Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning..
    Ed said it...rain! and more rain (thunderstorms), tomorrow. But...at this minute it looks like a dry weekend Ed!! :)
    Doc appointment in a bit this morning, and Olivia's gymnastics tonite.
    I'm sure I'll find 'stuff' to get into in between times.

Not so sure I buy into your dirty furnace filter theory Roger. This filter is before furnace, and would restrict the cold air from being in the furnace for combustion. Thinking I'd rather not do that.
    Hope your walk was possible...I seem to recall a big cold snow/ice storm headed your way.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just tried a lean Cuisine Baked Chicken Dinner, further information in the Food Reviews section shortly, here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

I walked 8.2K Steps and one badly corroded penny. The Penny was found when I walked down the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street from the one I usually walk on :)

Light Rain already, It started less than an hour after my walk, so I got that in before the rain.
    I also swung past the Produce Store and picked up Bananas, a decent size 99 cent Strawberries, three Nectarines and three Pears all to be used as SCs. The Lettuce was small and light in weight so I passed it by as at 89 cents it still was no bargain. I would rather pay more an get a good quality and size head of Lettuce.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger

Hi Ed
    Good Tuesday Morning..
    Ed said it...rain! and more rain (thunderstorms), tomorrow. But...at this minute it looks like a dry weekend Ed!! :)
    Doc appointment in a bit this morning, and Olivia's gymnastics tonite.
    I'm sure I'll find 'stuff' to get into in between times.

Not so sure I buy into your dirty furnace filter theory Roger. This filter is before furnace, and would restrict the cold air from being in the furnace for combustion. Thinking I'd rather not do that.
    Hope your walk was possible...I seem to recall a big cold snow/ice storm headed your way.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I have never heard of or seen a filter on the combustion air. The Ones I am familiar with from when we had hot air heat and on home improvement shows are only in the air return to be heated again where they can help reduce dust in the house. The Combustion air supply should not be connected to the air return in anyway as I understand it.

As You can see I got out around 7:40 and beat the rain when I returned home at 9:25. I was running a little slow due to the produce store stop. It appears that the Snow & ice portion will likely miss me and be to the north a little ways.

Enjoy Olivia's gymnastics tonight

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2016
    Options
    sDXaKQ.jpg
    It looks like something got lost in the Translation

sfT9eU.jpg
    Valerie, Just for You

AHhQCx.jpg
    Bad Grammar :)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    LOL! I always wondered what I must taste like...now I know....Black Raspberry!!!
    The chips def. had a translation fail! Yeah, I've posted Dr. Mark Hyman's assessment of grocery stores on my time line before! You have to admit, he has made a point. Problem is a lot of what is in the 'Health Food' section is not exactly healthy either...sad, huh? But, its what sells....

Ok, Rog, I may be wrong about the filtered air...but the filter goes into the holder thingy, with the arrow pointing air flow from the cold air return, toward the furnace which is sitting right next to the filter....so, its air that is being reheated in that respect, as its coming from two cold air returns in my ceilings....???? I dunno, I just know if I forget and don't change the filter, or if I have a lot, a lot of dust like when the tiles were being cut in my foyer (where one of the cold air returns is), that filter went from snow white to beige, and the furnace was 'huffing' not just 'burning'....???? sometimes I should know what I'm talking about, instead of just making what looks like logical assumptions??? :):)

Creepy day...not really raining since about 7-8 a.m...just very overcast and wet! Cold front coming... I do not understand why they can't keep that cold air in Canada!!! LOL!!!!

My trip to the Dr. wasn't exactly bad...but was disappointing to me. She was Ok with my weight loss, but a bit surprised at my blood pressure, which bounced up for the occasion to 152. (Anticipating having my blood pressure taken just unnerves me so much, that 3 nights ago, I was already having nightmares about my blood pressure.) So, no real surprise, but it leaves me taking that damn pill every morning for another 6 months...ARRRGGGGG!

Oh, and while I'm confessing....I need another 20 Hail Mary's...today, while here on the computer, there was a 'clatter' in the kitchen, and I turned my head in time to see Hoot, and one of those alum. pans hit the floor. I'm just sorry I hadn't put water in them last night. Why the Hail Mary's you may ask?....CUZ I LAUGHED! , and I"m still giggling. Bet that cat thinks twice before leaping on to the cabinets again!!

