her in the school setting. Everything fine with your son, Ed? And Roger - if you are the gentleman I am thinking of - you must be itching to get back on the motorcycle for the start of the season. And if you are a different gentleman, just picture yourself enjoying life on a motorcycle!

All fine here. Hope you don't mind my stepping back in. Please take care.

And to Roger, thanks for the announcement about the Costco NS cards; I was looking for the dates!

Hi
    I remember You too, Nope I'm not the new England Motorcycle riding guy, I know who You mean I just can not pull up the name from memory right now, I'm the old geezer from New Jersey.

If You think it would help I am in a 100% challenge, Might be the last of that long running series of 100% challenges that used to be on NS. People have been slowly dropping off since the move to here. If You are Interested let me know I'll post a link. I started it the 29th of February. If anyone else joins I will do the spreadsheet, as right now it is just me I'm not bothering with the SS. It was running back in 2010 and possibly before that, Oh well, sad to see something go but life goes on.

Enjoy the Sunday
    Roget
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! A bit cool out there right now, but supposed to get into the mid 60s today with zero chance of rain.

I've been up for a while. Fed Lilo, but she hasn't been off to breakfast yet, preferring to hang out with me in the office space, and fed myself. I will make my first cup of tea in a minute.

Welcome back Leemom3, even if only for a short visit. Just to briefly recap what's going on, never change your name with your current bank and don't ever change your insurance election unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE, as changing it back before open season ends apparently bumfuzzles the computers and the people seem to take forever to get a clue as to what actually needs to be done to fix it, if they ever do...

OK. I've finished my orange flavored not-juice drink with vitamin C and Lilo is asleep in the cat bed, on the floor, next to me so I think it may be safe to make my first cup of tea!

Hi Ed
    You make that sound so not appetizing when You say "orange flavored not-juice drink" :)

Temperatures in the 40s here today, maybe up to 70 by Wednesday however.

Good Luck getting Your paperwork straightened out quickly
    Roger
    Good Sunday Morning!
    As I type I have a smile on my face....Welcome Back LeeMom3! Of course we remember you! I tried to send you a private message, and it came back saying their server had an error, and they noted that!
    Roger no doubt is right now out walking the streets of NJ. hopefully its not toooo cold this morning. I will say Roger, you are a trooper....you walk in rain, snow, heat...much better than me!!!
    Ed...I take it you're still having issues with the bank and your insurance...I feel your pain! But, for today, if you can, set it aside, and enjoy what should be a beautiful spring day in GA!!!
    My furry house guests have eaten, and asked to go outside for the day! :) I may or may not see them about noon, but for sure they'll be back early evening looking for a meal!!! :)
    They don't know it, but today is flea application day! Tom E. I could probably do at any time, but Hoot...I have to get his drops on his shoulders while he's engrossed in eating!

I think I'll head for the kitchen and breakfast, and then back to fb and twitter. DS1's little hockey team is playing today in the final rounds of the hockey tourney in Nashville, TN. Nate is having a blast they tell me. I elected to stay home. 4 days away was not going to work with the cats. And since my little neighbor girl is already feeding them this month for my week at the beach..I couldn't ask for an additional 4 days.......
    Fortunately, I'm seeing pix, and comments from DIL, and her Mom! Tweets from DS1 post game. They got to see the Predators game Thursday night, and the kids LOVED it. As, needless to day did the adults. Nates' games on Fri, and Sat were 1 loss, and 2 wins...hence their playing in the playoffs today!

Later...
    Re-reading the last paragraph...it was 'confusing' to say the least. I'll try again.
    Nate plays Mite level Ice Hockey with his team in Cumming GA...those are the games I go to on Saturday's...and he's on the 'select' Bandits team...those are the Sunday games I attend. My son DS1, is the coach for that team. Its his first time coaching a team and they're doing well.
    They have gone to Nashville TN and are playing in a Tournament there... Player and Coach are having a really good time, and their second win, yesterday evening, was against a team from Knoxville TN..which is where both of my sons learned to ice skate and played house league and travel league Ice Hockey....so yesterday's win against K'town was super sweet for DS1!! I hope they do well today, but win or lose they've had a great time, and thats all that DS1 was hoping for. (thats what first hockey tourneys are for, right?....having a good time and playing your sport!)

Ok....now FOOD!!!!

Hi Valerie
    I'm now back to finish this post, as I was sitting here I looked the clock that sits beside the computer and it said 9:15, Huh? Then I realized the battery must have gone bad, being that I figure I better do things when I notice them I went and changed it :)

I was not confused at all. You are lucky You have someone to take care of feed and water for the cats.