OK taking my bad self off to do something else....no idea what!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,712 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's wet Wednesday! Supposed to thunderstorm today. I could use a dry day, myself!

All the salt at the salt races will dissolve and the rats in the mine will drown!

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    Well, scale says I weigh 3 lbs less today than yesterday...bet my BP is down too. I just freak over those two numbers. ARG! OTOH...thats a 3 pound leg up on the weight she expects me to lose before my August appointment. :)

Ed, for a brief couple minutes I saw the sun!! I think this will all blow out tonite, and give us a chilly, but dry weekend.

Today is Chiro, and much needed adjustment, then my hair cut and perm so I have worry free hair at the beach in just 17 days!! YESSSSS!

Pans with water still sitting on the counters...thats good..... :)

Time to hit the shower and clean up after the cats...not necessarily in that order.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I decided to go walking this morning, when I got up the local Cable news channel showed a break in the weather and it looked OK, Just wet outside so I togged up in a complete head to toe Frogg Toggs and went walking. When I left the house it was just a fine mist, intermittent slightly heavier rain but not to bad actually. I covered my normal distance 7-Eleven Coffee powered :)

The weather forecast is for heavier rain later on into early Thursday, Since I have two more days of frozen vegetables on hand I have decided to CostCo it on Friday. Friday will be Frozen vegetables and paper goods day from there.

I will be adding a mini review of The Lean Cuisine Comfort line Pot Roast to the NS food reviews section, link to that section is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
    LOL! I always wondered what I must taste like...now I know....Black Raspberry!!!
    The chips def. had a translation fail! Yeah, I've posted Dr. Mark Hyman's assessment of grocery stores on my time line before! You have to admit, he has made a point. Problem is a lot of what is in the 'Health Food' section is not exactly healthy either...sad, huh? But, its what sells....

Ok, Rog, I may be wrong about the filtered air...but the filter goes into the holder thingy, with the arrow pointing air flow from the cold air return, toward the furnace which is sitting right next to the filter....so, its air that is being reheated in that respect, as its coming from two cold air returns in my ceilings....???? I dunno, I just know if I forget and don't change the filter, or if I have a lot, a lot of dust like when the tiles were being cut in my foyer (where one of the cold air returns is), that filter went from snow white to beige, and the furnace was 'huffing' not just 'burning'....???? sometimes I should know what I'm talking about, instead of just making what looks like logical assumptions??? :):)

Creepy day...not really raining since about 7-8 a.m...just very overcast and wet! Cold front coming... I do not understand why they can't keep that cold air in Canada!!! LOL!!!!

My trip to the Dr. wasn't exactly bad...but was disappointing to me. She was Ok with my weight loss, but a bit surprised at my blood pressure, which bounced up for the occasion to 152. (Anticipating having my blood pressure taken just unnerves me so much, that 3 nights ago, I was already having nightmares about my blood pressure.) So, no real surprise, but it leaves me taking that damn pill every morning for another 6 months...ARRRGGGGG!

Oh, and while I'm confessing....I need another 20 Hail Mary's...today, while here on the computer, there was a 'clatter' in the kitchen, and I turned my head in time to see Hoot, and one of those alum. pans hit the floor. I'm just sorry I hadn't put water in them last night. Why the Hail Mary's you may ask?....CUZ I LAUGHED! , and I"m still giggling. Bet that cat thinks twice before leaping on to the cabinets again!!

OK taking my bad self off to do something else....no idea what!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Yup, if it were outside air being filtered then the tile dust would not have built up on it, easy mistake to make however.

I agree stress can have a effect on BP :) I guess I am lucky that is not one of my worries that keeps me up nights. I have enough other things doing that.

Nothing wrong with a good chuckle, I love a good laugh myself.
    Hi Guys!
    Well, scale says I weigh 3 lbs less today than yesterday...bet my BP is down too. I just freak over those two numbers. ARG! OTOH...thats a 3 pound leg up on the weight she expects me to lose before my August appointment. :)

Ed, for a brief couple minutes I saw the sun!! I think this will all blow out tonite, and give us a chilly, but dry weekend.

Today is Chiro, and much needed adjustment, then my hair cut and perm so I have worry free hair at the beach in just 17 days!! YESSSSS!

Pans with water still sitting on the counters...thats good..... :)

Time to hit the shower and clean up after the cats...not necessarily in that order.

Later...

I have seen Yo Yo weights myself. It still seems weird to me BTW.

Sun Maybe Friday or late Thursday here.

I would think that the pans of water being on the counter and not all over the floor is good.

It sounds as if someone is getting ready for a vacation

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's wet Wednesday! Supposed to thunderstorm today. I could use a dry day, myself!

All the salt at the salt races will dissolve and the rats in the mine will drown!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Hi Ed
    Heavy rains and high winds in the forecast here.

I like Your comments on the salt races and mines
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Interesting article linked here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12170702/Eat-in-the-dark-to-lose-weight-say-scientists.html
    Eat in the dark to lose weight, say scientists
    Volunteers ate nearly 10 per cent less ice-cream when blindfolded, and believed they had eaten far more.

An experiment by the University of Konstanz, in Germany, found that people who were blindfolded consumed nine per cent fewer calories before they felt full, compared to those who could see.

“This may provide an unobtrusive and naturalistic means to change the experience of eating behaviour."
    Dr Britter Renner, University of Konstanz

They also vastly overestimated how much they had eaten because they could not see how much was left on the plate. Blindfolded volunteers estimated they had eaten 88 per cent more than they actually had.

More in the article

A interesting read. For some people this may be all they need to lose weight :)

Have a Nice Day
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! After yesterday's storms, today is expected to be cool and dry. Tonight, back down to freezing temperatures! Those poor rats would get cold, but really in the mines the temperature shouldn't change much, as it's underground.

Not much tagging at all yesterday, and none of it outside so it didn't take long at all. About an hour after I left the power went out at work, according to the text I received from the poor newest person, but someone from inside the store came out to help her get everything disposed properly.

No idea how long it was out. Maybe I'll find out in the notes this morning.

Well, off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning,
    My digitals all had to be reset yesterday when I got home...I don't know how long it was out either Ed. My gas range clock (old fashioned electric clock) was off by about 10 minutes, but I don't know how accurate it actually was....
    Its 10 a.m. and 43 degrees on my porch...that translates to cool only for Roger...at Valerie's house overcast windy 43 degrees is cold!! :)

Chores started, but lots more waiting....this is probably my only 'work/chore' day til Sunday. So I'm in 'GO' mode...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi
    The Weather cleared up overnight, No More rain, Lightening or Thunder. Still some gusty wind, but warm in the 50s so I did go walking and Buy more Florida Strawberries @$0.99 for a one pound box and a head of 79 cent Lettuce as I neared the end of my walk by the Produce Store. On the One road i walked on that crosses a small brook it was swollen and spread out all over and the road was closed where it was flooded. Some parts of NJ had up to 3 inches of rain and Wind gusts over 50MPH.

I'll be updating the Food Reviews with a Mini Review of the Lean Cuisine Comfort Line Chicken Marsala & Risotto @210 calories in the food review section here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! After yesterday's storms, today is expected to be cool and dry. Tonight, back down to freezing temperatures! Those poor rats would get cold, but really in the mines the temperature shouldn't change much, as it's underground.

Not much tagging at all yesterday, and none of it outside so it didn't take long at all. About an hour after I left the power went out at work, according to the text I received from the poor newest person, but someone from inside the store came out to help her get everything disposed properly.

No idea how long it was out. Maybe I'll find out in the notes this morning.

Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You got out of work at the right time :)

I think we head back into cold weather tonight too :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good Thursday Morning,
    My digitals all had to be reset yesterday when I got home...I don't know how long it was out either Ed. My gas range clock (old fashioned electric clock) was off by about 10 minutes, but I don't know how accurate it actually was....
    Its 10 a.m. and 43 degrees on my porch...that translates to cool only for Roger...at Valerie's house overcast windy 43 degrees is cold!! :)

Chores started, but lots more waiting....this is probably my only 'work/chore' day til Sunday. So I'm in 'GO' mode...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Many of my Digital Clocks have battery backup that keeps the time working, No display but at least they do not need a reset.

All the Wall Clocks and the one on top of the one Bookcase run on a 1.5 volt AA battery so they keep working. I had one that was not working in the living room even with a new battery, at the time I was getting ready to order a new movement it started working again :) I think It read my mind and got scared into working.