Have a Real Good Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Ok Foodies!
    I just roasted radishes! Yep, Radishes...I've been seeing that and seeing that, so today since I was roasting beets, and broccoli, I got some radishes out of one of those little plastic bags of radishes that you see in the winter, cut a few in half and threw them in... added a bit of EVOO, and a bit of balsamic vinegar, some salt and pepper....Hey! They're pretty good!

Made a dressing with the help of some hummus I made yesterday...good on the beets and the broccoli. (original recipe called for Brussels Sprouts, but I didn't have any...hence..broccoli).

Baked a block of pressed and marinated tofu...its tasty too. Next time I'll marinate over night I think!

Also, Nate played in the game for 3rd place at 7:15 this morning....ended in a 3/3 tie...and no shoot out, etc.? Anyhow, I'm sure they are driving home, and Nate's probably sound asleep...4 games in 2 days. Bet my little Tiger is exhausted. :)

Roger...I promise you, no matter what they say...grass needs at least 4 hours pref. more to grow well..I don't care where you live, or what the seed sellers say. This may live thru the summer, unless we have a horribly hot summer.....and then fescue does not withstand heat unless its planted in the fall prior to get a good root system going for summer. See why I say I hate grass? :)...I have several ground covers, and the Black Mondo Grass may be my best choice. Stays short..2", will grow pretty well in shade, stays green all winter, etc. They set some out up around the rock embankment around the drain...I may just dig up a bunch more and do the whole thing in Mondo.... At that point the front yard will all be perennial periwinkle which is pretty much a vine, and somewhat aggressive. And moss, and mondo! See, NO LAWNMOWER!!! LOL!!!

Side yards still will need cutting, as will the grass they planted, at least this year. I may also look into some of the decorative taller grasses, like Little Blue Stem, but NOT the big tall stuff.

Later...
    Oh, and I wouldn't compare yourself to an 'old guy' Roger. You've done a fantastic job with losing well over 100 pounds, and now walk several miles a day....not too many old folk do that! :) You're my inspiration...don't cut yourself short!!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Ok Foodies!
    I just roasted radishes! Yep, Radishes...I've been seeing that and seeing that, so today since I was roasting beets, and broccoli, I got some radishes out of one of those little plastic bags of radishes that you see in the winter, cut a few in half and threw them in... added a bit of EVOO, and a bit of balsamic vinegar, some salt and pepper....Hey! They're pretty good!

Made a dressing with the help of some hummus I made yesterday...good on the beets and the broccoli. (original recipe called for Brussels Sprouts, but I didn't have any...hence..broccoli).

Baked a block of pressed and marinated tofu...its tasty too. Next time I'll marinate over night I think!

Also, Nate played in the game for 3rd place at 7:15 this morning....ended in a 3/3 tie...and no shoot out, etc.? Anyhow, I'm sure they are driving home, and Nate's probably sound asleep...4 games in 2 days. Bet my little Tiger is exhausted. :)

Roger...I promise you, no matter what they say...grass needs at least 4 hours pref. more to grow well..I don't care where you live, or what the seed sellers say. This may live thru the summer, unless we have a horribly hot summer.....and then fescue does not withstand heat unless its planted in the fall prior to get a good root system going for summer. See why I say I hate grass? :)...I have several ground covers, and the Black Mondo Grass may be my best choice. Stays short..2", will grow pretty well in shade, stays green all winter, etc. They set some out up around the rock embankment around the drain...I may just dig up a bunch more and do the whole thing in Mondo.... At that point the front yard will all be perennial periwinkle which is pretty much a vine, and somewhat aggressive. And moss, and mondo! See, NO LAWNMOWER!!! LOL!!!

Side yards still will need cutting, as will the grass they planted, at least this year. I may also look into some of the decorative taller grasses, like Little Blue Stem, but NOT the big tall stuff.

Later...
    Oh, and I wouldn't compare yourself to an 'old guy' Roger. You've done a fantastic job with losing well over 100 pounds, and now walk several miles a day....not too many old folk do that! :) You're my inspiration...don't cut yourself short!!!!

Hi Valerie
    FWIW The news had a short item on a barber that is still cutting hair and is also over 100 years old. I think they said he was the oldest barber @ 105 Years old, I just looked and here is the link
    http://abc13.com/society/worlds-oldest-barber-celebrates-big-birthday/1229683/

Thursday, March 03, 2016 03:20PM
    VAILS GATE, NY --
    The world's oldest barber is still going strong in Orange County, and on Wednesday, he celebrated his 105th birthday.