Last Night I left the house for a couple of minutes around 9PM and it was nice and warm, Windy, Rainy but warm. This morning was good too, However during the walk the temperature started dropping as forecast. I was hoping they were wrong, Oh well.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy again y'all. Turns out the power was off at work for quite a long time yesterday, from about 1:30 to 5:07!

Made braised boneless white meat pork chops for dinner, with mashed potatoes, buttered broccoli and herb onion gravy. Ate one chop, small serving of potatoes, decent serving of broccoli, and a good drizzle of gravy over the meat and potatoes. And one glass of dry Australian white wine.

Looking forward to hearing about the chicken marsala. I love chicken marsala, but am all too often extremely disappointed with it when buying it in frozen dinners or even sometimes at restaurants! Fortunately, I can make it myself, and I'm never disappointed with it when I make it. :)

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Cold right now but will warm up to about 50 supposedly. No rain in today's forecast.

Last night D thought I was mad at him because I ate my dinner and put the rest away when I was through. I had told him earlier in the day what time I was planning dinner (6 or 7) and what it was. He went out to "return some things" and was gone for hours and hours, returning home at 7:22.

Well, I had served dinner at 6:35 and ate mine, then waited until a bit after 7 and put everything away. I don't leave food out to grow bacteria.

Around 8 he finally inquired about whether I had actually made dinner and I said that yes, I had made it, served it, and put it away since he wasn't there. I didn't offer to get any out (or for him to have any, though he'd only need to ask if he wanted some...and would have had to assemble and warm it himself) because he often takes his sweet time in showing up when I make food and I just won't have it anymore.

He is free to warm up some when/if he arrives and he has in the past, after inquiring as to whether he can still have some, despite his lateness, but last night all he did was ask whether the pork chops were good, and what else I'd made with it (clearly hinting that he'd like some) and I answered, but again did not offer any. He did not ASK for any and so he did not get any.

Shortly before I went to bed, J told me that D thought I was mad at him. I replied that I wasn't mad, just wasn't putting up with his nonsense and that he could eat some if he wanted, but he hadn't asked, and I wasn't going to offer. Why he thought I was mad at him, I don't really know. I didn't express any anger, just calmly stated that I had put the food away after he didn't show up.

It doesn't matter if I'm serving for just me or for a party of people, I serve at (or just slightly later than) the time specified and if you're not there, then you miss out on the fresh food. That's just the way I roll. The only one I will hold dinner for is my spouse, and that's a special case.

22 minutes late is NOT on time, and if he had wanted food, he should have know all he had to do was actually ASK for it and he could have eaten. I guess he didn't because he thought I was mad. His problem. I don't know if he ate anything last night or not, but presume he had some of his snack type food that he keeps on hand.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was and still is gusty out this morning. Wind chill in the 20s when I left for my walk, Some calm periods and then a gust of wind that You have to either let push You or lean into.
    I'm home from CostCo and my earlier walk, 8200+ steps, 2 Bags of Normandy Mix, French Green Beans, Stir Fry vegetables to try, Yogurt, and Chicken Breast on Skewers 150 calories for 2 skewers to try out and 2 10 packs of Kleenex. I use a lot of them when walking at this time of the years from the cold air.

That makes two weeks + of Greek Yogurt, a month or more of Frozen vegetables and some proteins. Plenty of fruit on hand too. No need to shop for a couple of weeks now :)

More LC reviews coming, Todays is the Chicken Fettuccine and maybe today or tomorrow I will be trying the LC Steak Portobello Dinner for lunch, at 160 calories it should work well and will make a change from the NS lunches.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105887-ns-food-reviews

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Howdy again y'all. Turns out the power was off at work for quite a long time yesterday, from about 1:30 to 5:07!

Made braised boneless white meat pork chops for dinner, with mashed potatoes, buttered broccoli and herb onion gravy. Ate one chop, small serving of potatoes, decent serving of broccoli, and a good drizzle of gravy over the meat and potatoes. And one glass of dry Australian white wine.

Looking forward to hearing about the chicken marsala. I love chicken marsala, but am all too often extremely disappointed with it when buying it in frozen dinners or even sometimes at restaurants! Fortunately, I can make it myself, and I'm never disappointed with it when I make it. :)

Hi Ed
    A link to reviews section I use is above and the review of it is there. If I had any opened Peas it could have used a few added in :) However I liked it and will buy more in the future. I like the frozen entrees as I am not a avid cook and TBH cooking is chore for me.

I suspect that You would not care for it since You would be comparing the sauce in it to the homemade to Your tastes sauce which must be better for You.
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Cold right now but will warm up to about 50 supposedly. No rain in today's forecast.

Last night D thought I was mad at him because I ate my dinner and put the rest away when I was through. I had told him earlier in the day what time I was planning dinner (6 or 7) and what it was. He went out to "return some things" and was gone for hours and hours, returning home at 7:22.

Well, I had served dinner at 6:35 and ate mine, then waited until a bit after 7 and put everything away. I don't leave food out to grow bacteria.

Around 8 he finally inquired about whether I had actually made dinner and I said that yes, I had made it, served it, and put it away since he wasn't there. I didn't offer to get any out (or for him to have any, though he'd only need to ask if he wanted some...and would have had to assemble and warm it himself) because he often takes his sweet time in showing up when I make food and I just won't have it anymore.

He is free to warm up some when/if he arrives and he has in the past, after inquiring as to whether he can still have some, despite his lateness, but last night all he did was ask whether the pork chops were good, and what else I'd made with it (clearly hinting that he'd like some) and I answered, but again did not offer any. He did not ASK for any and so he did not get any.

Shortly before I went to bed, J told me that D thought I was mad at him. I replied that I wasn't mad, just wasn't putting up with his nonsense and that he could eat some if he wanted, but he hadn't asked, and I wasn't going to offer. Why he thought I was mad at him, I don't really know. I didn't express any anger, just calmly stated that I had put the food away after he didn't show up.

It doesn't matter if I'm serving for just me or for a party of people, I serve at (or just slightly later than) the time specified and if you're not there, then you miss out on the fresh food. That's just the way I roll. The only one I will hold dinner for is my spouse, and that's a special case.

22 minutes late is NOT on time, and if he had wanted food, he should have know all he had to do was actually ASK for it and he could have eaten. I guess he didn't because he thought I was mad. His problem. I don't know if he ate anything last night or not, but presume he had some of his snack type food that he keeps on hand.

Hi Ed
    I have done something sort of similar with the strainer in the kitchen sink. I got tired of mentioning to my Brother to empty it when he washes his dishes and pans later that day and hearing :it still drains" so I left it until nothing drained and then it did get emptied :)

I could leave food out for my brother and he would eat it. More than once he leaves Left over Chinese take Out on the table in case he gets hungry in the night. I would be afraid of it spoiling and I would only eat it heated too.

Have a good day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    I hope You are having a great day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. Been up since a little after 4:00. I'm getting too used to getting up at 3:00 on work days! But I can go back to bed in a bit.

I may try that frozen Chicken Marsala. As always, it looks GREAT in the picture, but the taste? Well...time may tell. LOL!

I have to say, if I'm not serving over risotto, then I can whip up Chicken Marsala in about 30 minutes, as it's really not a complicated or difficult recipe at all, assuming one has all the ingredients to hand. I've even seen recipes that use some other white wine, rather than Marsala, which really, to me, sort of negates it being Chicken Marsala. I mean, if you use Chardonnay, then isn't it Chicken Chardonnay?

I like to cut white meat chicken up into bite size pieces, dredge lightly in seasoned (and herbed!) flour, just once so its a VERY light dredging. Sometimes I skip the flour and just season (and herb!) the meat directly. Brown the meat in a small amount of oil, ghee, or butter, which pretty much gets the chicken done with bite size pieces. Set the meat aside, and sauté some chopped/minced garlic and sliced mushrooms in the same oil until the mushrooms wilt and the garlic is nicely aromatic. Add the chicken back, with some Marsala wine and, if needed, a little chicken stock. Reduce the sauce, and thicken, if necessary, with a little cornstarch. If you use cooking wine, you may need to adjust (or omit) salt in the seasoning stage of the chicken, at the beginning, as cooking wine is already salted. If using Marsala meant for drinking, then that adjustment won't be necessary.