Anthony Mancinelli celebrated the occasion with a cake, and was honored with a proclamation from Orange County legislators.

Anthony was asked recently what he would be doing on his birthday, and said he would spend it like any other day: "Come to work."

I'm gullible, I believe them when they say it will grow in shade :) If true there would be a lot more grass in the woods under the trees :)

I never heard of roasted Radishes, I may have to get some to try.

I am not cutting myself short, OTOH as I have been on Medicare & SSI for a few years I also know I am no spring chicken anymore. My goal is to collect SSI & Pension for as long as they took for me to earn them.

Enjoy the rest of the day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Cool out right now but supposed to be quite nice today.

Off to the salt races.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    We are headed into a warmer weather, Hooray. I was slightly under dressed when I started walking, however it was tolerable and as I had suspected it warmed up. There was frost on the Car when I started out. It is forecast to be in the upper 50s later on today :) 8.9k steps so far today.

Have a Great Upcoming Week
    Roger

Hi Ed
    Hi Valerie
    It seems we are all headed into decent weather for a few days.

Enjoy Your Monday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!
    Roger I like your attitude...collect from SSI for as long as they collected from our paychecks! :)
    Here's to a long life to both of us!!! And when you roast those radishes....I cut mine in half, rubbed a little olive oil on them and a little salt and pepper....liked them! Nice change up from the same ole, same ole, ya know!?!?
    Loved the article about the 105 year old barber...hope he has a very flexible schedule at his shop, so that its all enjoyment, no stress, no alarm clocks!

Sunny, not to warm..but thats coming later today and this week! Near 70 today, and 70's promised several days this week...to be rainy on Saturday as we're loading the car, and driving to the beach. BUT, rather the rain while driving (unless its a toad strangler), than having rain while I'm AT the beach!!! (I'm getting really excited, can you tell! )

Long list of to-do's, and hoping to have a pretty full list of 'check' items by evening.

Ed, This should be a great weather week for you at work. Are you doing any gardening this year? Like in pots, or flats of micro greens etc? When you first arrived here, you grew some interesting things...:) Hope your bank is getting its act together, and BC&BS also...

And that's about all folks. Hope to see LeeMom3 here sometime today...I'm curious to hear about her studies, as well as her classes for the nurses, etc. (and quietly I'm wondering if she's gotten another beagle...I woke dreaming of beagles today..must have been on my mind.)
    Ok, sweet potatoes are ready to come out of the pressure cooker, and I have alarms going off. Computer just announced that Roger had posted...so no doubt I'll be back! :wink:

• RogerToo
    Options
    lxYIwN.jpg
    Hmmm...
    Good Monday Morning!
    Roger I like your attitude...collect from SSI for as long as they collected from our paychecks! :)
    Here's to a long life to both of us!!! And when you roast those radishes....I cut mine in half, rubbed a little olive oil on them and a little salt and pepper....liked them! Nice change up from the same ole, same ole, ya know!?!?
    Loved the article about the 105 year old barber...hope he has a very flexible schedule at his shop, so that its all enjoyment, no stress, no alarm clocks!

Sunny, not to warm..but thats coming later today and this week! Near 70 today, and 70's promised several days this week...to be rainy on Saturday as we're loading the car, and driving to the beach. BUT, rather the rain while driving (unless its a toad strangler), than having rain while I'm AT the beach!!! (I'm getting really excited, can you tell! )

Long list of to-do's, and hoping to have a pretty full list of 'check' items by evening.

Ed, This should be a great weather week for you at work. Are you doing any gardening this year? Like in pots, or flats of micro greens etc? When you first arrived here, you grew some interesting things...:) Hope your bank is getting its act together, and BC&BS also...

And that's about all folks. Hope to see LeeMom3 here sometime today...I'm curious to hear about her studies, as well as her classes for the nurses, etc. (and quietly I'm wondering if she's gotten another beagle...I woke dreaming of beagles today..must have been on my mind.)
    Ok, sweet potatoes are ready to come out of the pressure cooker, and I have alarms going off. Computer just announced that Roger had posted...so no doubt I'll be back! :wink:

Hi Valerie
    That tattletale MFP broadcasting that I posted :)

They did not mention schedule in the article that I noticed or in the news broadcast either.

ToDo list, Something I create and then forget to look at, OOPS!

I am ambivalent regarding rain on the way or while on vacation. I also hate driving in the rain, I had to do it for too many years at work and rain seems to bring out some of the worst driving.