My herbs always include rosemary. Sometimes a dash of sage (but usually not), probably some thyme and I've seen recipes that call for oregano, but I usually don't put that in mine. That's another place where recipes vary widely, is in which herbs to use in the dish. I don't object to people using whatever herbs they like, I just happen to really like rosemary, and there's no need to overcomplicate this dish with a lot of herbs.

Serve over pasta, mashed potatoes, toast points, rice, pilaf, or risotto. Really, your choice of starch. I like it over a small serving of whole wheat fettuccine myself.

Steam some broccoli or other green vegetable to go with it, add a salad on the side and dinner is served!

Well, Lilo has been fed, I've been fed. Need to brew some tea I guess. Then probably back to bed for a nap.

Need to get out to the store to buy canned mealworms for the sugar gliders.

And the farmers market to buy another big bottle of my favorite brand of sriracha, as we've opened the last one.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It is not to bad outside despite being cold, Less wind so OK to walk in.

Dinner with my Brother and a Friend at a Chinese Buffet Friday Evening, Where the selection is large and tasty :(
    The Chicken Broccoli was close enough to OP, However the extra Sesame Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Pizza, Ham Slice and Carrot Cake puts it way off from On Plan.
    Today I am expecting to be back to 100%

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger

Hi Valerie
    I hope You are having a Great Saturday
    Roger

Hi Ed
    Canned Meal Worms, what will they think of next, I seem to remember buying freeze dried ones to feed to the fish in the aquarium years ago when I had a few tanks set up.

The thing I suspect You miss in the store bought frozen entree is real wine. They may have put the taste in somehow without using the wine ?

I still wake up earlier than necessary now that I have no need to get up for work. I was up for many years ahead of the Clock Radio going off, I did leave it set as a just in case :)

Enjoy Your day off
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, here's the ingredient list for the Lean Cuisine Chicken Marsala (which does include marsala wine!) and, while it has a lot of things, I don't see anything in there that I would find offensive. It's possible that I might like this one. If I happen to see it while browsing frozen entrees at work, I may buy one. I sometimes buy Lean Cuisine, especially if they have them on the end with a special sale price. :) They are handy for nights when I just don't feel like cooking.

water, cooked white meat chicken, cooked enriched long grain rice (water, rice, iron, niacin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid), skim milk, mushrooms, peas, marsala wine, 2% or less of parmesan and asiago cheese blend with flavor (parmesan & asiago cheeses [cultured milk, salt, enzymes], enzyme modified parmesan cheese [cultured milk, water, salt, enzymes], whey, salt), modified food starch, butter (cream, salt), onions, chicken broth, soybean oil, brown sugar, garlic, maltodextrin, salt, sea salt, spices, potassium chloride, isolated soy protein, sodium phosphates, seasoning (dried chicken broth, chicken powder, natural flavor), caramel color, dried onions, carrageenan, mushroom extract, pectin, flavors, xanthan gum, lactic acid, autolyzed yeast extract, dextrose, calcium lactate, chicken fat, dried chicken broth, gum acacia, sodium lactate, sesame oil, canola lecithin, citric acid, potassium phosphate, sodium citrate.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Cold out there right now, but supposed to get quite warm today. I've got six or eight purple crocus in bloom right now and several daffodils about to open. Maybe today!

And of course along with my early bloomers, there are already dandelions. I don't really mind dandelions, and think they are pretty but I know a lot of people think they are awful. There are a few other small, low to the ground, weedy little flowers in purple and in blue that are out in the yard too, but one has to look really close to see them. We'll shortly have the wild viola in a couple of colors as well. I always like seeing them in the Spring.

I planted a good number of bulbs last year and am not really sure anymore exactly what all they were, as they were a wedding gift from a friend. The crocus were among them, and I'm glad to see that they, at least, have come up! I've always loved crocus. They are one of the harbingers of Spring.

Well, I've eaten my bacon and paratha for breakfast, and Lilo has been served (and is now snoozing in my lap) so I'll finish this sugar free breakfast orange drink thing and check email.

Later gators!

• parityanimal
    Options
    And now I've got beets cooking in one slow cooker, beet greens and carrot leaves cooking in another, and plotting to probably dice up some turnip and rutabaga for additional dinner, with maybe some potato and broccoli, possibly some carrots...and either roast all that or stir fry it with some tofu.

I need to finish up the laundry too...left the last load in the dryer last night and need to "refresh" that and fold it.

• RogerToo
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi
    Another day, another walk, just over 8k steps today. It was below freezing when I went out, however it is supposed to be up to the vicinity of 60 degrees today for a high temperature. Possibility of snow at the end of the upcoming week, hopefully that far out they are wrong.

Another Mini review shortly, the LC Comfort line Grilled Chicken Primavera.

For those that might be interested I just heard from ginnywed in the 100% Challenge message thread that CostCo is putting the NutriSystem Gift cards on sale for $59.99 on March 3, a savings of $40.01 over the $100 face value. Just in the nick of time too as I used up the ones I had left on hand for my upcoming order :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Well, here's the ingredient list for the Lean Cuisine Chicken Marsala (which does include marsala wine!) and, while it has a lot of things, I don't see anything in there that I would find offensive. It's possible that I might like this one. If I happen to see it while browsing frozen entrees at work, I may buy one. I sometimes buy Lean Cuisine, especially if they have them on the end with a special sale price. :) They are handy for nights when I just don't feel like cooking.

water, cooked white meat chicken, cooked enriched long grain rice (water, rice, iron, niacin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid), skim milk, mushrooms, peas, marsala wine, 2% or less of parmesan and asiago cheese blend with flavor (parmesan & asiago cheeses [cultured milk, salt, enzymes], enzyme modified parmesan cheese [cultured milk, water, salt, enzymes], whey, salt), modified food starch, butter (cream, salt), onions, chicken broth, soybean oil, brown sugar, garlic, maltodextrin, salt, sea salt, spices, potassium chloride, isolated soy protein, sodium phosphates, seasoning (dried chicken broth, chicken powder, natural flavor), caramel color, dried onions, carrageenan, mushroom extract, pectin, flavors, xanthan gum, lactic acid, autolyzed yeast extract, dextrose, calcium lactate, chicken fat, dried chicken broth, gum acacia, sodium lactate, sesame oil, canola lecithin, citric acid, potassium phosphate, sodium citrate.

Hi Ed
    I do have the box buried in the bag of recycling, I wonder if it would pay me to save the boxes sorted into Buy again, maybe and don't buy, hmm.. Nope easier to create a text file on the computer :)
    I'm not sure what they charge for them where You are. For example the ShopRite Supermarket has them on sale
    Lean Cuisine Comfort Baked Chicken
    8.6 oz $0.38/oz
    $3.29 $3.99
    On Sale!
    When I bought mine they were on Sale at the Acme for $2.50 so that ended up being a really good price. Makes me glad I watch their circular :)
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday!

Cold out there right now, but supposed to get quite warm today. I've got six or eight purple crocus in bloom right now and several daffodils about to open. Maybe today!

And of course along with my early bloomers, there are already dandelions. I don't really mind dandelions, and think they are pretty but I know a lot of people think they are awful. There are a few other small, low to the ground, weedy little flowers in purple and in blue that are out in the yard too, but one has to look really close to see them. We'll shortly have the wild viola in a couple of colors as well. I always like seeing them in the Spring.

I planted a good number of bulbs last year and am not really sure anymore exactly what all they were, as they were a wedding gift from a friend. The crocus were among them, and I'm glad to see that they, at least, have come up! I've always loved crocus. They are one of the harbingers of Spring.

Well, I've eaten my bacon and paratha for breakfast, and Lilo has been served (and is now snoozing in my lap) so I'll finish this sugar free breakfast orange drink thing and check email.

Later gators!

We do have the earliest Spring bulbs in bloom, that would be the Snow Drops, The Hyacinths are maybe 1 & 1/2 to two inches above ground currently.

Paratha?

We do get some kind of weed/wild flower, I'm not sure that comes up and blooms every spring too.
    And now I've got beets cooking in one slow cooker, beet greens and carrot leaves cooking in another, and plotting to probably dice up some turnip and rutabaga for additional dinner, with maybe some potato and broccoli, possibly some carrots...and either roast all that or stir fry it with some tofu.

I need to finish up the laundry too...left the last load in the dryer last night and need to "refresh" that and fold it.

Laundry, later this week for me. I wonder how Valerie is doing on her vacation?

Have a Really Great day and upcoming week
    Roger