Good Luck getting Your ToDo list done
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there right now, but supposed to get to 74 today! We better enjoy the few days of spring that we get because we'll be feeling summer heat in a couple of weeks I suppose.

Well, off to the rat mines!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Today is going to be beautiful! 70's...thats Valerie kinda weather!!! Yep, Ed...summer soon, but I'm guessing not til May-ish.

Got many of my 'to-do's Monday' done....left overs will be come part of Tuesday's list. For sure a trip to Costco. Cats already out for the day, and boxes cleaned. Little carpet clean-up to finish....I suspect Tom E...somebody ate grass yesterday. Lucky me?

First, I get to have breakfast! Which come to think about it, is still in the car. Or at least part of it. Hmmmm.

Got home yesterday later than I expected, and needed to lightly sprinkle the grass seed Romero put down on Saturday...and then it was nearly dark, and stuff in the trunk was mostly forgotten... nothing perishable in there. But I do need to bring it into the house!!! :)

LeeAnn, where are you?????

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I was listening to a mixed bag of music from Tennessee Ernie Ford doing "Peace In The Valley" and others to Movie & TV Theme music. 9+K steps today and I am done for since I stopped at the Local Supermarket for Lettuce, Cabbage and bread, I ended Up with Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 grain bread at 45 calories a slice. I plan on using it with two of the remaining 4 Hickory Smoke beef Patties from NS, I can tolerate them if I boil the heck out of them to heat them and a dollop of Ketchup, not Microwave them. I have had four of them in the freezer as well as two of the NS Chicken patty dinner servings for a couple of years. Those will get heated with a touch of BBQ sauce and shredded onto the bread. Both of those will serve as a PF + SC that way. I'm not worried about their age as they are a Shelf Stable food that I froze to extend their life.

The Gift cards I ordered from CostCo the first day of the sale arrived in Monday's mail delivery.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 out there right now, but supposed to get to 74 today! We better enjoy the few days of spring that we get because we'll be feeling summer heat in a couple of weeks I suppose.

Well, off to the rat mines!

Hi Ed
    It was around 50 at 7AM and going up today, the weatherman is now saying up to 77 degrees tomorrow in parts of NJ. Spring is here early :)

Have a Good Day at work
    Roger
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    Today is going to be beautiful! 70's...thats Valerie kinda weather!!! Yep, Ed...summer soon, but I'm guessing not til May-ish.

Got many of my 'to-do's Monday' done....left overs will be come part of Tuesday's list. For sure a trip to Costco. Cats already out for the day, and boxes cleaned. Little carpet clean-up to finish....I suspect Tom E...somebody ate grass yesterday. Lucky me?

First, I get to have breakfast! Which come to think about it, is still in the car. Or at least part of it. Hmmmm.

Got home yesterday later than I expected, and needed to lightly sprinkle the grass seed Romero put down on Saturday...and then it was nearly dark, and stuff in the trunk was mostly forgotten... nothing perishable in there. But I do need to bring it into the house!!! :)

LeeAnn, where are you?????

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have been Known to leave the paper goods from CostCo in the trunk myself. I left a couple of books in there and forgot they were there until the next time I went to CostCo, OOPS!

I do need to vacuum, Motivation is lacking however.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • Leemom3
    Leemom3 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am back (Val, thanks for checking). Roger, now I remember! My apologies for not recalling properly. And, if I remember correctly, we are not too far away from each other. I am south Jersey, although I work in north Jersey.
    Val, the roasted radishes sound - intriguing. Is it worth it for me to buy a bag to roast? Maybe the next time I roast the frozen brussels sprouts (I know...you shudder at the frozen descriptor!) I may toss in some radishes. And thanks for the try at a private message...even if the system didn't make it work!
    Ed, great advice about not doing a name change. Many years ago - over 20 - I went through a name change to drop my husband's last name. We were not getting divorced, but I wanted my birth name back. I just never felt like "me" with someone else's name. It took YEARS, even with my court documents, for things to be straightened out. Today, I would not change it for anything - if for no other reason than what you talked about!
    Roger, you bring up a good point about the move by NS away from the forum. That was such a major support system for so many folks (including me). I enjoy reconnecting with all of you, but I found you only because I saved the link in my "favorites" bar on my computer. It is impossible for me to find info easily about NS. In my opinion...bad customer service.
    I know this is the early morning forum, and I seem to be here only in the evening. It's morning somewhere, isn't it?
    Will be back to see you folks again,
    Lee-Ann